Bagseed grow 1st. time in Coco & perlite

• Thread starter SSgrower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SSgrower

SSgrower

I've read to put a moist piece of sponge in the cap of the pen to keep moist & active?

Madmax

Madmax

That will help .id just use tap water till you can get a small bottle of ph pen storage solution..its pretty cheap.it also pays to have a cleaning kit for when you go to recalibrate 😃

SSgrower

SSgrower

Yes, this is Chemistry and our tools must be kept clean. I got my meter calibrated and the "rain water" Ph'd at 7.9
The RO water at 7.7 and my Oneness nutrient mix at 7.9. I only micro mixed 2.5 ml to a qt. of water, I'll be doing 1-5 gallons from now on. I want to pot up but am only 3 weeks in tomorrow.

SSgrower

SSgrower

Here are day 20 seedling pictures, I took the 1 sick plant out and put it on a paper towel under a curly light till it dried out by turning the 3"jiffy pot every 45 min. then, back into the tent, no water just light. Mold looking marks on the outside of the peat pot. Gave the other 3 no water till 2:00 pm. Thanks guy for the advice and keep it coming it helps.

20210313 063640
20210313 063702
SSgrower

SSgrower

Day 21 seedlings show leaves down asking for water and nutes again, I took the curly leaf plant and put it back into the tent with little water, light weigh again so it did dry out. Measure 10ml. nutrient mix with rain water at 7.9 Ph. Gonna buy some ph down, tomorrow. My buddy say's to "pinch" them now. We call that fimmed or F.I.M. Cursing the over watering I did on the one plant but hey it's gonna happen, now I measure instead of eyeball a pour of nutrient water.

20210312 073317
SSgrower

SSgrower

I am going to pinch the tops today of my youngun's. This should help them spread out some, shock for a few days, then I'll up pot into 3 gal material bags w/coco&perlite and start making gallon size nutrient mix for the plants. My 2nd Viparspectra 450w led light is on it's way this morning to daisy chain in the 4x4' Vipar tent. Watching and learning to see the signs the plants give off to help me fed them is getting there. I still need the Farm's help so thank's guys! Cheers & toke on. Day 22. 6:30 lights on.

20210312 073309
sportyridr

sportyridr

I am going to pinch the tops today of my youngun's. This should help them spread out some, shock for a few days, then I'll up pot into 3 gal material bags w/coco&perlite and start making gallon size nutrient mix for the plants. My 2nd Viparspectra 450w led light is on it's way this morning to daisy chain in the 4x4' Vipar tent. Watching and learning to see the signs the plants give off to help me fed them is getting there. I still need the Farm's help so thank's guys! Cheers & toke on. Day 22. 6:30 lights on.
Maybe Aqua's guide to watering Coco is reading material that will help you. :)

SSgrower

SSgrower

Yes, I will read it again for more recall of amounts and frequency of watering, thanks rider.

SSgrower

SSgrower

Day 24, plants doing well after "Pinch", I am looking forward to the transplant to Coco coir. Nutes micro dosing going well for a novice,

20210317 063823
SSgrower

SSgrower

Day 26 I believe, 40 degree morning and the plants were laying over on me, needed water, must have drank all the water I gave them yesterday so, they may need more water now with the 10ml. micro dose of Oneness. Weather had a part in this laying over as well. Lights out and the tent gets cooler & 40 night will effect it. I need to grow with the light at night but I'll remember that for my next winter/spring grow. Lesson learned. Toke on brothers, waiting on Cal/Mag, pulley straps, 450w vipar led too.

Madmax

Madmax

Id up pot those bro..im in 4.45 ltrs pots and the girls are drinking 1/2 litre daily with one fertigation...

SSgrower

SSgrower

I had plans for Sunday but maybe Friday or Saturday I'll pot them up, still no roots coming out the sides or bottom of jiffy pots. Thanks for stopping by Max. Great minds think alike.

Madmax

Madmax

I got those jiffy pots but went against using them thinking the roots wouldnt come through them easily and id say its because the pots not wet to soften them..since i up potted i have roots coming out of them already..maybe use a different alternative to get those roots growing out..

SSgrower

SSgrower

Seems what you are saying is prepare my pots with media, moisten and "drop" jiffy & all in the 3gal pot and go. Still waiting on Ph down & cal/mag supplement. I usually take the media out of the pot and dig a hole for the plant to go in the new up pot.

SSgrower

SSgrower

Day 27 in 3" jiffy pots, 1 hr. till I see if they laid down again or if my natural gas heater kept the cottage warm enough for my "Finicky" plants. I plan to up pot them today late or tomorrow for sure. I want the PH down to get my water ph down to 6.0-6.5 for the 1st. watering in and in the future. My water has been 7.9 Ph for the entire jiffy pot experience. These seedlings gave me a "Run for my money", I've barely kept them alive let alone happy, Lol. Not. Waiting for delivery from Hydrobuilder & Growace.

sportyridr

sportyridr

Day 27 in 3" jiffy pots, 1 hr. till I see if they laid down again or if my natural gas heater kept the cottage warm enough for my "Finicky" plants. I plan to up pot them today late or tomorrow for sure. I want the PH down to get my water ph down to 6.0-6.5 for the 1st. watering in and in the future. My water has been 7.9 Ph for the entire jiffy pot experience. These seedlings gave me a "Run for my money", I've barely kept them alive let alone happy, Lol. Not. Waiting for delivery from Hydrobuilder & Growace.
40 is pretty cold for little plants, will def slow things down.

Madmax

Madmax

Seems what you are saying is prepare my pots with media, moisten and "drop" jiffy & all in the 3gal pot and go. Still waiting on Ph down & cal/mag supplement. I usually take the media out of the pot and dig a hole for the plant to go in the new up pot.
Id actually like to see you try a pot instead of those jiffys.its preventing the roots from expanding....perhaps if they went into a pot say a week or 2 max after theu came up the jiffy would of softened.i just hyperthetically speaking...evertime im stoned i look at your avatar andvthink its a baby seal 😂

Top Bottom