Bagseed grow 1st. time in Coco & perlite

• Thread starter SSgrower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SSgrower

SSgrower

It's a Linux computer avatar I got sometime ago, yes I want to pot up and pull the plants out of the jiffy pots 1st. Just waiting on Ph down to get water better than 7.9 but, just go for it tonight and see? My friend uses rain water I've been using without Ph down. He's an older guy like me and get 1/4 lb. a grow or better when he wants to. He uses DynaGrow & cal/mag and his cannabis is smooth. Anyway I may pot up real soon for better or worst. 28 days tomorrow, surely I have enough roots established to pull them out & into the RootRoyale 3 gal. bags.

SSgrower

SSgrower

I had an address snafu with Viparspectra for three days, their phone mailbox was full so I Emailed them twice letting them know I agree to the re-addressing of my 450w reflector series LED to daisy chain with its twin. Chemicals are the only holdback so, today in the afternoon I'll "Up-Pot" into the Yield Labs 3 gal material bags w/RootRoyale and 7.7 R/O water to moisten the coir as I transplant these seedlings, as they say: Here goes Nothing.

SSgrower

SSgrower

Found some well-fitting metal stands for the 3 gal bags and am ready to pot up later today, which is my Birthday as well, Cheers! So, have a toke for my celebration of my 62nd birthday?

20210317 144433
20210319 060344 Burst01
SSgrower

SSgrower

I'd like some feedback & or instruction on compacting and watering my coco coir as I "Up-Pot" my 4 girls today. Anyone? Prep, or 1st. packing in preparation.

sportyridr

sportyridr

Happy Birthday to ya! 🎂🍻 Cheers...Have a Super Day!

There is no packing of media involved, just make sure there are no big air pockets. You have read Aqua's Coco Watering Guide. Don't overthink it, you got this.

Madmax

Madmax

I dont pack it but i do pat it down cause if you dont once you water it it will sink down..basically im similar to chem i fertigate the coir prior to up potting at the ppm you want to feed them with.i check runoff of fertigation .im abit anal with this lol..

Oh happy birthday man 🍻

JimmyCreedog

JimmyCreedog

Happy Birthday SS!!! I'll spark up some killer Chocolope for ya.

Fresh Coco has a bunch of salt in it right? If you rinse it real good right before transplant, you have less to worry about from compaction when you first feed.

Madmax

Madmax

Suprisingly most professional bagged coir is low on ec.they have rinsed and buffered it ready to go.the coir im using now has an ec of 500 which is near perfect to start with.when i start seedling i will rinse it down further to like 100ppm..

SSgrower

SSgrower

This Coco is CocoRoyale and certified also with cal/mag buffer. Hey Max I did it by squeezing the jiffy cups to let the soil pack come out whole, worked great. Thanks for the nudge, I gave nuted water to DTW one 1 plant. The rest got a good amount but did not drain to waist. Tell me more from here, I am awaiting ph down to help with water ph. Should be here tomorrow, Cheers!

20210320 160028
Madmax

Madmax

This Coco is CocoRoyale and certified also with cal/mag buffer. Hey Max I did it by squeezing the jiffy cups to let the soil pack come out whole, worked great. Thanks for the nudge, I gave nuted water to DTW one 1 plant. The rest got a good amount but did not drain to waist. Tell me more from here, I am awaiting ph down to help with water ph. Should be here tomorrow, Cheers!
Thats great bro..those roots can take off now...just need to get good runoff to keep your ppm runoff in check.

SSgrower

SSgrower

Chemistry, I burned that plant and the I see the left rear as the burned one, but you see something on the right in the back? They are awakening now and I'll DTW all four for sure today. Got to mix water 1 gal. w/nutes this morning. Thanks for the responses guys. Oh, I got to cut that bad leaf off today too.

SSgrower

SSgrower

Max I got the TDS/ppm meter/ec/temp HM digital COM-80 and am now doing Ph nute waterings @ 6.13 Ph today. Sitll waiting on the other light. Got Dyna Grow qt. today as well,busy,lol. Token too! Waiting on qt. cal/mag plus and Bloom nutrient.

Last edited:
SSgrower

SSgrower

Yesterday I just Ph'd the rain water down to 6.19 after adding 3ml. Oneness nutrient. Still waiting on the cal/mag & Bloom by General Nutrition both qt's. I'll checkout the PPM meter by HM today but at 1:00 I go get my 2nd. Mererna vaccine so the watering will be tricy to time today for 3 waterings if yet they need 3 waterings, as I am going to start "Hefty lifting" to tell when to water, more pic's later today, thank's for all the advise guys!

Madmax

Madmax

Max I got the TDS/ppm meter/ec/temp HM digital COM-80 and am now doing Ph nute waterings @ 6.13 Ph today. Sitll waiting on the other light. Got Dyna Grow qt. today as well,busy,lol. Token too! Waiting on qt. cal/mag plus and Bloom nutrient.
Now ya rockin..gotta have the tools of the trade 😃

SSgrower

SSgrower

4 Days into the 3 gal. bags and I did my 1st. draining of the 4 plants with my DryVac. Ph'd water to 6.0 and used the TDS meter to read 430 ppm with nutrients 3ml. per gal. TDS reading of dtw water read 1140 ppm. They are standing up but are "spindly" looking compared to most farmers here. Thank's for droppin by. Did remove 3 bad leaves at the node. I hope the proper Ph'd water will help until I get my Cal/Mag plus. Waiting for 2nd led today as well. Cheers!

20210320 160031
chemistry

chemistry

1140 ppm is making me sweat, the 430pp with nuits is fine for now at the size they are, are you sure it's 1140 out, seems a bit high? If so, then you need to feed more often, and with more than a gallon at a time to refresh your medium, and flush out the last feed, or you'll wind up with a build up.

SSgrower

SSgrower

Thanks Chemistry, yes I'll watch it and see what the drained is now that I have the proper Ph and TDS meter, still learning the EC readings instructions and this meter by HM digital, thanks for the advice, you guys are pullin me thru. Cheers!

Top Bottom