Ballin' On a Budget- THE RECIPE

• Thread starter BillFarthing
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Perrin6363

Perrin6363

Does anyone know what the difference between these 2 products would be? The bagged one is half the price. I've not used any nutes for root health yet. I've got some seedlings going and thought I'd help them out. Thanks for the advice and info you guys give.

Mycorrhizal Fungi Root Enhancer for Plants - Bigger, Stronger, Healthier Roots, Use In Soil and Hydroponics - Super 20X Concentrated Mycorrhizae Inoculant Strain - Trifecta Myco Supreme (57 Grams / 2 OZ) https://a.co/d/cgNSBTN

Great White PRPSGW01 Premium White Mycorrhizae, 1 oz, 1 Ounce https://a.co/d/i7iTItB

DoobieBro462

DoobieBro462

Does anyone know what the difference between these 2 products would be? The bagged one is half the price. I've not used any nutes for root health yet. I've got some seedlings going and thought I'd help them out. Thanks for the advice and info you guys give.

Mycorrhizal Fungi Root Enhancer for Plants - Bigger, Stronger, Healthier Roots, Use In Soil and Hydroponics - Super 20X Concentrated Mycorrhizae Inoculant Strain - Trifecta Myco Supreme (57 Grams / 2 OZ) https://a.co/d/cgNSBTN

Great White PRPSGW01 Premium White Mycorrhizae, 1 oz, 1 Ounce https://a.co/d/i7iTItB
I am no expert by any means but I would go with the one on top.

Perrin6363

Perrin6363

I believe part B is simply Calcium Nitrate 15-0-0. These must be mixed separately (starting with part A). I bought Calcium Nitrate instead of part B. That mixed with Epsom salt (Magnesium), and good Ol’ Mr. Fulvic - you’ll be spot on. Earlier in this thread someone posted the link to a video where they explain the mixing of these 2 parts.
Hi, I've been scanning through this thread for weeks. I haven't gotten farther than this. I looked every page back for that video but couldn't find it. I've got a very basic newbie question if you don't mind. Up above when you were talking about having to mix nutrients separately, what do you mean by that? When I feed, all the nutrients go into the water jug, then I water with that. I saw the Jacks 321 nutrient schedule. I can follow all that, but am I going to have to mix part A+B and everything else in a specific way? Like split my water and mix part A in half and part B in the other half? Thanks for reading.

Perrin6363

Perrin6363

Here's a quick summary of this thread.

Jack's 5-12-26 / CalNit / Epsom salt run at 3g/2g/1g per gallon will grow weed pretty damn good on it's own

The 321 measurement is 80% strength of Jack's recommended feed schedule of 3.78g/2.52g/1.2g per gallon

Is Jack's on it's own perfect? No but it's still really good and will take you to harvest. I've done it many of times.

Jack's 321 weakness (if you can call it that) is Calcium. You can run PureCal to increase your Calcium a bit. Full strength would be 3.8g/2.9g/1g (2.9g of Purcal Calnit instead of 2.5g when running Jack's CalNit). 80% would be 3g/2.3g/1g

The amount of Epsom salt is not set in stone, Jack's 5-12-26 already has quite a bit of Mg. Depending on your environment and lighting you may not need the entire 1g per gallon. In some situations, you may not even need the additional epsom at all, especially if running HPS. If running LED you can probably adjust the amount of epsom in between .5 and 1g per gallon depending on your environment.

When i ran Jack's I felt that my leaves were on the darker side of green. I always attributed this to there being too much N in my mix. Turns out, it was actually too much Mg. Again, this is environment dependent. Experiment a bit and find what works for you.

Not entirely necessary but you can add a K boost to your mix around week 3 through 6 of flower. Be careful, as you can over do this.. If you notice the tips of your leaves starting to burn or get a bit yellow, back off a bit. I'd get a few runs of 321 on it's own before adding stuff to the mix.

Last but not least, Fulvic acid.. Bill is correct, it's a great additive. The guy sells the stuff, so there's that.. That said, the addition of fulvic definitely helps with plant vigor and overall health. Completely optional but I'll always run it from here on out, it's a no brainer.
This was very helpful, thanks

pilto

pilto

Hi, I've been scanning through this thread for weeks. I haven't gotten farther than this. I looked every page back for that video but couldn't find it. I've got a very basic newbie question if you don't mind. Up above when you were talking about having to mix nutrients separately, what do you mean by that? When I feed, all the nutrients go into the water jug, then I water with that. I saw the Jacks 321 nutrient schedule. I can follow all that, but am I going to have to mix part A+B and everything else in a specific way? Like split my water and mix part A in half and part B in the other half? Thanks for reading.
Hey, the way I understand it is that the stuff needs to be added to the water in a particular order so that you avoid combining chemicals in a way that causes precipitates to form from the salts. At least, that is how I think I understand it. Basically, I start with the PowerSi, make sure that is mixed, then add the Jack's and Epson Salt, make sure that is well mixed, then I add the nitrate balls, make sure that is mixed, then add the fulvic at the end. I guess if you go in the wrong order, some of the stuff interacts. I use recharge as well for veg and usually add that at the end.

I also use a bloom booster for mid flower and usually add that before the CalNit.

DoobieBro462

DoobieBro462

I believe they are referring to the silica. That needs to go in first.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Hey, the way I understand it is that the stuff needs to be added to the water in a particular order so that you avoid combining chemicals in a way that causes precipitates to form from the salts. At least, that is how I think I understand it. Basically, I start with the PowerSi, make sure that is mixed, then add the Jack's and Epson Salt, make sure that is well mixed, then I add the nitrate balls, make sure that is mixed, then add the fulvic at the end. I guess if you go in the wrong order, some of the stuff interacts. I use recharge as well for veg and usually add that at the end.

I also use a bloom booster for mid flower and usually add that before the CalNit.
Check PH after silica and if its above 7 its a good idea to adjust PH down before you add the nutrients. I usually suggest 6.5 before adding your nutes but below 7 should be fine. It depends on the chelates used so just better safe than sorry

Perrin6363

Perrin6363

Is PowerSi going to be okay to use with the ff line up? I've been gathering stuff for this recipe, slowly. Really just Mr fulvic so far bc it seemed alright to use with all the ff nutrients I have left. But after looking more into PowerSi it seems like I could use that with them too. I see they have a small amount of NPK and that's what made me wonder if it would be too much with the ff feeding schedule. But the way I understood it it helps the plant take up other nutrients. And the PowerSi itself isn't the source of those nutrients. Anyone know if that's correct.

Baywe

Baywe

Hello folks. I was looking for fulvic acid products available in Canada and came across a Green Planet product and was wondering how it compares to Mr. Fulvic. I simply can't afford Mr. Fulvic atm but will purchase down the road. has anyone tried or heard of this product before?

Many thanks for the time and effort for putting this thread together.

Screenshot 2022 06 30 22042 PM
Baywe

Baywe

Hello folks. I was looking for fulvic acid products available in Canada and came across a Green Planet product and was wondering how it compares to Mr. Fulvic. I simply can't afford Mr. Fulvic atm but will purchase down the road. has anyone tried or heard of this product before?

Many thanks for the time and effort for putting this thread together.
NVM, Green planet is a cheap product. Gotta save up for MR FULVIC.

DoobieBro462

DoobieBro462

@Baywe How much is Mr Fulvic in Canada? It's only 19.99 in the states

Baywe

Baywe

@Baywe How much is Mr Fulvic in Canada? It's only 19.99 in the states
19.99 for how much?

$151.45 CAD for a GAL shipped to my door straight from Mr Fulvic. I hit em up via email just to see if their product is on the shelves in Canada and they said it'll take a while and that they are working on getting their product on Amazon. Quick reply and very helpful.

I went to their website and put in all my info about a week ago just to see the total amount, when i entered my address an additional charge popped up for $70 CAD for UPS delivery when it says right on the website that shipping and taxes were included in the $151.45. So i sent them an email about it and they said that it was incorrect and fixed it within the hour.

GREAT customer service.

Dr.Green55

Dr.Green55

19.99 for how much?

$151.45 CAD for a GAL shipped to my door straight from Mr Fulvic. I hit em up via email just to see if their product is on the shelves in Canada and they said it'll take a while and that they are working on getting their product on Amazon. Quick reply and very helpful.

I went to their website and put in all my info about a week ago just to see the total amount, when i entered my address an additional charge popped up for $70 CAD for UPS delivery when it says right on the website that shipping and taxes were included in the $151.45. So i sent them an email about it and they said that it was incorrect and fixed it within the hour.

GREAT customer service.
Yeah Its not cheapest for us to get up here, but due to its concentration, its very low dose so it lasts a long time, and I do personally believe that it has much more benefit then the cheap stuff.

DoobieBro462

DoobieBro462

NVM, Green planet is a cheap product. Gotta save up for MR FULVIC.

19.99 for how much?

GREAT customer service.
19.99 a gallon on Amazon.

Baywe

Baywe

Yeah Its not cheapest for us to get up here, but due to its concentration, its very low dose so it lasts a long time, and I do personally believe that it has much more benefit then the cheap stuff.
True. I like how they list all the stuff that’s in it on their website, at least you know you’re getting a quality product.

Top Bottom