Ballin' On a Budget- THE RECIPE

• Thread starter BillFarthing
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

markcannabinhumanoid

No I'd use Cytokinin-dominant kelp, for its Ca content as thats highest at flip and the extra Ca will help drive metabolism, Cytokinin will help with structure, lateral branching and reduce stretch.
In that case, I may try a kelp feeding once a week. Do you have any recommendations for kelp, or would recharge suffice?

Dr.Green55

Dr.Green55

In that case, I may try a kelp feeding once a week. Do you have any recommendations for kelp, or would recharge suffice?
Fulvic you can use start to finish , some guys use fulvic when they flush as well, kelp I use it maybe once during early veg, but really mostly I use it just before flip and during, once a week over 3 weeks, foliar or drench. I'd keep it simple your first run as bill and guys describe in this thread, jacks start to finish, if you want a booster in flower use the homemade hammer head, and then just fulvic and kelp, build yourself a baseline grow see how it goes.

M

markcannabinhumanoid

Fulvic you can use start to finish , some guys use fulvic when they flush as well, kelp I use it maybe once during early veg, but really mostly I use it just before flip and during, once a week over 3 weeks, foliar or drench. I'd keep it simple your first run as bill and guys describe in this thread, jacks start to finish, if you want a booster in flower use the homemade hammer head, and then just fulvic and kelp, build yourself a baseline grow see how it goes.
Sounds good man. I'll do that and also thinking of applying regular power si first 2 weeks of bloom and another 2 week with the bloom power si and stopping at the end of week 4. Will see how it goes. Thanks again.

Wbryan2549

Wbryan2549

I love fertilizer. I work with big grows down to friends that have a single 400w light. I recommend the same thing to each and every one of them. It is used start to finish, so there's no following confusing feed schedules. A buddy of mine started calling this "The Recipe" because it is cheap, simple and gives some amazing quality flower.

It consists of:
1) Silica- I always recommend soluble silica like PowerSi or Grow Genius. If you are in a pinch, you can use potassium silicate, but you have to keep an eye on the pH.
2) Jacks Classic Hydro, Calcium Nitrate and epsom salt- This is your base fertilizer. It is 3 grams Jack's, 2 grams calcium nitrate, 1 gram epsom salt per gallon
3) Fulvic Acid- This helps prevent pH problems and plant stress and gives organic taste and smell. There's lots of watered down additives out there, but I recommend Mr. Fulvic because it is a concentrate and has fulvic, amino and organic acids.

The quality and yields are phenomenal. Depending on what quantities you buy, it can be $0.06-$0.10/gallon.

View attachment 1129079
How much folic acid do you use and is it added to the other mix when watering
Thanks

gnubee

gnubee

How much folic acid do you use and is it added to the other mix when watering
Thanks

Observationist

Observationist

I’ve finally been able to get the hang of it lol. I’m loving this stuff!!!

Not to threadjack, Just a note if I may add, as this is the measurements that I’ve been using so far this run with success:
1/2 TSP Jacks 5-12-26
1/4 TSP epsom salt
1/2 TSP calcium nitrate

I’m going to start adding silica every so often for strength and I’ve also been adding Recharge 1 in 5-7 days.
per gallon?

same amount for 15-0 and 5-12-26?
1/2 and 1/2tsp?

Neuro

Neuro

If you plant ice, you're gonna harvest wind.
Peat_Phreak

Peat_Phreak

That's not what this article says. It says both timed applications and full grow have shown success and makes no case for one being better than the other except to note that timing is critical to limited applications. Note that they don't mention anything about when that timing is most effective.
The article says this: To arrive at the optimal usage for a plant species it will be necessary to carry out tests with single applications at different intervals, although single weekly applications are likely to be successful if a less involved approach is desired.

Once per week sounds like the whole grow to me. I'm using it twice a week on this grow. No problems. Many colas.

N1ghtL1ght

N1ghtL1ght

Staff
Supporter
I always assume that anybody that is 21 pages deep in a thread about nutrients has read the thread entirely before they bother to comment about something they haven't even made the barest attempts to understand. But that's just me.
You should be ashamed to talk like that in public

pilto

pilto

Oh, and I would like to say a hearty THANKS, BRO! again to the OP,
You should be ashamed to talk like that in public
I am. The pain is real. Sometimes I cross the street to avoid running into someone that might recognize me.

Neuro

Neuro

If you plant ice, you're gonna harvest wind.
Kelp is beneficial the whole grow BUT most cost effective and bang for buck to use during stretch.
That's what I do unless they're outside and dealing with heavy heat.

N1ghtL1ght

N1ghtL1ght

Staff
Supporter
Oh, and I would like to say a hearty THANKS, BRO! again to the OP,

I am. The pain is real. Sometimes I cross the street to avoid running into someone that might recognize me.
Does it actually hurt to be like that?

Just to recant, the question to which you replied to was:
per gallon?
because the referred quote
I’ve finally been able to get the hang of it lol. I’m loving this stuff!!!

Not to threadjack, Just a note if I may add, as this is the measurements that I’ve been using so far this run with success:
1/2 TSP Jacks 5-12-26
1/4 TSP epsom salt
1/2 TSP calcium nitrate

I’m going to start adding silica every so often for strength and I’ve also been adding Recharge 1 in 5-7 days.
only stated the amounts of salts used, but not the amount of water.

Your response:
The amount is supposed to be WEIGHT not VOLUME
So you measure your water by weight, not in liters, us gallons or eng gallons?

Listen, when somebody asks you a rhetorical question to give you a mild reminder you skrewed up an easy question you best answer in a polite and civil manner next time and spare the readers your boring drama!

pilto

pilto

Does it actually hurt to be like that?

Just to recant, the question to which you replied to was:

because the referred quote

only stated the amounts of salts used, but not the amount of water.

Your response:

So you measure your water by weight, not in liters, us gallons or eng gallons?

Listen, when somebody asks you a rhetorical question to give you a mild reminder you skrewed up an easy question you best answer in a polite and civil manner next time and spare the readers your boring drama
His and your questions are already answered in this thread. If you have any other questions that aren't in the thread, I would bet people would be more than happy to help. I was just trying to make sure nobody thought they should be measuring their nutrients by volume rather than weight.

If you have any other concerns, please let me know. I have been using this recipe for a while now and it is working great. I don't see why you quoted my message thanking Bill for the great information and called it drama. And my crack to you was a joke. Sorry if you missed it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom