Ballin' On a Budget- THE RECIPE

• Thread starter BillFarthing
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Baywe

Baywe

I looked on amazon. ca and the search comes back with TONS of different products BUT Mr Humic. lol

Ima just scoop Mr Fulvic when i'm ready.

DoobieBro462

DoobieBro462

@Baywe correction it is 19.99 for 8 oz
39.99 for a liter. So 70$ a gallon is about the same happy growing 😃

M

markcannabinhumanoid

I love fertilizer. I work with big grows down to friends that have a single 400w light. I recommend the same thing to each and every one of them. It is used start to finish, so there's no following confusing feed schedules. A buddy of mine started calling this "The Recipe" because it is cheap, simple and gives some amazing quality flower.

It consists of:
1) Silica- I always recommend soluble silica like PowerSi or Grow Genius. If you are in a pinch, you can use potassium silicate, but you have to keep an eye on the pH.
2) Jacks Classic Hydro, Calcium Nitrate and epsom salt- This is your base fertilizer. It is 3 grams Jack's, 2 grams calcium nitrate, 1 gram epsom salt per gallon
3) Fulvic Acid- This helps prevent pH problems and plant stress and gives organic taste and smell. There's lots of watered down additives out there, but I recommend Mr. Fulvic because it is a concentrate and has fulvic, amino and organic acids.

The quality and yields are phenomenal. Depending on what quantities you buy, it can be $0.06-$0.10/gallon.

View attachment 1129079
Hey man, I'd love to try this recipe. Can I know just a bit of info? How often do you flush in this schedule? And can you start it in veg? The dry nutrient is high in K but low in N, that's why I'm asking. As for the power Si, do you use that one a week, or every other watering. I water every other day in mother earth coco.

Anthem

Anthem

Hey man, I'd love to try this recipe. Can I know just a bit of info? How often do you flush in this schedule? And can you start it in veg? The dry nutrient is high in K but low in N, that's why I'm asking. As for the power Si, do you use that one a week, or every other watering. I water every other day in mother earth coco.
TBH all of the questions you are asking seem to be covered in the thread. The N of Jaoks being 5, is not the true amount of N in the recipe. Jacks is called Jacks 321 because that is the basic mixing amounts for the nutrient line up. 3 parts Jacks fert, 2 parts Calcium Nitrate (15 percent N) and 1 part Magnesium Sulfate.

Trustfall

Trustfall

Supporter
TBH all of the questions you are asking seem to be covered in the thread. The N of Jaoks being 5, is not the true amount of N in the recipe. Jacks is called Jacks 321 because that is the basic mixing amounts for the nutrient line up. 3 parts Jacks fert, 2 parts Calcium Nitrate (15 percent N) and 1 part Magnesium Sulfate.
Pm me dude your account won’t allow me to contact you lol

M

markcannabinhumanoid

Yup, you're right, I'm only caught up to page 7 and most of that was answered. Still need to know if fulvic and power si are use intermittently or not, and how often to flush.

M

markcannabinhumanoid

I never flush. Just make sure you are watering until you get 10% runoff and don't let your pots sit in their piss. I use the Si and Fulvic every watering.
Alright, thanks for the info. I water every other day and get a good amount of runoff (25-30%). I'm using mother earth 70/30, so my media isn't dry until 2 days later. I'm coming from an HGV schedule, where you flush literally end of every week. So it's gonna be nice not having to flush so often lol. But I guess flushing will have to be utilized if my runoff becomes too high in EC, and in order to bring it back down. You water at bills suggested 5.5 ph?

DoobieBro462

DoobieBro462

Alright, thanks for the info. I water every other day and get a good amount of runoff (25-30%). I'm using mother earth 70/30, so my media isn't dry until 2 days later. I'm coming from an HGV schedule, where you flush literally end of every week. So it's gonna be nice not having to flush so often lol. But I guess flushing will have to be utilized if my runoff becomes too high in EC, and in order to bring it back down. You water at bills suggested 5.5 ph?
I believe it is 5.6-5.8 ph

M

markcannabinhumanoid

@BillFarthing how do you feel about adding kelp?

I was planning a similar feed as you suggest, but I plan on adding kelp, great white beginning to end and Budswel during flower.

I'll be doing DWC and will also be adding enzymes. I am probably going to buy the enzyme powder from kelp4less.

Is PowerSi really that much better than even the silica powder that kelp4less sells?

Thoughts?
After looking over everything, all of those look great except for kelp. From what I gather, kelp can help induce stretching in early bloom and most of the time, you're trying your best to mitigate that. I personally am thinking of recharge every 2 weeks, regular feeding of mr. fulvic and power si in very small amounts, 0.4ml/g, along with the bloom booster in weeks 1-2, and the finish formula for the last 3 weeks. Although kelp is still suggested for veg and transition by most sources.

Dr.Green55

Dr.Green55

After looking over everything, all of those look great except for kelp. From what I gather, kelp can help induce stretching in early bloom and most of the time, you're trying your best to mitigate that. I personally am thinking of recharge every 2 weeks, regular feeding of mr. fulvic and power si in very small amounts, 0.4ml/g, along with the bloom booster in weeks 1-2, and the finish formula for the last 3 weeks. Although kelp is still suggested for veg and transition by most sources.
No I'd use Cytokinin-dominant kelp, for its Ca content as thats highest at flip and the extra Ca will help drive metabolism, Cytokinin will help with structure, lateral branching and reduce stretch.

Top Bottom