Ballin' On a Budget- THE RECIPE

• Thread starter BillFarthing
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I know that you really only want to use humic in soil, because it helps the microbes break down materials faster, but than look at Dirtbag, he swore by that darn pond water in hydro. But I do remember @BillFarthing saying this exactly somewhere. I would not go against anything he has to say!
That pond water I believe was rich in tannins and humic/fulvic acids. @Dirtbag you happen to know if it was ?

jguit

jguit

Supporter
Yes without question you will get the same benefit of foliar feeding Mr.Fulvic as to root drench.
I'm curious how this works, not that i'd ever want to foliar feed. hahaha

As a foliar, wouldn't you need to use something else in conjunction with fulvic (IPM, nutrients, etc)? I think i read it can help with heat stress as a foliar but i might be remembering wrong.

Dr.Green55

Dr.Green55

A couple reasons why guys foliar it is, if they have their nutes dialed in perfectly they don't want to add anything to change whats going on in the root zone, also if your running sterile you need to foliar Mr.fulvic, I know first hand commercial guys using Mr.fulvic ( folair spraying ) and measuring quantifiable difference

Anthem

Anthem

A couple reasons why guys foliar it is, if they have their nutes dialed in perfectly they don't want to add anything to change whats going on in the root zone, also if your running sterile you need to foliar Mr.fulvic, I know first hand commercial guys using Mr.fulvic ( folair spraying ) and measuring quantifiable difference
How far into flower will the spay?

Dr.Green55

Dr.Green55

I no of varying methods some stop after stretch some take it a bit longer, I can't say for sure if one is better then the other

Dr.Green55

Dr.Green55

Just for clarity, they're using fulvic as a foliar on it's own without any other additives?
Yes you can, but virtually every commercial guys has an IPM program and foliar's other stuff as well like kelp, Fulvic as a drench helps build root mass and ups nutrient absorbtion, as foliar it actually makes your IPM program be more effective, helps to create better overall growth and overall healthier plants, and it is also the quickest way to see results

Observationist

Observationist

Yes you can, but virtually every commercial guys has an IPM program and foliar's other stuff as well like kelp, Fulvic as a drench helps build root mass and ups nutrient absorbtion, as foliar it actually makes your IPM program be more effective, helps to create better overall growth and overall healthier plants, and it is also the quickest way to see results

Thanks for this

Observationist

Observationist

Does Jacks have micro's in the mix? if not PlantProd Chelated micros or Miller's, I like PlantProd myself
ooh jacks does indeed, i just thought that was the base fert at first, after looking closer

it has (Jacks Classic all purpose 20-20-20)

copper
boron
zinc
iron
molybdenum
maganese

Perrin6363

Perrin6363

I love fertilizer. I work with big grows down to friends that have a single 400w light. I recommend the same thing to each and every one of them. It is used start to finish, so there's no following confusing feed schedules. A buddy of mine started calling this "The Recipe" because it is cheap, simple and gives some amazing quality flower.

It consists of:
1) Silica- I always recommend soluble silica like PowerSi or Grow Genius. If you are in a pinch, you can use potassium silicate, but you have to keep an eye on the pH.
2) Jacks Classic Hydro, Calcium Nitrate and epsom salt- This is your base fertilizer. It is 3 grams Jack's, 2 grams calcium nitrate, 1 gram epsom salt per gallon
3) Fulvic Acid- This helps prevent pH problems and plant stress and gives organic taste and smell. There's lots of watered down additives out there, but I recommend Mr. Fulvic because it is a concentrate and has fulvic, amino and organic acids.

The quality and yields are phenomenal. Depending on what quantities you buy, it can be $0.06-$0.10/gallon.

View attachment 1129079
Thank you for posting this. There's a ton of good info in this thread. I've not even gone through half of it yet. I'm sorry if this has been asked somewhere further down, but can I use this recipe through veg and flower? I'm just now coming to the end of my first grow using ff soil and nutrients. It seemed the easiest recipe to follow. I've still got a few grows left with it but I'd like to start gathering the supplies as well as info I'll need to use this recipe. You've made it very simple to follow but I'd love to understand how all these different nutrients help. I won't trouble you with those questions, but any info you could give on the time frame for all the different nutrients would help a bunch. I think, from what I've gathered I would just use all of it the whole time I'm feeding. Thanks again for posting this.

Perrin6363

Perrin6363

I love fertilizer. I work with big grows down to friends that have a single 400w light. I recommend the same thing to each and every one of them. It is used start to finish, so there's no following confusing feed schedules. A buddy of mine started calling this "The Recipe" because it is cheap, simple and gives some amazing quality flower.

It consists of:
1) Silica- I always recommend soluble silica like PowerSi or Grow Genius. If you are in a pinch, you can use potassium silicate, but you have to keep an eye on the pH.
2) Jacks Classic Hydro, Calcium Nitrate and epsom salt- This is your base fertilizer. It is 3 grams Jack's, 2 grams calcium nitrate, 1 gram epsom salt per gallon
3) Fulvic Acid- This helps prevent pH problems and plant stress and gives organic taste and smell. There's lots of watered down additives out there, but I recommend Mr. Fulvic because it is a concentrate and has fulvic, amino and organic acids.

The quality and yields are phenomenal. Depending on what quantities you buy, it can be $0.06-$0.10/gallon.

View attachment 1129079
Is the only difference between PowerSi and potassium silicate that the pot sil will mess with your ph? Does PowerSi product better results?

Top Bottom