Banana OG (Sways Cut)

• Thread starter radical farmer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

radical farmer

Alright so I have been priviledged enough to obtain a pretty amazing Banana OG cut from Sway.

I got this cut with an already pretty good root system, vegged her out for only 1 more week, threw her into a 1 gal bag, and threw her into 12/12 SOG style.

I grow all organic. Super soils and compost teas.

Here she is at 16 days into flower. Already starting to get some light banana smells from her. The last pic is of the whole flower tent.

Banana og sways cut
Banana og sways cut 2
Banana og sways cut 3
Banana og sways cut 4
Banana og sways cut 5
S

Sway

for the record.

i got this cut from a good friend and amazing breeder/grower in texas. i brought some cuts with me to california over 4 years ago.. bout a year ago or so i vended a few cuts to a local club here so they could try it out, they turned around and mommed the cut and sold more cuts of it even though we had an agreement for flowers only.

ive grown 4 different "banana og" cuts since ive been in california and none of them matched this particular cut in potency, yield, and smell. she reeks of banana fuel and has a taste that lasts for hours.. really great potency as well.

i would give credit to the grower/breeder i got the cut from, but he remains anonymous and is not into the online thing.. if u want, call it the "Texas" cut.

heres a shot of it dry

DSC00417.JPG

R

radical farmer

Thanks for clearing that up Sway. From here on out I'll call it Texas Cut! haha.

revfunk

revfunk

Supporter
AMEN! Looks great!!!!! Send her my way and we'll have a 'midwest' chapter of the "texas cut" lmao

:evilgrin0031:

R

radical farmer

Thanks for lookin everyone and for the kind comments! Yeah, she is really turning out to be something special.
Just a couple days have gone by and she is already in full effect! Not to much resin production yet, but the buds are really coming in. I'll have some pics for everyone in a couple days when she puts some more weight on!

R

radical farmer

12/12 day 20

She is really taking off like crazy! Serious resin production is already starting to kick in, and her nugs are already pretty big. Last pic is a group shot of all my girls. Light hints of funky banana are starting to come through a little.

Heres the banana man for the Banana OG! :banana::banana:

000 0057
000 0051
000 0052
000 0053
000 0055
000 0056
000 0058
000 0061
jansjukebox

jansjukebox

very nice. I'm gonna tune in for this one! I'd love to grow some banna og right next to some grape ape...lol..that would be a funky smelling room!

F

Fred

Premium Member
Supporter
Nice score! Keep up the good work Rad.

R

radical farmer

Thanks for looking everyone and for the compliments!

So I took a cut of this banana OG when I first put it into flower. I took the cut a bout 2 1/2 weeks ago and they still haven't shown roots yet! Will it take longer since I took it from a clone already that hadn't really vegged at all? They are in rockwool cubes, so I can't really take it out to see if roots are forming yet, but I really want to know if this thing is gonna root or not! The clone still seems to be alive, but just no roots sticking through yet and I'm starting to get very impatient. What do you guys think?

B

bdawgburner

If it looks good I wouldnt worry, in the event that my clones arent taking root they always look wilted and just all around shitty. If it looks happy I'd say you are alright and the roots just havent poked through yet.

jansjukebox

jansjukebox

sometimes cutting can take a minute if you take them during flowering first it has to reverse the hormones, then grow roots. If they look ok then just be patient and it will pay. I'd have taken a cut of 10 of that also!

S

Strictly_Kush

Nice looking, its not the Banana OG I grew out... Didnt know there was different cuts of it to tell you the truth.. Yours has a lot more indica in it.. I grew a sativa dom Banana it took a long time to finish but those colas were bigger than my forearm... Thanks for posting this :)

C

cheesemonster

Damn that dry bud looks so tasty,man i swear i can smell that stuff from here in england.oh well just have to make do with my og uk only cheese cutting,every cloud and all that malarky

R

radical farmer

Thanks for looking everyone! She is really coming along great, big fat nugs, nice resin production coming on, great smell. I'll post pics tomorrow.

Now for the bad news... Looks like I've lost this cut (unless I go back to the club that I got it from, but probably not for a while since its pretty far away). I've grown very impatient of my cuts that I took, so I started to peel open the rockwool cubes to see what was going on in there. Both Banana OG cuts that I took were pretty rotten-stemmed. Didn't make it, its been almost 3 weeks since I took the first one, and about 2 since the second. I also lost 2 AlienDog clones, but 3 of those clones made it. I know the reason was because the temps weren't right in my clone dome. I just got a heat mat for the thing today, still trying to dial my set up in. So, unfortunatly, what I get from this harvest from the banana OG is about all I'm gonna be getting from her for a while, since I don't have any more cuts of her, and she is waaay to far into flower for me to want to take another cut.;(;(

M

Malachi

You can always try to reveg her bro after she finishes up for you. If you like the cut its definately worth a shot. Sorry to hear about your loss though.

Latest posts

Top Bottom