Banana Split OG & Lizard King OG

• Thread starter baba G
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
Spaced your request...

I got your p.m. baba G. No problem mate. I'll see what I can contribute to the project in time. Thank you for the nice message.(I can't p.m. yet.)

If you have the time though could you answer a question since you did not have time for any root and trunk shots.

The gear your working with do you top them? Do they tend to grow like a Chronic pheno?

I apologize for not throwing up some root/trunk shots, I'm updating tonight and I'll try to get you a trunk shot, the roots aren't that exciting, very colored and brown and on certain varieties stay in the cube mainly and it's hard to lift the cube to get a shot of the bottom with the trellis n such.
But I'll get you a trunk shot to compare to a cola shot on same plant.
The trunks are fairly skinny tho for fatty nugs, I've noticed it's strain dependent a lot of the time, the ole axiom that if it's a wide base(trunk) it will hold huge fruit gets knocked out of the park when you start messing with OG hybrids, the OG base is pinner and the branches are ridiculously skinny but hold rock hard dense indy nugs!! But it is true a lot of the time that the fattest trunk will hold biggest nugs as it has room to act like a superhighway for xylem/phloem flow.

As far as topping, I pretty much top everything if I'm going with a 10-14 day veg period; if I'm only vegging for 5-10days I won't top as it takes time for the plant to restructure and depending on the genetics isn't good to top right before flower transition occurs. When I top I typically leave 4-7 branches depending on the kind and I super crop all main branches! When I don't top I super crop it hard and I end up supercropping all main branches and many secondary branches that are in the main canopy.
I def didn't listen to Soma in his book when he mentions only do one bend on a plant and give it a week to heal...would take a month or longer to do the supercropping with his methodology.
Instead I bend the hell out of all main branches(4-7) of em and by the next day the plant is thriving so hard and bulking up and throwing it down! Only takes a day or two and that plant is totally normal and processing more fluid flow as a result, and the hormonal shift it produces account for those beautiful top buds being more plentiful, bigger, and denser.

I have actually only grown One pheno of Chronic and it was very central bud dominant and fairly short on transition jump...I'd say that none of these varieties grow anything like that except for the D King is closer to that structure. But anything OG is gonna be branchy, longer internodes and such, but it's amazing the nugs OG produces with these "blade of grass thick branches"! Hope that helps

baba G

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
p.s. I want to warn anyone doing supercropping with OG, if your not familiar with it be careful, most likely your break the branch right off. Before supercropping OG, I find if you treat them like a mother plant before cuttings, basically flush it a bit and bend carefully. Or for the easy way to supercrop OG, bend down way lower than right below the top and those couple nugs under top. Bend down like 10-12" from top and it won't snap on you, being its more woody down there. Not sure if it'll help anyone, but depending on your OG plants bending them can be tough...

baba G

Venom818

Venom818

personally ive always been more of a fan of tying/LST over supercropping the ogs

Great looking og's bro. Definitely look like the kill. Got some real og dominance in those phenos

what are you pulling per plant bro with your lst?

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
I agree lst makes a super efficient use of the canopy and provides many bud sites, but I think that's where I come in with my laziness. I like to supercrop extensively then just green clean the bottoms a couple times or so, BUT I do gotta say the OG is a lanky gal most the time and LST would be best way to stop that for sure!

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
How long do you veg your OG plants spicoli? I've never topped my OG more than once, just seems like she would be even more unable to hold herself up... Stuff grows like a trellising rose vine, it's such a crazy genetic cultivar!

devilrays

devilrays

"OG base is pinner and the branches are ridiculously skinny but hold rock hard dense indy nugs!!"

^^^^
oh so true!

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
i had 2 medium sized plants pull 2 1/2 oz each. I had a large plant that pulled 3 1/2. It would have gotten 4+ but it got taken down about 10 days early

LST is the only way to grow og IMO... That or lots and lots of topping

I'm thinking it depends on how many plants a light for sure when it comes to multiple toppings, for my situation if I were to pinch em a couple more times they would prob be too branchy and interfer with their neighboring plants. I'm doing twenty a light tho, so we prob have different parameters...On a diff note a qp of OG per plant is very nice! I get around 1.5oz per OG it seems, but with OG hybrids this throws even more variables in...lol

Been a long time since I've seen fast time tho...might have to fire it up tonight!

baba G

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
Some Lizard King OG day 51, blurry or not here I come!!

IMG_05713.JPG
IMG_05752.JPG
IMG_05763.JPG
IMG_05774.JPG
IMG_06092.JPG
IMG_06104.JPG
IMG_06122.JPG
IMG_06133.JPG
IMG_06192.JPG

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
Banana Split OG, fuzzy or not here....LOL!

IMG_05991.JPG
IMG_06033.JPG
IMG_06044.JPG
IMG_06063.JPG
IMG_06073.JPG
IMG_06083.JPG
IMG_06141.JPG
IMG_06172.JPG
IMG_06183.JPG
IMG_06262.JPG

S

sfzoo

there has been a million times that i've photographed a beautiful flower and thought that the resulting photo did NO justice..

..w/ due respect, i'd say that these photos probably do NO justice to what you're really workin with

edit: hope that doesn't sound douchy....

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
there has been a million times that i've photographed a beautiful flower and thought that the resulting photo did NO justice..

..w/ due respect, i'd say that these photos probably do NO justice to what you're really workin with

edit: hope that doesn't sound douchy....

Sounds super douchy dude...lmao, I'm joking!
I agree those pics aren't the greatest, I'm thinking the lighting might have something to do with it and camera settings, and my shakeyness...lol
I think the Jack Herer pics I took & posted last night are way better(thinking the light), and the Lizard King OG on the page before this I feel look a bit more representative.

But, I wholeheartedly agree sfzoo, I need another light source or as I pick some tops I think I'm gonna take em in a diff room and go for some diff conditions for pics.

Yeah, they do look more mouthwatering in person, the smells are flooding the room, just for the record Phresh filter is cool but after a year I can straight up smell the flowers the last 2-3 weeks coming right outta the exhaust, granted that's like inches from the exhaust and several feet away from there it's barely noticeable but I'm thinking I need to rinse and dry my filter out good this next break...

baba G

Venom818

Venom818

How long do you veg your OG plants spicoli? I've never topped my OG more than once, just seems like she would be even more unable to hold herself up... Stuff grows like a trellising rose vine, it's such a crazy genetic cultivar!

last run i got 150 grams of my tahoe i top once then lst then supercrop the fuck out of them pulled 2lb 4 ounces 40 day veg in a 4x4 tent

I'm thinking it depends on how many plants a light for sure when it comes to multiple toppings, for my situation if I were to pinch em a couple more times they would prob be too branchy and interfer with their neighboring plants. I'm doing twenty a light tho, so we prob have different parameters...On a diff note a qp of OG per plant is very nice! I get around 1.5oz per OG it seems, but with OG hybrids this throws even more variables in...lol

Been a long time since I've seen fast time tho...might have to fire it up tonight!

baba G

i do 9 plants with og in a 4x4 and can get 2lb no problem think this run might get more than 2lb 4 ounces will see these things are monsters this run wish i had my camera

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
Nice Venom!! For years when I did soil I was into 9plants a light, just have to veg a tad more than the number a light I'm doing now. That is some nice yields there too Venom! 2 or 2+ a light is where it's at! How long do you veg for Venom?

HeLLMuTT

HeLLMuTT

Thinks of Stinks
Supporter
One word... Grubalicious!

Beautiful stuff baba G.

A

AliasAO

Coming along very nicely.. How long did you VEG the ladies Baba G?

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
All those ladies were vegged for only 10 days, but there were well rooted under T5's for atleast a week before being put into the Hugos. I only should have vegged em for 7 days...but OG seems like it gets the growth spurts of spurts when it transitions, and I feed em mellow the first transition week to slow em.

Latest posts

Top Bottom