Bannana Smack...Over unity!

• Thread starter homebrew420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
homebrew420

homebrew420

Jaws great minds think alike. All my ladies are going to get some from those studs! XXX, Pre-98, nl#5, E-32, Grape Ape, Magic Merlin, The Truth, Accidental Magic, Somango, Chem SourD, Lemon Skunk, Chemdog 91, Humboldt Express, and probably a load more. Merlin Studs going to be busy as well..hehehe

Thanks again to BG, man I really can't thank you enough. We are all so very excited about these. There where a total of 6 females, one set of twins. The 2 males I feel were so different they had to be used. The Cheese funk aroma on the stems of so many gives me high hopes. 2 more females will be placed into flower in the coming weeks. Such wonderful MANAGEABLE structure as well.

Billygoat

Billygoat

Hey HB,

glad to see things are doing really well. Nice to know you got some nice plants. The Banana Smack is a good one. I just need to rework it some and I think it will be spot on. Glad to see your like this one. You will get a good yield on the bushy ones. They tend to fill in really nice.

Can't wait to see them once they start to fill in. Good luck with the seeds. It's always fun, mixing and matching. Let' me know if you need anything. Thanks again for the support. Glad your happy. Thanks for sharing.
Take care,
BG

JAWS

JAWS

hey BREW:hi
great stable you got my friend, would be interrested any all of of those HYBRIDS....sooooo get to work my friend..
HAHA:icon_animal26:

B

Bacchus

As for the Alibi Dr. Jay did. Here's the funny thing and not many know this. Those seeds came from Texas Kid. Dr Jay got seeds from Texas Kid and reworked them. Dr.Jay was really happy with those.BG

Awesome thread.

Just want to clarify a little history here. The alibi seeds were renamed from the orginal Texas Mystic cross. Mrs J, did not like the name Texas(Bush era) and so they renamed it. Dr. J liked the cross a lot and ran it a few times outdoors. The orginal Texas Mystic was a cross made by Lonestar from an Alaskan Trainwreck(Junea) X SW#3. I sent Dr.J some seeds to see how they would stack up against his N.Cal favorite Trainwreck. He back-crossed her at least once.

Billygoat

Billygoat

Awesome thread.

Just want to clarify a little history here. The alibi seeds were renamed from the orginal Texas Mystic cross. Mrs J, did not like the name Texas(Bush era) and so they renamed it. Dr. J liked the cross a lot and ran it a few times outdoors. The orginal Texas Mystic was a cross made by Lonestar from an Alaskan Trainwreck(Junea) X SW#3. I sent Dr.J some seeds to see how they would stack up against his N.Cal favorite Trainwreck. He back-crossed her at least once.

Thanks for the 411. It's been a while and my memories get a little muddy, but thanks for filling me and others in. I really miss Dr. J. He was a very nice guy.
Take care,
BG

homebrew420

homebrew420

The other largest 2 females went into flower today. Will take picts tomorrow post them up. In flower we use PBP and give just a little boost with bloom booster. Cant wait.

Peace

Billygoat

Billygoat

The other largest 2 females went into flower today. Will take picts tomorrow post them up. In flower we use PBP and give just a little boost with bloom booster. Cant wait.

Peace

Sweet! Can't wait to see this round. Good luck and hope all goes well. Don't let that Banana, smack you. :)
Take care,
BG

JAWS

JAWS

hello BREW:hi
yes indeed brother stoked over here to see you going into FLOWER mine never made it that HAHAH well not as girls anyways, love to see some pics in a week or two...
excellent:hi

homebrew420

homebrew420

Update

I have been very busy...and I keep forgetting my camera. These things are truly impressive. large open and strong plants. Not to tall, not short, averaging 2.75" internode spacing. They are all over 4 feet tall and bent under a net. The #1 is a keeper for sure. The sweetness that is coming off the #1 is epic! The smell off the #5 is interesting. There is a foody, savory, and then a sharpness that reminds me of some chem hybrids. The problem is they are showing male flowers within the calyxes. Can't have that. Reverse was used. Large flowers with an abundance of gland production.
There are now 2 other females in flower as well. Both are very sweet. We still struggle with pythium in DWC and I believe on to be very sensitive causing stamens to be produced. Another run will determine this to be true or not. Very similar in growth but different flower structure. we sprayed the plants showing stamens with Reverse to stop any further male flowers. We will most likely keep one but seed ALL with both males individually. I will post picts tomorrow when I take them.
Billy Goat you have not let me down with any of these seeds. in fact they are far better than I could have imagined. so thank you again.

Picts tomorrow afternoon

Peace

HB

Billygoat

Billygoat

I have been very busy...and I keep forgetting my camera. These things are truly impressive. large open and strong plants. Not to tall, not short, averaging 2.75" internode spacing. They are all over 4 feet tall and bent under a net. The #1 is a keeper for sure. The sweetness that is coming off the #1 is epic! The smell off the #5 is interesting. There is a foody, savory, and then a sharpness that reminds me of some chem hybrids. The problem is they are showing male flowers within the calyxes. Can't have that. Reverse was used. Large flowers with an abundance of gland production.
There are now 2 other females in flower as well. Both are very sweet. We still struggle with pythium in DWC and I believe on to be very sensitive causing stamens to be produced. Another run will determine this to be true or not. Very similar in growth but different flower structure. we sprayed the plants showing stamens with Reverse to stop any further male flowers. We will most likely keep one but seed ALL with both males individually. I will post picts tomorrow when I take them.
Billy Goat you have not let me down with any of these seeds. in fact they are far better than I could have imagined. so thank you again.

Picts tomorrow afternoon

Peace

HB

Glad to hear things are going well. So, you have two that are producing male flowers? I have to look at that when I run some seeds myself. Not seen that with the mother, but if there is a problem. I want to know about it. Glad to hear you got some pheno's you like. Looking forward to the pictures.

This cross still has some work to be done, but she's a nice one. Curious as to this male flower forming. Any stress issues? I'll run some seeds in the spring and give a look myself. Still, need to do an BX and look at those seeds.

Thanks for sharing the info and looking forward to the pictures. Glad you like these and thanks for the support.
Take care,
BG

homebrew420

homebrew420

Update with picts!

Ok so I am not one for getting on htis dumb computer, ours
sucks, and doing a whole bunch of work. With all this growing who has time?

This strain is impressive to say the least. They all seem to have a very sweet aroma, one was kind of foody, or savory and sweet. The photos are of the keepers, one for sure and the other may also make the cut. End product will determine this.

So we still have 2 females to flower out had 4 in flower. Unfortunately had to cut and remove the "savory phuno as the male flowers were too abundant. They were fertile stamens, and could not risk the possible loss of an entire room of Banana Kush. Yous can see some of it in the background there. There will be a smoke report will be given to the "savory" when it is finished drying. What was really lame is the fact she had a week to get flushed, so it may be a bit on the harsh side. We will see
The picts on the left are one plant while the other on the right there is the other candidate for keeper pheno. Both are heavy with amazing gland production

PC200072
PC200048
PC200066
homebrew420

homebrew420

Some Males

Here are the 2 males that were chosen. with my hand in the pic is the tall open structure, very pungent cheese funk.
The other is the "Bush Boy" similar smell but truly one of the most stout and branched plant I have ever seen. I will use hime like the piece of meet he is. Dusting Chem Sour D, Chem valley Kush, our Lost Dawg(unknown Chem cross that is dank as anything), and anything else that is unruly. They are both in the LED test room, 4 different unique spectrum formulations in a sq foot plot.

Enjoy.

PC200049
PC200051
PC200059
Billygoat

Billygoat

Glad to see these are doing very well. Good luck with the pollen. I know I need to get these going some time soon. Got to do a BX to the mother. This girl is a great one, but your seeing that now. Thanks for sharing your grow with us. Good luck with the rest of it.
Take care,
BG

homebrew420

homebrew420

Pollen was saved in the freezer, males cut. We currently have 3 females we are running againto choose a final winner. This is a very potent strain. Not heavy in the flavor dept. Subtle and interesting. I will say that we only had 2 females that flowered without intersex traits. Out of the 2 only one that made it to finish, the other was admittedly my fault, too small of net pot, poor gal suffocated. There will be F2s made of the keeper and both males. Impressive plants over all. Vigorous and open allowing maximum light penetration into the canopy.
Again BG nice one. Only real issue would be the high number of "females" that dropped pollen. But worth the grow for sure. Will post picts of all 3 of these girls as they progress.

Peace

Billygoat

Billygoat

Hey HB,

thanks for the update and can't wait to see some pictures. Glad to hear things worked out for you and thanks a bunch for your help and info. Your the first with the pollen issues with some of the females, but thank you for letting me know about it. I've still have my personal stash of these seeds and when I start feeling better. I'll be popping these and seeing what I get with the bunch I grow.

I'll also be going over your thread and taking notes from this thread and comparing them with mine. Just the way you grew them and all. Thanks again for your support and thread. Glad you liked the smoke. It's different and it nice to have something different. Looks like I need to maybe work this one a little bit. Might have to back cross to the mother and see how that adjust this one.

Thanks again and thanks to let me know about issues. I'm most likely to only one that makes seeds. That will openly talk about problems and not slam the grower for light leaks or what ever.
Thanks,
BG

homebrew420

homebrew420

Bg like AI saud these plants could not have shown a more true F1 hybrid vigor. Plants were all very uniform, the flower structure the same. Smells, flavors and potency varied. Besides the intersex issues. This is a very worthwhile variety. I still have a one female left to be flowered and one that needs to be finished. We have been very happy with the results thus far and did manage to make a few crosses with the pollen. Saved some from both males, extreme opposites of structure. They also share the same cheesy scent on the stems, the was cosmopolitan. We are not done with this one and I will post any and all info, especially extremes.
BG, pH in the RDWC was always between 5.7-6.2 temps in the rooms 65-82 and humidity of 34-66%. There was no sign of root rot or any real stress these girls ever dealt with. Regular spray rotations once or twice a week of Neem, azamax, or pyganic. We struggled with these plants showing male flowers, we figured it had to be genetic. the plants on either side showed no sign of stress.
Please feel free to ask anything. Will do my best to accommodate. Any parameters not listed I may know just not included. Thanks for stopping
More pics comming

Billygoat

Billygoat

Glad you liked them. They still need some work I think! I need to grow out some seeds myself and give them a look. Glad you did well with them and they turned out well. Thanks again for the info and pictures. It will help me figure out what I'm going to do with this one. If I should leave it at a F1 or maybe do a back cross. Thanks again for all your hard work. Hope you and your people enjoyed.
Take care,
BG

Latest posts

Top Bottom