Basement lab

• Thread starter Greenjourneyman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Greenjourneyman

Greenjourneyman

Hey @lenhug and welcome @Captspaulding,
Nearing day 30, and plants are going really well, but you can start to see the cold issues with November gardening; Ill have to hook up the heater soon. I did another session of bending yesterday. They are doing an awesome job bouncing back quick and growing for the light after being bent down. Under branches are starting to develop and also reach. So far so good.

@lenhug those seedlings are doing great. You‘ll want to get them transplanted soon before they get any more leggy. make sure you bury those long stem legs when you transplant into your next housing. I would recommend another vessel before the 5 gallon bucket, I use the 3x3 garden pots, I’ve seen other people use cut bottoms of 2 liter soda bottles etc. I know it’s more work and the extra transplant, but Can be worth it. I see people having really hard watering issues with small ass plant giant bucket.

@Captspaulding thanks for stopping through. It’s taken a few years but I have definitely got a grow room and proper methodology down. If you go back in my thread you can see the learning mistakes.

be well and grow on,
🌲🧚⚡🔬

IMG 0602
IMG 0603
IMG 0604
lenhug

lenhug

Thanks man. I had to just go for it (I know, I know) as had no more soil to transplant them to...lol! Will plan for it better next grow. Fingers crossed...

Yours ar e looking fantatsic. 👌

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

What’s the matter? Don’t like clowns? 🤡
Supporter
Hey buddy, nice setup you have there. I too have eyes bigger than my stomach a lot of the time. Tuned in. Love it! Keep us posted! 👊🏻

Greenjourneyman

Greenjourneyman

Really starting to get the strong lower branch development. They are poking up and will be full colas or clones in their own right.
still lots of bright green healthy growth. Pro tip: you can ignore the first few leaves that discolor and fall off its the plant sheading internal toxics.
though I do have a bit of a cal mag issue will add some to next watering, you can see the little bit of very light yellow green on the edges of some leaves.
be calm and grow on!
🌲🧚🧬🔬

IMG 0608
IMG 0610
IMG 0609
IMG 0611
NickSkyland

NickSkyland

Cloning is really cool. Thanks for sharing all your triumphs and failures with us, it really is kind of you. Following 😀

Greenjourneyman

Greenjourneyman

Happy thanksgiving Ya’ll
hope everyone is able to feast and enjoy the company of family and loved ones.
Im just under 40 days with these little ones right now. They are starting to show signs that they need new homes. Bit of root poking out the bottom. I won’t have Time until this weekend at the earliest, but I may let it ride another week.
I had to defoliate some of the fan leaves to get more light at the stems and under branches, but it as paid off as I am starting to get the multi head hydra happening for many of the plants. Unfortunately the desired result happens only when we torture the plants.
be well and grow on.

🌲🧬🧚🔬

IMG 0612
IMG 0614
IMG 0615
IMG 0613
Greenjourneyman

Greenjourneyman

Ahh yes,
the last picture is a plant I’m trying the main line thing with. I gave it the bit Chop and I’ll train the branches from here.

lenhug

lenhug

Looking pretty great I have to say.

I've had some, shall we say, adventures in the last week with chopping the outdoor grow finally and the new tent setup and trying to dial it in. Will update my threads... 😬😄

Last edited:
Greenjourneyman

Greenjourneyman

Hey Y’all
happy Friday.
they are nearing 50 days. my plan to get a jump on the lower branch growth a total success, most of the plants are already pushing 4-6 tops. Sea monster krakens here we come.
I was hoping to keep them in the 3x3 pots until day 60 but for the 4th picture you can see they are running out of food. Some hunger nitrogen deficiency just beginning and of course the cal/mag pale yellow halo on the edges of some leaves.

Pro Tip: I know a lot of you like perfect prestine plants throughout the entire grow. Sometimes that just not going to happen. You can’t obsess over small issues; especially across many strains. Let the plants tell you what’s wrong then make concrete steps to fix.

I‘ll put in the work this weekend to transplant them into 2 liter baggies. You can see some roots stating to poke out the bottom of the pots another good indicator bigger homes are in order. there will be a huge difference once they have more room and soil / food to work with.
be well and grow on,

🌲🧬🧚🔬

IMG 0618
IMG 0619
IMG 0622
IMG 0623
IMG 0621
bluecollar8

bluecollar8

Hey Y’all
happy Friday.
they are nearing 50 days. my plan to get a jump on the lower branch growth a total success, most of the plants are already pushing 4-6 tops. Sea monster krakens here we come.
I was hoping to keep them in the 3x3 pots until day 60 but for the 4th picture you can see they are running out of food. Some hunger nitrogen deficiency just beginning and of course the cal/mag pale yellow halo on the edges of some leaves.

Pro Tip: I know a lot of you like perfect prestine plants throughout the entire grow. Sometimes that just not going to happen. You can’t obsess over small issues; especially across many strains. Let the plants tell you what’s wrong then make concrete steps to fix.

I‘ll put in the work this weekend to transplant them into 2 liter baggies. You can see some roots stating to poke out the bottom of the pots another good indicator bigger homes are in order. there will be a huge difference once they have more room and soil / food to work with.
be well and grow on,

🌲🧬🧚🔬
Your fim guy looks just like my fim guy

Greenjourneyman

Greenjourneyman

Today is the eve of day 50.
transplant occurred on Saturday, they were not too happy afterward. Is always the case for a day or two. They’ve bounced back at this point. (I’ll give a current shot for day 50 tomorrow.
Using. Coco-loco and happy frog dirt in a 1:1 ratio mix, then it’s 1 cup of kelp, 2/3 cup topical HP green bag vegg fertilizer and 1/3 cup blood meal per six gallons of dirt. (Took two dirt mixes for all of the plants).

Pro Tip: learn to let go. I had ten little piggies of plants that will not fit in the tent. Some good genetics too (Mz Jillz cross, Afghani, golden nugget, San Fernando Kush). But don’t stuff a tent for diversity at the expense of plant health. make sure what you have will fit and not create too much foliage over lap, as that is recipe for mold.

The last picture are the outcasts. They’re free to a good home, and I have most of them placed (no inquires please). It’s better a friends tent than the compost heap. But remember the Pro Tip of the day. If necessary to the trash bin with them.
BWGO

🌲🧬🧚🌱

IMG 0624
IMG 0625
IMG 0628
IMG 0629
IMG 0626
lenhug

lenhug

That is a lot plants. How many do you have now in what size pots and tents?

I topped mine up today with some soil and gave them a good watering. They are currently sitting outside in 75'+ temps. It's the first week of Dec ffs!? 🤣

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

What’s the matter? Don’t like clowns? 🤡
Supporter
That is a lot plants. How many do you have now in what size pots and tents?

I topped mine up today with some soil and gave them a good watering. They are currently sitting outside in 75'+ temps. It's the first week of Dec ffs!? 🤣
It was the same where I’m at. Yesterday was beautiful…..Texas coast………

IMG 0582
Greenjourneyman

Greenjourneyman

Day 5o.
plants have bounced back really nicely after the transplants. Yeah I forgot to mention. They all went from 3x3 garden starter pots to 2 liter plastic bags. I know they’re not the greenest, I generally use 2 gallon washable fiber pots. But I can fit 21 of the plastic bags in my 2x4 veg tent whereas only 16 tops of the larger. I needed an in between size of bag.

Pro Tip: it’s annoying and more work. But when using soil have a few transplants as the plant grows. They like bigger homes.

Hope everyones week is off to s good start.
BWGO

🌱🌲🧬🐈

IMG 0632
IMG 0631
Greenjourneyman

Greenjourneyman

ps.
First time working on a mainlining a plant. Thought Id give it a whirl. Those of you who routinely do the ultimate torture let me know if I’m cocking it all up.

IMG 0633
IMG 0634
Greenjourneyman

Greenjourneyman

Mainline plant kind of looking like it should?
I think I have to defoliate more of it. I notice it is growing a whole lot slower than the other plants around it.
day 57 everyone has been growing really well. We have a lot of lush and happy leaves. Used a little Eason salt op for the first time with water this past week, and it Looks like the plants approve. I’ve seen people dining its praises so I figured I’d give it a try.
Pro tip: these a lot of misinformation out there, try something out, but remember the old adage about fooling me more than once.
Have a great week

🏕🧬🐈⚡

IMG 0638
IMG 0639
IMG 0636
IMG 0637
Greenjourneyman

Greenjourneyman

Looking for some advice on the mainline plant. I’m starting to get the right structure. But the tent is too crowded and not fully growing evenly. Not sure if there is a fix. You know too many plants is a good problem to have. Though I will be giving away a few more to local growers round here.
Any thoughts on the mainline? Those of tou who use chop Sticks or dowels for training is it time for that?

the rest of the plants are just loving life in the tent. Very lush, very green, very happy. basically just waiting for mature alternating leaf / branch production then it’s time to clone! Looking at maybe mid January and I’ll do the cloning clinic pictures.
have a great weekend!

🌞🧬🌱🔬

IMG 0641
IMG 0643
IMG 0642
Top Bottom