Basement lab

• Thread starter Greenjourneyman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Greenjourneyman

Greenjourneyman

Day 66.
really good news guys. We are finally seeing the alternating growth pattern on a few tops. this Is great as it shows us that they are reaching maturity. We can safely start to clone or bloom.

Pro tip: trying to bloom or clone before alternating leaf growth will result in substandard results.

plants are looking really healthy in general. I think the epson salts in every other watering has only helped the situation. Green lush growth, massive fan leaves and multiple tops on each plant. Really the only problem is space. I only have the 2x4 for vegging. I may have to move over to the 4x4 bloom tent a little early.

the mainline experiment continues. I’m thinking that I need to defoliate a little more. But would like confirmation on that?!?! I’m really happy to see the secondary branching has started and looks like solid growth. I am concerned that it is growing vastly slower than the other plants in the tent. making a serious height difference issue.
be well all and keep growing!

🏕🔬🧚🧬

IMG 0644
IMG 0646
IMG 0645
Otto Bonn

Otto Bonn

Day 66.
really good news guys. We are finally seeing the alternating growth pattern on a few tops. this Is great as it shows us that they are reaching maturity. We can safely start to clone or bloom.

Pro tip: trying to bloom or clone before alternating leaf growth will result in substandard results.

plants are looking really healthy in general. I think the epson salts in every other watering has only helped the situation. Green lush growth, massive fan leaves and multiple tops on each plant. Really the only problem is space. I only have the 2x4 for vegging. I may have to move over to the 4x4 bloom tent a little early.

the mainline experiment continues. I’m thinking that I need to defoliate a little more. But would like confirmation on that?!?! I’m really happy to see the secondary branching has started and looks like solid growth. I am concerned that it is growing vastly slower than the other plants in the tent. making a serious height difference issue.
be well all and keep growing!

🏕🔬🧚🧬
looks great, explosive growth since last post. @JKash is the man when it comes to the mainline. I've got seedlings started I'm going to mainline but I have no experience. looks fun

Greenjourneyman

Greenjourneyman

just home from a 5 day Christmas vacation. There was a bit of a flood and lip leaking issue. The tents collect condensation of course from plant transpiration. Normally I just wipe the sides of the tent with a towel once a day or so. But it really pooled without me there to check it. Mopped up and no more problem.

Pro Tip: make sure all electrical wires run at the top of your tent or off the ground, you never know when water will be present. You don’t want a house fire! 🪢🌊🔥

mess aside plants are killing it. Glad I raised the light, must have grown at least 4-5 inches while I was gone, unfortunately the mainline plant was totally shaded and is not doing As well as all it peers. I did look and see a few pistils being thrown here and there glad some of these seeds will be females. I really need to take some time and trip / clone them maybe this weekend before the after new year return to work.
be well and grow on!
🧚🧬🌱🏕

IMG 0649
IMG 0647
IMG 0653
IMG 0652
Last edited:
Captspaulding

Captspaulding

What’s the matter? Don’t like clowns? 🤡
Supporter
just home from a 5 day Christmas vacation. There was a bit of a flood and lip leaking issue. The tents collect condensation of course from plant transpiration. Normally I just wipe the sides of the tent with a towel once a day or so. But it really pooled without me there to check it. Mopped up and no more problem.

Pro Tip: make sure all electrical wires run at the top of your tent or off the ground, you never know when water will be present. You don’t want a house fire! 🪢🌊🔥

mess aside plants are killing it. Glad I raised the light, must have grown at least 4-5 inches while I was gone, unfortunately the mainline plant was totally shaded and is not doing As well as all it peers. I did look and see a few pistils being thrown here and there glad some of these seeds will be females. I really need to take some time and trip / clone them maybe this weekend before the after new year return to work.
be well and grow on!
🧚🧬🌱🏕
Beautiful worm homie! Hope your holiday was wonderful 👊🏻🤡

Greenjourneyman

Greenjourneyman

Good morning fellow growers and happy new year. 🎊🎈🎆

Day 75 from seed yesterday, and my plants are ready for the miracle of replication. I’m. It sure who it was but someone mentioned wanting a how to for cloning. Unfortunately this is a labour intensive process that does cost money. I used to just clone into soil without hormones or rooting cubes, survival rate was below 30% at times. With the use of rooting hormones and rooting cubes survival rate has shot to above 85%. Last round of clones I made the only causality was human error.

Picture 1: Prep all your materials before the first cut. You really don’t want to be getting up for something once you start the process. You will need shears, rooting hormone, planters 6 pack, glass of water, substrate (rooting Cubes, rock wool, soil, etc) and enclosed moisture dome.

Picture 2: PRO TIP when using rooting cubes or rock wool, always pre soak / spray with rooting hormone mix. Much higher survival rate there.

Picture 3: start chopping your plant and selecting clones. Its preferential if the stocks you choose are at least 1/8-1/4 inch in diameter, and increases survival rates. After cutting let sit in glass of water so no air bubbles get into stock.

Picture 4: take from glass of water and use your preferred rooting hormone on the bottom. Remember to cut at 45 degree angle for more rooting surface area. I will also pour some of the gel / powder onto the top of my rooting cube to get a little extra on the bottom of the cutting.

Picture 5: after they are in their medium place into planters six pack for easy storage and movement around your cloning nursery.

Picture 6: nursery environment is really important. Clones are basically race cars that need to be kept on life support at all times until they have roots. Make sure they have 80% at 80 degrees F. You will see some wilting at first this is normal and then they will perk back up after a few days. Keep the substrate medium moist at all times.

Hope my steps to cloning help others. Be well and grow on!
🧬🧚🌲🔬

IMG 0656
IMG 0657
IMG 0660
IMG 0659
IMG 0662
IMG 0661
Greenjourneyman

Greenjourneyman

Just some cloning afterthoughts.

there is a before and after pic of the tent, looks like minimum 50% of the plant mass has been reduced in the service of the clones. as seen by the giant pile of leaves and branches I accumulate.

high level botany in the last picture, I’ve gotten 2 cuttings from one stock in the past, and I thought I would try again as one of the MzJillz did not have enough branches and I wanted 2 clones of the strain. If it lives it will be pic.

IMG 0654
IMG 0665
IMG 0664
IMG 0663
Greenjourneyman

Greenjourneyman

Amazing, helpful stuff. Not sure I'm quite ready for that yet but one day maybe, one day.

You will be there sooner than you think. You get the desire to keep a strain going longer at some point. though it is really hard to clone autos, they generally bloom too soon. As I mentioned it’s way out at day 75 when I cloned, autos would be almost be in bloom at that point.

Greenjourneyman

Greenjourneyman

A little check in on the plants post cloning. It’s only been two days but we are seeing the fresh green new growth, the plants are fighting back. I will have to monitor them if showing signs of hunger, I’ll top feed with veg fertilizer. Once they fully bounce back these will be headed into my 4x4 bloom tent for gender identification and winter flowers.

got keep that clone try moist. Morning and evening spraying. They are looking good, I took mostly 1/8 to 1/4 tops some wilting at first, but they have all perked up. I am worried I left too much leaf material. They are quite bushy for clones. Let me know what you all think.

Be well and grow on.

🧬🌲🧚🔬

IMG 0666
IMG 0668
IMG 0669
Greenjourneyman

Greenjourneyman

Day 83
There are some significant issues with the clones. I’m afraid it’s a terminal combination of problems. First. Some were cut too earily, instead of alternating leaves some still have opposing leave formation. Second, I left too many leaves, the clones are spending time and energy trying to keep the foliage alive when they should be just rooting. Finally,I think my spray mist has been too rich in the cloneX liquid, you can see some burn on a few leaves. Oh well, I’ll let them go a while longer, but I reallt don’t have high hopes.
Gowever, for some good news the mothers and father that were cut have all bounced back really nicely. I’ll have to spend some time this week to set up the bloom tent. Event stocks with really week leaves a week ago have shown promise.
be well and keep growing!
🧚🎆🌱🧬

IMG 0670
IMG 0671
IMG 0672
IMG 0673
Greenjourneyman

Greenjourneyman

dont be sad man. Failure is apart of growth. I really thought I had a good cloning method down. Well don’t do what I did this last time around. We’ve lost near half if not a little so far. But plants in the veg tent are cont to surprise. good lush growth. I’m gunna let them get another six inches to a foot taller then I’ll bloom them. clone failure, but bud successs.
keep growing

🧚🌲🧬😖

IMG 0675
IMG 0674
IMG 0676
IMG 0678
IMG 0677
Justlovetogrow

Justlovetogrow

dont be sad man. Failure is apart of growth. I really thought I had a good cloning method down. Well don’t do what I did this last time around. We’ve lost near half if not a little so far. But plants in the veg tent are cont to surprise. good lush growth. I’m gunna let them get another six inches to a foot taller then I’ll bloom them. clone failure, but bud successs.
keep growing

🧚🌲🧬😖
Nice lookin setup mate👍 ya really wanna get on top of the tent walls getting wet though that’s no good at all pathogens n mould love the damp warm environment 👍

Greenjourneyman

Greenjourneyman

Day 90 for my plants.
sadly the clones were almost a complete failure. Combination of issues, but too young, and did not treat properly. I may have 2-5 survivors out of the 30 or so I started with.

other plants looking very nice. Recovered from the clone cuttings almost completely. When I have the time this weekend I’ll trim again then put into the bloom tent.

Todays PRO TIP is from unsolicited advice. Always wipe down your tent walls. I make it a daily morning core but you can whenever the condensation builds plants actively breath through a process called transpiration releasing a good amount of water vapor.

I took a bag level shot, it’s really a dark and dense forest in there. Will have to trim some for better air flow during bloom cycle.

keep growing!

IMG 0679
IMG 0681
IMG 0682
lenhug

lenhug

Shame about the clones man but live and learn I suppose.

Good tip on the tent walls, not thought of doing that if I'm honest.

Mine continue to improve after thee introduction of the heater, definitely perked up. I'll post some more photos later when lights come on.

Greenjourneyman

Greenjourneyman

The miracle of botany. there are roots. I mean 2 of 32 clones is such a shitty ratio. No success there at all. Nice to know it wasn’t a total loss.
so of the other plants are throwing pistils I’ll have to take some time this weekend to move things around and start some bloom action.
be clam and grow on,
🧬🌱🧚🌲

IMG 0683
IMG 0684
IMG 0685
IMG 0686
Greenjourneyman

Greenjourneyman

Some big shifts in the lab. Moved several plants into the bloom tent. PRO TIP of the day if you use fabric pots always have a tray under the pot so they uptake water more effectively. And you don’t flood the floor of the tent.

I also took an another six pack of clones today. Really trying to keep the Quattro Kush x lilac diesel alive into the summer. Will have to see how well they recover before moving to the bloom tent.
keep calm and grow on.

IMG 0688
IMG 0692
IMG 0693
IMG 0690
IMG 0695
Greenjourneyman

Greenjourneyman

So the saga of the sad clones continues. Sorry @Captspaulding its sad clones not sad clowns 🤡. But these little ladies have had a rough time of it if you read back a little bit. 🌱. Very good news my patience and diligent use of the cloneX have finally paid off. A few of the plants I thought were total goners starting to throw out some roots.
I also took some new clones this morning, trying to keep that chem haze going as well. I’ll be really lucky if the lilac diesel and chem haze take.
more updates tomorrow, it’s a big day.
keep growing!
🧬🌲🔬🧚

IMG 0696
IMG 0697
IMG 0698
Greenjourneyman

Greenjourneyman

So today is special. It’s day 100 since I put these beans in dirt way back in October. Plants are doing surprising well for the multiple cuts I’ve had to make on some (see botched cloning above.)
First picture is of the bloom tent. Plants are doing really well in there, I recent gave a somme topical Nitrogent fertz for the stretch, and I’ll hit it with come PK in a couple weeks. I’m happy to see the bright green new growth with darker older leaves, looking really healthy.
seond picture is the veg tent. These plants will be moved over to the bloom tent soon, I was hoping to try to get a clone or two off them first. There’s an Afghani in there I want to keep going. Over all I am really happy with the strains I put down this year, I’ve worked with a few in the past and first time for some others.
Last picture is my mainline experiment. I really think I let it grow out too much, I’m going to have to trim and defoliate quite aggressively at this point. Any suggestions?

be well and grow on!
🏕🌱🧬🧚

IMG 0699
IMG 0700
IMG 0701
Greenjourneyman

Greenjourneyman

So I definitely think I have done something wrong with the super crop plant. Maybe should have tied it down more. Maybe done more with it.
but recent trim, and it’s going. Just grows way slower than some of my other plants.

IMG 0701
IMG 0702
IMG 0705
Top Bottom