• Start date
  • Tagged users None
Patanjali

Patanjali

ARC x LGOG

Arc

DAT

DAT

what u using that concrete sprayer for.. ? and what does LGOG stand for? I hope your healing fast.that plant looking real sweet! now that is a very happy plant, what are u feeding it, Blood?:arghh::p:Dmore scarification pictures please.lol:bookworm:

Patanjali

Patanjali

what u using that concrete sprayer for.. ? and what does LGOG stand for? I hope your healing fast.that plant looking real sweet! now that is a very happy plant, what are u feeding it, Blood?:arghh::p:Dmore scarification pictures please.lol:bookworm:
Hey DAT! The concrete sprayer is a warning to all plant eating bugs to beware of this house! :) And I'll actually use it for watering and spraying the plants. lol. LGOG is Lemon Grinderz OG. I tried blood with my cuttings via an exacto blade, it didn't seem to speed up the rooting process. Therefore, I removed i from the plant nutrients lol.

Hand is healing pretty damn fast, legs are about ready to go. I'm thinking I'm on schedule to hit the trails again tomorrow. ;)

Are you still growing ARC?

Peace!
P-

DAT

DAT

hey P! hope your healing well and your hike was fun. Nah, im not growing ARC anymore. I pulled a nice 13 zips from her , so Im good for a while.lol.
Do you medicate when you hike? if you do what is your preferred method and strain? happy trails, dAT

pdxfire

pdxfire

Doah! Thanks for the correction 6! Totally wasn't thinking lol. And yeah real baked from the herb, and that slab of cannacaramels! ;) The Blood Orange is looking awesome. Actually, so is the Thunderfuck.

Right on! Thanks for the info/picts Nightmare! I'll keep them in mind, especially cause I do like to support local business. Looks like some yummy hazeness! Is it pretty racey high? I do need a good daytime smoke.

I caught the lights in time to flip on a cfl and take some picts before the hps's came on.

View attachment 388633

ARC x LGOG
View attachment 388635

Ambulance

View attachment 388634

Blood Orange
View attachment 388636

Appalachian Thunderfuck
View attachment 388637

BB Sativas are still in flower. I have yet to do a good job with a 100% sativa dom. I know these would be incredible plants in the hands of a better grower.
View attachment 388638

And then my little G13/Hp's
View attachment 388639

Lol sorry for the photo bomb! :p
P-
Yeah, that's way more hardcore then what I did lol. My hike was 5.45mi/8.77km, Elev 5,856' - 8,144'. Lot of rock, still a fair amount of snow and ice. It was bad enough I did still have to get out the spikes for a stretch today.

Eh... you know, it will heal quick. Now if I could just remember to stop sticking its in things, using it pick up things, etc. lol. Those are freaking amazing picts DAT. That place looks really cool. I really want to get over to the west side of the rockies sometime soon. I'm thinking Utah, but I'd also consider the PNW.

P-

P look me up if you ever make it to the pnw.

Patanjali

Patanjali

hey P! hope your healing well and your hike was fun. Nah, im not growing ARC anymore. I pulled a nice 13 zips from her , so Im good for a while.lol.
Do you medicate when you hike? if you do what is your preferred method and strain? happy trails, dAT
Lmao... Busted. So my hike was not fun lol. In fact, I missed a stepping stone on the way down and well... I was jogging at a pretty good pace. I went head over heals and smashed my knee on on the rock. It's pretty bad. It looked like a baseball was trying to come out of the side of my knee. I've been icing and elevating for 2 days and the swelling in the knee is less, but I'm retaining fluid in my calf, ankle, foot. Minor set back lol.

And to answer your question yes, I pretty much always medicate before I go. Either smoke or a combination of smoking and edibles. Strains vary, but atm I'm smoking Ambulance from 303 seeds.

And hell yeah! 13 zips of ARC?! You are SET!... at least the rest of the week! j/t! :p

P look me up if you ever make it to the pnw.
Hey PDX! Funny you should mention that. I was just trying to talk to GF into a long road trip this spring/summer/fall. I was pushing for a PNW trip. ;)

Quick shot before the lights come on. They had another good growth spurt after the top dress.

Flower

Peace!
P-

Patanjali

Patanjali

Vetty vetty nice!!

No pain, no gain. You know the rules lol. All jokes aside, hope it heals quickly and doesn't leave a long term ache. Sounds like a hard hit! Peace bro.
Thanks 6! Yeah, the swelling is starting to go down a little. Still hurts like hell. Hopefully it heals up quick. I'll be disappointed if I miss much spring hiking! :)

Hope all is going well!

ouch patanjali sounds like your in the wars, lucky you had an ambulance on call haha
Hell yeah! I'm for sure hitting the Ambulance! Unfortunately I'm on my last bud. I can't wait to see how the next plant of it turns out.

Aight! It's FrYday! My knee is freaking throbbing, so time to med it up!

Some freshly dried White Urkel!

White

And a fresh round of Silver Mountain

Silver

Peace!
P-

pdxfire

pdxfire

Thanks 6! Yeah, the swelling is starting to go down a little. Still hurts like hell. Hopefully it heals up quick. I'll be disappointed if I miss much spring hiking! :)

Hope all is going well!

Hell yeah! I'm for sure hitting the Ambulance! Unfortunately I'm on my last bud. I can't wait to see how the next plant of it turns out.

Aight! It's FrYday! My knee is freaking throbbing, so time to med it up!

Some freshly dried White Urkel!

View attachment 391712

And a fresh round of Silver Mountain

View attachment 391713

Peace!
P-

Beautiful bud pics. Hope you heal up real fast and don't miss out on much hiking.

HorseBadortiz

HorseBadortiz

Hay pat! I was noodling around, looking for an Appalachian Thunderfuck grow, and guess who came up, LOL?

I just popped a pack, and figured maybe I should see some in action!

Your garden looks great, but too bad you can't stay on your feet, ha! j/k... get well soon!

The Karanja has been coming in handy, thanks for that... you ever get into the frass?

Patanjali

Patanjali

Beautiful bud pics. Hope you heal up real fast and don't miss out on much hiking.
Thanks PDX! Knee is just today starting to feel like I have a little more range of motion, but it looks like it might take a little while. Guess that gives me time to scope some gear! ;)

Hay pat! I was noodling around, looking for an Appalachian Thunderfuck grow, and guess who came up, LOL?

I just popped a pack, and figured maybe I should see some in action!

Your garden looks great, but too bad you can't stay on your feet, ha! j/k... get well soon!

The Karanja has been coming in handy, thanks for that... you ever get into the frass?
Hey Horse! It's so good to see you! Glad you like the karanja oil! I just used some like 3-4 days ago. Stuff is a big N boost too, I kind of have to be careful sometimes. I haven't really messed with the frass. I was thinking of adding a little to my soon to be worm bin. (fingers crossed my bokashi turns out).

This is my little atf that I first thought was a boy. I threw it into flower it and it grew pistals to my surprise. So I upcanned her real quick and, here she is. Smells absolutely fantastic. I think this is about 4 or so weeks into flower?

Atf

Atf2

Let me know if you post up a journal here Horse! (or feel free to throw up any picts)

Peace!
P-

HorseBadortiz

HorseBadortiz

Either it's too early, or my eyes are too old, but those pics of your ATF are hiding!
I don't think I'd put straight frass in your worm bin, it's already worm shit, LOL! I make teas, then throw the leftovers in there... easier to digest?
Not that you asked, but here's some stuff I've picked up about it:

Pre-Mix for Soil or Potted Plants:
Mix up to 1 cup insect frass per cubic foot soil or potting medium
Top dress or root drench 2 times a month
Apply frass foliar weekly as below
For best results use dechlorinated or filtered water
Full-Strength Insect Frass Tea Extract (root drench):
Add up to 1/2 cup insect frass per gallon dechlorinated water
Feed monthly or as desired
Use within 2 hours of mixing or refrigerate for up to 1 week
Do not store at room temperature
Foliar:
1-2 tsp. per gallon dechlorinated water
For best results use weekly, not in direct sunlight and under 80 F. 27 C.
Apply to top and bottom of leaves
Use within 2 hours of mixing
Discard excess as root drench or refrigerate for up to 1 week
Compost Tea Extract:
2 tsp. insect frass per gallon dechlorinated water as a fungal food source.
(may be used as a substitute for Fish Hydrolysate)
optional ingredients:
• .5 oz Soluble Kelp
• 1 oz Humic Acids
Actively Aerate for 24 - 48 hours and apply to root or leaf zone; tea should be kept aerated until it is applied.
Q: What if I just want the benefits of chitin and not use Insect Frass as a base organic nutrient?
A: Use less. Up to 1 tablespoon per gallon for foliar or root drench.

Thanks for the kind offer, I hope I'll be taking you up on that soon!

Patanjali

Patanjali

Either it's too early, or my eyes are too old, but those pics of your ATF are hiding!
I don't think I'd put straight frass in your worm bin, it's already worm shit, LOL! I make teas, then throw the leftovers in there... easier to digest?
Not that you asked, but here's some stuff I've picked up about it:

Pre-Mix for Soil or Potted Plants:
Mix up to 1 cup insect frass per cubic foot soil or potting medium
Top dress or root drench 2 times a month
Apply frass foliar weekly as below
For best results use dechlorinated or filtered water
Full-Strength Insect Frass Tea Extract (root drench):
Add up to 1/2 cup insect frass per gallon dechlorinated water
Feed monthly or as desired
Use within 2 hours of mixing or refrigerate for up to 1 week
Foliar:
1-2 tsp. per gallon dechlorinated water
For best results use weekly, not in direct sunlight and under 80 F. 27 C.
Apply to top and bottom of leaves
Use within 2 hours of mixing
Discard excess as root drench or refrigerate for up to 1 week
Compost Tea Extract:
2 tsp. insect frass per gallon dechlorinated water as a fungal food source.
(may be used as a substitute for Fish Hydrolysate)
optional ingredients:
• .5 oz Soluble Kelp
• 1 oz Humic Acids
Actively Aerate for 24 - 48 hours and apply to root or leaf zone; tea should be kept aerated until it is applied.
Q: What if I just want the benefits of chitin and not use Insect Frass as a base organic nutrient?
A: Use less. Up to 1 tablespoon per gallon for foliar or root drench.

Thanks for the kind offer, I hope I'll be taking you up on that soon!
I would definitely run frass through the worm bin! Hell, I'd like to run everything through the worm bin! :) I already have chitin and microbes covered, what other benefits should I expect with frass? I would not use frass in my compost teas. My compost teas are strictly EWC, molasses, and aeration. Please post up some picts if you get a chance, been a while since I've seen your garden. I'd love to see what you have going on!

Here's another quick shot of the ATF

Atf

ARC x LGOG

Room1

Random shots

Room2

Room3

Peace!
P-

619ster

619ster

Garden is looking lovely P!! Shit this must be the best run yet since getting off the bottle eh? (nutrient bottles that is lol)

And I just can't get over how much that ARCxLGOG looks just like momma!! You sure you didnt come snip a clone while I wasn't looking? LOL! I've had the hardest time making the Blue Tara's happy. One is doing ok, but the other is a finicky little thing. Coming around though. Going to clone her top and toss the plant. That's how bad she is lol. Other one may hit flower as soon as next week.

How's that Cascadian Frost doing?

Patanjali

Patanjali

Garden is looking lovely P!! Shit this must be the best run yet since getting off the bottle eh? (nutrient bottles that is lol)

And I just can't get over how much that ARCxLGOG looks just like momma!! You sure you didnt come snip a clone while I wasn't looking? LOL! I've had the hardest time making the Blue Tara's happy. One is doing ok, but the other is a finicky little thing. Coming around though. Going to clone her top and toss the plant. That's how bad she is lol. Other one may hit flower as soon as next week.

How's that Cascadian Frost doing?
Thanks 6! Most of the runs since switching from super soils over to the living organic soil have been really nice. I owe a huge thanks to Coot, Gas, MM, and all the rols peeps for showing me the light.

The ARC x LGOG is really nice looking! I really need to do some re-arranging and prepare for the home stretch. If I happen to get them out of the room again I'll try and take some picts. I can't wait to see how she turns out. I've never tried ARC, so you're going to have to head out and sample it yourself; tell me if it smells/tastes like ARC. ;)

That sucks about the Blue Tara! Sorry she is giving you troubles. Hopefully you find at least one good one in there. Definitely throw up some picts if you send her into flower. They should have a pretty decent stretch on them. Maybe not an ARC stretch, but they can get leggy.

The Cascadians are super stacked, but they grew somewhat slow. Not sure if they are going to catch up at the end, but so far they do look really pretty. I need to try and get a few shots before I can't move them anymore lol.

P-

HorseBadortiz

HorseBadortiz

I would definitely run frass through the worm bin! Hell, I'd like to run everything through the worm bin! :) I already have chitin and microbes covered, what other benefits should I expect with frass? I would not use frass in my compost teas. My compost teas are strictly EWC, molasses, and aeration. Please post up some picts if you get a chance, been a while since I've seen your garden. I'd love to see what you have going on!
Naaahhh, just saying I wouldn't waste the frass in my worm bin, I make my worms work, ha!

Not trying to push anything on you, or expand your horizons, or anything like that, LOL! I have been using the same tea receipe w/ frass, works great.

This is pretty simplified, but may explain how insect chitins are more useable by plants?

I've got plenty of pics at BeePee, stop by and say hay!

That ATF is looking great, I'll certainly keep watching her!

Patanjali

Patanjali

Naaahhh, just saying I wouldn't waste the frass in my worm bin, I make my worms work, ha!

Not trying to push anything on you, or expand your horizons, or anything like that, LOL! I have been using the same tea receipe w/ frass, works great.

This is pretty simplified, but may explain how insect chitins are more useable by plants?

I've got plenty of pics at BeePee, stop by and say hay!

That ATF is looking great, I'll certainly keep watching her!
Why would you consider adding it to the worm bin a waste? I kind of look at it like anything added to the worm bin the benefits will be amplified. It's not that I'm against frass. I'm trying to keep my mixes really simple. I think marketing has us constantly searching for that new product that is going to make our plants yield more, so I'm always really skeptical. Especially when the information comes off of a company that sells the product. This is from their site:

In simple terms, insect chitin is the form used by plants in nature. Crustacean chitin is trapped in the calcified shell. In order to get the chitin from inside the calcified shell, it must be boiled in potassium hydroxide (certainly not organic). On the other hand, the chitin in insect frass is broken down by the plant naturally, by the chitinase enzyme produced by the plants own immune-response-system. That’s organic!

Sounds like marketing to me. Then take a look at this quote:

Chitinase is the naturally occurring enzyme that breaks chitin down into chitosan. I will repeat that point, it is the central point you need to know in order to organically reverse a disease (and possibly even insect) outbreak using chitin! Chitinase is the enzyme that breaks chitin down into chitosan. Some living organisms produce this chitinase enzyme. Most of these organisms are bacteria (and some fungi). Some plants even produce this enzyme in order to fight off disease (this is the "system" that we will use to model our pest control treatment). Anyways, many of the chitinase producing microorganisms are known crustacean pathogens. These organisms produce this enzyme so they can break down crustacean shells (in order to eat it, or get through it to invade the shellfish itself). While this may seem bad, it can be used to our organic advantage.

This is more what I would worry about, and why I probably will not use it. I strive to keep bugs alive in my soil. If I look under my mulch and I don't see a myriad of life, I get worried. I don't want anything damaging that when there are other alternatives.

Edit, forgot about this, but several different plant species (i.e., corn, peas, wheat, barley, beans, etc.) contain significant levels of chitinases in seed... In theory SST's of these seeds will speed up chitosan production.

Warning about concentrated doses of chitinase
I have a friend who grows worms. She threw some extra chitin "brew" in one of her worm piles to feed them. The thing she didn't think about was that worms also have chitin in their skin. The brew killed the entire worm population just like it can kill fungi and bugs.

In other words, be careful and only use active chitin brews during an outbreak. It is likely that using chitinase brews can kill beneficial organisms as well as pests. To correct this, once the brew has had time to do its thing and break down (a few days to a week) it is best to re-introduce beneficial organisms to the plant and soil. Spray your plant and soil with a compost/manure tea or simply sprinkle some compost over the dirt and water those good guys into the soil.

I would not use it in a compost tea. I know the site says you can substitute for fish hydrolyslate, but I'd want to hear that from MM, or someone with a microscope and DO2 meter. Less is more imo.

Did you pick up the ATF, or are you just thinking about it? I know several sites have a Bodhi special going on - free snow queen seeds. I'm really tempted to pick up a some bodhi NL#5.

Ok, way too much thinking for a FrYday lol.

Lucky Charms is some no-joke smoke.

Lucky

White Urkels after a rosemary/silica/aloe ipm spray.

Veg

Have a great weekend!
P-

Last edited:
Top Bottom