Battlefield "Earth" has begun.......

• Thread starter Texas Kid
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
Here is the top bucket setup....basically a 1" top drip screen riser dead center of the bucket, stands about 3" tall and dumps straight out the bottom..

Tex

DSCN4141
DSCN4142
DSCN4143
DSCN4144
DSCN4145
HydroRocks

HydroRocks

Looks good! If you get a chance maybe take some more pics of the return manifold for the water pumps? It looks like there is a pump for each 4 buckets?

That is a really nice space you have there Mr. Tex!

Thank you for sharing!

socalval

socalval

:talking now thats one huge kick ass room ......SIK SET UP TEX:character0053: How long did it take you to put all of this together ? Its going to be a real treat to see this in action .

K

kes5480

Damn Tex.......u got a nice set up man.
I wish someday to be doin R&D for UC or a company like that.
Props to you bro, keep it up
Kes
Rep+:character0053:

H

hogan400

nice work tex, that looks off the wall and pretty fuckin sick! Love jg fittings, the best IMO! I use the 16 light timer and love that thing, my buddy rewired one breaker to constant 120 so i could have more plugs. They were out of that version when I ordered it, so we made it work.

Im having a rough go at my first uc rd. For whatever reason my ph is fucked. If you get a chance pop in and overlook my shit. If you see something im missing lemme know, I'd appreciate it.
Good vibes man.

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
Damn nice. Wish iwould have gone with square buckets. Would have made the drain fittings less of a headache. Those halos work good? what size feed to the halo 1/2 in or 3/4?

datDANK

datDANK

hmm.. a pure coco grow you would get huge trees out of this...the fastest time at world record speeds

a pure organic soil /organic nute grow i'm not sure... i think the nutes would build up potent

UCHQ

UCHQ

THCFarmer Sponsor
Supporter
Looking Nice TK

We still recommend using only low dilution (weak strength) compost teas, or chelated mineral based nutrients in the irrigation system....adding top dress'd less soluble organic inputs intermittently as needed. Also, the grower would be running close to zero run off to avoid accumulations of particulate in the solution beneath the Earth...but in the event the solution becomes convoluted it can be easily drained away.

There's a zone beneath the plant that the perforated bottom smart insert rests on.....this area is full of porous growth substrate that acts as both a particulate filter and biological habitat. The Earth is designed to be especially productive when used with soilless substrates, beneficial biology, and actively aerated compost teas.

When ran recirc with heavy run off in especially porous substrate, we still recommend very soluble mineral based nutrient approaches to avoid complications. Top dressing less soluble inputs is a very effective method.

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
I filled the zone under the smart/net pots with the growstones up to the top of the drain level...these are the shit, probably goin to do a 100% growstone run real soon..

Tex

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
Pics are a pain in that ass for me right now...

Here are the growstones in the buckets

Tex

DSCN4146
DSCN4147
DSCN4148
Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
Here is the cracked fitting..no biggy, watch over tightening on these..I put hose clamps on all the 1" barb fittings between the buckets as well, better safe than sorry...

12" power exhaust out the roof on a TMP-1 for thermo control

Tex

DSCN4139
DSCN4129
DSCN4159
M

MediMary

wow that's an amazing system, thanks for sharing. slick design. great job uchq :-)

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
50' x 70' steel building that was formerly a stable, still have a few stalls in place just in case I want saddle up and ride...

Tex

datDANK

datDANK

how will A1 nutrients and soils fair in a system like this?

best of all of thcfarmer!!!!

C

crossouttheiis

wow TK that looks awesome you are rockin it like usual. Are you still running UC in other rooms? I can't wait to see how this system runs.

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
I still have a few other rooms running UC's, an 8 site, a 10 site, and a couple 6 sites....

Soils don't work well at all in these setups, even high percentages of soil in your mix tend to suck, super super fast drain with no retention or set the flood cycles to 1 minute intervals so that there is no runoff at all..if you don't the auto top valve will make you insane with super high fill levels in the entire system..it is kind of a trick dance you have to do between the auto top function and the top drip setup......I strait growstones, hydroton, 100% coco, coco/lava mix, or even 100% perilite would work best in these.

The hydro halos work awesome.

Tex

Reactions: mal
Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
Looking great Tex! Love the details and all the photos... :cool

Reactions: mal
Top Bottom