• Thread starter Texas Kid
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
UCHQ

UCHQ

THCFarmer Sponsor
Supporter
Thanks for the support Farmers

Any idea when UC Earth will be released to the public?

Thanks for the kind words on the customer service tip.....horticultural innovation is our passion so offering support to fellow growers comes naturally.

M-21....we'll have the Earth available as soon as we are confident in every aspect of it's mode of action. With the help of growers like ML and TK we are able to fine tune the system so that by the time we release it, it's fairly bullet proof.

We'll keep everyone posted as the release date gets closer....additionally we'll be posting pics of the Earth performing in our R&D area so you'll know what to expect when it is released.

convex

convex

Can someone give me a quick Earth 101?

Is it a modified UC that can accommodate a soil medium rather than hydroton or is more complex than that?

Cheers

convex

convex

Thanks for the link UCHQ - exactly the info I was looking for.
I am now REALLY curious as to how they will perform, fantastic concept.

Cheers

UCMENOW

UCMENOW

I finally got to see this thing running yesterday...pretty clean. I'm predicting TK's gonna crush it in the Earth. Bon Voyage Tex!

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
I am already stagin additional rooms for other Earth systems, I know this is goin to kill it..

Runners are gettin in the blocks...

Tex

ttystikk

ttystikk

I am already stagin additional rooms for other Earth systems, I know this is goin to kill it..

Runners are gettin in the blocks...

Tex

I have complete confidence in your gardening skills- I'm very interested to see how well this sytem works relative to a straight RDWC setup. If it's close, then I may just follow in your footsteps. I'm looking for a strong and powerful system in terms of growth and productivity, but I don't need the brain damage and uncertainty of RDWC if I can get similar results with less effort!

BCrocker

BCrocker

Yes, I agree. UC support has been great so far here too, as has HI's. Both awesome.

I would like to try a Earth setup

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
Just got back from vacation, waitin on the unit to arrive now...veggers are rockin

Gonna be in a new setup with 1k per plant side for the first run and go from there

Tex

BCrocker

BCrocker

Sounds good, make sure you get some pics up. I want to try this out too

M

medicine21

Bump! If you're still vegging in those inserts, they must be monsters by now! What's the latest?

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
Alright here we go, I have the system in hand but I have a slow ass internet connection so pics are a major pain in the ass..

First the room, 12' x 22' with 8k kickin on 8 plants

The last one is a veg room with a pile of t5's

Tex

DSCN4039
DSCN4042
DSCN4047
DSCN4052
DSCN4060
DSCN4061
DSCN4069
DSCN4080
DSCN4081
DSCN4076
Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
Excuse the pics some where taken when lights were on testin stuff.

8 site setup, bucket in a bucket top drip with a recirculating runoff...

The fittings are basically 1" ebb&flow drain setups, be carefull not to over tighten and destroy the flange, easy to do and the tighter you get it starts to screw up the seal not help it.

Controll bucket has a auto top float valve and the return t from the recir pump..in the bottom is another submersible pump to feed the top drip system.

The top drip goes from the center top drip manifold to the hydro halos, cool little interface with the rigid tube and the halos, the halos were basically flowin at a gallon every 4minutes give or take a cup or two

Tex

DSCN4082
DSCN4086
DSCN4090
DSCN4092
DSCN4094
DSCN4096
DSCN4095
DSCN4102
DSCN4112
DSCN4114
xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
nice clean set up man. always look forward to reading your updates

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
So there are 8 buckets and a control bucket with center feed lines for the return pump and the top drip feed pump, I hate flexible hoses so i hard piped the return line and screwed the top feed line right into the floor for a more rigid managable setup.

At each end the is a 4 plex push fitting manifold to handle the top drip lines to each plant site.

Only one leak and I cracked one fitting trying to tightin to much, i fixed with a steel bushing I had that was the same id and od as the flange end of the fitting i broke.

All works pretty slick so far

Tex

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
And then....

This is setup on 50" centers only because these plants were already so big, this is not the spacing I would use in the future, 25" is the standard and I will go with that..the 50" plays tricks with the pumps and top off setup when it reduces the volume for feeding times....the 25" setup with abetter drasining media will fix all that.

Tex

DSCN4123
DSCN4124
DSCN4125
DSCN4126
DSCN4127

Latest posts

Top Bottom