Beds Are For F***ing! Small Pots = Big Buds!

• Thread starter Prime C
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Purpletrain

Purpletrain

yup wet pounds to make 520 grams dry 520 dry grams x 4 = a very close amount needed to make 520 dry grams and i guarntee you takes lot to make 4.5 pounds of wet bud here is a close to a pound plant you need almost 2 of them to make a pound its amazing how much bds shrivel up to nothing
9 week  432
9 week  buds

HiPlainDrftr

HiPlainDrftr

Well let the ayahuasca ceremony begin.

I'm not on here to spit bullshit claims. I got a career to maintain.

That being said, yeah my claim is just one instance of one plant grown from seed.

If you can repeatedly pull a pound from 2 plants under one light... then tip of the hat to you my friend...

Stumpy420

Stumpy420

So I use happy frog, and flower in 1 gallon pots. After the flip I normally start to see deficiencies of some sort. With happy frog, by the time I'm in flip, should I be actually feeding "every time i water" and not just watering? I noticed some people in this thread were using it (with other things added in).

NFT

NFT

I need to correct myself: NFT is all about constant exposure to a very thin pool/film of nutes.....not so much the dry/wet cycle I described above, but the idea is the same for all plants grown in soilless media: frequent exchanges of air and nutrients make for bigger plants.

from nutriculture
The main advantage of the NFT system over other hydroponic methods is that the plant roots are always exposed to a perfectly balanced supply of water, oxygen, and nutrients.
In every other method there is a conflict between these requirements, the optimum amount of one results in an imbalance of one or both of the others.

The secret to NFT's success is that because very little growing medium is used a thick root mat quickly develops, the upper surface of this root mat is always exposed to the air (so the roots have superb access to oxygen) and the roots are always moist with water and nutrients.

This means that plants have access to the optimum amount of water, oxygen and nutrients all at the same time. The result is higher yields of high-quality produce and a longer period of cropping.

NFT

NFT

Again not trying to star shit but i guess if you call it over a pound i can say well here is 5 pounder plants its surely 3 times the size of that plant :)View attachment 617796 View attachment 617797

plants look smaller in pictures i think, although she does make the 8 inch fan look small
this plant is 5ft wide and 4ft deep 4.5 ft tall at 5weeks 12/12 should yield 25-30 oz

image.php

peace

Purpletrain

Purpletrain

520 g is 1.25 lbs FYI
lol Funny shit right there, seems you been around some pounds or your just SMRT .
Question for you smart guy how many duffle bags would a person need to transport 100 kilograms or 220.4 pounds
Vacuum packed

Answer : 4.5 duffle bags there Guy

Savage Henry

Savage Henry

So it looks like there's a couple schools of thought on multi-feeds in coir: several short (~60-100ml) irrigations or a few longer ones (500+ml).

From what I've read several factors go into determining this but the most important seem to be container size/shape and medium porosity. The link I posted earlier takes the penman-monteith equation and adapts it for a controlled environment and vpd can be used (along with a few other variables) to estimate evapotranspiration rates and plan irrigation around that.

Personally I take the runoff volume and subtract it from the total irrigation volume to determine how much the plants transpire daily but ran into trouble with the smaller cycles. The 100ml or so would get absorbed into the top inch of 2gal pots of coir/perlite and then evaporate out, crystallizing the fertilizer and causing by ec to build up to 3.8+ over the course of a week. Low rh (50%) was certainly a factor but also the surface area of the top of the container (8" diameter). I'm thinking to improve the efficacy of the shorter cycles the container has have a smaller diameter like in those 2-3gal grow bags.

Anyway, does anyone bring their pots to field capacity hourly?

Also, has anyone played around with crop steering like they describe here: http://maxa.maf.govt.nz/sff/about-projects/search/05-155/controlling-plant-growth-no7.pdf

Currently experimenting with starting/stopping irrigation 1hr after and 1hr before lights on/off in veg and 2hrs in flower.

It appears most guys around here determine their irrigation scheduling by feel but I'm a numbers guy (though obviosuly growing requires a qualitative analysis as well).

Purpletrain

Purpletrain

Now were talking there is few valuable piece you forgot  that effect transpiration.
They are room temperature ,Root Temp, Par, and also wind or amount of.
For every 10 degree in ambient temp surrounding the plant metabolic rates doubles meaning plants grow twice as fast.
But as temperature rises nutrient up take decreases and transpiration increases so more water is needed and less nutrients .. This is where growers run into problems most of the time there room temps increase as plants grow and growers keep pushing nutrients , Which in a sense all there doing is creating salt build up and many other issues like PH Fluctuations , causing plants to show signs of Def .
Then what is there next move ??? of course add that epsom salt or phos ,N compounding the issues then the dreaded CLAW
Your 50 RH had nothing to do with EC rising it was your room temps and you maintaining nutrient schedule would be my guess, of the salt build up
There is a fine line of to hor or to cold in the root zone where it will also cause a difference in Transpiration rates

Savage Henry

Savage Henry

For sure, man. I suppose I should have noted my rh in conjunction with temp.

The room was sitting around 80 ambient and the leaf temps were 78 or so with ~1200ppm co2. Just getting this room worked out and started running it without compensating for the dehumidifying effect of a new mini split, and allowing the nighttime dehuey to suck some pots dry.

So the root of the fuckup, I believe, was me pushing the plants like I did in previous rounds when my vpd was in check (leaf temps in the low 80s, rh 70-75). Here's where your point comes in, @Purpletrain, where the plants were taking up more water than fertilizer. To compensate for this I should have ran a lower ec but the ferts I'm using don't really perform unless they're around 1.5-1.7 ec.

So I just dropped back from 12 irrigations to 4, and now to 3 (with increased runoff) which should theoretically lower my medium ec.

I'm starting to look at the controlled environment like mulders chart, everything effects everything.

Last edited:
RedEyeBallz

RedEyeBallz

Well let the ayahuasca ceremony begin.

I'm not on here to spit bullshit claims. I got a career to maintain.

That being said, yeah my claim is just one instance of one plant grown from seed.

If you can repeatedly pull a pound from 2 plants under one light... then tip of the hat to you my friend...
Check out hygrohybrid on YouTube

Purpletrain

Purpletrain

from nutriculture
The main advantage of the NFT system over other hydroponic methods is that the plant roots are always exposed to a perfectly balanced supply of water, oxygen, and nutrients.
In every other method there is a conflict between these requirements, the optimum amount of one results in an imbalance of one or both of the others.

The secret to NFT's success is that because very little growing medium is used a thick root mat quickly develops, the upper surface of this root mat is always exposed to the air (so the roots have superb access to oxygen) and the roots are always moist with water and nutrients.

This means that plants have access to the optimum amount of water, oxygen and nutrients all at the same time. The result is higher yields of high-quality produce and a longer period of cropping.

NFT systems are for smaller plants plain n simple to say its growing to yield more then a 13 gallon DWC system where plants can easily grow 10 times bigger compared to that 4 " root zone source is just fucking insane lol

Now any style of grow a grower chooses to fit his or her style is great run with it
Now with that picture you posted talking like its 30 oz 1 plant yet in this thread you talk about 11 - 12 oz per plant ???? So i ask must be what 3 plants in there ?? i was more or less talking about 1 plant yield so there was some miss communication obviously

https://www.thcfarmer.com/community/threads/all-things-nft.76883/

NFT

NFT

NFT systems are for smaller plants plain n simple to say its growing to yield more then a 13 gallon DWC system where plants can easily grow 10 times bigger compared to that 4 " root zone source is just fucking insane lol

Now any style of grow a grower chooses to fit his or her style is great run with it
Now with that picture you posted talking like its 30 oz 1 plant yet in this thread you talk about 11 - 12 oz per plant ???? So i ask must be what 3 plants in there ?? i was more or less talking about 1 plant yield so there was some miss communication obviously

in the picture there is 1 plant taking up 90-95 % of the space this plant is a haze plant it will yield about 25 to 30 oz

there is also another plant taking up about 5- 10% of the space this plant is a kush plant (mothers milk) ill cut this one out soon to leave the haze on its own, you're welcome to come see the pictures on my thread once this takes place
not sure what else you're asking i read it a few times but it made little sense to me, can you clarify please?

Bigjuice

Bigjuice

The first time i hit 1.5 on a light was 9 plants in one gallon pots fed twice a day. Then I got away from that not thinking about the pot size being the reason. Took over a year to think about that again. Then I did a bigger plant in a 3 gallon and got like 12 oz off a low yielding cookie cut. Hmmmmm... Then through discussion here about coco brother @symbiote420 hooked me up with @HeadKracker and I saw his pics with big ole plants in little pots of coco. Multifed! The fucking light came on dawgy!! I remembered that 1.5 I hit! My next round I hit a little over 1.6 running 6-7 a light in one gallons. And to tell you the truth they arent even 1 gallons they are a tad smaller. Cheap ass nursery pots lol.

@Prime C hi what was your veg time on the 1 gal girls and feeding regime/ minutes on ? Nice thread

Savage Henry

Savage Henry

Howdy farmers, found another good article about irrigating coir. In this one they experimented with irrigating at 40,50, and 60% field capacity. One of the interesting conclusions they found was that the plants at 40% had the highest brix level while the ones at 60% had the largest yield. But I'm just scratching the surface and theres a ton more variables they monitored.

Anyway, for those interested:
http://www.pubhort.org/ejhs/2013/file_3930440.pdf

mancdank

mancdank

from nutriculture

Iws flood and drain has trumped any nft I have ever used maybe worth a little look top tip though make sure your surface is even and stick a little ata clean in your res from time to time to clean the switches in the brain pot :)

mancdank

mancdank

@Limonene I'm sure u got some pics of 1 plant monsters in coco :)

Latest posts

Top Bottom