Been having a few problems

• Thread starter DazedNconfused78
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
DazedNconfused78

DazedNconfused78

Thats whatbi am going to do. Duct that cold over over the top of my plants.

DreamwalkerJ

DreamwalkerJ

I need a good recommendation on something to cool my water res. Or a mini air conditioner. Something that will cool the tent and the res
If your lighy has a detachable driver, you could move it and the reservoir outside of your tent. You can also drop frozen bottles of water into your res, or you could circulate your res through a water chiler. An AC would be a good idea, especially for flower, dropping those temps for the last week or 2 can bring out some beautiful color in the girls. Oh and you mentioned you have a fan to circulate your res but how are you areating it? Are you using air stones or a venturi pump? I personally use the venturi pump in my res and the air intake for the pump sucks in cold air 24 hours a day. Res stays at 68°f

DazedNconfused78

DazedNconfused78

If your lighy has a detachable driver, you could move it and the reservoir outside of your tent. You can also drop frozen bottles of water into your res, or you could circulate your res through a water chiler. An AC would be a good idea, especially for flower, dropping those temps for the last week or 2 can bring out some beautiful color in the girls. Oh and you mentioned you have a fan to circulate your res but how are you areating it? Are you using air stones or a venturi pump? I personally use the venturi pump in my res and the air intake for the pump sucks in cold air 24 hours a day. Res stays at 68°f
Can you link a pic of the venturi pump. I have 3 18 inch airstones in my res

DreamwalkerJ

DreamwalkerJ

That pump works great and when its time for a res change i just pull the pump out, attach a hose, drop it back in the res and let it pump everything out for me. . No airstones anymore. The great thing about this pump is you just stick it to the bottom of the res with its little suction cup feet and it constanly pulls water in from the bottom and aerates it as it blows it up. Personally, i hang my flood pump about 2/3 of the way down my res so that it never floods my buckets with sediment or and buildups (in case some occur) and i hand it directly above the venturi pump so what it starts to flood, its pulling water in directly from the aerated jet of water from the venturi pump. They plants love all the oxygen

Last edited:
DazedNconfused78

DazedNconfused78

That pump works great and when its time for a res change i just pull the pump out, attach a hose, drop it back in the res and let it pump everything out for me. . No airstones anymore. The great thing about this pump is you just stick it to the bottom of the res with its little suction cup feet and it constanly pulls water in from the bottom and aerates it as it blows it up. Personally, i hang my flood pump about 2/3 of the way down my res so that it never floods my buckets with sediment or and buildups (in case some occur) and i hand it directly above the venturi pump so what it starts to flood, its pulling water in directly from the aerated jet of water from the venturi pump. They plants love all the oxygen
Thats what my vivosun pump looks like. The link is the venturi pump. I already have a submersible pump. I guess maybe im not understanding. A venturi pump is different than a submersible?

DazedNconfused78

DazedNconfused78

This is what i have now for a submersible pump. Isnt it the same thing as what you are talking about?

DreamwalkerJ

DreamwalkerJ

This is what i have now for a submersible pump. Isnt it the same thing as what you are talking about?
Ok ok so i know the exact pumpnyou have and there should be a fitting for it that screws in. Its meant to attach a hose to but is has a little peg sticking out to the side and this oeg sucks in air, you should also have a small thin airline with it that attaches to that peg and you drop the pump in the res and hang the airline outside the res
I just checked and your pump doesnt come with the right parts. Look at the pic below, see the threaded piece with the orange o-ring under it? See the little peg sticking out the left side of the threaded outlet piece? That piece compresses the water at the exact same point it sucks air in (froma hose attached to that little peg)
Screenshot 20210510 184555 Chrome

DazedNconfused78

DazedNconfused78

Ok ok so i know the exact pumpnyou have and there should be a fitting for it that screws in. Its meant to attach a hose to but is has a little peg sticking out to the side and this oeg sucks in air, you should also have a small thin airline with it that attaches to that peg and you drop the pump in the res and hang the airline outside the res
I just checked and your pump doesnt come with the right parts. Look at the pic below, see the threaded piece with the orange o-ring under it? See the little peg sticking out the left side of the threaded outlet piece? That piece compresses the water at the exact same point it sucks air in (froma hose attached to that little peg)
View attachment 1122840
Right on. I got you. And it comes with the pieces for the little peg. Aeration valve right?

DreamwalkerJ

DreamwalkerJ

Hey ok gwt a lux meter from google play for tour phone (or apple whatever if thats your choice) seedlings to young clones should get 5000-8000 lux , in veg 25k - 35k lux and i kep bloom around 85k lux (light burn can occur over 84,000 lux with some strains) Before anyone jumps on me, i know, i know its not so much the lux that matters to the plants but its the wavelengths and PPFS they care about but using a lux meter gives you an *approximate* idea of the the intensity of visible light. Just like how PAR does NOT account for/measure IR or UV light. If an LED light only gives PAR values and not PPFD, its a sign to stay away. A good LED should also include 380nm (UV-B) diodes to get the best results. Anyways, get a lux meter app, (unless you have a quantum light meter or can drop upwards of 2000 bucks on one) and measure the light at the top of the canopy. This will at least give you an idea. Oh and your nute setup sounds fine to me now, but maybe you can tell me what youre feeding them? Also, IF you start to see a tiny bit of nute burn now, it *could* just finally be presenting the symptoms of the crazy high EC. Some toxicities take 2 weeks to show and some deficiencies dont show until its been a problem for 4 weeks or more (im talking about you Mg). It sounds like you should be good. And yeah the only way you can relocate your res outside the tent is if you simply run tubing from the flood pump in your res to the table and run a drain line from the table to the res (unless you use the same line and let it drain back through the flood line after the pump shuts off, depending on how its set up it should be doable. It just depends on how much effort/investment you want to make. A bonus though would be that if you move the res outside the tent, you should be able to lower the table some and get more space for the plantsa nd light. If i missed anything just let me know, otherwise get back to me and let me know what youre feeding them.
happy growing
DwJ

DazedNconfused78

DazedNconfused78

It comes with everything you need brother. I would however recommend getting a length of airline. I put mine in a 55gal res and the included airline barely made it out the top😂
Cool. I have some airline already too
Hey ok gwt a lux meter from google play for tour phone (or apple whatever if thats your choice) seedlings to young clones should get 5000-8000 lux , in veg 25k - 35k lux and i kep bloom around 85k lux (light burn can occur over 84,000 lux with some strains) Before anyone jumps on me, i know, i know its not so much the lux that matters to the plants but its the wavelengths and PPFS they care about but using a lux meter gives you an *approximate* idea of the the intensity of visible light. Just like how PAR does NOT account for/measure IR or UV light. If an LED light only gives PAR values and not PPFD, its a sign to stay away. A good LED should also include 380nm (UV-B) diodes to get the best results. Anyways, get a lux meter app, (unless you have a quantum light meter or can drop upwards of 2000 bucks on one) and measure the light at the top of the canopy. This will at least give you an idea. Oh and your nute setup sounds fine to me now, but maybe you can tell me what youre feeding them? Also, IF you start to see a tiny bit of nute burn now, it *could* just finally be presenting the symptoms of the crazy high EC. Some toxicities take 2 weeks to show and some deficiencies dont show until its been a problem for 4 weeks or more (im talking about you Mg). It sounds like you should be good. And yeah the only way you can relocate your res outside the tent is if you simply run tubing from the flood pump in your res to the table and run a drain line from the table to the res (unless you use the same line and let it drain back through the flood line after the pump shuts off, depending on how its set up it should be doable. It just depends on how much effort/investment you want to make. A bonus though would be that if you move the res outside the tent, you should be able to lower the table some and get more space for the plantsa nd light. If i missed anything just let me know, otherwise get back to me and let me know what youre feeding them.
happy growing
DwJ
I have a square res. Its not one of those upright standing ones. I don't get how i would pump the water back into the res. Im feeding advanced nutrients micro grow bloom right now.

DreamwalkerJ

DreamwalkerJ

Cool. I have some airline already too

I have a square res. Its not one of those upright standing ones. I don't get how i would pump the water back into the res. Im feeding advanced nutrients micro grow bloom right now.
Well, you could always just buy an upright 55 gallon drum with lid off ama zon for $119 canadian, not sure which country youre in. And the water drains from your table somehow, right? Theres 1 of 3 ways that i am familiar with: 1. The table drains through a whole in the bottom and drops straight into the res. 2. The flood pump flood the res and as soon as the pump shuts off, gravity drains the water back down through the flood line. 3. There is a flood pump that flood the table and then (usually on timers) a seperate drain pump in the table pumps the water back to the res.
So if its #1 and there is just a drain hole in the bottom of the table, it wouldnt be difficult or terribly expensive to put a barbed fitting with an o-ring in the hole so you can attach a hose to the barbed fitting and run it through an inline pump to your res. If its #2, then just run the drain hose to your res through a booster pump (or any inline pump). And #3, well #3 was a customized setup in which case you just run the drain hose to your res, but i dont think #3 is a common setup, at all.

If none of this works for you, or if ive missed something, just let me know.
As for your plants/nutrients, go to the AN website and they have feedcharts there. I personally use Gen Hydro nutes so am not too familar but IME go by the feedcharts just cut them in half

DazedNconfused78

DazedNconfused78

Pretty su
Well, you could always just buy an upright 55 gallon drum with lid off ama zon for $119 canadian, not sure which country youre in. And the water drains from your table somehow, right? Theres 1 of 3 ways that i am familiar with: 1. The table drains through a whole in the bottom and drops straight into the res. 2. The flood pump flood the res and as soon as the pump shuts off, gravity drains the water back down through the flood line. 3. There is a flood pump that flood the table and then (usually on timers) a seperate drain pump in the table pumps the water back to the res.
So if its #1 and there is just a drain hole in the bottom of the table, it wouldnt be difficult or terribly expensive to put a barbed fitting with an o-ring in the hole so you can attach a hose to the barbed fitting and run it through an inline pump to your res. If its #2, then just run the drain hose to your res through a booster pump (or any inline pump). And #3, well #3 was a customized setup in which case you just run the drain hose to your res, but i dont think #3 is a common setup, at all.

If none of this works for you, or if ive missed something, just let me know.
As for your plants/nutrients, go to the AN website and they have feedcharts there. I personally use Gen Hydro nutes so am not too familar but IME go by the feedcharts just cut them in half
Pretty sure number 3 is what i would have to do actually. I van get one of those venturi pumps to pump it in. And an inline pump to pump it back into the top of my res. That might work.
As far as the nutes go. I have heard lot of bad things about advanced nutrients. Someone suggested jacks 321 or mega crop. Or maxicrop. Can't quite remember. So i am thinking about switching already. Any thoughts on wht to use for beneficial microbes?

DreamwalkerJ

DreamwalkerJ

For bennies i would go with raw but @Dirtbag would be the guy to ask if you still want to use them. OK so, in nature, the bennies in the soil break down stuff in the soil thay the plant can use as food as well as keep the roots healthy. Since ihydroponics uses synthetic (and usually chelated) nutrients, the bennies are kinda redundant in this sense because the chelates in the nutrients actually lower the molar weight of the heavy elements making it WAY WAY WAY easier for the plants to suck up nutrients. IMHO (if someone else more educated on this subject wants to chime in, nows the time 😁) the only benefit you get from the bennies in hydro is they might help keep the roots clean and healthy However, adding innoculants to hydro is (again IMHO) a bad idea because any time there is a living organism or organics in your res, it puts you at a very high risk of developing pathogens in your system NOT GOOD. Plus, there id usually something in most hydro nutes that will kill off the bennies anyways. Personnaly i just use hydrogen peroxide in my res. It keeps the system clean, keeps the roots clean, and keeps pathogens from findinf a way into the system.

Now about nutrients. Honestly, i highly rexommend General Hydroponics. The flora series. There are a few things you reallly dont need but the stuff i HIGHLY recommend you get is: the GH Flora trio.. it comes with Micro, Gro, and Bloom, technically speaking, the flora trio has everything yoi *need* to grow decent plants. If you want to step up your game though then get Armor Si, it adds silicates which improves plant immune function, strucural strength, resistance to mold and pests, resistant to lenvironmental stresses, to name a few benefits. Floralicious Plus. I would say this is absolutely a MUST HAVE. Floralicious Plus has all kinds of organics in it like seaweed, humic acid, fulvic acid and a bunch of other stuff. The plants absolutley love this smelly shit. I call it the dark stank. Its a great foliar spray in veg and for clones/seedlings. It has extremely low NPK so its safe for the little girls and the LOVE it. Also, because Floralicious Plus has chelates in it, it drastically increases how much nites you olants are able to absorb. Once you start givong them the F+ you should cut your nutes in half.. theres only 2 other things i recommend and they are RapidStart, which is AMAZING for root growth. Works great on seedlings/clones. And the other is liquid koolbloom.liquid koolbloom is a bloom booster, you start adding it around half way through flower and it really fattens those buds up. OK SO if you go with General Hydroponics then you *should* get;
Armor Si
CaliMagic
The Flora Trio (micro, gro, bloom)
Liquid koolbloom
RapidStart
Floralicious plus
These are the nutrients i would recommend to get some serious bids. The floralicious plus is expensive but you only use 1ml per gallon so the 1 quart bottle can do roughly 945 gallons (without using any as a foliar spray, bit the love it if you do).
Just follow the gen hydro feedchart on their website. I highly recommend you statt with the "low" strength measurements. Ive attached a link to the feedcharts, you want to download the 6-part feed chart. I hope this all helps you. If theres anything else, just message. Happy growing
DwJ
https://generalhydroponics.com/resources/floraseries-feedcharts/ and download the 6-part feedchart. Oh and good news, gen hydro is less expensive than advanced nutrients. Ive been using gen hydro for years and they've never given me a reason to look elsewhere.

DazedNconfused78

DazedNconfused78

For bennies i would go with raw but @Dirtbag would be the guy to ask if you still want to use them. OK so, in nature, the bennies in the soil break down stuff in the soil thay the plant can use as food as well as keep the roots healthy. Since ihydroponics uses synthetic (and usually chelated) nutrients, the bennies are kinda redundant in this sense because the chelates in the nutrients actually lower the molar weight of the heavy elements making it WAY WAY WAY easier for the plants to suck up nutrients. IMHO (if someone else more educated on this subject wants to chime in, nows the time 😁) the only benefit you get from the bennies in hydro is they might help keep the roots clean and healthy However, adding innoculants to hydro is (again IMHO) a bad idea because any time there is a living organism or organics in your res, it puts you at a very high risk of developing pathogens in your system NOT GOOD. Plus, there id usually something in most hydro nutes that will kill off the bennies anyways. Personnaly i just use hydrogen peroxide in my res. It keeps the system clean, keeps the roots clean, and keeps pathogens from findinf a way into the system.

Now about nutrients. Honestly, i highly rexommend General Hydroponics. The flora series. There are a few things you reallly dont need but the stuff i HIGHLY recommend you get is: the GH Flora trio.. it comes with Micro, Gro, and Bloom, technically speaking, the flora trio has everything yoi *need* to grow decent plants. If you want to step up your game though then get Armor Si, it adds silicates which improves plant immune function, strucural strength, resistance to mold and pests, resistant to lenvironmental stresses, to name a few benefits. Floralicious Plus. I would say this is absolutely a MUST HAVE. Floralicious Plus has all kinds of organics in it like seaweed, humic acid, fulvic acid and a bunch of other stuff. The plants absolutley love this smelly shit. I call it the dark stank. Its a great foliar spray in veg and for clones/seedlings. It has extremely low NPK so its safe for the little girls and the LOVE it. Also, because Floralicious Plus has chelates in it, it drastically increases how much nites you olants are able to absorb. Once you start givong them the F+ you should cut your nutes in half.. theres only 2 other things i recommend and they are RapidStart, which is AMAZING for root growth. Works great on seedlings/clones. And the other is liquid koolbloom.liquid koolbloom is a bloom booster, you start adding it around half way through flower and it really fattens those buds up. OK SO if you go with General Hydroponics then you *should* get;
Armor Si
CaliMagic
The Flora Trio (micro, gro, bloom)
Liquid koolbloom
RapidStart
Floralicious plus
These are the nutrients i would recommend to get some serious bids. The floralicious plus is expensive but you only use 1ml per gallon so the 1 quart bottle can do roughly 945 gallons (without using any as a foliar spray, bit the love it if you do).
Just follow the gen hydro feedchart on their website. I highly recommend you statt with the "low" strength measurements. Ive attached a link to the feedcharts, you want to download the 6-part feed chart. I hope this all helps you. If theres anything else, just message. Happy growing
DwJ
https://generalhydroponics.com/resources/floraseries-feedcharts/ and download the 6-part feedchart. Oh and good news, gen hydro is less expensive than advanced nutrients. Ive been using gen hydro for years and they've never given me a reason to look elsewhere.
Holy crap! Your a huge help. Thanks!

DazedNconfused78

DazedNconfused78

I think next grow i am going to use one submersible pump to pump the nutrients into the table and an inline pump to pump it back into the res. Or maybe a soil grow. Nobody does hydro like this around here. I really want to make this work. And i have put some $$$ into it. The res. Which in the end might not be needed feels like a waste of money if that ends up the case. I want to try soil. But i don't want to regularly do that. We need to be a bigger community so that i can meet people near me that are doing the same thing. Can you tell how my plants are doing from the pics at all? Front right plant is bruce banner. The rest are planet of the grapes. The two in the back on the first pic i didnt top. The rest i did. Now i notice instead of a 7 leaf. They both have 9 leaves coming in. Bad signal. Grrrr. Sending pics.

DreamwalkerJ

DreamwalkerJ

I think next grow i am going to use one submersible pump to pump the nutrients into the table and an inline pump to pump it back into the res. Or maybe a soil grow. Nobody does hydro like this around here. I really want to make this work. And i have put some $$$ into it. The res. Which in the end might not be needed feels like a waste of money if that ends up the case. I want to try soil. But i don't want to regularly do that. We need to be a bigger community so that i can meet people near me that are doing the same thing. Can you tell how my plants are doing from the pics at all? Front right plant is bruce banner. The rest are planet of the grapes. The two in the back on the first pic i didnt top. The rest i did. Now i notice instead of a 7 leaf. They both have 9 leaves coming in. Bad signal. Grrrr. Sending pics.
Im in ontario canada, in a small town too. I know all about the lack of hydro resources LOL. And remember with soil, you need to buy all that soil. Every time. Soil also attracts way more pests growing indoors. Personally i think you should sell your res on kijiji or craigslist or whatever the fuck and use an upright 55gallon drum that you keep iutside the tent. Its only about 120 bucks canadian for the barrel. Even a rain barrel will work as long as you have a lid/cover for it. And no. More blades on the leaves are a GOOD thing. Plants only do thay when they are happy and can handle more light. It means they are growing very well. Its important to note that the number of lobes on a leaf can be genetic but the general rule about happiness still applies. I had an outdoor plant a long while ago that got too much phosphorus and under the summer sun she statyed growing leaves with only 1 lobe to them and they werent serrated. It looked like the plant was monstercropped and going back into veg. And yeah gimme a sec to look at those pics

DazedNconfused78

DazedNconfused78

First 2 pics are yesterday. 2nd 2 pics are just now. Lights are out. And last pic are 2 purple cheese autos. i think. Those
i have under my bed. We will see on those.
20210511 202003
20210511 201932

Latest posts

Top Bottom