Been having a few problems

• Thread starter DazedNconfused78
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
DreamwalkerJ

DreamwalkerJ

And this is why you get the big bucks. Good advice. Thank you. I added some kool bloom to the res. That's a phosphorus potassium and sulfur product i believe. Hopefully they will be fine since i put it in a little early.
Oh yeah. I did a little experiment last year and started giving it to the outdoor plants at week 5 and then started giving them the full dose at week 6.šŸ¤£šŸ¤£ i wanted to see how much she could take. So yeah i think youll be ok lol. Justt watch for tip burn, thats all. If you start to see tip burn just back off the koolbloom a bit.

DreamwalkerJ

DreamwalkerJ

Oh nice! If i grow some good resinous buds every time i just might have to buy that press from you. That is very pretty right there.
Yeah man, sulfur makes a difference. But ultimately, it comes down to genetics. If the genes are shit it doesnt really matter what you feed it. The opposite is also true, good genes can get wasted on bad growersšŸ¤£. I like to look for strains that have a lot of terpenes, they usually do very well for extraction.

DazedNconfused78

DazedNconfused78

Oh yeah. I did a little experiment last year and started giving it to the outdoor plants at week 5 and then started giving them the full dose at week 6.šŸ¤£šŸ¤£ i wanted to see how much she could take. So yeah i think youll be ok lol. Justt watch for tip burn, thats all. If you start to see tip burn just back off the koolbloom a bit.
Little bit of tip burn this morning at lights on. I can't really add any extra water to cut down the ppm. I just topped the res off yesterday.

DazedNconfused78

DazedNconfused78

Little bit of tip burn this morning at lights on. I can't really add any extra water to cut down the ppm. I just topped the res off yesterday.
I have my lights at 90%. Can i maybe turn those down for a day or two to take care of the tip burn? Or am i going to have to add water instead?

DreamwalkerJ

DreamwalkerJ

I have my lights at 90%. Can i maybe turn those down for a day or two to take care of the tip burn? Or am i going to have to add water instead?
Just take a couple gallons out and add water. Its only slight burn right now so its not too intense. What are your ppm like? I would leave the light and just remove a couple gallons from the res and add fresh water.. however, the tiny tip burn CAN be because the koolbloom shocked them a bit (which it is designed to do) so it shocked them at first but the plant can adjust. If the tip burn is only that slight (1/32") then before doing anything i would watch and see if the tip burn gets any worse. If it gets ANY worse then i would water down the res, but if it doesnt get worse then youre fine.

Last edited:
DazedNconfused78

DazedNconfused78

Just take a couple gallons out and add water. Its only slight burn right now so its not too intense. What are your ppm like? I would leave the light and just remove a couple gallons from the res and add fresh water.. however, the tiny tip burn CAN be because the koolbloom shocked them a bit (which it is designed to do) so it shocked them at first but the plant can adjust. If the tip burn is only that slight (1/32") then before doing anything i would watch and see if the tip burn gets any worse. If it gets ANY worse then i would water down the res, but if it doesnt get worse then youre fine.

And i mean just barely a tip burn so far. Maybe 1/32 of an inch
Its ok. The plants are fine. The burn doesn't seem to have gone any further. Got some ok trich pics though with a clip on microscope for my phone camera.

20210628 183216
20210628 184111
Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
Can i do ANY defoliating in the 5th week of flower? So many leaves!
Sure, you can do anything you like actually. Post up some pics would be helpful, it's always a judgement call IMO.

This is a highly charged subject, ask a dozen people, and you'll probably get half dozen different answers on this one.

I'm kinda against doing defol actually, but that said, I do often start to do so in the later flowering stages, as the canopy really thickens up, so that the bottoms can get some light. Usually depends on how the grow progresses for me, and the strain in question, some simply get much thicker than others.

It also helps with ripening uniformity toward the end, IMO. Getting those lower spots ripened on par with the tops, either that, or simply harvest in layers.

DazedNconfused78

DazedNconfused78

Sure, you can do anything you like actually. Post up some pics would be helpful, it's always a judgement call IMO.

This is a highly charged subject, ask a dozen people, and you'll probably get half dozen different answers on this one.

I'm kinda against doing defol actually, but that said, I do often start to do so in the later flowering stages, as the canopy really thickens up, so that the bottoms can get some light. Usually depends on how the grow progresses for me, and the strain in question, some simply get much thicker than others.

It also helps with ripening uniformity toward the end, IMO. Getting those lower spots ripened on par with the tops, either that, or simply harvest in layers.
Second pic was a few days ago. They are bigger now.

20210701 143702 05
DreamwalkerJ

DreamwalkerJ

A couple of trichome pics too from yesterday.
Look for the "skybasic digital microscope" on amazon. It works amazing with any device that has wireless. Heres a couple pics i took with mine. Anyone else notice that one of the trichomes looks like a dick?!? Lol.
20210425 234756
2021 04 23 203215

Anyone think the trichs in this last pick look a little groovy??? Is this what we would have seen if we bothered to use a loupe/magnifier on our weed in the 60's?? šŸ¤£šŸ¤£ (assuming we didnt harvest too soon because "all the hairs are orange so she MUST be ready") LOL
Screenshot 20201007 180307

EDIT: The digital microscope i am talking about is also incredibly useful for determining pest infestation/mould issues. Its around 50 bucks canadian and worth every penny. No more trying to hold a loupe over your phone camera. Just connect to your phone wifi and away you go (you do need to download a free app from google play to use the microscope)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom