Been having a few problems

• Thread starter DazedNconfused78
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
DazedNconfused78

DazedNconfused78

That makes perfect sense. When ppm/ec is dropping and pH is going up, that means the plants are actually eating more than they are drinking. Thats a good thing. If its dropping that fast, i would check again in 24 hours and its down another 200 ppm / 6.5pH then i would top back up to 1000ppm. Its weird though, 1000ppm seems kinda high for veg to me, what you think @Aqua Man ? Either way, different strains like different things. If they are eating it, then let them have it. If the signs are telling you they want more, then give them more. Carefully.
160 or so of the ppm is my tap water

DazedNconfused78

DazedNconfused78

That makes perfect sense. When ppm/ec is dropping and pH is going up, that means the plants are actually eating more than they are drinking. Thats a good thing. If its dropping that fast, i would check again in 24 hours and its down another 200 ppm / 6.5pH then i would top back up to 1000ppm. Its weird though, 1000ppm seems kinda high for veg to me, what you think @Aqua Man ? Either way, different strains like different things. If they are eating it, then let them have it. If the signs are telling you they want more, then give them more. Carefully.
And top up with veg nutes? For two weeks? Then redo the res with bloom nutes. Then top that off for 2 weeks with bloom nutes? Then change res and do that again?

DreamwalkerJ

DreamwalkerJ

And top up with veg nutes? For two weeks? Then redo the res with bloom nutes. Then top that off for 2 weeks with bloom nutes? Then change res and do that again?
No. Keep the veg nutes until you switch to 12/12. Once you switch to 12/12, then you start topping up with bloom nutes. Probably about 2 weeks into bloom is when you should be changing the res with full bloom nutes. But from the day you switch to bloom, you start adding bloom nute top ups to the veg res, then roughly 2 weeks into bloom, change the res with bloom nutes.

DazedNconfused78

DazedNconfused78

No. Keep the veg nutes until you switch to 12/12. Once you switch to 12/12, then you start topping up with bloom nutes. Probably about 2 weeks into bloom is when you should be changing the res with full bloom nutes. But from the day you switch to bloom, you start adding bloom nute top ups to the veg res, then roughly 2 weeks into bloom, change the res with bloom nutes.
Ok. I almost did it right. I kept the veg nutes schedule. So thats good. I will top up with only bloom nutes untul its time to change my res and then go to full bloom nutes. Shit! I think i might get this. My plants look great today. Even the one i cut 2 branches off of.

A dispensary just opened about a block from me. I wanna get the owner to come look at my plants. Hes a botanist. They have a huge grow house in Missouri usa somewhere. Maybe he would give me a job. There is still plenty of time for me to kill my plants. I know. 🤣🤣🤣

Shit! I thought i sent this message. 🤣🤣🤣
Anyway! A couple of my plants are showing signs of i think nitrogen deficiency. The tips of the leaves are turning colors. Ill try to get pics to load.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Plants looking great... the fact they are eating well means they are very healthy. It's a good sign that the ph is rising and ppm falling. Did you read my top up thread?

Think you got this all rocking now bro. 1 tip is don't go full bloom nutes. Stay at transition (50/50) grow bloom until about week 4-5 and can even go the full grow.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Ok. I almost did it right. I kept the veg nutes schedule. So thats good. I will top up with only bloom nutes untul its time to change my res and then go to full bloom nutes. Shit! I think i might get this. My plants look great today. Even the one i cut 2 branches off of.

A dispensary just opened about a block from me. I wanna get the owner to come look at my plants. Hes a botanist. They have a huge grow house in Missouri usa somewhere. Maybe he would give me a job. There is still plenty of time for me to kill my plants. I know. 🤣🤣🤣

Shit! I thought i sent this message. 🤣🤣🤣
Anyway! A couple of my plants are showing signs of i think nitrogen deficiency. The tips of the leaves are turning colors. Ill try to get pics to load.
Ppm maybe a bit high? I would stick to 1.2-1.4 EC light may need back off a little until fixed. During stretch the need nitrogen more than ever to support the explosive growth and big increase in photosynthesis, imo stay full veg nutes until end of week 2 then switch to transition.

The shiny leaves kinda tells me your feeding ta bit to high ppm and your issues are more nutrient ratio related.

DreamwalkerJ

DreamwalkerJ

Ppm maybe a bit high? I would stick to 1.2-1.4 EC light may need back off a little until fixed. During stretch the need nitrogen more than ever to support the explosive growth and big increase in photosynthesis, imo stay full veg nutes until end of week 2 then switch to transition.

The shiny leaves kinda tells me your feeding ta bit to high ppm and your issues are more nutrient ratio related.
What he said ⬆️ 🤣 hello gents! Your plants are looking fantastic bro.

DreamwalkerJ

DreamwalkerJ

Just to add something, heres a pics (sorry if ive shown you already) but it shows the plants nutrient needs and how they change for each week of life. The pic shows a 4 week veg and then flower. Notice the demand for nitrogen is, like Aqua said the highest during early bloom. Then as the nitrogen and phosphorus taper off, the potassium increases. There are 2 things that will help the quality of your buds immensely
higher potassium near the last few weeks will help them really harden up in the last couple weeks and sulphur. Sulphur is the main nutrient required for the production of essential oils. More sulphur usually means more resins, but since sulphur isnt water soluble you need a creative way of adding it. Epsom salt - Mg2SO4 has lots of sulphur. It also has magnesium. OR you could use sulphuric acid as your pH down, that would do it too. SEE... @Aqua Man ,, i know stuff too🤣🤣🤣

DreamwalkerJ

DreamwalkerJ

Heya brother been busy af lately.. how ya been?
Same here. This is the first year ever im not doing any outdoor. So all that extra prep is going into my new basement perpetual. Setting it up in modular 5 gallon e/f buckets so i have 24 buckets in veg tent and as soon as theyre ready, i lift the inner bucket out and carry them to the flower tent and drop them in. Easy peasy rosin squeezy. 24 in veg and 24 in flower. My veg time is the same as my flower time - cloning. Looks like im doing blue dream, sour blueberry, master kush and pink kush this cycle. You know, since SOMEONE never got back to me about the cake n chem cuttings......🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

DazedNconfused78

DazedNconfused78

If i still drank....For sure! But you guys can drink mine for me. I'll stick to the smoke!🤪😜🤯🤣🤣

DazedNconfused78

DazedNconfused78

Had to buy a dehumidifier. Of course. Thses plants will take off now. They need to stretch a bunch and create some space between everything. Then in a few weeks im gonna get that tripp lite air conditioner and pump some really cold dry air into that tent. And hopefully buy a couple 4 foot black lights.

DazedNconfused78

DazedNconfused78

Had to buy a dehumidifier. Of course. Thses plants will take off now. They need to stretch a bunch and create some space between everything. Then in a few weeks im gonna get that tripp lite air conditioner and pump some really cold dry air into that tent. And hopefully buy a ×9 foot black lights.
This damn humidity is killing me. Now its fluctuating between almost 45% to almost 60% every time the dehumidifier cycles on and off. I had it outside the tent underneath my bed. Too hot to sleep like that for 1 and it creates alot of extra heat i don't need in my tenti would really like it outside of my tent.

Maybe inside a big cardboard box? Cut a hole in one side for the dehumidifier intake and then use my intake fan to pull that sir into the tent?

You guys got any ideas?

freezeland2

freezeland2

This damn humidity is killing me. Now its fluctuating between almost 45% to almost 60% every time the dehumidifier cycles on and off. I had it outside the tent underneath my bed. Too hot to sleep like that for 1 and it creates alot of extra heat i don't need in my tenti would really like it outside of my tent.

Maybe inside a big cardboard box? Cut a hole in one side for the dehumidifier intake and then use my intake fan to pull that sir into the tent?

You guys got any ideas?
Would be a major PITA to dump the collection tank on the dehumidifier in a box unless it has an auto drain feature. Can you get another in-line fan and pump cooler air in from outside the tent.

DazedNconfused78

DazedNconfused78

Would be a major PITA to dump the collection tank on the dehumidifier in a box unless it has an auto drain feature. Can you get another in-line fan and pump cooler air in from outside the tent.
I would go and buy a box with some sort of top on it. Where i just lift it out. Empty. And done. And then put the top back on it. Put something around the edge to maybe help seal it

Anthem

Anthem

You guys got any ideas?
If you are seeing those kind of fluctuations take a look at the owners manual and see if there is any way to change the set points, meaning see if you can adjust the cycle. Turns on at 3 percent higher than set or something like that. It should not be cycling that drastically. It should stay within a few percentage points. I know some have the ability to change the set points, again this means you can set the unit to come on when the humidity is a certain percentage above the desired set point.

Top Bottom