Been having a few problems

• Thread starter DazedNconfused78
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

This. I use a Hydro-X the same way. Remember you have three mechanisms for controlling humidity. Humidifier, Dehumidifier, exhaust fan. A controller allows you to use all 3 pieces in concert and once you figure it out its rock solid. For me there is nothing sweeter than being in the grow room, lights on and nothing running but the circulation fans. No exhaust, no humidifiers and no heat. Everything nicely in balance. When I am tuned right, like now, it will be like that for 5 minutes.. then 5 minutes exhaust... then quiet again. Minimal electricity, minimal use of my carbon filter.
Yeah mine is sealed... most often it's my ac running later in grows... my plants transpiration rates are pretty nutty. 4 plants in a 4x4 were putting out over 5 gal of water a day... that and the autofeed was why I put in a condensate pump... never have to worry about the dehuey being full... its a 70 pint but the holding tank is like a gal or 2 and would have to empty the fucker a million times a day. I then put it on a 5 gal pail and ran the hose but even then I had to empty over once a day and if I forgot it was a mess.

Anthem

Anthem

I went thru the tread and I did not see a cover on the rez if there is that is not part of the problem. I think I have an idea of what is happening, I am guessing you have some sort of a temperature/ humidity probe in the tent and you are seeing it go from 43 to 63 percent humidity. You also have those infinity fans that are programable. If they have the ability to just run continuously set one up like that and run the vent into the room and turn off the other one for now. I think what is happening is you are making a micro climate in the tent and the fans are actually working against you. If this pans out you will just need to figure out how to exhaust out the window on a preset time frame. Because if you leave it the way I am asking you to run it, the plants are going to eat up all of the CO2 in the air.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I went thru the tread and I did not see a cover on the rez if there is that is not part of the problem. I think I have an idea of what is happening, I am guessing you have some sort of a temperature/ humidity probe in the tent and you are seeing it go from 43 to 63 percent humidity. You also have those infinity fans that are programable. If they have the ability to just run continuously set one up like that and run the vent into the room and turn off the other one for now. I think what is happening is you are making a micro climate in the tent and the fans are actually working against you. If this pans out you will just need to figure out how to exhaust out the window on a preset time frame. Because if you leave it the way I am asking you to run it, the plants are going to eat up all of the CO2 in the air.
100% agree with all of this.. and think the real issue is the exhaust fan... that much fluctuation usually means a small space with to little air exchange.

DazedNconfused78

DazedNconfused78

I think i fixed it. I'm gonna try to get a pic to load. Lights are off right now. Till 7am. I have a 6 inch exhaust going to a window fan. Then inhave a 4 inch intake ac infinity fan. The humidity in our house was 56% just to start. Before i got the dehumidifier. My internet sucks. Sorry it took me so long
Screenshot 20210603 215421 AC Infinity
guys. And i have 4 kids. Alot going on around here.

DreamwalkerJ

DreamwalkerJ

This damn dehumidifier has a 3 minute shut off delay on it. That sucks. Because of course every time it shuts off when it gets to the right humidity it goes right back up to like 60%rh or whatever its at after 3 minutes. It went from 45 to 63 in three minutes.
Thats a wild fluctuation. Is it only during dark hours or light hours? Just brainstorming here but these RH fluctuaction, do they line up with your flood/drain times? Im just trying to think if there is some common denominator that youre not noticing?

DazedNconfused78

DazedNconfused78

Thats a wild fluctuation. Is it only during dark hours or light hours? Just brainstorming here but these RH fluctuaction, do they line up with your flood/drain times? Im just trying to think if there is some common denominator that youre not
The only reason for the fluctuation was i was emptying the res in the dehumidifier. Other than that now its only a degree or so difference with the average at 54.8 or so. I have my intake and exhaust both set to 55%. And they are turning on and off like thet are supposed to now. My controller has logged 23 times that it has come on since 1104.(24 minutes. That's once a minute)
Oh. And they were being flooded just now too

Screenshot 20210603 232452 AC Infinity
DazedNconfused78

DazedNconfused78

I think the whole problem is the res in the tent. Next time around im building the platform for the tent and not the flood table and putting the flood table right on the floor of my tent. And then the res will be below the tent still but outside of the tent. And i gaun about 13 inches of grow height

DazedNconfused78

DazedNconfused78

Yeah mine is sealed... most often it's my ac running later in grows... my plants transpiration rates are pretty nutty. 4 plants in a 4x4 were putting out over 5 gal of water a day... that and the autofeed was why I put in a condensate pump... never have to worry about the dehuey being full... its a 70 pint but the holding tank is like a gal or 2 and would have to empty the fucker a million times a day. I then put it on a 5 gal pail and ran the hose but even then I had to empty over once a day and if I forgot it was a mess.
This is what mine is doing now. Again. It comes and goes it seems like. But yes. I love the perfect harmony in there. Only the oscillating fan running inside.

DazedNconfused78

DazedNconfused78

The tent is running perfect. It ran at 55 rh all night while lights were off. I turn the intake up one notch and it went right down to 51 rh for lights on. And i am almost 100% positive it will still be at 51 rh when i get home from work.🤞

DreamwalkerJ

DreamwalkerJ

The tent is running perfect. It ran at 55 rh all night while lights were off. I turn the intake up one notch and it went right down to 51 rh for lights on. And i am almost 100% positive it will still be at 51 rh when i get home from work.🤞
Good to hear bro. You'll be amazed at the growth rates when the plants have perfect (or near perfect) equilibrium. All you need now is a little CO2, an Exhale XL bag would work great in a 4x4 if you want to try it out. All you need to do is hang the bag above the plants. Easy peasy, resin squeezy. 😁🤣. Looking good bud, glad you got the RH thing solved. I knew somebody other than me would help you🤣🤣🤣 im getting excited for you, they look about ready for the switch to 12/12.

DazedNconfused78

DazedNconfused78

Good to hear bro. You'll be amazed at the growth rates when the plants have perfect (or near perfect) equilibrium. All you need now is a little CO2, an Exhale XL bag would work great in a 4x4 if you want to try it out. All you need to do is hang the bag above the plants. Easy peasy, resin squeezy. 😁🤣. Looking good bud, glad you got the RH thing solved. I knew somebody other than me would help you🤣🤣🤣 im getting excited for you, they look about ready for the switch to 12/12.
Thanks man. I already switched. On May 30th. Those bags last quite awhile too right?

DazedNconfused78

DazedNconfused78

Check this shit out!
This is my first time trying clones. 4 bruce banner and 4 planet of the grapes.
I hate to throw them out. It was really just to see if i could do it. And i don't have the room. Kinda makes me sad. So i think i am going to transplant them into some soil. Any suggestions? And then veg them for 1 week and put them into flower. They are in my closet right now and are at a perfect temp. It stays 73 degrees in there constantly with a fan in there. Veg for a week and get healthy and then then straight into flower. Just seeing what i can do.
@DreamwalkerJ and @Aqua Man

20210604 205338
20210604 205613
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Check this shit out!
This is my first time trying clones. 4 bruce banner and 4 planet of the grapes.
I hate to throw them out. It was really just to see if i could do it. And i don't have the room. Kinda makes me sad. So i think i am going to transplant them into some soil. Any suggestions? And then veg them for 1 week and put them into flower. They are in my closet right now and are at a perfect temp. It stays 73 degrees in there constantly with a fan in there. Veg for a week and get healthy and then then straight into flower. Just seeing what i can do.
@DreamwalkerJ and @Aqua Man
Yeah why not... get em some food though.

DazedNconfused78

DazedNconfused78

Yeah why not... get em some food though.
I have been feeding a diluted mix of nutes. I thought it was maybe a quarter strength. It might be less. I feed it a little heavier. I was actually keeping about an eight inch of it in there for over a week. They didn't seem like they were doing good. So i sucked it all out of there and then just sprayed them for a couple of days and boom. There were the roots.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I have been feeding a diluted mix of nutes. I thought it was maybe a quarter strength. It might be less. I feed it a little heavier. I was actually keeping about an eight inch of it in there for over a week. They didn't seem like they were doing good. So i sucked it all out of there and then just sprayed them for a couple of days and boom. There were the roots.
Reduce the light also... looks like maybe over watered and nute uptake is not enough.

Latest posts

Top Bottom