Been having a few problems

• Thread starter DazedNconfused78
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
DazedNconfused78

DazedNconfused78

So im not the only one who wakes up and checks the farm eh? 🤣👍🏻
Lol. Heck no your not! I make sure they are ok before bed and when i wake up. Sometimes I'm better about making sure they are ok than my kids. 👀👀🤣🤣 I actually think they are ok right now. I haven't opened the root zone for about a week. I Usually try to do all my extra stuff on the weekend. That way i have all day. Other than ph and that sort of stuff.

DazedNconfused78

DazedNconfused78

I will try and load some pics. Fucking Branson Missouri internet sucks. Tourist town. I bought some garden netting. I am going to put some down low. Tie training wire to it. Then i am going to take a second layer and smash my girls down and train them thru the netting for the upper branches. My ppm is going down! It went down almost 100ppm. I didn't do anything to it. Its around 560 in the root zone while feeding. And ec is at around 1.2 still and ph is holding at around 6.1 while feeding. And and in both res and root zone while feeding. Its pretty bone dry in my root zone too after it floods except where the water should be. In the channels. And my res is down about 10 gallons from when i first mixed the nutes. Not bad! Nothing out of whack.
20210514 223602
Bruce Banner
20210514 223608
3 Planet of the Grapes
20210514 223622
my girl Bruce and 2 POTG behind her
So how about some pics? How are things going bro?

DazedNconfused78

DazedNconfused78

No weird smells or anything. Nothing musty smelling. My wife says it smells like a greenhouse. The only weird thing is my leaf temps. I bought a cheap brand of ir thermometer called "General". It says its accuracy is 3.5° +/- Kind of alot when we are only talking a few degrees to begin with. Anyway. I am assuming when mine says the leaf temp is 68 and my tent temp is 80 that the leaf temp is almost 72°. Because the plants look healthy. I just didn't get them trained properly fast enough. Just not knowing. Im learning though. Im gonna train these like i did my tomatoes. Inly I'm gonna smoke these tomatoes. Lmao🤣🤣🤣👀😜🤪I had a sweet pic of all my roots but the file is too large. I will get one tomorrow maybe

DreamwalkerJ

DreamwalkerJ

I will try and load some pics. Fucking Branson Missouri internet sucks. Tourist town. I bought some garden netting. I am going to put some down low. Tie training wire to it. Then i am going to take a second layer and smash my girls down and train them thru the netting for the upper branches. My ppm is going down! It went down almost 100ppm. I didn't do anything to it. Its around 560 in the root zone while feeding. And ec is at around 1.2 still and ph is holding at around 6.1 while feeding. And and in both res and root zone while feeding. Its pretty bone dry in my root zone too after it floods except where the water should be. In the channels. And my res is down about 10 gallons from when i first mixed the nutes. Not bad! Nothing out of whack.View attachment 1124450Bruce Banner View attachment 11244513 Planet of the Grapes View attachment 1124452my girl Bruce and 2 POTG behind her
Thays amazing. If your ppm is going down that means the girls are eating slightly more food than water
Its a very very good sign

DreamwalkerJ

DreamwalkerJ

You should really happy right now!!
From what you just wrote, that all means your plants are at or very close to EQUILIBRIUM! They are drinking water and eating the nutes almost evenly. This is when explosive growth happens. When equilibrium is reached, the plants grow as fast as they possibly can according to genetics, and on average they grow usually about 30% faster. Good job bud!

P.S. i just took another look at the pics you just took and those plants look real fucking healthy. Seriously, you really got your shit dialed in now. Awesome. Now i just need to teach you about flower because reaching equilibrium in flower is a little different as it needs more nutes, particularly phosphorus which lowers the pH usually. Here ive attached a pic that shows you how the plants nutrient needs change as they grow. The pic shows the different nutrients they need for each week of growth. Its divided into weeks 1,2,3,4 of veg and then the flowering weeks, it might help a bit.
1083510 200b65108a668499f023400df15f4018

Last edited:
DazedNconfused78

DazedNconfused78

You should really happy right now!!
From what you just wrote, that all means your plants are at or very close to EQUILIBRIUM! They are drinking water and eating the nutes almost evenly. This is when explosive growth happens. When equilibrium is reached, the plants grow as fast as they possibly can according to genetics, and on average they grow usually about 30% faster. Good job bud!
Thanks. I still need to get my res outside the tent. Maybe next grow. Im still getting the air conditioner. Oh. My res temp was just under 73°. So thats ok for now. And when i put that net on them tomorrow and weave them thru it they should really explode in growth. Should i up the nutes at all since they are in their 5th week of veg? Or just wait until i decide to flower them. Or a week before that or so?

DazedNconfused78

DazedNconfused78

Thanks. I still need to get my res outside the tent. Maybe next grow. Im still getting the air conditioner. Oh. My res temp was just under 73°. So thats ok for now. And when i put that net on them tomorrow and weave them thru it they should really explode in growth. Should i up the nutes at all since they are in their 5th week of veg? Or just wait until i decide to flower them. Or a week before that or so?
Every time i have trimmed them. In only a day or maybe 2 they start to come back. I did notice some more holes in one of the leave tonight too. What bugs eat leaves? Fungus gnats? I might have seen one. Not sure though. Well. I think it landed on my face.

DazedNconfused78

DazedNconfused78

And the stalks are bigger around than my pinky finger. Over a 1/4 of an inch wide. Seems thick for how short they are.

DreamwalkerJ

DreamwalkerJ

You actually want to keep giving them veg nutes for the first 10 days of lower. Personally what i do is after the first 10 days of flower i start topping up my res with bloom nutes instead of veg until ive added back the same volume as my res, so i keep 50 gallons in it so i start topping it up with bloom nutes until i have added about 50 gallons to it (takes about 2 weeks) By this time the res has now been completely replaced with bloom nutes and its now time for a res change, so now i change the res and add my full bloom nutes plus i start adding half strength PK boosters now too. Then 2 weeks later i increase the PK booster strength by adding more to the res. Then after another 2 weeks i start adding more potassium and less phosphorus to swell and harden the buds and i keep using this "ripening" res until the 2nd last week of flower. I do not flush. For the 2nd last week of flower i drop my ppm to about 300 and then they get 0ppm ice cold RO water for the last 3 days before harvest. If you flush for the last 2 weeks you are sacrificing up to 30% yield. The idea of flushing is bro science. It started from black market growers who didnt know science and didnt understand plants. They excessively over fed the plants (believing more nutes =more weed) so that when it came time to harvest they needed to give the plants 2 weeks to eat up all the extra shit they were giving them. But if you dont over feed and then you drop your ppm for the 2nd last week and give plain water for the last 3 days, you get clean white ash and beautiful smoke. Instead of starving the plant for the last 2 weeks, which is fucking stupid (sorry, but it is) you feed it just slight less than it needs to stay healthy, that way it isnt starving but it is also eating any mobile nutes left over in the plant tissues. Ain water for the last 3 days is sufficient. Think about it logically and take calcium for example. Calcium is an immobile nutrient once the plant eats it, the calcium becomes part of the cell walls. No amount of flushing is going to flush out THE CELL WALLS. Its the same as saying you got too much of a sunburn so drink lots and lots of water and it will flush the UV light out of your skin cells. NO! Just fucking NO! Sorry about that, im better now. I just really want to bring science to our industry after so long of nothing but urban legend, grower stories, and assumptions. There were a lot of things us legacy growers got wrong simply because we didnt know any better and researching this field was very risky in the 90s considering that whenever a weed grower tried to buy actual horticultural equipment or get soil/nutes/weed tested at a lab, they would take our money and then call the cops 🤣🤣🤣.

DreamwalkerJ

DreamwalkerJ

Every time i have trimmed them. In only a day or maybe 2 they start to come back. I did notice some more holes in one of the leave tonight too. What bugs eat leaves? Fungus gnats? I might have seen one. Not sure though. Well. I think it landed on my face.
Take some close up pics for me
Also i want you to pinch and crease/crinkle about an inch of one of the leaf tips. You dont want to tear it off but when leaves get pinched/creased they get scarred. There are bugs like leafminers that eat their way into the middle of the leaf and then in towards the stem but you would see long white trails where the fuckers ate a path through the leaf. Take some close up pics for me and show me what you are concerned about and i will let you know if ypu need to be concerned or not. Cool?

DreamwalkerJ

DreamwalkerJ

1 thing you can do just to be safe is pour some 3% peroxide into a spray bottle and soak those girls down. Make sure you spray the underside of the leaves too, thats where a lot of these fuck holes like to hide. But you can soak the plant with peroxide and she will actually like it. The peroxide adds an extra oxygen molecule to the water so bonus. If you see the peroxide foam up anywhere you spray, leave it alone. That means its steralizing something and usually that means its killing eggs.

DazedNconfused78

DazedNconfused78

1 thing you can do just to be safe is pour some 3% peroxide into a spray bottle and soak those girls down. Make sure you spray the underside of the leaves too, thats where a lot of these fuck holes like to hide. But you can soak the plant with peroxide and she will actually like it. The peroxide adds an extra oxygen molecule to the water so bonus. If you see the peroxide foam up anywhere you spray, leave it alone. That means its steralizing something and usually that means its killing eggs.
Straight 3% peroxide?

DazedNconfused78

DazedNconfused78

Take some close up pics for me
Also i want you to pinch and crease/crinkle about an inch of one of the leaf tips. You dont want to tear it off but when leaves get pinched/creased they get scarred. There are bugs like leafminers that eat their way into the middle of the leaf and then in towards the stem but you would see long white trails where the fuckers ate a path through the leaf. Take some close up pics for me and show me what you are concerned about and i will let you know if ypu need to be concerned or not. Cool?
Ok. And i pinched a leaf.

20210515 085015 03
20210515 090950 04
LexLuthor

LexLuthor

You actually want to keep giving them veg nutes for the first 10 days of lower. Personally what i do is after the first 10 days of flower i start topping up my res with bloom nutes instead of veg until ive added back the same volume as my res, so i keep 50 gallons in it so i start topping it up with bloom nutes until i have added about 50 gallons to it (takes about 2 weeks) By this time the res has now been completely replaced with bloom nutes and its now time for a res change, so now i change the res and add my full bloom nutes plus i start adding half strength PK boosters now too. Then 2 weeks later i increase the PK booster strength by adding more to the res. Then after another 2 weeks i start adding more potassium and less phosphorus to swell and harden the buds and i keep using this "ripening" res until the 2nd last week of flower. I do not flush. For the 2nd last week of flower i drop my ppm to about 300 and then they get 0ppm ice cold RO water for the last 3 days before harvest. If you flush for the last 2 weeks you are sacrificing up to 30% yield. The idea of flushing is bro science. It started from black market growers who didnt know science and didnt understand plants. They excessively over fed the plants (believing more nutes =more weed) so that when it came time to harvest they needed to give the plants 2 weeks to eat up all the extra shit they were giving them. But if you dont over feed and then you drop your ppm for the 2nd last week and give plain water for the last 3 days, you get clean white ash and beautiful smoke. Instead of starving the plant for the last 2 weeks, which is fucking stupid (sorry, but it is) you feed it just slight less than it needs to stay healthy, that way it isnt starving but it is also eating any mobile nutes left over in the plant tissues. Ain water for the last 3 days is sufficient. Think about it logically and take calcium for example. Calcium is an immobile nutrient once the plant eats it, the calcium becomes part of the cell walls. No amount of flushing is going to flush out THE CELL WALLS. Its the same as saying you got too much of a sunburn so drink lots and lots of water and it will flush the UV light out of your skin cells. NO! Just fucking NO! Sorry about that, im better now. I just really want to bring science to our industry after so long of nothing but urban legend, grower stories, and assumptions. There were a lot of things us legacy growers got wrong simply because we didnt know any better and researching this field was very risky in the 90s considering that whenever a weed grower tried to buy actual horticultural equipment or get soil/nutes/weed tested at a lab, they would take our money and then call the cops 🤣🤣🤣.

You are one of the few people I seen here who understands you can not flush nutrients out of the buds from running water thru the rhizosphere. It is extremely troubling to me that so much false science gets spewed around these forums. Once those nutrients are in the buds, water will not remove them. The only reason the leaves will die off from flushing is because the nutrients are being used for bud growth. I've seen tissue sample studies that show the EXACT SAME amount of nitrogen, phosphorous, potassium, etc. in the buds from plants that were flushed for 2 weeks and plants that were never flushed.

DazedNconfused78

DazedNconfused78

You are one of the few people I seen here who understands you can not flush nutrients out of the buds from running water thru the rhizosphere. It is extremely troubling to me that so much false science gets spewed around these forums. Once those nutrients are in the buds, water will not remove them. The only reason the leaves will die off from flushing is because the nutrients are being used for bud growth. I've seen tissue sample studies that show the EXACT SAME amount of nitrogen, phosphorous, potassium, etc. in the buds from plants that were flushed for 2 weeks and plants that were never flushed.
Question then....So I am using advanced nutrients. When i am in veg do i do the same type of thing? Inly feed veg nutrients? Or do i feed all 3 like it calls for? Or do i use the Lucas formula?

Top Bottom