Beginner’s Indoor Grow Journal

• Thread starter Kushy Tushy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Minitiger

Minitiger

also, if u can turn the pots 180 every day is a good thing...for light coverage, simple things like that work, ur plants will reward u in the end

That, or you could just move the plants every time you water (or every other day). So, like, that plant in the right-hand corner in the back row would get moved to the middle in the back row, wait two days, move it to the left-hand corner in the back row, wait two days then move it to the left-hand corner in the front two, then the middle in the front row etc etc. Basically 1 2 3 4 5 6 then 2 3 4 5 6 1 then 3 4 5 6 1 2 etc. It looks a lot more complicated typed out haha, but it’s not. I feel like that also gives the plants a decent amount of air circulation every few days, whereas if I just kept the plants in the same spot all the time, the plants in the middle of the back of the space would be getting much less air flow than the plants in the front. Somethin’ like that anyway.....

Last edited:
Srenots

Srenots

That, or you could just move the plants every time you water (or every other day). So, like, that plant in the right-hand corner in the back row would get moved to the middle in the back row, wait two days, move it to the left-hand corner in the back row, wait two days then move it to the left-hand corner in the front two, then the middle in the front row etc etc. Basically 1 2 3 4 5 6 then 2 3 4 5 6 1 then 3 4 5 6 2 1 etc. It looks a lot more complicated typed out haha, but it’s not. I feel like that also gives the plants a decent amount of air circulation every few days, whereas if I just kept the plants in the same spot all the time, the plants in the middle of the back of the space would be getting much less air flow than the plants in the front. Somethin’ like that anyway.....
simply just keep them in a stadium effect around the light, tallest on outside....shortest under the light...good to go....this info is if ur running a bunch of diff strains at same time in small space... no brainer

PlumberSoCal

PlumberSoCal

I saw a whole leaf sticking up this morning on the Bruce Banger and the other leaves looked droopy.
View attachment 877780View attachment 877781The soil is still damp and I haven’t watered. It could have been unhappy because I turned it yesterday and the fan could have blown it (the fan behind it is not oscillating, but there is a fan across the room that does oscillate.)View attachment 877782View attachment 877783View attachment 877784
All the other plants look fine, but some have their tips pointing down slightly.
View attachment 877785
Then tonight when I checked the Bruce Banger seems to be happier now.....
View attachment 877786View attachment 877787
Hmmmmm....?
You're killin' it. 👍

Kushy Tushy

Kushy Tushy

They look generally happy to me. Those tilted leaves can be reacting to the light or wind but dont look stressed. You can always try not pointing any fans directly at rhem but over them between the lamp and canopy. And also play with fine tuning the light height. We all experiment with these things until we like the results. It is all trial and error.
I raised up the table and changed the fan direction inside the room. It’s like that Bruce Banger is waving at me! Every morning its leaves are up, then at night its leaves are back down. It seems happy though lol. The girls are closer to the lights now...thanks for all your insight. It’s very helpful!! Much appreciated.
FDDDBD64 1DB6 4C18 AD5D CE898B2CD3D7
40A9E676 D6FC 4443 AE76 C9713123AACA
089C17A8 818F 4B6E B2EC 10EFD8BC3FE8
21CF644F 952A 4EC2 9B7D A73F91ABFAED
0D833CCB C10B 4C6F B0A2 8141C5B5A104
5D83ABDE B340 4E3F 950A 5BBC5BB9274A
63AF713B C3F4 4FEF AD28 36B1BD4F7E75
8A43ACCA DF0D 4A79 82BF CF37D944AB7D

[/QUOTE]

Kushy Tushy

Kushy Tushy

I will say that the difference in height of your plants is a little surprising. Probably gonna need to put those smaller plants on top of five gallon buckets pretty soon, if you wanna keep the canopy even. That plant in the middle of the front row is gonna dwarf the others once you start flowering. Have you started flowering yet? If you haven’t, I think it’s time to. I’m counting like twelve nodes on that tall plant. It’s gonna strrrrrretch like a mofo once you start flowering.
I took both the hds uk cheese auto outside yesterday cuz one started to flower.
FD98384E 2458 46D7 AC6B 332F9DB6A383
21E83082 B652 4615 AB38 2A8408C69962
2600F60C 2371 4F23 B0A9 620BB29510B5
57CFAFDC 14CD 44D1 8581 6002D5566B60

Kushy Tushy

Kushy Tushy

That, or you could just move the plants every time you water (or every other day). So, like, that plant in the right-hand corner in the back row would get moved to the middle in the back row, wait two days, move it to the left-hand corner in the back row, wait two days then move it to the left-hand corner in the front two, then the middle in the front row etc etc. Basically 1 2 3 4 5 6 then 2 3 4 5 6 1 then 3 4 5 6 1 2 etc. It looks a lot more complicated typed out haha, but it’s not. I feel like that also gives the plants a decent amount of air circulation every few days, whereas if I just kept the plants in the same spot all the time, the plants in the middle of the back of the space would be getting much less air flow than the plants in the front. Somethin’ like that anyway.....
I did start doing that, so thanks for the info! Much appreciated!!

Kushy Tushy

Kushy Tushy

simply just keep them in a stadium effect around the light, tallest on outside....shortest under the light...good to go....this info is if ur running a bunch of diff strains at same time in small space... no brainer
They are different strains and this makes sense. Thanks for the good info! I’ve been turning them and now rotating them too.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I raised up the table and changed the fan direction inside the room. It’s like that Bruce Banger is waving at me! Every morning its leaves are up, then at night its leaves are back down. It seems happy though lol. The girls are closer to the lights now...thanks for all your insight. It’s very helpful!! Much appreciated.View attachment 878691View attachment 878692View attachment 878693View attachment 878695View attachment 878696View attachment 878697View attachment 878698View attachment 878699
[/QUOTE]

They look wonderful! And i forgot to mention that some strains put their leaves up and down through the cycle like you described. Flat and happy and medium green just like you got there is happy plants.

Kushy Tushy

Kushy Tushy

Looks like it's time for a couple males in that greenhouse. You got this.
Lololol! I’m still trying to figure out my set-up.....I need a separate veg/flower area for sure. And another light. And I haven’t attempted cloning yet....but for sure that lil greenhouse will be perfect for a male. Or two.....

Kushy Tushy

Kushy Tushy

They look wonderful! And i forgot to mention that some strains put their leaves up and down through the cycle like you described. Flat and happy and medium green just like you got there is happy plants.
Cool! Thanks for the reassurance! I want to clone from it, but was wondering if it was not a good clone choice, cuz of the weird leaves.
I’ll be jumping over to your grow page to read up on your cloning methods and ask you questions lol. (It looks like you just put the cuttings in water?) I have started a few more seeds and find starting from seed really enjoyable, but want to know how to clone as well as grow from seed.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Cool! Thanks for the reassurance! I want to clone from it, but was wondering if it was not a good clone choice, cuz of the weird leaves.
I’ll be jumping over to your grow page to read up on your cloning methods and ask you questions lol. (It looks like you just put the cuttings in water?) I have started a few more seeds and find starting from seed really enjoyable, but want to know how to clone as well as grow from seed.

I am no expert on cloning. I am in no hurry as i have more veg than i need to keep the flower room full. So like you said. I just cut a good lower branch and put it in water until it shows roots starting. Then plant it in a cup of potting soil and perlite to finish rooting and grow. I do use a dome to finish rooting to keep humidity high. Then just harden them off to the open environment. And move them up closer to the light.

But it is a slow method.

Latest posts

Top Bottom