Behind Door #1 We Have...

• Thread starter RooR5mm
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Ar.BsG

Ar.BsG

I have leds just never built my own thinking about haveing me a 1000 watt rig built by next year

bicky studs

bicky studs

built myself 950w cob setup for xmas. 19 3590s @50w
just luv em, way better/easier than my old hps

Ar.BsG

Ar.BsG

What brand did you use for cobs and the driver ? my bday is in November and my wife said I could build me a light then soo I'm figuring I should have it all done and set up by the new year if everything goes right .

Ar.BsG

Ar.BsG

I know thats still months away but money's tighter than a choir boy around here lol!

bicky studs

bicky studs

I want to try these for manufactured equipment.
Gonna need at least 6 per room, 12k ugh. Probably could get a little discount.
pff not worth the price imo.
that spectrum changing is probly just diming i set of leds... i could t find what leds they using.... in the led scene the only way to be sure what ur getting is do it urself

RooR5mm

RooR5mm

pff not worth the price imo.
that spectrum changing is probly just diming i set of leds... i could t find what leds they using.... in the led scene the only way to be sure what ur getting is do it urself
I hear that. Been so many fly by nighters putting out sheet. I've been in a few mixed HPS/LED rooms, never just LEDs.
The hybrid setups are dense and frosty.
Once I've seen the potential now over the old school UFOs I'm a believer.

RooR5mm

RooR5mm

@bicky studs what do you have to do build like 2.5x5 foot panels and put two of them together so they don't get too heavy to move or damage?

bicky studs

bicky studs

@bicky studs what do you have to do build like 2.5x5 foot panels and put two of them together so they don't get too heavy to move or damage?
i used cree cobs with heatsinks on 20x30 angle in rows of three so i can mess with spacing n easy to move around
IMG 1229

bicky studs

bicky studs

That's nice how much do you think that ran you in total ??
i think it was bout 1.12/watt...... thats for cobs...holders...heatsinks...drivers...etc... including shipping. i used cree, the veros etc are cheaper. also checkout quantumboards.... i dont have em n dont plan on changing from cobs anytime soon.
How many Cobbs do you need to put over a 5x5 trellis to replicate a 1k for example?
Is that 20x30 Millimeter angle you are using?
yup 30x20. you can run these cobs at different currents... if youre scrogin with an even canopy id go with lower wattage more cobs for an even spread. u want about 50w/sq as rule of thumb. ive got 9@50w over a ca. 3x3 table and it kills it. im just trying 6@50 over the same area now....

when you get an idea what you wanna do hit up this cat. @sixstring hes the led pro. got lots of different setups and has tried different spacings...wattage etc

P

PharmHand

I want to try these for manufactured equipment.
Gonna need at least 6 per room, 12k ugh. Probably could get a little discount.
Dang yea that’s absurd. They look killer tho. Scott’s miracle grow just bought up fluence their prices will likely drop soon like when they bought up gavita. How bout pacific lighting concepts? Heard good things

Latest posts

Top Bottom