beluga logs it all et al

• Thread starter beluga
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
beluga

beluga

This Grow Thus Far...

My capturing of it is sloppy, choppy, annnnd.... jalopy? 😎
Next time around, I'll try to do better with setting specific permanent points for my camera/tripod.

Happy with the results thus far for something that I started off with "just throwing together".
Quite happy to have gotten to know this plant a little more intimately over the past few weeks. 😏

Terpz719

Terpz719

This Grow Thus Far...

View attachment 1064875

My capturing of it is sloppy, choppy, annnnd.... jalopy? 😎
Next time around, I'll try to do better with setting specific permanent points for my camera/tripod.

Happy with the results thus far for something that I started off with "just throwing together".
Quite happy to have gotten to know this plant a little more intimately over the past few weeks. 😏
Nice job! I love time lapse. One of these days...

beluga

beluga

Nice job! I love time lapse. One of these days...
Or a bunch of them...

🤭

But thank you! I fell into it kind of accidentally and thanks to psychedelic mushrooms... I ended up loving it and now wanting to get proficient at it.

beluga

beluga

Day 37 Fleur
20201207 174023
20201207 174038

Forgot the ol' DSLR at work again.
Stupid helicopters! 🐋🏹💣💥🚁💥🔥🔥

20201207 174131
20201207 174313

Phone does capture the sugariness of it all a lot better.
I'll have to figure out what I'm doing wrong there...
20201207 174416
20201207 174502

🍯🍎🍇🍷🍊🍋🌲💨😖🍂🌾
The aromas might be settling down... by that I mean not throwing curve balls anymore.
It's quite not settling down now, seeping up from my basement into the rest of the house... 🤔
Might have to recharge or replace my carbon filter. It's been many years... I'm actually damn surprised it's still effective at all.

Uhyup.

beluga

beluga

Day 38 Fleur
Did some messing around with my camera settings and post production.
Cause I'm like, 'no arfkin way is my smartphone more capable than my DSLR... 🤔'
DSC 2130
DSC 2131

DSC 2155 1
DSC 2159

DSC 2162

And, of course it's the fark not. I just needed to tinker.

Yeah... they're getting heavy.
Might have to string them up before my delayed yo yo's get here...
But at the same time... 🙃 ... I like a calculated risk.

DSC 2151
DSC 2166 2

DSC 2145

...uh oh...
DSC 2178
DSC 2178 1

🤫

amekins

amekins

Day 38 Fleur
Did some messing around with my camera settings and post production.
Cause I'm like, 'no arfkin way is my smartphone more capable than my DSLR... 🤔'
View attachment 1065513 View attachment 1065514
View attachment 1065521 View attachment 1065515
View attachment 1065516
And, of course it's the fark not. I just needed to tinker.

Yeah... they're getting heavy.
Might have to string them up before my delayed yo yo's get here...
But at the same time... 🙃 ... I like a calculated risk.

View attachment 1065520 View attachment 1065523
View attachment 1065519

...uh oh...
View attachment 1065517 View attachment 1065518
🤫
Is that a little PM?

beluga

beluga

Welp. My stomach is turnt ➿ 🙁 on this PM infection.
I've never dealt with it on plants (other than maybe squash) before and it's much more heart-wrenching when it's a group of plants that takes months from point A to Ω rather than an isolated mushroom vivarium that takes a couple weeks.
I'm keenly aware that
A. mold spores are everywhere. Especially moldy basements.​
B. once you see hyphae, you're far past infected.​
C. there's not much in the way of treatment once you're in flowering... especially mid-to-late-stage.​
D. I was asking for trouble with lack of monitoring.​
So, what can I do?
A. prevent it from germinating further.​
a. - put a dehumidifier in the tent to prevent light i/o humidity swings​
b. - add a higher-powered oscillating fan​
c. - defoliate (not preferred) or manipulate my plant spacing to allow more airflow between them​
B. try a potassium bicarbonate treatment​
C. add UV​
D. chop 'em and make concentrates or have immature flower to hold me over until next time.​
I think I super fucked myself with pollinating. Spraying them down and having fans off in that basement... even with the very low RH% in the rest of the basement... not an option. For future seed crop projects, I think I'll do something along the lines of pairing mates in little isolated vivariums like my PopPods or just plan it out to open pollinate the whole grow room. This whole 95% sinsemilla thing isn't practical for my situation.​
I also super fucked myself with accidentally leaving fans off after taking pictures in recent days... gotta be on top of that shit.​
And crowding.​
And probably some other things.​
Time to put my plant doctor boots on and do some fucking work.👨‍⚕️🥾💉
Even it that work is killing the host to make room for the health of future generations. 😞 🗡🌳💀🚽♋👶🌱
The more I read into potassium bicarbonate, the more I think I'll try it alongside optimizing the environment for prevention. It's almost hilarious how much marketed products want to charge for the stuff when a 1lb bag of concentrate makes.. hmm... 16 gallons? for $9. Annnd. $40 for a quart of Bush Doctor... pfft.​
Additional thought:​
Contrary to my opening statement - I have dealt with PM. Guerilla grows see you deal with just about every aberration that can happen. But my most successful ones and the ones where I was able to address issues of molds? All I did was make a (risky and of the antithesis of normal guerilla practices) point to make it out to my patches and shake the hell out of them every day that I possibly could. Just that ham-fisted act prevented a lot of issues from happening or getting worse.​
So... I guess I should up my optimism a bit and appreciate that I don't have to put myself at high risk in order to address issues.​

Last edited:
beluga

beluga

Ugh... Sorry Dude.
Sounds like you've already figured out the cause, and have a good plan of attack, though.
Yeah.. new situation for me. Never grew in a dank old basement before... my issues indoor have always been physical environment as opposed to biological.
Hoping I can keep this at bay. Day 39 of 60 (breeder specs) is a little daunting... but if modifying the environment works, then it'll hopefully just be a matter of changing some parameters. Otherwise, a dutiful KHCO3 treatment regimen will be in order.

What's a little odd to me is that it was on an upper sugar leaf as opposed to anywhere else... and I did a thorough inspection.. not on any lower buds that had leaves drooped over them. Not on lower leaves that would be closer to a 'dew point'... just that one little spot way up high where the light is intense and the wind is strong.

Terpz719

Terpz719

Yeah.. new situation for me. Never grew in a dank old basement before... my issues indoor have always been physical environment as opposed to biological.
Hoping I can keep this at bay. Day 39 of 60 (breeder specs) is a little daunting... but if modifying the environment works, then it'll hopefully just be a matter of changing some parameters. Otherwise, a dutiful KHCO3 treatment regimen will be in order.

What's a little odd to me is that it was on an upper sugar leaf as opposed to anywhere else... and I did a thorough inspection.. not on any lower buds that had leaves drooped over them. Not on lower leaves that would be closer to a 'dew point'... just that one little spot way up high where the light is intense and the wind is strong.
Sorry to hear about the PM. Hope you get it sorted and make it to harvest.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Ive heard from several people on here and in real life that it works really well to stop PM from spreading. Havent tried it myself yet but i plan to get some at some point soon just to have on hand.

beluga

beluga

Deep relaxing breathes... They will be fine.
Keep hearing good things about that Pure Crop... Haven't used it... But got clean, healthy clones from somebody that does.
Ive heard from several people on here and in real life that it works really well to stop PM from spreading. Havent tried it myself yet but i plan to get some at some point soon just to have on hand.
Just soybean and corn oil in colloidal water..?
I mean... I kinda get the mechanism of action... just seems like a better preventative than responsive treatment..

Not a bad price for a 128:1 concentrate.

Top Bottom