• Tagged users None
beluga

beluga

Day 39 Fleur
DSC 2183
DSC 2184

DSC 2216
DSC 2196

Welp. It wasn't the powder-coated massacre that I was envisioning all day at work waiting for me to return.
In fact... nothing at all.
Second time scouring every leaf, stem, and bud... nothing! 🤷‍♂️
Here's that afflicted area today
DSC 2195

Maybe my snow prayers worked their magic...
🐋🙏🔮😤🔥🦠🔥💥🌷🙂

So...
Humidity in tent - 57%
Outside of tent and rest of house - ~41%
Temperature around the house - 63F-67F
Temperature in the basement - 65F
Temperature in tent - 73F
Outside temperature - 29F
So!
My previous theory about my basement maintaining pretty stable temperature is probably correct.
However, I'm almost certain that that 57% inside the tent, lights on, will probably go up quite a bit, lights off. Especially as that temperature drops those 8 degrees... perhaps more. We'll see tomorrow.
In the meantime, I've put a dehumidifier and more powerful standing oscillating fan and also bumped up my exhaust fan's CFM.
Here's hoping!
Either way... I'm on guard🤺

Allow me to revel in my hollow victory...
DSC 2204
DSC 2214

DSC 2188
DSC 2206

DSC 2207
DSC 2212

SEED! 😳😻🤗🤗
DSC 2210
DSC 2210 1

🤗🤗

beluga

beluga

So, here's another consideration that I just thought of for my PM/environment issue:
dsc_1689-jpg.1058311

No, not my cat's little powdered toast face.
Nor the PBP.
But the exhaust behind it all...

So, although I'm venting out of the top, I'm not actually venting the uppermost air.
In fact, I'm probably creating a really weird kind of 〰〰 up/down current that may or may not be drawing the warm, moist air out from the top of the tent.
The passive intakes are varied - one big one up top, one big and one small down below. But I imagine the current is probably dipping down to the floor right at the front of my plant canopy.
Airprob

Basically, I would surmise that I'm creating a pocket in that back and uppermost area of the canopy that does not see adequate ventilation.
So, I'm gonna mount that when I get home... as I should have done when I set up the tent.
I mounted my thermohygrometer up toward the middletop of the tent, too. So, that should give me a good indication of the effectiveness of the exhaust repositioning.

Last edited:
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

So, here's another consideration that I just thought of for my PM/environment issue:
dsc_1689-jpg.1058311

No, not my cat's little powdered toast face.
Nor the PBP.
But the exhaust behind it all...

So, although I'm venting out of the top, I'm not actually venting the uppermost air.
In fact, I'm probably creating a really weird kind of 〰〰 up/down current that may or may not be drawing the warm, moist air out from the top of the tent.
The passive intakes are varied - one big one up top, one big and one small down below. But I imagine the current is probably dipping down to the floor right at the front of my plant canopy.
View attachment 1065941
Basically, I would surmise that I'm creating a pocket in that back and uppermost area of the canopy that does not see adequate ventilation.
So, I'm gonna mount that when I get home... as I should have done when I set up the tent.
I mounted my thermohygrometer up toward the middletop of the tent, too. So, that should give me a good indication of the effectiveness of the exhaust repositioning.
What I try to shoot for in a tent or small square room is a cyclone type action at the base and through the plants. Can be a simple as 1-2 fans pointed at the wall making like a toilet bowl action of air movement. This will keep the air mixed well then the exhaust pulls the mixed air up and out.

Many ways to skin a cat though.

beluga

beluga

What I try to shoot for in a tent or small square room is a cyclone type action at the base and through the plants. Can be a simple as 1-2 fans pointed at the wall making like a toilet bowl action of air movement. This will keep the air mixed well then the exhaust pulls the mixed air up and out.

Many ways to skin a cat though.
Agree with @Aqua Man creating an upward vortex with circulation fans will sort out the stale air.

also only bring in intake air from down low and exhaust up high.
That makes sense. I have the oscillating guy where its A and B points are hitting opposite walls and then that above clip-on guy pushing air down... which probably isn't the best, either. But I feel like that's just creating a whirl that doesn't drain to the right place right now..
I think my reasoning behind the up high intake was just to bring in some warmer air..

I'll make some adjustments this evening.
Thanks, captains! 🖖

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

That makes sense. I have the oscillating guy where its A and B points are hitting opposite walls and then that above clip-on guy pushing air down... which probably isn't the best, either. But I feel like that's just creating a whirl that doesn't drain to the right place right now..
I think my reasoning behind the up high intake was just to bring in some warmer air..

Thanks, captains! 🖖

if i grow in my basement in winter i will need to bring in warmer air from above. But i will still have circulation fans properly mixing the air inside the space.

We still have to do what is needed. Parameters are just guidelines to follow.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Thanks, captains! 🖖
2 key things

1. Cyclone

2. Leaves transpire from the bottom side so we want to have the majority of the air movment under and through the canopy. Typically when you see ppl using it above its to remove or reduce heat from the light.

Exhaust at the top intake at the bottom so that airflow is drawing air up towards the bottom of the leaves. If your blowing it down from the top the leaves act as hydrofoil in a sense and you get less direct contact of air and the bottom side of the leaf thats more likely to create microclimates. But if you have that cyclone action under and through then it should be ok either way. Ideally flow bottom to top though.

I know explanation is to in depth but thats just me lol.

beluga

beluga

if i grow in my basement in winter i will need to bring in warmer air from above. But i will still have circulation fans properly mixing the air inside the space.

We still have to do what is needed. Parameters are just guidelines to follow.
For sure.
Now that I'm actually monitoring things, I'll be able to really see how much I actually need to do things like bring in warmer air, etc.
I know explanation is to in depth but thats just me lol.
No such thing here. I appreciate it and do my best to vacuum up every bit.

beluga

beluga

Day 40 Fleur
DSC 2253 1
DSC 2257 1

DSC 2232NEF

RH% Hi - 57% / Lo - 43% (I think that Lo was from my house)
Temp Hi - 71°F Lo - 63°F (Again, I think from my house)
24hr Hi/Lo's were the same... 🤨 So I gotta address that.

Still haven't done any support maintenance... it's daunting and I'll probably do it once I have more time on the weekend.

DSC 2237NEF

DSC 2226NEF 1
DSC 2220NEF

DSC 2240

🍯🍎🍇🍷🍊🍋🌲💨😖🍂🌾
Still a lot of that... aroma-wise.
Skunk seems to be coming through a little stronger and more upfront.
Wonder if it's still the Epsom salt addition...

SeeeeeEEeds! 😳🤗🤗
DSC 2241

DSC 2243
DSC 2248

That last pic there is, again, the PM afflicted one. Still doing well.
There are two others that I cannot locate... luckily I put some purple twist ties on them.

Huzzah!
Time to make some Tom Kha Gai🤤🤤🥴

beluga

beluga

Quiet over here... like draping a cozy blanket over your head...
Or a campfire with a blanket of driven snow through the silhouettes of naked trees...
Ramen noodle bowl...

❄⛩⛺🖖🔥🖖🧿🍜🍜🍜🍕🥧

Hope you all are having a cozy evening.

beluga

beluga

Just zenning myself out before playing marionette with my plants....
I could listen to shamisen played like this all day.

Falls in line with them campfire feels.
A lot like some outlaw country guitar or bluegrass banjo pickin'...
Or the sitar in raga.
Or the kora of Africa.

Music is, time and time again, such a magically impressive gateway to the human soul. The oneness of us all.
Oughta un-stupid my fingers one of these days..
Trek the world with the universal language...

beluga

beluga

(Yester)Day 41 Fleur
DSC 2311
DSC 2312

DSC 2279

Temp Hi/Lo - 73°F/68°F
Rh% Hi/Lo - 56%/43%
... I'll take it.
No further PM development.
I'll take that, too.

After steaming, scraping, plastering, fastening, adhering, compounding, spackling, and 🤮 amounts of sanding over the past couple months...
I managed to finally paint a room in my house! 😅 Luckily it's the biggest room that had the most fucked walls.
But that also means I didn't string up my plants, and is also the reason I'm reporting yesterday to you today. Also means I need to mount my filter. Also... 🤔
Will need to zen myself out again...

DSC 2294
DSC 2304

DSC 2300

DSC 2261

beluga

beluga

Week 6 Fleur
Welp. Strung 'em up with just barely enough time to spare before lights out.
Thought I could make it out of doing anything in my house without it opening a can of worms?
Pfftt!! You dumb, beluga.
Went to peel up the low-tack painter's tape that I had securing some drop-cloth (paper) to the hardwood and sure the fuck enough it peeled up huge strips of the urethane or whatever TF the jackass who sold us this place used to "seal" the floors... 😡
So I spent another 6 hours scraping, sanding, sealing, yada, yada, yada.
Do it right, right? Looks like my spring project will be refinishing some hardwood.

Aaanyway... puppetmastering.
Before
DSC 2340

After
DSC 2343

I'm kinda schmeh about it.
Almost wish I'd just left 'em alone.. don't think they'd tip it in another 3 weeks... but... knowing my luck, it'd bite me in the ass, had I.
More so wish I'd just done it sooner so they could readjust and fill out a little more naturally... but.. any manipulation looks whack when you first do it... I'm sure they'll settle it out soon enough. They've probably got more like four weeks left as opposed to the 60-day breeder claim.

This is nice, however.
DSC 2367

DSC 2345

DSC 2364

Damn near spot-on to my light's footprint 😎

This is not nice, however 🙁
DSC 2346

I do not like nylon strings and junk bungling up a good picture.
Probably would feel better about some hemp twine.
Their functionality and convenience is fucking magical though, so, I'll get over myself.

Had to quick snap budshots... shmeh.
DSC 2352
DSC 2363

DSC 2349

Seeds make me happy though.
So, fucking mazel tov!!

Oh right, happy Hanukkah!

beluga

beluga

Day 43 Fleur
DSC 2413
DSC 2417

DSC 2420

Cleaned everything up... mounted my scrubber... got the canopy tidied... vortex circulation going on...
DSC 2427
DSC 2431 1

I think we're all set for finishing up here... 😎

Even have the legroom for an oft not seen angle now...
DSC 2441

🍯🍎🍇🍷🍊🍋🌲💨😖🍂🌾
Through and through
DSC 2423
DSC 2425

DSC 2436

🤱
DSC 2438

Thought this was kinda cool...
Deep under the canopy...
DSC 2452
DSC 2456

Little lady just feelin' them nook vibes...
Mmph. I wanna feel some nook vibes...

🤔

🤦‍♂️

beluga

beluga

Thanks fellers!

Getting too preoccupied with the offspring, I might have accidentally botched the mother 😞.
Brought her over to a veg tent and plugged all the lights in 🤦‍♂️
So, I'm thinking I'll have to take a clone and reveg it cause I'm pretty damn happy with these traits... especially if I work them better next time around... thinking maybe three per 2ft x 4ft footprint will probably fill it out really well without overcrowding. Either that or lollipop... which I'm not terribly fond of.

Or I might just run with the seeds 🤔 🤷

Top Bottom