beluga logs it all et al

• Thread starter beluga
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
Environment is definitely first. But I know how voracious mold can be, so a chemical intervention might be necessary to nip it.

Absolutely. Normally I'd say sulphur and not even think about it much.

I'm just also pretty sure PM and UV do not get along so i would try that.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Welp. My stomach is turnt ➿ 🙁 on this PM infection.
I've never dealt with it on plants (other than maybe squash) before and it's much more heart-wrenching when it's a group of plants that takes months from point A to Ω rather than an isolated mushroom vivarium that takes a couple weeks.
I'm keenly aware that
A. mold spores are everywhere. Especially moldy basements.​
B. once you see hyphae, you're far past infected.​
C. there's not much in the way of treatment once you're in flowering... especially mid-to-late-stage.​
D. I was asking for trouble with lack of monitoring.​
So, what can I do?
A. prevent it from germinating further.​
a. - put a dehumidifier in the tent to prevent light i/o humidity swings​
b. - add a higher-powered oscillating fan​
c. - defoliate (not preferred) or manipulate my plant spacing to allow more airflow between them​
B. try a potassium bicarbonate treatment​
C. add UV​
D. chop 'em and make concentrates or have immature flower to hold me over until next time.​
I think I super fucked myself with pollinating. Spraying them down and having fans off in that basement... even with the very low RH% in the rest of the basement... not an option. For future seed crop projects, I think I'll do something along the lines of pairing mates in little isolated vivariums like my PopPods or just plan it out to open pollinate the whole grow room. This whole 95% sinsemilla thing isn't practical for my situation.​
I also super fucked myself with accidentally leaving fans off after taking pictures in recent days... gotta be on top of that shit.​
And crowding.​
And probably some other things.​
Time to put my plant doctor boots on and do some fucking work.👨‍⚕️🥾💉
Even it that work is killing the host to make room for the health of future generations. 😞 🗡🌳💀🚽♋👶🌱
The more I read into potassium bicarbonate, the more I think I'll try it alongside optimizing the environment for prevention. It's almost hilarious how much marketed products want to charge for the stuff when a 1lb bag of concentrate makes.. hmm... 16 gallons? for $9. Annnd. $40 for a quart of Bush Doctor... pfft.​
Additional thought:​
Contrary to my opening statement - I have dealt with PM. Guerilla grows see you deal with just about every aberration that can happen. But my most successful ones and the ones where I was able to address issues of molds? All I did was make a (risky and of the antithesis of normal guerilla practices) point to make it out to my patches and shake the hell out of them every day that I possibly could. Just that ham-fisted act prevented a lot of issues from happening or getting worse.​
So... I guess I should up my optimism a bit and appreciate that I don't have to put myself at high risk in order to address issues.​
I have wanted to see anyone try southern ag fungicide on PM I have a feeling it will be a monster in the mix for getting rid of it. Its non chemical and I just have this feeling its been missed along the way as a excellent choice of combating and curing an infection.

This is the stuff. Again never had to deal with PM but idk I just have a gut feeling.

beluga

beluga

I have wanted to see anyone try southern ag fungicide on PM I have a feeling it will be a monster in the mix for getting rid of it. Its non chemical and I just have this feeling its been missed along the way as a excellent choice of combating and curing an infection.

This is the stuff. Again never had to deal with PM but idk I just have a gut feeling.

What can't bacillus do?!
I'd definitely be willing to try it.
For now, I can have KHCO3 sent to my house before I get home. I'll probably give a cursory spray of that, add a higher powered fan, and throw a dehumidifier in there.
I'll order both that Souther Ag and PureCrop because I have a feeling I'll be dealing with molds until I encapsulate my crawlspace and do some hefty mold remediation... so, quite a ways out.
Hopefully I can control my environment and crowding to not promote the shit to germinate in the first place, but... shit happens.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Just need to avoid the conditions of dry day and humidity night... also remove leaves that stack and like ya say good airflow.

I would look to the humidity level at lights out for about the first hr. Many dont realize they are actually hitting dew point there.

Hortulanus

Hortulanus

Just to give a bit of hope. I had pm way worse than a couple leaves and I saved everything using LABS. Bacillus kicks ass.

How much is your temp dropping at night? Is there a chance it’s getting too cold?
I did a test this year with a couple plants outdoor and the nights the temp dropped more than 15°C I would see a bit of PM in the morning like you’ve shown. Mostly the sativas, after a few nights of the drop even the NL got pm.

also, if you can keep the PM off the flower it’s very easy to clean off with h2o2 solution or high pH water and a spray bottle the day before harvest.

beluga

beluga

Love the call to action of this community... thanks, everyone.

How much is your temp dropping at night? Is there a chance it’s getting too cold?
I did a test this year with a couple plants outdoor and the nights the temp dropped more than 15°C I would see a bit of PM in the morning like you’ve shown. Mostly the sativas, after a few nights of the drop even the NL got pm.
This is a really good consideration that I neglected to think of. It's getting into the low 20ºFs outside at night now and my basement isn't deep enough to be all that stable. I would reckon to say it's probably dipping into the high 50s... maybe. Again... I'm running without monitors, which... yes, yes, I know is about the stupidest thing I could do.
In my experience with outdoor, PM didn't start settling in until the cool of October... again, with those sativa dominant ladies...
Looks like I might put a heater in there, too. Which isn't ideal, but, hey.. it's what I have to work with.
Good looks!
Just rememebered that bush is actually multiple plants. Have you found It on more than one plant?
Nope.. not even elsewhere on this plant. So, it's also a consideration to just pluck this one out. This specific branch was one of those I pollinated, but.. the needs of the many, right?

beluga

beluga

I should clarify that I did think of and Aqua has been reminding me often that heavy swings are where you'll see mold promotion... but what I did not think of was how low the outside temps were getting and how my basement may not be so stable day/night as I once thought... don't want to sell Aqua's advice short.
I've got a few factors that might keep my temps more stable than I'm now concerned may not... boiler and hot water heater a short distance away... hot water pipes for my radiators surrounding the top of the tent. And the nature of basements... being basements. But that stuff might be less impactful than I think and what my human bod feels is about the same temps day/night may be irrelevant because I'm a self-radiating adaptive mammal...
Bottom line, I should stop being a fuckin' weirdo about putting a thermohygrometer in there and do that along with the treatments that I have to administer that said thermohygrometer could have helped avoid...

Have I mentioned I'm an adrenaline junkie?

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
I should clarify that I did think of and Aqua has been reminding me often that heavy swings are where you'll see mold promotion... but what I did not think of was how low the outside temps were getting and how my basement may not be so stable day/night as I once thought... don't want to sell Aqua's advice short.
I've got a few factors that might keep my temps more stable than I'm now concerned may not... boiler and hot water heater a short distance away... hot water pipes for my radiators surrounding the top of the tent. And the nature of basements... being basements. But that stuff might be less impactful than I think and what my human bod feels is about the same temps day/night may be irrelevant because I'm a self-radiating adaptive mammal...
Bottom line, I should stop being a fuckin' weirdo about putting a thermohygrometer in there and do that along with the treatments that I have to administer that said thermohygrometer could have helped avoid...

Have I mentioned I'm an adrenaline junkie?
https://www.amazon.com/Govee-Thermometer-Hygrometer-Bluetooth-Temperature/dp/B07R586J37

Cheap and hasn't sucked for me. The app with bluetooth connection seems...good?

beluga

beluga

https://www.amazon.com/Govee-Thermometer-Hygrometer-Bluetooth-Temperature/dp/B07R586J37

Cheap and hasn't sucked for me. The app with bluetooth connection seems...good?
That would probably be ideal, especially for my immediate knowledge of day/night temps... I'll probably cop one of those... however...

From Nov. 13:
Oh right. VPD is entirely foreign to me. Fuck, I still don't have a thermometer and I've been hounding myself about it for three weeks. There's literally one in a tote on a shelf that is on the side of my tent....🤦‍♂️
Yeah, beluga. Facepalm. Facepalm, indeed.

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
That would probably be ideal, especially for my immediate knowledge of day/night temps... I'll probably cop one of those... however...

From Nov. 13:

Yeah, beluga. Facepalm. Facepalm, indeed.
I did recall that. It's the ability to see a history on a graph for thirteen freaking dollars that is so appealing.

BudGoodman

BudGoodman

Supporter
My "monitor".
IMG 20201209 095720279

Made this custom mounting bracket this morning
IMG 20201209 100209386

beluga

beluga

I did recall that. It's the ability to see a history on a graph for thirteen freaking dollars that is so appealing.
Yeah... that's appealing. In the cart.

It's funny, I'm almost neurotic about following weather forecasts... but growing plants in an unfamiliar circumstance?
"I can eye this up.. right?"

badbuilding24.jpg

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
Counterpoint: think about how toasty warm your feet would be when you slipped into your shoes....and how convenient this entryway would be for murdering your enemies.
I mean it's obviously a closet door but what if you were going sabrina the teenage witch on that shiT?????

WH4T 7H3N?

beluga

beluga

First snow today...

... I hope that's not a bad omen.

😶

... I love snow... 🌨😛🏂🏔

So maybe it'll be a good omen.

Just quietly freaking out in my office here, don't mind me...

(ellipses)

Top Bottom