beluga logs it all et al

• Thread starter beluga
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
For sure. As a mineral additive, I could see it being beneficial. But this info would suggest that you're probably even more prone to critically imbalancing that microbiome.

edit: Just saw the last part. My take on that is that there are probably more surefire ways to go about it... like compost/teas and the like.
Perhaps. I just know that I use several products that contain molasses and they work to give me better plants (not just cannabis). Roots Organics Trinity and Bio Root from General Organics do things. Idk what in them does those things, but then I can be pretty dumb.

beluga

beluga

Perhaps. I just know that I use several products that contain molasses and they work to give me better plants (not just cannabis). Roots Organics Trinity and Root Booster from General Organics do things. Idk what in them does those things, but then I can be pretty dumb.
Yeah, I'm working strictly on theory. Never actually tried it.
People have been using it for years and I'm sure to some benefit and to some detriment. Was it the molasses/soil microbiome that cause x problem or x benefit? Who's to say?
It seems the stuff of Grandpa Eustace and his tomatoes were fucking liiiiiiiiit!!

beluga

beluga

An additional thought might be that those commercial mixes have beneficial microbes added in. So, you're better assuring them the leading edge.
Seems easy enough with a cell culturing setup, some books, and a microscope.

So, I should amend this whole thing with, "Molasses as a standalone additive."

beluga

beluga

Day 11 Fleur

DSC 1517
DSC 1520

Steady as she(s) goes.

They're probably drinking 4-6 gallons a day right now.
Almost at 3/4 strength nutes. I'll probably cut that back down and see how they respond.
A little close to the light as I haven't raised it yet.
Might do some undercarriage maintenance here soon... pretty wasteful for the LED probably only really working on the top however many inches. Maybe a foot? Foot point five?

Next time around, I won't unintentionally veg them for nearly 3 months. Also, if I keep going hydro (big if), will get a longer reservoir so to put more clones grown to a shorter height to better utilize the light. Maybe 2 weeks veg max.

Ma and pa.
DSC 1522

Just after a watering after being a bit neglected. But, hey... who doesn't neglect their parents when they're going around in their sexual maturity letting it all hang out?

Wanna treat ma to something nice though. Maybe a little prune, root prune, and a nice ceramic pot? Manipedi + new outfit... I think so.

Keeping pa extra small.
DSC 1526

Might even trim him back yet.
Shouldn't need him for much.
Poor pa's.

Uhhh. Yup.

beluga

beluga

Very cool, I'm digging the extruded light fixture too. It seems that the Tnutz is a more liked alternative to 80/20.

Keep it up!
Cheers!

Yeah, I'm largely happy with the extrusions. A few imperfections here and there but the price was right, it's damn solid, and it got to me in three days.

Meaning to get around to finishing out the build walkthrough, but I might just do a video with the next one I build.

beluga

beluga

It's interesting, on the subject of these extrusions.
The intention of the hobbies that I get myself into always lead to peripheral activities that I end up taking almost to the forefront of my interest.
Like, yeah, I love growing cannabis and learning about it and its processes and optimizations.
But, now, all I find myself doing is thinking about my next light build; adding extreme spectrums; soldering an MCPCB; efficiency and drivers and series vs parallel wiring and... yeah.

So, aside from compiling a shopping cart for another 2' x 4' LED fixture,
I spent some of the night before bed thinking about how I'd like to utilize my grow space.
How can it really satisfy my needs?

First - 4' x 8' far too big for the amount of cannabis I require. I'm not like all you crazy potheads (😉). I haven't smoked in about a month and when I do have some, I'm usually only about 1 - 2g/day. Wake untz bake (before work). For skateboarding. For sleeping. Sometimes for other stuff like watching the birds at the feeder, yoga, or household chores. I have had my interest thoroughly piqued (thanks Milson, Mimed) in how I might be able to cater certain terpe/cannabinoid profiles to help with my Lyme-induced synovitis/inflammation... so, that might eventually see me growing and consuming more. But, as far as for mental health, psiolcybin mushroom µdoses have proven to be a life-changing therapy. To the point that I am so balanced that I take them only as acute remedies for especially imbalanced times... sometimes months apart... which, for someone with basically 30 years of suicidal/self-deprecating thoughts... you have no idea just how indebted I feel to those marvelous little fungi friends.

Aaaaanyway.

Second - I just plain don't like monoculture. I believe in symbiotic relationships and plant psychology (romantically, but open to the actuality). I think plants like to mingle with foreigners. I know plants do well with different species present in their ecology. I want to foster that for their good while they're alive and for my good in my pursuit as a horticulturist.

Third - My better half is not one to partake. That's unfair in my mind - to be using all this space and these resources and time... and what benefit does she get? A smelly basement, a stoned partner, and higher energy bill? That's not an equal exchange by any means.

I dunno where I'm going with this but to hash out some thoughts and maybe get some suggestions from the community as to good partner plants.
We are very open eaters and spice and herb users - both culinary and medicinal.

I've done a little bit of preliminary research before posting this and found that many herbs don't really fall into the same photoperiodism that cannabis does. Which may be beneficial or not.
Basil's flowering, for instance, is triggered by short nights and water stress (over/under watering) - perfect for 12/12.
Rosemary flower triggering is relatively unknown and seems to be temperature (vernalization), or maybe photoperiod related. Extremes, nonetheless. Great.
(I wonder that others in the Lamiaceae (mint) family will fall into this category as well. Although, Basil falls in that family... so maybe water stress or vernalization are more responsible for their flower-induction as well..?)
Leafy greens like Kale, Lettuce, and Collards are super cheap, available from our co-ops year-round. However, not photoperiod-sensitive.
Tobacco is photoperiod-sensitive the same as cannabis. Depending on rate of growth, might be a contender.
Poppy is photoperiod-sensitive opposite of cannabis. 12/12 keeps it in vegetation. Short nights trigger its flowering.
Cilantro and Parsley are photoperiod-sensitive the same as cannabis. Again, to be considered depending on rate of growth.
Tomato flowers based on age or stage of development. Great.
Pepper flowers based on sun intensity and temperature. Above 60ºF / below 90ºF. Also great.

I mention this short list because they're common in our garden and some have already been taken in for winter. Even though it's now nearly 80ºF again...

A decent little article about photoperiodism with a list of some common garden plants and their response to photoperiodism from one of my go-to herb/veg seedbanks: High Mowing Seeds
I should have looked at that before typing this as to more simply describe Long Day, Short Day, and Day-neutral plants... 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
The intention of the hobbies that I get myself into always lead to peripheral activities that I end up taking almost to the forefront of my interest.
Like, yeah, I love growing cannabis and learning about it and its processes and optimizations.
But, now, all I find myself doing is thinking about my next light build; adding extreme spectrums; soldering an MCPCB; efficiency and drivers and series vs parallel wiring and... yeah.

I spent some of the night before bed thinking about how I'd like to utilize my grow space.

First - 4' x 8' far too big for the amount of cannabis I require. I'm not like all you crazy potheads (😉). I haven't smoked in about a month and when I do have some, I'm usually only about 1 - 2g/day. Wake untz bake (before work). For skateboarding. For sleeping. Sometimes for other stuff like watching the birds at the feeder, yoga, or household chores. I have had my interest thoroughly piqued (thanks Milson, Mimed) in how I might be able to cater certain terpe/cannabinoid profiles to help with my Lyme-induced synovitis/inflammation... so, that might eventually see me growing and consuming more. But, as far as for mental health, psiolcybin mushroom µdoses have proven to be a life-changing therapy. To the point that I am so balanced that I take them only as acute remedies for especially imbalanced times... sometimes months apart... which, for someone with basically 30 years of suicidal/self-deprecating thoughts... you have no idea just how indebted I feel to those marvelous little fungi friends.

Aaaaanyway.

Second - I just plain don't like monoculture. I believe in symbiotic relationships and plant psychology (romantically, but open to the actuality). I think plants like to mingle with foreigners. I know plants do well with different species present in their ecology. I want to foster that for their good while they're alive and for my good in my pursuit as a horticulturist.

Third - My better half is not one to partake. That's unfair in my mind - to be using all this space and these resources and time... and what benefit does she get? A smelly basement, a stoned partner, and higher energy bill? That's not an equal exchange by any means.

I dunno where I'm going with this but to hash out some thoughts and maybe get some suggestions from the community as to good partner plants.
We are very open eaters and spice and herb users.

I've done a little bit of preliminary research before posting this and found that many herbs don't really fall into the same photoperiodism that cannabis does. Which may be beneficial or not.
Basil's flowering, for instance, is triggered by short nights and water stress (over/under watering) - perfect for 12/12.
Rosemary flower triggering is relatively unknown and seems to be temperature (vernalization), or maybe photoperiod related. Extremes, nonetheless. Great.
(I wonder that others in the Lamiaceae (mint) family will fall into this category as well. Although, Basil falls in that family... so maybe water stress or vernalization are more responsible for their flower-induction as well..?)
Leafy greens like Kale, Lettuce, and Collards are super cheap, available from our co-ops year-round. However, not photoperiod-sensitive.
Tobacco is photoperiod-sensitive the same as cannabis. Depending on rate of growth, might be a contender.
Poppy is photoperiod-sensitive opposite of cannabis. 12/12 keeps it in vegetation. Short nights trigger its flowering.
Cilantro and Parsley are photoperiod-sensitive the same as cannabis. Again, to be considered depending on rate of growth.
Pepper flowers based on sun intensity and temperature. Above 60ºF / below 90ºF. Also great.

I mention this short list because they're common in our garden and some have already been taken in for winter. Even though it's now nearly 80ºF again...

A decent little article about photoperiodism with a list of some common garden plants and their response to photoperiodism from one of my go-to herb/veg seedbanks: High Mowing Seeds
I should have looked at that before typing this as to more simply describe Long Day, Short Day, and Day-neutral plants... 🤷‍♂️
Thai basil and holy basil are both great to have around.

Also: peas. They are quite pretty as flowers, grow very fast, and who can't find a use for peas?

beluga

beluga

Thai basil and holy basil are both great to have around.

Also: peas. They are quite pretty as flowers, grow very fast, and who can't find a use for peas?
Oooooh Tulsi! How could I forget that... such a beautiful bubblegummy armoa and the medicinal/culinary uses are extensive.

I was a bit dubious to put any climbers/crawlers in there... I can sometimes get negligent and I can just see a pea plant sealing the zipper door shut if I turn my head too long.

Bean_Boy

Bean_Boy

Aaaaanyway.

We are very open eaters and spice and herb users - both culinary and medicinal.

It was my girlfriend's idea to start growing cannabis, but we found it very handy to have cilantro on hand, as well as leaf lettuce.

Kratom is another interesting plant that might be worth considering, with a myriad of benefits.

Glad microdosing has worked for you too, it's easy to underestimate the good it does

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
Oooooh Tulsi! How could I forget that... such a beautiful bubblegummy armoa and the medicinal/culinary uses are extensive.

I was a bit dubious to put any climbers/crawlers in there... I can sometimes get negligent and I can just see a pea plant sealing the zipper door shut if I turn my head too long.
Fair enough.

Fwiw, my wife and I have been thinking of ingredients for other cultures' cuisines that we cannot easily buy at a chain grocery store. Hence having a pandan plant now.

Last edited:
beluga

beluga

It was my girlfriend's idea to start growing cannabis, but we found it very handy to have cilantro on hand, as well as leaf lettuce.

Kratom is another interesting plant that might be worth considering, with a myriad of benefits.

Glad microdosing has worked for you too, it's easy to underestimate the good it does
Honestly haven't looked into Kratom, just know its value as an means to break opioid-addiction... which is insanely valuable with the current state of things. I'll have a deeper look.
And, yeah. On a personal level, it's really heartwarming to see psychedelics (especially psilocybin-containing mushrooms) starting to get the recognition and acceptance they deserve. Spiritually (which, in this case, I just mean putting into perspective your place on the Earth) and therapeutically, there's so much to be gained with so little chance for err compared to what's become conventional.

Fair enough.

Fwiw, my wife and I have been thinking of ingredients for other cultures' cuisines that we cannot easily buy at a chain grocery store. Hence having a pandan plant now.
I'm thinking Aleppo... need muhammara in my life and I'd love to do some organically.

beluga

beluga

Day 12 Fleur
DSC 1528

Bit of yellowing on some upper leaves.
DSC 1531

Might have cut their high nitrogen feed a little earlier than they'd have liked. Maybe I should actually test something... 🤔
DSC 1533

Prog rock discussion had me going through some albums I've not visited in a while... I'd be remiss to not give mention to one of the original and greatest...

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
Prog rock discussion had me going through some albums I've not visited in a while... I'd be remiss to not give mention to one of the original and greatest...
Today in "Milson raids the kief crumble and unleashes his 'creativity' on someone's thread," i present.....an album experience for my first time through this classic.
IMG 20201112 231902204
IMG 20201112 231908274
IMG 20201112 231916662
IMG 20201112 231923743
IMG 20201112 231931279

Last edited:
tomatoesarecooltoo

tomatoesarecooltoo

If you decide to grow tomatoes, @tomatoesarecooltoo might have some....input....just guessing....😆😂

Just saw this, get some indeterminants and give them a baddass support if you want to grow some monsters.

Your plants are doing great, beautiful bushes.

beluga

beluga

Today in "Milson raids the kief crumble and unleashes his 'creativity' on someone's thread," i present.....an album experience for my first time through this classic.
View attachment 1054980View attachment 1054981View attachment 1054983View attachment 1054984View attachment 1054985
Written word?!
tenor.gif

Just playin'🙂
I like that your writing is pretty scratchy but, if I let my eyes drift, I can make it out pretty legibly. Kind of like that typing/writing that omits many of the letters of the words but you can still comprehend as if they were all there.
Not sure exactly what you're on about with the alpha/omega energies... but I think I've gotten some similar feelings throughout the years. I'm a quiet observer, so it's often as if I'm a bit of a pushover, but really I'm usually acting as the omega.. the anti.. the immovable object. Maybe I'm just stubborn as fuck.
King Crimson's lyrics get pretty out there, but definitely helped shape my life and make me feel more normal... or, at least that I had camaraderie in my fellow species that I wasn't sure I was even a part of.
Especially things like,
"I'm on the outside, looking inside. What do I see? Much confusion, disillusion all around me."
and
"You don't possess me, don't impress me. Just upset my mind. Can't instruct me, or conduct me. Just use up my time"
Man.. all of I Talk to the Wind still speaks to my defiant misanthrope...

edit: Just saw this was your first time through the album... exciting! (...maybe...)

Last edited:
beluga

beluga

Just saw this, get some indeterminants and give them a baddass support if you want to grow some monsters.

Your plants are doing great, beautiful bushes.
Sounds like a plan, thanks!
I've got a heap of heirloom varieties which I have no idea of the labels they've been given.. I'll probably just throw a few in there and see what sticks. Definitely with a trellis system of sorts. Probably a heavy ceramic pot... I'd guess once they start producing, fabric or plastic won't be offering much unless you weigh it down otherwise.

edit: Just learning about in/determinate varities... seems most heirlooms and cherries are indeed indeterminate. Excellent.

Last edited:
Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
Written word?!
tenor.gif

Just playin'🙂
I like that your writing is pretty scratchy but, if I let my eyes drift, I can make it out pretty legibly. Kind of like that typing/writing that omits many of the letters of the words but you can still comprehend as if they were all there.
Not sure exactly what you're on about with the alpha/omega energies... but I think I've gotten some similar feelings throughout the years. I'm a quiet observer, so it's often as if I'm a bit of a pushover, but really I'm usually acting as the omega.. the anti.. the immovable object. Maybe I'm just stubborn as fuck.
King Crimson's lyrics get pretty out there, but definitely helped shape my life and make me feel more normal... or, at least that I had camaraderie in my fellow species that I wasn't sure I was even a part of.
Especially things like,
"I'm on the outside, looking inside. What do I see? Much confusion, disillusion all around me."
and
"You don't possess me, don't impress me. Just upset my mind. Can't instruct me, or conduct me. Just use up my time"
Man.. all of I Talk to the Wind still speaks to my defiant misanthrope...

edit: Just saw this was your first time through the album... exciting! (...maybe...)
Lol just woke up do this is as sober as i get....

Those lyrics are great.

Imo it's all the same thing, just in flux.

I think the omega is not an immovable object but an object one cannot transform bc it's everything. The symbol is like a rope with slack pumping like a heart. Alpha is doing the same thing. If we get over our time slicing obsession we can see see this looks just like a flame.

They are open at the bottom because that's where the head goes.

These lyrics recognize this.

On the outside looking inside but sensing what's around? It's all con(with)fused(comes together)?

And this is straight bucking the dominance of believing someone who is himself confused, right?

Take that transformation energy and buck it. Don't get to transform my brain y'all! I stay loose!

This is as serious as Milson gets.

I will take another trip through the album today at some point.

Btw kudos for reading my chicken scratch. Obviously i have the fine motor skills of a stuttering ostrich.

beluga

beluga

Lol just woke up do this is as sober as i get....

Those lyrics are great.

Imo it's all the same thing, just in flux.

I think the omega is not an immovable object but an object one cannot transform bc it's everything. The symbol is like a rope with slack pumping like a heart. Alpha is doing the same thing. If we get over our time slicing obsession we can see see this looks just like a flame.

They are open at the bottom because that's where the head goes.

These lyrics recognize this.

On the outside looking inside but sensing what's around? It's all con(with)fused(comes together)?

And this is straight bucking the dominance of believing someone who is himself confused, right?

Take that transformation energy and buck it. Don't get to transform my brain y'all! I stay loose!

This is as serious as Milson gets.

I will take another trip through the album today at some point.

Btw kudos for reading my chicken scratch. Obviously i have the fine motor skills of a stuttering ostrich.
I see what you're saying. I was taking it in a more blunt context of alpha and beta, with omega acting almost as the infinity where roles like that hold no weight.
But, yes... ouroboros... almost has that action in the word itself.

And I've met a lot of people too smart for their own good. They all have chicken scratch, a lot of them so much worse than yours, that I eventually learned to decipher.

edit: I listen to mostly what's known as Chillhop these days... all day, every day... it's nice to go back to things not produced in Ableton that have some distortion and imperfect mixing.

and Toumani... 😍😍😍

Last edited:
Top Bottom