beluga logs it all et al

• Thread starter beluga
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
edit: I listen to mostly what's known as Chillhop these days... all day, every day... it's nice to go back to things not produced in Ableton that have some distortion and imperfect mixing.

and Toumani... 😍😍😍
Do you have any good Chillhop playlists? Spotify and Soundcloud preferred.

I make music in that vein to relax sometimes. Not very good at it, but ya know. I actually use a program called Waveform for it...

And I think those dudes would have just had fun chaining echos, processing each echo differently, playing with panning in more detail, etc. Computer just lets you have a bit more in terms of options...

But I agree on the mixing etc the lofi sound can be dope, especially w beats. Just, if you want to make trippy stuff, the possibilities with computers are cool...going more mainstream I think Frank Ocean is really great with this on Blonde.

beluga

beluga

Search "Chillhop Essentials" on Spotify. They do spring, summer, autumn, winter.
Some of my favorite artists are Wun Two, Psalm Trees, Aso, mt. fujitive, Saib.... the list is Huge.
Most of it is influenced from the late Japanese artist, Nujabes who is absolutely fantastic.
The anime I learned of him from, Samurai Champloo, is also fantastic... if you're into that (it's more watchable to a general audience than most).

Nujabes

bellumromanum

bellumromanum

I believe in symbiotic relationships and plant psychology (romantically, but open to the actuality).

I'm going on a tangent sorry (I'm already pretty blazed) and I'm gonna make a bunch of points that aren't super connected at first but they tie back to my thoughts on plant psychology. Not sorry.

PLEASE UNDERSTAND THIS IS NOT TAKING A SHOT AT ANY METHOD OR PERSON. I'm just ruminating and making anecdotal observations I can extrapolate into assumptions that please my personal confirmation bias(es).

So I was having a conversation the other day about weed with a guy who loves to get high but doesn't really know much about it. He said something to the effect that the weed these days was too strong and he couldn't dab because it gave him anxiety. This is something I've heard a lot, it's become a trope - even comedians reuse this bit too frequently.

- One of the main things my wife has called out since I started growing our own organic nugs in living soil is how she never gets paranoid anymore and gets zero anxiety from our stuff even when dabbing.

- Recently I have been noticing something about all the hydroponic growers I follow on IG - almost all of their plants (and there's one guy who EVERY SINGLE PLANT) are foxtailed AF by the time they harvest. It's not just vertical foxtailing on the top colas either - it's all over. I would think it's genetic but it's every plant, every pheno, every strain. I also notice that nearly every one of their plants shows signs of nute burn at the tips of the leaves. My unqualified hypothesis is that it's all a result of over-feeding in the pursuit of a higher yield and/or better potency

- I started reading about UV light to increase THC potency. I'm certainly not completely against it, especially if that's what you're specifically seeking (potency) but I am concerned about the idea of intentionally irradiating the plant to provoke a defense response

- Recently I found out that CRC exists as a thing and what it is and how it works. Since most of my consumption is dabbing and I primarily consume BHO this pisses me off. One of the most blatant deceptions of the industry yet

So anyways I started thinking about hunting and game meat. Not sure how much hunting you've done but if you shoot and animal and don't kill it cleanly often the meat is ruined. The animal dumps adrenaline and pumps cortisol into it's blood as it stresses.

So *takes another dab* my bro science is going like this; I believe in plant psychology to a certain extent too. These are living things after all. So if you take a plant, put it in an unnatural grow paradigm (does hydro happen in nature? maybe I'm wrong there...), pump it so full of nutrients that it burns and foxtails, then irradiate it with UV to provoke a defense response and increase potency...and then wonder why people get anxiety from the flowers!!!

Then once they're done trimming and bagging that shit up they'll take the larf, leaves stems and whatever else they sweep off the floor, run it as 'nug run live resin' and put it through a CRC so it comes out the other side light yellow/clear like pure gas.

Thanks for coming to my TEDtalk

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
Search "Chillhop Essentials" on Spotify. They do spring, summer, autumn, winter.
Some of my favorite artists are Wun Two, Psalm Trees, Aso, mt. fujitive, Saib.... the list is Huge.
Most of it is influenced from the late Japanese artist, Nujabes who is absolutely fantastic.
The anime I learned of him from, Samurai Champloo, is also fantastic... if you're into that (it's more watchable to a general audience than most).

Nujabes
Vibesssss
Screenshot 20201113 103756

I'm super weird about watching stuff generally, but I have seen ghost in the shell many times and own several graphic novels of it lol. LOVE that shit. Stand Alone Complex is high art to me. Akira is also incredible.

My aesthetic is heavily cyberpunk influenced in general. And japan loves that shit, so we can find places to get along.

beluga

beluga

I'm going on a tangent sorry (I'm already pretty blazed) and I'm gonna make a bunch of points that aren't super connected at first but they tie back to my thoughts on plant psychology. Not sorry.

PLEASE UNDERSTAND THIS IS NOT TAKING A SHOT AT ANY METHOD OR PERSON. I'm just ruminating and making anecdotal observations I can extrapolate into assumptions that please my personal confirmation bias(es).

So I was having a conversation the other day about weed with a guy who loves to get high but doesn't really know much about it. He said something to the effect that the weed these days was too strong and he couldn't dab because it gave him anxiety. This is something I've heard a lot, it's become a trope - even comedians reuse this bit too frequently.

- One of the main things my wife has called out since I started growing our own organic nugs in living soil is how she never gets paranoid anymore and gets zero anxiety from our stuff even when dabbing.

- Recently I have been noticing something about all the hydroponic growers I follow on IG - almost all of their plants (and there's one guy who EVERY SINGLE PLANT) are foxtailed AF by the time they harvest. It's not just vertical foxtailing on the top colas either - it's all over. I would think it's genetic but it's every plant, every pheno, every strain. I also notice that nearly every one of their plants shows signs of nute burn at the tips of the leaves. My unqualified hypothesis is that it's all a result of over-feeding in the pursuit of a higher yield and/or better potency

- I started reading about UV light to increase THC potency. I'm certainly not completely against it, especially if that's what you're specifically seeking (potency) but I am concerned about the idea of intentionally irradiating the plant to provoke a defense response

- Recently I found out that CRC exists as a thing and what it is and how it works. Since most of my consumption is dabbing and I primarily consume BHO this pisses me off. One of the most blatant deceptions of the industry yet

So anyways I started thinking about hunting and game meat. Not sure how much hunting you've done but if you shoot and animal and don't kill it cleanly often the meat is ruined. The animal dumps adrenaline and pumps cortisol into it's blood as it stresses.

So *takes another dab* my bro science is going like this; I believe in plant psychology to a certain extent too. These are living things after all. So if you take a plant, put it in an unnatural grow paradigm (does hydro happen in nature? maybe I'm wrong there...), pump it so full of nutrients that it burns and foxtails, then irradiate it with UV to provoke a defense response and increase potency...and then wonder why people get anxiety from the flowers!!!

Then once they're done trimming and bagging that shit up they'll take the larf, leaves stems and whatever else they sweep off the floor, run it as 'nug run live resin' and put it through a CRC so it comes out the other side light yellow/clear like pure gas.

Thanks for coming to my TEDtalk

First of all, this is a safe space for tangents. I love to read everything and try my best to be thorough and respond accordingly (that doesn't always happen.)

I kind of see where you're coming from about so many forced manipulations of the plants. I do think it can lead to certain levels of things getting way out of hand and have a negative impact on the consumer.

Thinking of wheat and gluten here...
Einkorn, a more ancient form of wheat, is shown to have almost no impact even on people with high gluten intolerance. Why? Because the levels are so low and because the other constituents haven't been bred out. Modern varieties that have been selected over the years for their fat, protein-rich seeds have come to be something that our bodies cannot handle anymore because it basically has gotten to the point of maximum capacity (there's a term that is more accurate that I'm at a loss for right now.)

I believe this to be true with the psychoactive constituents of cannabis, too. I think selecting them for simply just the inebriating, psychedelic effects has made it so that the bud has no depth-of-field like those indigenous varieties do. That's why I crave those landrace and heirloom varieties, personally.

I don't think acute growing methods necessarily have so much to do with it, but I may be wrong. I've grown hydroponically with salts for most of my experience and it's hit or miss if I get foxtailing or any negative effects from the (presumably) heirloom varieties that I choose.

beluga

beluga

VibesssssView attachment 1055143

I'm super weird about watching stuff generally, but I have seen ghost in the shell many times and own several graphic novels of it lol. LOVE that shit. Stand Alone Complex is high art to me. Akira is also incredible.

My aesthetic is heavily cyberpunk influenced in general. And japan loves that shit, so we can find places to get along.
I'm a picky anime watcher... they get out of hand.
Love Ghost in the Shell.
You might like Cowboy Bebop, from the same creator as Samurai Champloo.
Paranoia Agent was a mindfuck in the best possible way. Big O.
You might like the movie Summer Wars.
Akira is, of course, legendary. Ninja Scroll, also legendary.
Fullmetal Alchemist is heavy if you can get through the kid aspects which are quickly fleeting and pretty dark from the get-go.

There's so much anime that, if you appreciate art and animation as a field of art, there's gonna be something for everyone if you can get past the stigma of anime as a thing. And the fucking voices... ugh. Cowboy Bebop and Samurai Champloo are great for not annoying the hell out of you with voice actors.

tomatoesarecooltoo

tomatoesarecooltoo

Absolutely. It'll be frozen soon enough, but I've got 3/4 acre... haven't done my garden beds yet.

Siiiiiiick.

If I had a blank slate I would do long narrow beds, like 30ft by 3ft with drip lines running straight down each bed. The tomato beds would be supported with a Florida weave.

Basically like this

beluga

beluga

Siiiiiiick.

If I had a blank slate I would do long narrow beds, like 30ft by 3ft with drip lines running straight down each bed. The tomato beds would be supported with a Florida weave.

Basically like this
That's definitely part of the vision. Half (probably more) of that 3/4 acre is an Oak forest... I also want to do Oysters, Shiitakes, Lion's Mane, Reishi, etc.... Chickens and ducks... Maybe throw a goat in there 🤣.
Dreaming right now. But it's an open slate for the most part.
For now, I'm just going for the polyculture in the grow tent to make up for some of the summer produce that gets anemic and expensive during the winter months.

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
I'm a picky anime watcher... they get out of hand.
Love Ghost in the Shell.
You might like Cowboy Bebop, from the same creator as Samurai Champloo.
Paranoia Agent was a mindfuck in the best possible way. Big O.
You might like the movie Summer Wars.
Akira is, of course, legendary. Ninja Scroll, also legendary.
Fullmetal Alchemist is heavy if you can get through the kid aspects which are quickly fleeting and pretty dark from the get-go.

There's so much anime that, if you appreciate art and animation as a field of art, there's gonna be something for everyone if you can get past the stigma of anime as a thing. And the fucking voices... ugh. Cowboy Bebop and Samurai Champloo are great for not annoying the hell out of you with voice actors.
I have some cowboy bebop. Really cool vibe. The actual plot made me feel weird.

Paranoia Agent sounds cool.

You don't by any chance like pynchon, do you? Or Beckett.

beluga

beluga

I have some cowboy bebop. Really cool vibe. The actual plot made me feel weird.

Paranoia Agent sounds cool.

You don't by any chance like pynchon, do you? Or Beckett.
Unfamiliar as far as I know. Admittedly, I've always had a hard time with novels (if my brief search into those names led me right.)
Textbooks I devour. Novels... I dunno. I have to revisit them because I love philosophy, too, and all the good novels generally touch heavily on that.

tomatoesarecooltoo

tomatoesarecooltoo

For now, I'm just going for the polyculture in the grow tent to make up for some of the summer produce that gets anemic and expensive during the winter months.

I tried that once, didn't work out great for me. The cannabis took over the tent and shaded out the tomatoes and the peppers. The lettuce did fine co-planted with the cannabis. Can definitely be done with smarter companion plantings.

Have you read this?
https://www.amazon.com/Carrots-Love-Tomatoes-Companion-Successful/dp/1580170277

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
Unfamiliar as far as I know. Admittedly, I've always had a hard time with novels (if my brief search into those names led me right.)
Textbooks I devour. Novels... I dunno. I have to revisit them because I love philosophy, too, and all the good novels generally touch heavily on that.
So if you watch the movie inherent vice (paul thomas anderson with a sick cast), the book by pynchon is "his most accessible" and basically my bible right now. Also has tons of pot and drugs! I don't know of anyone who interprets it like i do, which is reading it against Deleuze and Guitarri's Capitalism and Schizophrenia, but within that frame it's just spitting genius in every direction.

Beckett....

That is raw, unfettered genius imo. Yes they're saying the same words for two rounds. If i could ever capture a sensation in my art the way he does in this, i would be my own personal god. Like that would be perception of atman to me.

If you like philosophy....

This is what inherent vice is about imo. And that concept or mental framework has been like a bomb in my psyche. Ymmv.

The rhizomes essay in question is easy to find and again, it's brilliant.

beluga

beluga

I tried that once, didn't work out great for me. The cannabis took over the tent and shaded out the tomatoes and the peppers. The lettuce did fine co-planted with the cannabis. Can definitely be done with smarter companion plantings.

Have you read this?
https://www.amazon.com/Carrots-Love-Tomatoes-Companion-Successful/dp/1580170277
I have not. I'll have to give it a read. Thanks for the recommendation.

As far as my cannabis taking over, I kind of hope for my tent to be split into quadrants, especially given the way I ended up building my lights... which only suffice for 1/4 of the footprint. So, I'm thinking/hoping to have at least a gap between the containers/rhizosphere of cannabis and everything else.. and between each of them as necessary.
It's a big crap shoot with probably lots of pseudoscience on my part for what I know of plant symbiosis and all that, but I figure having them at least in close proximity will see some mutual benefits... definitely to me and my wife as consumers... but, hopefully to the plant ecology as well.

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
So if you watch the movie inherent vice (paul thomas anderson with a sick cast), the book by pynchon is "his most accessible" and basically my bible right now. Also has tons of pot and drugs! I don't know of anyone who interprets it like i do, which is reading it against Deleuze and Guitarri's Capitalism and Schizophrenia, but within that frame it's just spitting genius in every direction.

Beckett....

That is raw, unfettered genius imo. Yes they're saying the same words for two rounds. If i could ever capture a sensation in my art the way he does in this, i would be my own personal god. Like that would be perception of atman to me.

This is what inherent vice is about imo. And that concept or mental framework has been like a bomb in my psyche. Ymmv.

Oh and btw i have been thinking about ourobouros since you mentioned it and it totally fits. Like omega and alpha but one is flipped. Two sides of the same which is infinite lol. Yay.

beluga

beluga

Beckett....

You had me at Alan Rickman❤ (still watching... although it does prod at the fears of my own schizophrenic predisposition.)

Just saw that first trailer linked, too. Looks right the fuck up my alley.

Last edited:
Flexnerb

Flexnerb

Beckett....

Is that joaquin pheonix?

Edit. Fuck yeah!, ill be seein that one..rona aint holdin me back

Last edited:
Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
You had me at Alan Rickman❤ (still watching... although it does prod at the fears of my own schizophrenic predisposition.)

Nobody writes schizophrenic disposition better than Beckett.

I have never, for any reason, cried harder than I did when I finished malone dies. The death of the mental landscape of the schizophrenic main character through a winding down as the body fails is just.....God I'm tearing up hard just recalling it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom