beluga logs it all et al

• Thread starter beluga
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
That's consistent with what I've observed from both his posts and other's experience with his gear. I like supporting those business ethics.

I've grown out his dragon cheese and it was on point. Exactly as described, 2 main phenos and both very hardy and just covered in resin. Amazing hash producers. My last run with his stuff looked stunning but i had bad luck male ratios and then accidentally killed the survivors in a garden disaster. But.. I have faith his gear is solid as rock.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Yup and silica helps.

IMO and I have never had WPM is that to dry is even worse for WPM. The worst conditions are dry day and wet nights. Humidity can be kept much much higher than most think. The important part is that leaves are kept from stacking and causing condensate. Good airflow helps prevent the microclimates from reaching really high levels around the dew point. Room humidity can be like 70% without issue IMO. Even in a climate of 40% if leaves are stacking they are going to hit 100% Rh at the leaf and thats where you get issues... not the 70% in the room. Low humidity can also stress the plants and stressed plants are more sustainable to infection.

The biggest culprit IMO is the Rh after light out as the temps drop. Ppl often do not pay attention to how much this can spike and I would say its likely the number 1 reason for infection. I run pretty humidity rooms right to the end and never had an issue but I always pay close attention to that humidity spike at lights out.

Big humidity swing cause explosive growth and spread because dry will aid spore dispersion and wet will aid germination. Keeping RH lower at night that day is a good practice if you can do it. And keeping leaves from stacking on eachother is crucial.

beluga

beluga

So, either way, consistent levels will likely discourage it? Basement in an 80-year-old house with this type shit:
20201108 141031

The spores, no doubt, are present. Keeping them from germinating is my main priority.
I'm sure low RH is not optimal, but if I understand what you're saying, consistency should do better inevitable of the levels, as opposed to those drastic swings?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

So, either way, consistent levels will likely discourage it? Basement in an 80-year-old house with this type shit:
View attachment 1057489

The spores, no doubt, are present. Keeping them from germinating is my main priority.
I'm sure low RH is not optimal, but if I understand what you're saying, consistency should do better inevitable of the levels, as opposed to those drastic swings?
Keeping microclimates in control and the humidity spike at lights out down imo is the key. Spores can and do exist its a matter of not letting them germ and spread. From the research I have done this won't happen over night but rather takes several days of favorable conditions so if ya keep the leave from stacking with good airflow and the night spike from reaching dew point... all should be well.

beluga

beluga

Keeping microclimates in control and the humidity spike at lights out down imo is the key. Spores can and do exist its a matter of not letting them germ and spread. From the research I have done this won't happen over night but rather takes several days of favorable conditions so if ya keep the leave from stacking with good airflow and the night spike from reaching dew point... all should be well.
Nice.
I think since I have a boiler nearby and its hot water pipes over top the tent, it keeps the temps constant day and night, which is the only place I could see a swing being generated.
The strip LEDs generate such a negligent amount of heat, as well, that I don't see them contributing much of anything in that regard.
Passive intake, in-line exhaust recirculates the constant RH basement air.
Only thing I can see is adding that in-tent circulation to shake things up a little more.

All this speculation in lieu of just putting a monitor or two in there... 😑

beluga

beluga

So, since I plan to doing some breeding (or just playing Eros for a couple of plants 🏹💘 ll 🤬👶),
I figure I should figure (🤨) out at least some of what they've got to offer, presumably.
I don't like to bash a vendor, but this one is defunct because they ended up receiving such a terrible reputation... mostly just for misrepresenting seeds as feminized or auto and also having lots of herms... most of the positive reviews were of the nature of, "this was definitely this strain, even though a bunch of these fem seeds were male..."
Basically, I'm sure they're the colloquial pollen-chuckers (I think that's what you guys call them?)
Their seeds were cheap ($20 for 5 packs), they had maybe a dozen varieties, they were from Arizona (whatever that means.)
So, I can only imagine, like so many have probably endeavored to do, they likely just got reg seeds, open pollinated, and ran with it.

So! This vendor was Aurora Winds Botanical.
I cannot, for the life of me, find anything on their Trainwreck or Blue Velvet lineages.
So, I'm gonna work off of popularity, commonality, and sheer romance. I.e. - nothing valid.

Trainwreck (Arcata)
Since it's clone-only. We're obviously working with a mixed bag from the get-go.

A brief history
A topnotch favorite amongst recreational and medical users, Trainwreck is one of the most potent cannabis strains whose genetics are made up of Mexican Sativa, Thai Sativa and Afghani Indica making it a Sativa-dominant Hybrid.

Its origins are a bit ill-defined, but word is, a couple of brothers from California harvested their crops early due to a train wreck that had occurred nearby and did not want the emergency crew to stumble unexpectedly upon their produce. Yet, most can agree that Trainwreck first appeared perhaps in the city of Arcata or Humbuldt County, better known as the Emerald Triangle, the largest cannabis-producing region not only in Northern California, but in the United States as well. There is also much debate over when the strain originated, arguing that it emerged on the scene sometime between the 60’s and the 80’s.

Humboldt Seed Company Genealogy
Screen-Shot-2020-11-19-at-7-51-10-AM.png

There are/were probably a dozen other vendors who have something labeled as simply 'Trainwreck' and most of them just state that it's a US-bred indica/sativa hybrid. Cool!
Greenhouse claims theirs is an IBL. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that's pretty much bullshit. Maybe there was some breeding back done, but... meh.

So, I'm basically gonna run with HSC's variety probably crossed with itself.

Blue Velvet (Blueberry Thai)
So much more straightforward - thanks DJ Short; Dutch Passion.

A brief history
Blue Velvet was bred by DJ Short in the Bay Area decades ago. Somehow, it found its way to the Dutch scene and is more widely available today.

The strain is a result of a cross between the Sativa Purple Thai and the Indica Afghani. While it is a balanced split, its Sativa side is more evident and complemented well by its Indica side.

And from Dutch Passion
After many years in our genebank Blue Velvet, sister of our famous Blueberry, is back. Blue Velvet is 50% indica/50% sativa although the indica genetics are the dominant ones which tend to be expressed more clearly. The parent genetics come from Purple Thai (a cross of Oaxaca Gold and a special Chocolate Thai) and a powerful Afghani Indica. In the 1990’s Dutch Passion worked together with the original Blueberry breeder, this was the time when Dutch Passion first introduced the Blueberry family into Europe. Blue Velvet has been bred using original seed-stock from that 1990’s breeding project.

DJ Short Genealogy
Screen-Shot-2020-11-19-at-8-41-56-AM.png

Dutch Passion Genealogy
Screen-Shot-2020-11-19-at-8-41-22-AM.png

Nice and undisputed. Well, except for the dominant traits. Either way. Good stuff away from the haze (not that haze) of lore and gucci rockstar breedery.

So, there's some cool stuff going on in these varieties.
There's a chance of getting a pure Afghan.
There's the purple trait (anthocyanin... [if anyone has been up on my mushroom posts - note this cyanid compound and its relation to the oxidization of psilocybin... neat little correlation there.]) that I just 😵🥴🤤 over.
And there are a Toooon of sativas going on in there from all over the globe.

So, I don't really have the wherewithal to go into each sativa and their specificity.
But what I can say is that it's gonna be a super sativa mutt with a little Afghani floating around in there. Some Indian and some unknown indica's (like Matanuska), as well.

Should prove to be an interesting project that will probably take me years to sort out.
Although... if I make a bunch of PopPod™'s and throw moms in with em...🤔

Neat.

Last edited:
beluga

beluga

Day 19 Fleur
DSC 1645
DSC 1646

Welp. Dehumidifier is bone dry.
So, I tested my filtered tap water's pH - 7.1!
That's one thing down... now I'll see how the heavy metals, etc. might be.
It's municipal water, so it's not as shot-in-the-dark as some well water I've had in the past. Looked into the levels and additives and it's not so bad. But there're also 80-year-old pipes 🤷‍♂️
We'll see. Gave them their first taste just earlier.

Added an oscillating HEPA tower fan... bet they'll like that.

Duhhh... that's about it.

Trying to relearn camera controls that I haven't used in 10 years... coming back slowly.
DSC 1664
DSC 1670

Think I'll endeavor to get a macro lens... maybe a Christmas/birthday present to myself.
Bud photography seems like one of those peripheral hobbies I might get sucked into.

🥥🍆🥥 (A)
DSC 1672

So close...
Probably right on schedule... I hear around day 21 to be optimal for pollination.

beluga

beluga

Ω
A
Let's Talk About Sex!

I've dabbled a little with getting two plants to doink. Some open pollination, some selective pollination.
It's pretty easy and as straightforward as your own horizontal monster mash.
But, I figure I should get a larger picture of the more refined process.

First, I'm gonna just bite off a bunch of stuff from around the internet.
Then I'll interpret and do my own little paraphrased process.

A breeding tutorial from Leafly:
Procedure:

1. Sanitize
First, you must work within a clean and sanitized environment. Begin by cleaning your isolation chamber in preparation of receiving the female plant. A clean space will both help to prevent cross-contamination and provide a safe and sanitary place for the plant to fully mature. Diluting a small concentration of bleach or isopropyl alcohol with water should do the trick. Don’t forget to sanitize any pollination tools, like your paint brush, as well.

Make sure that your isolation chamber does not contain any female plants that you do not wish to breed with. This will ensure the prevention of unwanted cross-pollination. However, if more than one female cannabis plant must mature within the same space, implementing the following selective pollination technique (which involves using plastic baggies and some ties to protect the pollinated colas) should still adequately protect your room.

2. Collect Pollen
Male cannabis plants will begin to show their pollen sacs within the first week or two into their bloom phase. Shortly after, these sacs will open and pollen will become abundantly available. Once a desirable male plant has been identified, remove it from any female plants and isolate it immediately. The goal is to collect the staminate pollen without accidentally open-pollinating any other female plant.

Keep the desired male plant in isolation throughout the pollen collection process, then terminate the male to be safe. By using a small paintbrush, you can carefully collect pollen into a plastic bag or glass jar.

Keep in mind that pollen is “alive” and that humidity can dramatically affect the viability of the pollen. For storage, keep male pollen sealed in an airtight container and store in a cold, dark space such as a freezer for long-term holding. If you plan to access your pollen more than a few times per year, it’s generally better to keep it in a refrigerator because the temperature swing from storage to room temperature is much lower. Properly stored pollen may last for over a year under ideal conditions.

3. Selectively Propagate
A female cannabis plant in bloom is mature enough to receive pollen once flowers begin to form hair-like stigma. Without complicating this process too much, the object of selective pollination is to place male pollen onto specific branches or colas from which the breeder wishes to produce seeds. Each cola can produce hundreds of seeds if pollinated properly.

Choosing which/how many branches to pollinate will come down to grower/breeder preference. A single cannabis bud that has been pollinated can easily yield 20-30 mature seeds.

To complete this process:
  1. Make sure there is negative pressure in the isolation chamber before continuing.
  2. Prepare by collecting the baggie containing your male pollen, a paintbrush, and gloves.
  3. Gently collect a small amount of pollen from the collection baggie with your brush (a little goes a very, very long way).
  4. Run the brush gently across desired female flowers, making sure to only run the bristles across the tops of each stigma.
  5. Once a cola has been pollinated, you may seal the cola by covering it with a clean plastic baggie and tying it off to form an airtight seal (this will prevent cross-contamination). Note: this step is not necessary if (a) you intend to pollinate the entire plant in isolation, or (b) you do not have any issues with potentially finding a few seeds throughout the rest of your pollinated plant. (Pollen spreads easily, making this is a possibility.)
  6. To prevent any further contamination, keep your isolation chamber sealed throughout the maturation process.
This application process should repeat 1-3 times over the course of a week or two. After the fourth week of bloom, you may suspend your process. Should you need to reintroduce your pollenated female back into a room with other maturing female plants, you can rinse the plant down with clean water immediately following pollination to remove any excess pollen. This isn’t one hundred percent fail-proof, but when done carefully and correctly it can encourage the plant to breathe a little better.

4. Harvest and Collect Seeds

Your seeds should be fully mature once the plant has completed senescence. For ripe plants containing seed stock, it’s best to let the life cycle exacerbate fully before harvesting to give seeds their maximum time to mature.

After you harvest and dry your plants, it’s then time to collect seeds. Fully mature seeds are darker and often contain striped patterns covering their encasing. If executed correctly, you should yield a healthy quantity of seeds no matter how may colas you choose to pollinate. Congratulations, you’re now a certified home breeder!

Some blurbs from our own Grow FAQ:

When to pollinate?

The way to decide when to pollinate the female is by counting BACK from the end of her flowering period 4 weeks...this allows the seeds enough time to mature before harvest.

The seeds should be allowed to dry in the buds after harvest, as they do continue to mature during the drying process.
How to Take and Use Pollen
Collection

As the picture shows, this male plant is raring to go. (My totally simple pollen collection technique in action.) I recommend doing this only after you have closed the ladies up for the night. Shut off any fans in the vicinity, as pollen is an airborne 'agent' and will travel for quite some distance if allowed.

Also be considerate of household members that are sensitive to pollen

1) Place a dry, sterile, open bag/container under the opening male flowers.

2) Gently tap the stem with a finger. The pollen will slowly settle into the container. (If you are careful, only a few flowers will fall into the mix.

3) Remove any flower/plant parts that land in your container with the pollen. Tap them off gently before removing, to recover the pollen. (Moisture = BAD)

4) Dilute pollen with sterilized flour at a four-to-one ratio. This will allow more coverage if required (Optional)

5) Refrigerate until use. (Viable for around 3-5 days)

6) Immediately change your clothing and clean up before going near your female plants.

[Also, it is a good idea to isolate your pets during this time. I had a cat run in once when I was collecting pollen and after I chased it out, it promptly ran downstairs and into my Flowering room. A month later I had some very unusually crossed beans]

This is a real easy and practical method for harvesting a small amount.

Pollination disclaimer: This method is not recommended for everybody. Cross-pollination is often a result of pollinating plants in the presence of other females. Proceed at your own risk.

Due to weak branches, space and size considerations, etc., it may be necessary to pollinate your plants without removing them from the others. If possible, I would advise removing the female to be fertilized prior, but when that isn't possible, this is a good alternative.

Step 1
Wait till the grow lights go off as scheduled, and shut down all of the fans. Adjust your timers to eliminate 'surprises'. Eliminate any drafts in the outer and adjoining room and shut off your furnaceAC. The room must have zero air movement before you begin. Place a small garbage bag in a pocket at this time, later you can put all of the pollen 'tools' inside it when finished.

Step 2
Strategically locate the female(s) to seed next to each other and against a wall earlier in the grow. Now prepare a clear plastic drop cloth to isolate these plants from the rest of the garden. The plastic featured here is 4' high and 7' long.

Tape a straight edge against the far side of the tarp so that you can anchor it against the wall securely. You do not want it to come down! Use the thinnest plastic you can find to avoid excess moisture and damage to the plants. Because it is thin, be very careful to avoid damaging it.

Step 3
After arranging your divider by draping it loosely between the plants, (do not anchor it yet), mist the floor, net pots and buckets with distilled water. This will neutralize any errant pollen that drifts by or lands on the floor.

Thoroughly mist the other plants that you do not want to pollinate, being careful to avoid blowback on the plants to be fertilized.

Step 4
I prefer to wear tight-fitting clothes during this procedure to reduce pollen transfer. Carefully retrieve the pollen container, put the brush inside (a Q-tip will work for smaller amounts.) and place it into a larger, clean, storage bag. After sealing it shut, wipe the outside with a damp cloth to remove any pollen. This is important, you do not want any pollen to escape during the trip to the selected plants.

Step 5
Select the branches that you intend to fertilize and label them with computer labels. This will aid in identification later. Avoid going overboard here. A single MJ plant is capable of producing several thousand beans; only pollinate a few depending on your needs.

Make sure that the branches to be pollinated are in an area that will get good light coverage. Avoid pollinating the extreme lower branches, as they will likely not mature into viable seeds.

Step 6
While wearing gloves, position the bags nearby and below the branch and lightly coat the paintbrush with pollen. While holding the brush a short distance (3-6") above the target bud, lightly tap the brush, releasing pollen onto the fertile flower(s) below.

Do not contact the flowers directly with the brush. The 'tap' is similar to tapping off the ash on a joint, be careful, a little pollen goes a long way. For interior buds, simply tap the end of the brush lightly against the stems.

Try to select branches that are nearest to a wall, to avoid direct contact with other non-pollinated branches. Cross-pollination will occur anyway, but usually only a few extra seeds are a result.

Step 7
When you are satisfied with the coverage, seal up the inner bag, remove your gloves carefully and place them in the larger zip lock before sealing it as well. Now place the bag into the clean garbage bag that was previously secured in your pocket.

You may wish to remove your shirt slowly and place it in the bag as well.

Keep a wet washcloth nearby to wipe off your face, arms, legs and other pollen magnet areas. Doing this will reduce the spread of pollen as you leave the area. Remove the pollen bag from the room and return after washing up.

Step 8
Secure the far end of the plastic barrier to the wall. Be careful to do this slowly to avoid stirring up the air/pollen. Secure the end closest to the door using squares of stiff cardboard and tacks. These are essentially homemade roofing felt nails and will prevent the plastic from tearing.

Now shut them in for the night, making sure that the fan(s) are still disabled. You may need to raise the lights during the lights on period to compensate for the lack of fans.

This continues for 48 hours. On the third day's lights off time, mist the fertilized plants thoroughly to take out any viable pollen that remains behind, in the morning turn on the fans and adjust the light(s) as normal.

Remove the plastic divider after one week when you are certain that there is no contamination threat.

Remember at the end of the grow to thoroughly clean your grow room with a damp cloth to remove all traces of pollen.

Four to five weeks later, you should have a bunch of viable beans to grow or share with your friends and nature.
Uncle Ben's method
You have several choices for collecting and using pollen. Males will show as a football-like "ball" on a small, short petiole (stem) at the node sites. Once the pollen pods form, they will elongate via a stem, droop, and the flower bracts will open. After about one week after pollen pods first start to form, or upon complete opening of the male flower bracts, the male anther's will shed pollen which will appear as pale, yellow dust.

Males do not take much light to survive once they reach flowering stage. Leave your male plant(s) in the grow room until the first male pollen bracts just begin to crack, and then move 'em into another room with a typical 12/12 schedule, this can be simulated with light thru a window or a fluorescent light fixture.

You have a choice of placing this plant in a very quiet room with no air movement, set on clean paper, or, you can cut the branches off, making a clean slanted cut with a razor blade, and place the branches in a vase of water over paper. Collect the pollen once it begins shedding by placing a glazed ceramic plate or paper plate under the flowers and gently tap the individual branches. Pick out any flowers which tend to drop once in a while.

The pollen will be like dust, so don't visit the garden until you have taken a bath, or you may end up pollinating plants you didn't intend on pollinating.

Collect the pollen over time and place it into a clean vial like a film canister. I really like using a paper plate held under a group of flowers, and then gently thumping the stem. After collecting the pollen, the paper plate can be creased, held over a vial, and the sides and edges thumped until all the pollen is shaken into the vial. Shape the paper plate like a creased funnel.

For a pollen carrier, heat about 2 or 3 teaspoons of flour in an oven set to 180f for 20 minutes or in a small pot set on low heat, let it cool thoroughly, and mix with the pollen to dilute it. I use a ratio of about 1/4 teaspoon pollen to 3 teaspoon flour and have very successful pollination rates. Store in small containers like contact lens cases or film canister, excluding as much air as possible and store in the refrigerator for long term use. Remember, it only takes one male to fertilize one female ovule, and there are millions of pollen cells in a 1/4 teaspoon of pollen so be sure and dilute it.

Use a small artist brush (my preferred method) or toothpick to pollinate a few of the lower branches which have fresh, white pistils, label the pollinated branches, and harvest your seeds in 3 to 6 weeks. I just cure the seeded branches with the rest of the crop, and tear apart the seeded buds with my fingers. You'll find the seeds close to the stem. Store the seeds in the fridge or freezer, labeled of course, with a little dessicant like silica gel or heat treated (sterilized) rice for long term storage.
How long can I store it?
If stored dark, dried and cool you are safe keeping pollen 3 to 4 days. It is difficult to keep viable being highly susceptible to molds

Alright. Now me. (So...)

So, most importantly, of course, is keeping your plants from haplessly smashing their DNA together.
Well, that is, if you want to still have a mostly sinsemilla plant.

So, you need to isolate them from each other - see PopPod™'s

So, males tend to ripen somewhere around 2-3 weeks...
Females, around 7-20 weeks...

Females need 4 weeks to develop viable seeds.
- They also need adequate light - those lower popcorn buds, while tempting to pollinate because they are otherwise just hash material or a nuisance to harvest, are not gonna be great for seed production... of course. There's no dedication to it. They want to ripen seeds in those fat, healthy, swollen calyxes that we love fondling and consuming. Those fat, healthy, swollen calyxes get us kabooted and make their seeds kaboosted.
I.e - the healthier the receiving ovary/ova, the more robust the seed they will produce, the more rigorous the legacy they will ensure.
I imagine the same applies to the male's sperm.
Unfortunate that you have to lose your prized colas.. but it'll be worth it.

Pollen only lasts about 4 days - 1 year under proper conditions🤨

Hm..
I can go on the assumption that over-development of cannabis seeds is not so much an issue as with your baby with a full head of hair and five teeth that you have to push out of your vagina...
Also, out in the wilds, the males are just gonna splooge whenever they want anyway, inevitable of their counterpart's stage of fertility.
So, since I don't know exactly, the peak ripeness of the variety I'm growing; I'll just err on the side of using the pollen immediately so to ensure its viability.
Optimally, you want your pistils to be bright white and sticking out prominently from their calyx.

So!
Pollen is floaty. It's intention is to stick to things and be carried by the wind. That's great. And fucking terrible.
So, we need to keep conscious of its mobility and our own contamination. Clothes, skin, hair, wind.. all carriers. Water, thankfully and not, destroys pollen.
So, collect it in isolation and clean yourself off. Mix the pollen with a heavier carrier. Wet the parts of the plant you don't want to be pollinated.

I think that about covers my interpretations... I mean, it doesn't. I could probably go on and on in an ever-diluting tangent until I'm talking about cinnamon rolls (🤤).

Cannabis
Cannabis_sativa_Koehler_drawing.jpg

A. Male Plant
1. Male flowers​
2. Stamen (anther & filament)​
3. Stamen with pollen (anther holds pollen, filament holds anther)​
4. Unit of pollen? Sperm?​
B. Female Plant
5. Fertile Calyx and Pistils​
6-7. Developing seed​
8-10. Mature seed​
11-13. Germinating seed​

My Pollination Plan

• Isolate males from females and grow to fertility​
• Collect pollen​
- Sanitize some flour by baking it at 180ºF for 20 minutes - store in a clean jar to cool​
- In isolation, tap ripe and open male flower's pollen into a bag​
- (Optional - depending on plant matter contamination) Sift the pollen through a sieve to remove unwanted plant matter​
- Mix in 4x the amount of sanitized flour as pollen (1:4 ratio, pollen : flour) and store in clean jar​
• Change clothes and shower​
• Turn off all fans, HVAC, etc. in and around female flowering area, allowing passive air exchange to create a slight negative pressure.​
• Label selected female budsites with twist ties, etc.​
• Cover selected female budsites with a plastic bag​
• Spray down the rest of the plant with distilled water, remove plastic bags from selected budsites​
• Collect some pollen/flour on a paintbrush and carefully (from above) tap it onto your selected female's pistils​
• Leave fans off for 48 hours.​

Last edited:
beluga

beluga

Day 20 Fleur
DSC 1675
DSC 1677

As it goes. No ill effect from their new water source yet. That's good.
I think they like the extra air.

DSC 1678
DSC 1681

The aroma is still evolving... still predominately pine and lemon... but now it's almost an even mix and the lemon is taking on a little more of the fruitiness of lemons... hints of peppercorn and a little skunk still in the background... mmph. Lovely.

Mr is basically to the point of 🔵🔵
DSC 1691

I did just notice that he's getting some mold where he was topped 😨
So I'm gonna take him outside tomorrow and give him a little H2O2 treatment and maybe wax that top there.
So close little guy... just a little longer!
Evidently the PopPod does not quite have adequate enough air exchange. Enough to not suffocate the little guy, not enough to provide enough current to discourage mold. I guess that should be expected.
Also gives me the insight to know that I absolutely cannot let those unfavorable microclimates form among the ladies.
Might need a gustier fan.

Been thinking about epsom salts... I'll touch more on that later.

Excited to use this stuff - thanks again for the discount notification @_mahavishnu
DSC 1689

If anyone wants some PBP, it's still $40 a piece on Amazon.

See you guys on the other side... 🍄🍵😵🤩

beluga

beluga

Week 3 Fleur
DSC 1706
DSC 1712

Opened up the other door of the tent today... don't think I've done that since installing the new light... 😬
DSC 1719
DSC 1738

Aromas, ever-evolving.
DSC 1750

Really becoming a complex bouquet.
The pine is becoming a base note.
The lemon is going from zest to fruits like apple and grape. Maybe a green grape mixed with lemon and a little bit of strawberry. It's getting fucking fruity and I'm getting fruity for it.
Slight skunkiness. Enough to let you know it's in the room.
And the green peppercorn, adding a medicinal sophistication.

I'm daydreaming about it having PPD in it.
Oregon Grape. Purple Haze.
I wonder if I can provoke the cyanidins...

And my sweet Mr. Man 😞
DSC 1699
DSC 1698

So sorry, fella.
DSC 1700

You're almost there.
In my obsessing over keeping him from pollinating his giant Amazonian women, I forgot to water the little bugger.
I forgot to keep him well.
So, I took him out, cleaned him up with some peroxide, watered him good, fondled his nuts, and decked out his shack with a little more ventilation.
DSC 1702

I hope it finds you feeling well, my sweet little man.
He's getting fruity smelling, too 😍

This has turned from a stopgap to up my winter stash into a full-on obsession with these very last two beans of mine.
They found me. I owe it to them.
I could have bought some of those sweet Panama ace seeds... but I can no longer see it right. (yet.)
There's too much in these. Sativas galore. A handful of indicas.
The amount of variety could probably keep me busy for a lifetime.
No one in my Scottish family has had red hair for four generations. My sister recently had a ginger girl. She's washed down with a mutthood only worthy of the nomadiest of nomads. It came through.
What could come through with these..?

beluga

beluga

Day 22 Fleur
DSC 1755
DSC 1756

A very steady pace from yesterday for the girls.
Dehumidifier has been collecting again, so they're back to their original water source... for now.
Good to know I have options on that front.

They're getting quite sugary.
DSC 1766

And stacking.
DSC 1772

Oh, buddy!!
DSC 1777
DSC 1778

DSC 1779

So proud of you, little guy.
I have to wonder if he'd have opened up were he not under-watered and being attacked.
I'd think that would prompt quicker flowering. But... 22 days ain't bad.

I'll probably start collecting tomorrow.

If you would have told my 17-year-old self just how thrilled I am about a male right now, I'd have probably slapped you.
Actually, I would have just made a weird face and walked away.
...I probably still would do that.

Also:

Video-Capture-20201122-220206.jpg

🔥🔥🍄🍄😍🍄🍄🔥🔥

beluga

beluga

beluga guts

This song is appropriate to this thought and I'm listening to it as I elaborate.
She's been equated to a squealing banshee with a speech impediment... so.. if that's not your thing, don't listen to it.
I love it; her own voice, her harping, and her arrangements.

It's been a fair portion of my life that I've participated in these online communities.
Fifteen years, give or take.
Not once have my fellows in flesh participated in one with me.
Not once have I taken one of you fellows into the flesh.
But it still leaves an impact; shapes me and the thoughts I generate.
You all develop voices and tones and colors and heights and auras.
I can see you gesticulate.
I adopt your mannerisms.
It's so odd. And has always felt like an outlet for the asocialite in me.
But that's where a duality forms... clearly I'm satisfying a craving for community.
...while also taking hermitry from those fleshy ones.
At the end of the day, it's healthy for me and helps me to interact with people face-to-face; in all facets.
I suppose it's just a moderation thing that might be itching at me right now.
Pandemics give a lot of way for filling voids and justifying certain behaviors... I suppose.

Saturday night,
As I was standing out in my yard, looking through the bare trees that obscure the view to the hill on the other side of the valley
It's a large valley. Miles wide, with a small city occupying the valley.
You can see thousands of tiny lights. Toy cars playing human activity.
The noises, though more audible with the absence of leaves, are faint and inconsequential.
I share with the parallel hilltop, an opposing road that follows the ridge and falls into the veins of the city.
The toy cars play their joyrides there, too.
Such a strange connectedness. They're practically within my grasp.
At the very least, I could traverse my hill, the backyards of my neighbors, across the floor of the valley, and meet them in the middle.
Surely, on foot, I could meet up with those toy cars.

The slightest movement saw the thousands of tiny lights dance in an overwhelming harmony.
Lots of high pressure sodium.
Grow forums...
A thousand conversations rush my reminiscence and force an ambivalent grin.
So many not thought of in so long.
The impressions on my character draw a map of their influence.
The fleshy ones, too. Theirs is deeply ingrained - it shows on my skin.
But the binary ones... they cast an ethereal network.
Like how muscle and connective tissue appear on an x-ray.

Then I look up.

Orion, Ursa Major, Minor, Cassiopea, Castor.
Pollux, too.
The gas giants.
Our red neighbor.

How magnificent it is to think of our connection.
Who else was looking up at the skies?
The lost fleshy ones?
Those "strictly" binary fellows?
Have our eyes been joined by something more than a screen and on/off signals?
How much different are these cosmic on/off signals than the digital?
Where does frequency distinguish itself?

On to the deck to have a lie down while I affix myself at the cosmos for some time...
Drifting in and out of each other's presence.

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
beluga guts

This song is appropriate to this thought and I'm listening to it as I elaborate.
She's been equated to a squealing banshee with a speech impediment... so.. if that's not your thing, don't listen to it.
I love it; her own voice, her harping, and her arrangements.

It's been a fair portion of my life that I've participated in these online communities.
Fifteen years, give or take.
Not once have my fellows in flesh participated in one with me.
Not once have I taken one of you fellows into the flesh.
But it still leaves an impact; shapes me and the thoughts I generate.
You all develop voices and tones and colors and heights and auras.
I can see you gesticulate.
I adopt your mannerisms.
It's so odd. And has always felt like an outlet for the asocialite in me.
But that's where a duality forms... clearly I'm satisfying a craving for community.
...while also taking hermitry from those fleshy ones.
At the end of the day, it's healthy for me and helps me to interact with people face-to-face; in all facets.
I suppose it's just a moderation thing that might be itching at me right now.
Pandemics give a lot of way for filling voids and justifying certain behaviors... I suppose.

Saturday night,
As I was standing out in my yard, looking through the bare trees that obscure the view to the hill on the other side of the valley
It's a large valley. Miles wide, with a small city occupying the valley.
You can see thousands of tiny lights. Toy cars playing human activity.
The noises, though more audible with the absence of leaves, are faint and inconsequential.
I share with the parallel hilltop, an opposing road that follows the ridge and falls into the veins of the city.
The toy cars play their joyrides there, too.
Such a strange connectedness. They're practically within my grasp.
At the very least, I could traverse my hill, the backyards of my neighbors, across the floor of the valley, and meet them in the middle.
Surely, on foot, I could meet up with those toy cars.

The slightest movement saw the thousands of tiny lights dance in an overwhelming harmony.
Lots of high pressure sodium.
Grow forums...
A thousand conversations rush my reminiscence and force an ambivalent grin.
So many not thought of in so long.
The impressions on my character draw a map of their influence.
The fleshy ones, too. Theirs is deeply ingrained - it shows on my skin.
But the binary ones... they cast an ethereal network.
Like how muscle and connective tissue appear on an x-ray.

Then I look up.

Orion, Ursa Major, Minor, Cassiopea, Castor.
Pollux, too.
The gas giants.
Our red neighbor.

How magnificent it is to think of our connection.
Who else was looking up at the skies?
The lost fleshy ones?
Those "strictly" binary fellows?
Have our eyes been joined by something more than a screen and on/off signals?
How much different are these cosmic on/off signals than the digital?
Where does frequency distinguish itself?

On to the deck to have a lie down while I affix myself at the cosmos for some time...
Drifting in and out of each other's presence.
Yeahhhh buddy!! (My parrot)

I think about this kind of thing in terms of beats. Like whose heart out there happened to beat at the EXACT same instant as mine, and how that would flicker like a flame on google earth when highlighted white or whatever.

And now with neurons and thinking of them as having greater or lesser densities rather than purely going over a threshold or not is really interesting because instead of the heart beat blinking like that if you pushed it down to every sinew matching up on some percentage of overlap and mapped that to a shade of gray along a continuum and like the frequency map Rorschaching and none of that means anything does it haha

beluga

beluga

Yeahhhh buddy!! (My parrot)

I think about this kind of thing in terms of beats. Like whose heart out there happened to beat at the EXACT same instant as mine, and how that would flicker like a flame on google earth when highlighted white or whatever.

And now with neurons and thinking of them as having greater or lesser densities rather than purely going over a threshold or not is really interesting because instead of the heart beat blinking like that if you pushed it down to every sinew matching up on some percentage of overlap and mapped that to a shade of gray along a continuum and like the frequency map Rorschaching and none of that means anything does it haha
That'd be really neat.
I feel like we'll eventually get to the point of mapping out things akin to butterfly effects. Micro-reactions in quarks of atoms that stem into supernovae.
That is... if we don't supernova ourselves first.

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
That'd be really neat.
I feel like we'll eventually get to the point of mapping out things akin to butterfly effects. Micro-reactions in quarks of atoms that stem into supernovae.
That is... if we don't supernova ourselves first.
My late father in law worked in tech his whole career, including a long stint at cray research.

If we can harness quantum computing, then i think that basically reorients our conception of the universe. That shit is black magic as of now. His explanations were wild.

beluga

beluga

My late father in law worked in tech his whole career, including a long stint at cray research.

If we can harness quantum computing, then i think that basically reorients our conception of the universe. That shit is black magic as of now. His explanations were wild.
Yeah, I've read into it a bit and had it explained in a few different interpretations... pretty nuts and generally hard to make sense of.
I especially like the idea that anything not observed ceases to exist.

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
Yeah, I've read into it a bit and had it explained in a few different interpretations... pretty nuts and generally hard to make sense of.
I especially like the idea that anything not observed ceases to exist.
I mean, otherwise,

what is existence, anyway?

Yeah

Top Bottom