beluga

Day 44 Fluer (Fer fer fler?)
DSC 2460
DSC 2462

DSC 2463

Really looking it today...
Opulent.
But withholding yet.
Excited for the next few weeks here to see that matryoshka effect () (()) ((()))

And the smells went and curve balled on me! ➰⚾
DSC 2464
DSC 2467

DSC 2465

Now it's presenting itself with an astringent piney citrus aroma
Very similar to a bar soap I can't quite put my finger on
Still all the complexity when disturbed (volatized?)
But now...
🧼🌲🍋🍊
🍯🍎🍇🍷💨😖🍂🌾

🍬🍭
DSC 2468

More seeds presenting themselves by the day, too. 🤗🤰
DSC 2473

DSC 2474
DSC 2477

🐧

tobh

tobh

Supporter
lookin real good! i admire your adherence to high aesthetics -- it's obvious you're an artist at heart, and the picture quality makes my heart happy.

beluga

beluga

lookin real good! i admire your adherence to high aesthetics -- it's obvious you're an artist at heart, and the picture quality makes my heart happy.
Greatly appreciated! I'm happy that what makes me happy can make others happy 🙂
I feel like it helps me to really take in all the minutia, dedicating time and developing routines around the documentation. In turn, the plants seem to really thrive off of all the extra attention. Intention and all that.

tobh

tobh

Supporter
Greatly appreciated! I'm happy that what makes me happy can make others happy 🙂
I feel like it helps me to really take in all the minutia, dedicating time and developing routines around the documentation. In turn, the plants seem to really thrive off of all the extra attention. Intention and all that.

Out of curiosity, what equipment are you using to take your shots? And if pro quality, what are your settings? ISO/shutter speed/etc.

beluga

beluga

Introductory I'd say...
Use a Nikon D7500 with a Nikkor 18 - 55mm 1:3.5-5.6G.

I'll usually set my shutter speed to auto and mix up the ISO between 320 and 2000 (or higher, depending) and usually have my aperture around f8 - f14. Recently been doing flashes and I'll set the exposure compensation to -0.7.
Shoot in RAW and use Corel AfterShot 3.

I'm pretty new to the DSLR and camera world in general. Did a little bit of film photography in high school... learning to develop and all that... but totally lost all of that knowledge.
Mrs got me this Nikon last winter and I've been pretty slow to know my way around it very well... mostly just mimicking what the auto settings do and then adding my own manual tweaks.

tobh

tobh

Supporter
Introductory I'd say...
Use a Nikon D7500 with a Nikkor 18 - 55mm 1:3.5-5.6G.

I'll usually set my shutter speed to auto and mix up the ISO between 320 and 2000 (or higher, depending) and usually have my aperture around f8 - f14. Recently been doing flashes and I'll set the exposure compensation to -0.7.
Shoot in RAW and use Corel AfterShot 3.

I'm pretty new to the DSLR and camera world in general. Did a little bit of film photography in high school... learning to develop and all that... but totally lost all of that knowledge.
Mrs got me this Nikon last winter and I've been pretty slow to know my way around it very well... mostly just mimicking what the auto settings do and then adding my own manual tweaks.

Good lookin out. I'm looking to get into actual photography, and while I can do some pretty incredible things with my phone, a DSLR is a goal. The way you frame your shots and the way your lighting comes through is emotional, and impactful. I really dig it :) the devil's in the details with these kinda things, hence the questions.

SSgrower

SSgrower

Honestly, as I have been doing it more and more lately (physical notes)....I've been like "oh hell yeah, remember what being less of an imbecile felt like? Muah hah haahhh." 😆😂😆🙃

Paper is super helpful when I am high because it's tactile and easy to focus on.....and i have enough distractions jangling around my brain that I don't need more when I am thinking about something.

But as a graphic designer thinking spatially all day instead of in code, i imagine the opposite effect would be in play? Like in terms of which part of the brain is tired.

Or the above is complete and total bullshit. Or maybe just mostly bullshit. Like a pile of cow shit on a sandy shores, and the waves pull away the muck to leave.....a nickel the cow ate on accident.

What? 😂😆😂😆😂🤷‍♂️👻🤷‍♂️👻🤷‍♂️😊🙃🙃🙃
I enjoy graphic design thru GIMP and Linux. I've built & sold pc's I bought parts from Newegg. As I grow older I am more focused on pursuits of being $ comfortable. This forum helps me to Research & develop skills I can use to achieve my goals of Nirvana.

SSgrower

SSgrower

It is wild. And, for that reason, it is kind of heartening that the research into psychedelics is getting more forward momentum.
No doubt we've fostered that ethnogenic relationship over the millennia for a good purpose. Time to start accepting it back into our lives and using it responsibly.
I "Hunted" the mushroom in my youth after a rain in a grain-fed cattle ranch cow patties. The "Mind-bending" trip's that followed the Koolaid tea party were notable. They expanded my conscience & my mental growth spurted forth into a reality of knowledge.

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
I enjoy graphic design thru GIMP and Linux. I've built & sold pc's I bought parts from Newegg. As I grow older I am more focused on pursuits of being $ comfortable. This forum helps me to Research & develop skills I can use to achieve my goals of Nirvana.
I used gimp for years and I sucked at it the whole time.

Now canva is more my speed lmao. Or pixlr. I use autodesk sketchbook for drawing.

And yeah i used to love building myself a new gaming pc using newegg parts. Never sold anything though (i was very young).

beluga

beluga

Crypto kinda ruined the build-your-own market anyway.
I wanna get into hacking apart PS5's and throwing their components into a better gaming rig 🤣

(I say this while using my PS4 as a mousepad... 😞)

Last edited:
beluga

beluga

Re: Flushing

I wanted to find something beyond consumer articles.
I did.
It's still only one test, but, you gotta start somewhere...

The effects of flushing were also investigated to determine whether it had the intended effect of reducing nutrient concentrations within the dried bud.Through the use of psychrometers, water status (cWP) thresholds were correlated with humidity (cVPD) thresholds and reduced irrigation frequency resulting in water use reductions up to 45.7% which had negligible impacts on yield and cannabinoid profile. Flushing was found to be ineffective in removing any significant amount of nutrient from the bud.

After testing the nutrient concentrations from each treatment from three separate experiments, there were no significant differences in nutrient levels between any treatments within each experiment. This result showed that the intended purpose of flushing to reduce nutrient concentrations within the bud has no effect. These data show that for the last two weeks of the flower cycle for cannabis, it was possible to use no fertilizer water for irrigation with no significant impact on yield while saving input costs on fertilizer.
So... not the intended result, but a damn fine peripheral advantage. Especially if you're running tons o' fert.
But...
To apply this method of irrigation scheduling to other cannabis cultivars or other plants, a relationship between cWP and cVPD will need to be established to ensure proper water relations are met within the crop but the general principles demonstrated here indicated that reduced water use, consistent irrigation frequency measured through VPD and no flushing of the root zone are elements of a desirable irrigation management strategy for cannabis.
@Aqua Man was telling me just that the whole time.
I had every reason to believe him, but I just wanted some cross-reference that used instruments and beakers and whirlygigs and flashy lights and buttons.

beluga

beluga

Welp. I think I'm ready for this nor'easter.
20201216 131149

Just started a little bit ago and I'm giddy as a fuckin' 9-year-old in a snow fort.

Always been particularly fond of winters... especially when they're snowy - the more, the better. Lately, all we get is cold/freezing rain, butt ass cold dry days, or random 70° days.. it's a bummer. Especially for any kind of snowboarding and fun like that.. hell, I even love shoveling a driveway..

First year in my own house.
Up to 20" due...
Christmas lights and garland...
I'ma get toasty and have a fire later...

Happy season, everybody.

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
View attachment 1068146

Just started a little bit ago and I'm giddy as a fuckin' 9-year-old in a snow fort.

Always been particularly fond of winters... especially when they're snowy - the more, the better. Lately, all we get is cold/freezing rain, butt ass cold dry days, or random 70° days.. it's a bummer. Especially for any kind of snowboarding and fun like that.. hell, I even love shoveling a driveway..

Up to 20" due...

Happy season, everybody.
Oh man I love a good low winter sun though. Air hits a crispness you just can't get in the tropics.

Agree i love snowstorms though. Especially this time of year.

beluga

beluga

Oh man I love a good low winter sun though. Air hits a crispness you just can't get in the tropics.

Agree i love snowstorms though. Especially this time of year.
Agreed.
Burns your nostrils a little and hits the bottom of your lungs to choke you up momentarily... but in a nice, invigorating way.
Love me the world of climates, but winters in the north are something special.
Being under the protection of a pine tree with whiteout snow falling all around you... mmph.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

View attachment 1068146

Up to 20" due...

Happy season, everybody.

Mmmmmmmmm the Macallan 12.

Top Bottom