beluga logs it all et al

• Thread starter beluga
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Potentiometer was fucky.
We're at 500ppfd at 24" now. Think I wanna make this beluga 240 a beluga 320 🤔. Might could figure out a way to throw those far/deep reds on there while I have it down... be interested to see what the extra 50w in that spectrum does.. iirc reds are pretty high in lux comparatively...
Are you going for the Emerson Effect?

If I had your setup I would not be able to resist finding a way to add a green channel.

beluga

beluga

20221022 142322

Yep. 12x 1A/20V strips.
Should I be concerned?

Are you going for the Emerson Effect?

If I had your setup I would not be able to resist finding a way to add a green channel.
Had to look that up, but yes!
Honestly my knowledge is quite rudimentary with all this right now.
Basically my logic is going the way of just trying to supplement where the full spec strips lack.

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Yep. 12x 1A/20V strips.
Should I be concerned?
Nope, just trying to make the correct recommendation.

How bad do you want to read that current? If you know the internal impedance of the meter you can make a current splitter and read some percentage of the current (i.e. half - so 6A which your meter will do) based on the resistor you wire in parallel with the meter.

If you are looking for a continual reading, I can help you rig something up to do that as well. Not sure if you are dimming and such. But with a few parts you can make a kill-a-watt kinda thing for DC.

beluga

beluga

Nope, just trying to make the correct recommendation.

How bad do you want to read that current? If you know the internal impedance of the meter you can make a current splitter and read some percentage of the current (i.e. half - so 6A which your meter will do) based on the resistor you wire in parallel with the meter.

If you are looking for a continual reading, I can help you rig something up to do that as well. Not sure if you are dimming and such. But with a few parts you can make a kill-a-watt kinda thing for DC.
Yeah, I don't have a specific reason to be testing the driver current other than to detect an error that I assume i I'd be able trace otherwise. And honestly I'd probably just be replacing any anomalous driver rather than trying to rebuild one or anything like that...

... that said, if I did have the ability to, I probably would. I like the sound of the current splitter... that'd probably suit me for most of my applications. I'll look into it and pique your brain if I have questions but it makes total sense to me on the surface.
As always, thanks for the advice!

beluga

beluga

😎
DSC 5606

DSC 5611

Now we're cooking with phosphor-coated crystalline silicone wafers!

Bottom buds are now receiving a little more than the tops have been I think since I ditched the tote. That was a struggle that day, I'm sure I bonked some shit around. So now the driver's on the outside👍
Also hiked up the light to maybe 10" above the canopy for that 629pppfd reading (extra p there to indicate it as a photone reading 😉.) So that's likely to be well over 600 at the tippy top of the goldilocks zone.

Alright. Now let's see what these girls can do.
Ffs 🤦 What else you got for me, causality?!

beluga

beluga

Week 7 Flower
DSC 5619

DSC 5626
DSC 5653

Lefty's super sweet/floral.
DSC 5627
DSC 5648

Righty, skunk/berry. Emphasis on the berry.

Now that all the pieces are in place, I'm starting to feel the normal tides.
They're drinking well. Structure is apt. Leaves have a nice green. And everything's very... boingy I think is the technical term.
I am shadowboxing the humidity a little bit as it's gotten warm and rainy over the past few days, but they're taking it well enough.

Top Bottom