Beneficial To Run Co2 In Veg Room, Flower Room, Or Both Using One Controller?

• Thread starter k1w1ed
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
k1w1ed

k1w1ed

Which rooms would benefit more from a controlled co2 setup... In vegatative stage or in flower ?
I believe the veg room, but have been wrong before (once lol) All of flowering lowering co2 levels along the way?.
Any reason not to set up controller in veg room on the 12/12 flower room cycle with a hose tapping into the flower room next door.?
Both rooms are same size and set up environmentally, the obvious difference's being the day/night cycles, temperature and humidity.
I have a c.a.p ppm3 controller on 24/7 with the regulator set on a timer from a 20lb bottle. Have only the one setup for now so have been running it in veg room then trying it in a flower room 30days into flower.

3N1GM4

3N1GM4

Co2 is only used during the light cycle so running them both on one controller wouldnt work unless you only ran it for 12 hours in veg tent or wasted some co2 running it in the dark flower while veg light was still on.
Co2 in veg makes it grow fast, co2 in flower makes them swell up.

Bannacis

Bannacis

Running in both would be beneficial... and if you sched your veg to have the co2 centered timewise.
You could put a valve on there to direct more co2 to veg room towards end of flower.
put a T with two out put hoses, put a valve on the one hose going to flower room.
then you can adjust the valve to your desire. the more closed the valve, the more co2 gets directed to veg room.
So as you decrease co2 in flower you will increase in veg...which is perfect.

Good luck..

k1w1ed

k1w1ed

Running in both would be beneficial... and if you sched your veg to have the co2 centered timewise.
You could put a valve on there to direct more co2 to veg room towards end of flower.
put a T with two out put hoses, put a valve on the one hose going to flower room.
then you can adjust the valve to your desire. the more closed the valve, the more co2 gets directed to veg room.
So as you decrease co2 in flower you will increase in veg...which is perfect.

Good luck..
Cheers a flow valve is a good call. Think if I lower the flow rate at the tank to 0.5 it will increase the duration so that both rooms get less co2 over a longer period of time.

G gnome

G gnome

Pumpin co2 in veg is a waste. Yes it will make ur plants grow faster but the point of co2 is bigger buds. For best results use ur co2 in flower only during lights on. Plants use carbon dioxide in photosynthesis that occurs inly while the lights are on. Those tanks are expensive! !!!

COGrower8

COGrower8

Pumpin co2 in veg is a waste. Yes it will make ur plants grow faster but the point of co2 is bigger buds. For best results use ur co2 in flower only during lights on. Plants use carbon dioxide in photosynthesis that occurs inly while the lights are on. Those tanks are expensive! !!!

How much do you pay for a tank?? them things are only like 7 bucks

G gnome

G gnome

How much do you pay for a tank?? them things are only like 7 bucks
Hmm, thats not bad. Been a long time since i used em tbh. I seem to remember payin a lot more for em tho.

I been usin a co2 generator as of late.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

20-22 in my neighborhood for refills/tank swap at local grow store.

id only use co2 in veg if you need a super boost in growth. me, I fight my veg room near every flip, as they get a tad too big. even taking my clones a week later, turning my ballasts down to 75%, doesn't matter. lol I know tough problem to have

Capfan

Capfan

Pumpin co2 in veg is a waste. Yes it will make ur plants grow faster

Ill stop you there, Your telling me, if i run c02 in veg, my plants go faster/quicker, resulting in flipping quicker, compounding into 4-5 crops per year, Elaborate on why c02 is wasted in veg again ?

3N1GM4

3N1GM4

My plants grow too tall to start flowering in my flower room under reg t5 without extra co2. Co2 would be great if I had two flower rooms, I could just crank em out.

k1w1ed

k1w1ed

Well while this debate has been going on I have set up my controller and tank in a veg room with the solenoid plugged onto flower room timer so it is only pumping on the 12/12 in both rooms.putting a t and flow valve off the tank to increase or decrease flow in either room when the controller reads co2 below 950.
Cheers for the input

Bannacis

Bannacis

Ill stop you there, Your telling me, if i run c02 in veg, my plants go faster/quicker, resulting in flipping quicker, compounding into 4-5 crops per year, Elaborate on why c02 is wasted in veg again ?

Man its your call.....and if faster growth and quicker harvest turn arounds is what you're after. (what? go figure) and co2 are on the cheap for you. Grow my man grow...
There is the ole trial by fire...you can always do your first veg without, then do another with, Same strain and regiment) and see the difference. then you will know if its worth your time.

Having bigger and healthier veg plants will result in bigger plants in the end, If you have the room for the extra growth...go for it.

Last edited:
tommy2snips

tommy2snips

If I had to choose, I'd certainly prioritize the flower room for co2 enrichment. Then bleed it to the veg room aswell if it's convenient to do so....which it is for me, I just open the door between the 2 spaces while the bloom lights are on :)

Bannacis

Bannacis

I know in winter time some peeps have problem with keeping grow room warm enough. even with lights on...usually floor level (medium) and that's a big problem. cold roots... stunt growth.
So they limit their fresh air, and co2 allows them to do so.

tommy2snips

tommy2snips

Only because it was mentioned above somewhere about a big single room vs separate rooms vs annual yield etc and how different growers situations are, well, different :)
Here's a simplified example, just for fun:
Lets say your limit for bulb wattage is 8K. A lot of growers will set up 6K to flower and leave 2K out to veg with. Now that 6K always runs, no veg time on that room right...flower 8wks...1yr divided by 8wks = 6.5 crops annually. At a round number of 2# a light(12# per crop), that'll be 78# annually.
Now....same 8K, but one room, you flower 8K. No 'main' veg light. So you need to veg in there for 2wks before you can flip...that makes it a 10wk cycle. 1yr divided by 10wks = 5.2 crops annually. Same 2# per light = 16# per crop...that'd be 83.2# annual.....PLUS, one less whole crop to even bother with planting/trimming/expenses.

There are a thousand different ways to go. That's just a quick and dirty rundown of how a single room can outdo seperate rooms if wattage is the limiting factor. Almost always flower as much wattage as you can!
Do the math for your situation:)

3N1GM4

3N1GM4

Does tweaking co2 and light intensity get you tighter node spacing or something? Or just faster growth, or faster growth and further apart node spacing?

Top Bottom