benes or dm zone?

• Thread starter kritical
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

BavarianFarmer

No mis info on biologicals from CC like that Bavarian.

The roots excel is not living, it's the bi-product of an anerobic process. If that's what you heard in your conversation I'd call back and get clarification as that's not the answer I got when I asked that same question.

I was talking with christian a month or so ago when I made my final decision on H&G vs. DM and the main reason was the ability to keep a totally clean environment with the DM and not run into as many root rot issues with the living micros and such in the H&G and roots excel route of things. (that's how I understood it) My other deciding factor was even though H&G is proven to be just as good if not better I thought it's strange that H&G uses the same nutrient for veg and flower. In my opinion it seems like a plant in veg vs flower are always going to uses nutrients differently to an extent making sense to have separate veg and flower nutrients. Vuala, DM. What's your opinion on the add.27? Waste of money I've heard so far, and do you think it's a good idea to use bloom boosters and such with DM like steppa is doing? I know DM says its not needed as well as they say no calmag problems will ever occur.

BavarianFarmer

K

kritical

i find using the same thing from start to finish simplifies things and saves money. basically when you flip to flower the only difference in ferts is they lower the n and up the p when they have a grow and bloom food.

also from my understanding roots excel has to o more with hormones and less to do with beneficial bacteria.

K

kritical

bump

was hoping jack would chime in on what he thinks... i see hes trying zone atm

B

bangbang24

First few runs, use a sterile/dead res. It's fool-proof. DM Zone/Superthrive or Hydrogen Peroxide/Superthrive.

Once you get familiar with DWC, you can try organics.

This might be me! Running H+G Flakes + Roots Excel + Calmag in mine, and have some Hygrozyme as well as Zone I keep going back and forth on. Haven't added either the past three days and think I'll go with Zone for my first time. Seems like less variables. I need to cruise thru a solid run, and the Superthrive advice has me interested. I love the sound of a sterile root zone, but feel like I want to give the ladies something more. How would you recommend using ST with H+G/RE/CM?
Dilution rate?
Thanks for the help - great info here.

Also, I see Jack ran his mix with 150ppm Calmag, then bumped up to 500ppm with A/B? Or do you add 500ppm A/B totaling 650ppm? I initially did the A/B bump TO 500ppm and my new transplants' green are fading out a bit.

Don't wanna be a thread jacker, I'll put the keyboard down now!
:bandit

BudGoggles

BudGoggles

I was a zone fan until now I tried roots ecel along with aquashield and its just retarded I aint looking back

BudGoggles

BudGoggles

Correct and dont forget the roots excel either thats the key

JACKMAYOFFER

JACKMAYOFFER

Playing with Fire Son...
Supporter
I am giving Dm Zone a shot this run I will keep every one informed on the results..JACK

RollinEndough

RollinEndough

With everyone switching techniques and never turning back it's hard to figure out which side has the greener grass.

grass%20is%20greener.jpg

I think skills expand faster than the effects we'll see from one magic bottle to the next.

M

marky_has_mites

Run zone and keep it clean and healthy. From my understanding beneficial bacteria colonize the medium and make a path for root growth through the medium. If you have no medium then beneies are just flowing thru the sys and can attach to the roots but there is no medium to breed in besides the hydroton. Benefical bacteia can contain some not so good bacteria as well thats why humboldt nutes has white widow ( a sterile benie mix for hydro specifc.) that contains no bad shit.
Bennies work best in rockwool coco and soil, dwc needs to be clean and sterile.

deacon1503

deacon1503

Am I off here or does Zone and Hydrofungicide do the same thing?

jimmyhoffa59

jimmyhoffa59

Fuck.. well it seems people are having good results either way.. Guess its just whatever works works.

M

Mmmmasonite

what would you recommend for the undercurrent? i got rot this first time around around month two real bummer. so now im gonna flush weekly and get myself a chiller. for nutes i plan on running

veg
h&g aqua flakes
h&g roots excelerator
botanicare cal mag plus
canna rhizotonic
canna cannazym

bloom
h&g aqua flakes
atami bloombastic
botanicare cal mag plus

guy at the local shop said roots excel is pretty much the same as rhizo and cannazym but i seen jack running both so i figure ill try it or should i just scrap the rhizo and cannazym and run dm zone?

Run Roots excel man...It is like 5 times cheaper than rhizo! And THE most amazing root growth I have ever seen...period.

W

whiskeygirl

ok then for my run im gonna go with

veg
H&G aqua flakes (half strength)
H&G roots excelerator (1 ml per gallon)
Botanicare cal mag plus (150 ppm)
DM Zone (5 ml per 5 gallons i believe)

bloom
H&G aqua flakes (half strength)
Atami Bloombastic (half strength)
Botanicare cal mag plus (150 ppm)
DM Zone (5 ml per 5 gallons i believe)

drain and refill every week
chiller so roots at 65 and room at 85 with co2
lumatek 1000s set to super lumens 18" to 24" away
When you drain every week do you completely dry out the system (using wet/dry vac) or do you just gravity drain as much as you can (some water is left).
Thanks
WG

D

depswa1

Talked to Christian from CC today and he recommended Aquashield over Hygrozyme for rootzone and also mentioned that the most successful nutes they regularly see is H&G, Canna and Ionic. I am putting together my first run in my xxl and have been thinking of using something different (Super nutrient SVA, SVB, SBA, SBB,) as a base, any opinions on that?

UCMENOW

UCMENOW

When you drain every week do you completely dry out the system (using wet/dry vac) or do you just gravity drain as much as you can (some water is left).
Thanks
WG

Not needed to remove complete volume of solution....just drain down as far as return pump will get it and refill from there.

If your solution your draining was foul consider draining and diluting as you do to get fouled solution completely drained, in this case you may consider shop vacing.

Bubblehaze

Bubblehaze

This ic my first run in a Uc and I have been using Mykos and Bio root also senzi zyme and carbo load. The systems been up a month and I haven't seen any problems at all the bio root stains the roots tan but they look great. The plant are growing beyond my expectations the roots fill the 13 gallon buckets. Is running it like this gonna lead me to problems ? I plan on changing it every 2-3 weeks depending on how much water they use. They are up to using 15 gallons a day for 6 plants, I have flushed it with fresh water once for 2 hours right before flower cycle it takes 85 gallons. I noticed after a week and a half it starts smelling like pond water.

Top Bottom