benes or dm zone?

• Thread starter kritical
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
Just wondering if anyone has had success using Great White as a crown feed and if so, what strength and how many applications were used during bloom... :wondering

opt1c

opt1c

Seriously man ....Zone is killing your Roots Excel....sulfur in the Zone kills the bennies in the Roots Excel....Use one or the other.....Peace

i've heard from multiple shops that roots excel has NO benes; just like old school nitrozyme kelp extract

ask em yourself

M

Mmmmasonite

i've heard from multiple shops that roots excel has NO benes; just like old school nitrozyme kelp extract

ask em yourself

H&G doesn't promote the bennies because of labeling restrictions...Beneficial bacteria is the main reason why Roots Excel works...This is what the owner of H&G in the U S told me personally....Good luck

Globel

Globel

H&G doesn't promote the bennies because of labeling restrictions...Beneficial bacteria is the main reason why Roots Excel works...This is what the owner of H&G in the U S told me personally....Good luck

I ran it through my gas chromatograph and it is hormones...

just kidding.. but thats what big mike from advanced says. =x :confused0054:

M

MediMary

I contacted H & G Uk and US. Got multiple letters from the higest ranking peeps, even created a thread talking about it. I don't think someone from a competitor of H & G is the best place to get your info.:)

Roots excel has beneficial bacteria, if someone tells you otherwise they are misinformed(and are misinforming others) ~ period.

IMG_3152.JPG

T

Th3Jungl3Boy

I got root rot 2 or 3 times in period of a month. That bitch was driving ne crazy and I almost gave up! Desperate I was I actually dip the roots into half strength of h2o2 for an hour, and few day after the crap was there again. I finally got roots excelurator and great white, the results in only 2 days were this:

This is what I use:
I'm using 1/4 of Nutrients strength
Dutch Master.
Grow A + B 180ml
ADD .27 115ml
Silica 20ml
Drip Clean5ml
Great White 2 Scoops
Roots Excel 45ml

B

bangbang24

I contacted H & G Uk and US. Got multiple letters from the higest ranking peeps, even created a thread talking about it. I don't think someone from a competitor of H & G is the best place to get your info.:)

Roots excel has beneficial bacteria, if someone tells you otherwise they are misinformed(and are misinforming others) ~ period.

IMG_3152.JPG
Gotta love the simplicity of black and white. Roots Excel is definitely worth running a live res for IMHO.

opt1c

opt1c

the question is, i'm guessing, is it necessary in the under current to run benes or do the roots thrive primarily due to the high levels of dissolved oxygen and, if controlled, water temperature.... sounds like side by sides are in order

K

killakron

benies hands down. look around on here and everyones killin it with RE. Some people are doing good with zone, though it is completely water source dependent. In which case you wont know until you damaged a crop, and though these system allow them to spring back quicker than other systems, when you grow trees stress free is key to high yield. Your making this plant produce so much leaf bud and sugar that everytime you have a hickup ur potential yield will decrease. GTG eat. finish this later. peace

D

DrGoodMeds

Too Menny Bennies?

Is it possible to use too many bennies? I have been running my UC with some A Shield and Hizenburg's tea. When I added some Cannazyme my roots went to shit. Turned all brown and got a buildup of bio solids. Some of the weaker plants started to yellow a bit. I discontinued the Cannazyme and the roots are slowly starting to bounce back with the exception of a few plants. Is there a point at which, if you have too many bennies in the system, D.O. levels will drop and choke out the roots? Has anyone had any experience with this?

F

Farmer Jon

Premium Member
Supporter
Is it possible to use too many bennies? I have been running my UC with some A Shield and Hizenburg's tea. When I added some Cannazyme my roots went to shit. Turned all brown and got a buildup of bio solids. Some of the weaker plants started to yellow a bit. I discontinued the Cannazyme and the roots are slowly starting to bounce back with the exception of a few plants. Is there a point at which, if you have too many bennies in the system, D.O. levels will drop and choke out the roots? Has anyone had any experience with this?

No need for any added enzymes when using the Hizenburg Tea. The bennies secrete enough enzymes. It may be possible that the CZ may have be the hair that broke the camels back if you will.
To answer your initial question, Yes it is very possible to have an over colonization of Micro-Organisms.
The trick as stated before is maintaining diversity, with the spot light on beneficial nematodes, they offer a broad range of benefits and keep populations of other M-O at a healthy level.
Hizenburg recommends re-inoculation of the system/medium, over feeding the bennies so keep that in mind (1 cup tea per gallon nutrient solution).
FJ

M

Mmmmasonite

I would cut out the Hizenburg.....All the zymes are proven to work....I know tons of growers that use them with great results.....Havent gotten any feedback about that tea.....Aquashield is also a compost tea so.....way too much bacteria and organics for hydro......If you run tea in a uc or any other hydroponic system....It will gunk it up......If you wanna get the benefit from tea in regular hydro.....just top water with it before you change your rez.....maybe take out the baskets from the uc and drench or spray them with tea..........then....no gunk.....all benefit........Peace

K

kushtrees

i would love to hear some opinions on what would be the safest rout, in terms of root rot prevention, for my 1st UC run.... ganna run canna aqua with calmag with...

ZONE-but with sme of the bad batches ive heard of and the DM superbud issue im cautios about there stuff

Hydro Fungicide- this stuff looks really cool and a lot of people like it, but only bad thing ive heard is a couple people getting some low ph swings with it not sure if its from this or other causes tho

root excel and aquashield combo- i know a couple people here really like this combo and it looks really good for healthy roots but as its my 1st time in RDWC im a bit worried about algea (or maybe its diatoms) that seem to always build on my res when i run the hg line in my current grows

im not so much worried about what would cause explosive growth as more as the safest way to get a solid harvest as i plan to try bloom boosters and other goodies after the 1st go thanks for the input! -KT

P

primeform

aquashield was part of heisenbergs original formula before he found fungi.com

K

kritical

honestly i have some healthy plants and im using zone with house and garden nutes
but i think what is keeping my roots healthy is none of that shit. its my water chiller that keeps my water temp at 66 degrees and thats the best thing you can do for your root zone.

BudGoggles

BudGoggles

honestly i have some healthy plants and im using zone with house and garden nutes
but i think what is keeping my roots healthy is none of that shit. its my water chiller that keeps my water temp at 66 degrees and thats the best thing you can do for your root zone.

Exactly
Why dont you try it with out anything 66f and see how that goes

M

Mmmmasonite

i would love to hear some opinions on what would be the safest rout, in terms of root rot prevention, for my 1st UC run.... ganna run canna aqua with calmag with...

ZONE-but with sme of the bad batches ive heard of and the DM superbud issue im cautios about there stuff

Hydro Fungicide- this stuff looks really cool and a lot of people like it, but only bad thing ive heard is a couple people getting some low ph swings with it not sure if its from this or other causes tho

root excel and aquashield combo- i know a couple people here really like this combo and it looks really good for healthy roots but as its my 1st time in RDWC im a bit worried about algea (or maybe its diatoms) that seem to always build on my res when i run the hg line in my current grows

im not so much worried about what would cause explosive growth as more as the safest way to get a solid harvest as i plan to try bloom boosters and other goodies after the 1st go thanks for the input! -KT

If you don't wanna go bio.....you could use h202 along with zone for a completely sterile rez.....Peace

K

kushtrees

yea chiller is a must no doubt but i dont feel completely comfortable going with straight base nutes... id like some sort of protection and yea it looks like a sterile res is how ima take my 1st run down to zone or hydro fungicide.... hmmm
-KT

Latest posts

Top Bottom