Best 1,000 Watt Reflector ?

• Thread starter jigglybones
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

jigglybones

What is the best 1,000 watt reflector that would work with a Quantem digital ballast?

S

strainman

Premium Member
Supporter
I 2nd that! Havent tried em yet but after using 2 of the great whites with huge success I can only imagine the coverage on those xxxls are crazy... I just ordered 3 magnums and they should be arriving soon, cant wait.

H

highroller

Premium Member
Supporter
@ jigglybones...after reading down the list of threads you have started, you should have just started one thread like, "how do i set up a complete growroom and where can I buy the stuff?" lol.
To answer your question here tho, the next time I upgrade hoods I'm going with the Magnum too. It looks like a great hood.

nuttso

nuttso

hmm yesterday i learned from this member here: ~DR.GREENTHUMB~ ---- this here:
#123:character0180: Groshade Reflector

If you like vertical lamp reflectors - you'll love the Grostar...
Made in Canada, the reflective underside of the reflector is coated with a highly reflective material called MIRO. The manufacturers claim all sorts of benefits from using this material, superior heat dissipation, enhanced light spectrum and ultra high light reflection. We've not tested any of these claims, but based on feedback from existing users they have gained an excellent reputation and are a highly sought after product.

As you can see from the pricing below they're not cheap; obviously making the reflector in Canada as opposed to China means that it's not a budget option. On top of this they come to us in bulk and need individually repacking into smaller, extra thick boxes to help us get them from us to you in one piece - they're incredibly fragile.

Suitable for use in grow tents of 1m2 and above - each reflector comes complete with hanging brackets and 4m lead to IEC plug (can be used with both standard and digital ballasts).

2200_3.jpg

C

concretedawg

just bought the mag myself gonna get another 1, insane coverage on a 4 x4 tray!!!!

B

barneyfife

im with the magxxxl crowd they kick butt! i dont like the ajust awings i had just swichted to them last grow but wasnt happy.
so i swicthed to the mag and there much better.
the wings put off most of the light to the outer egdes theres very little light intensity directly under the reflector. and i had the super speader.

R

Redskywalker

Premium Member
Supporter
I have 3 Grostars myslf and 3 XXXLs and I must say I like the Grostsrs better. I'm savin up to replace the other 3 asap. I find I can keep the light a bit lower and I have no hotspotys either

20north

use a super sun 2 or anything by sun system really dont get anything by anyone else or it will lack in efficency and reflectivity being uneven super sun 2 or your money back man

heavydutykevork

heavydutykevork

Premium Member
Supporter
Magxxxl my bro jus used two of them with 600's and kicked ass very easy to cool too.

D

darookie2000

I have 3 Grostars myslf and 3 XXXLs and I must say I like the Grostsrs better. I'm savin up to replace the other 3 asap. I find I can keep the light a bit lower and I have no hotspotys either

That's a pretty cool design, I need air cooling for my space, though :)

T

thatspoker422

I've always liked the Super Sun 2's, but i have been hearing alot of talk about these Magxxxl's lately. I am looking to buy some reflectors soon, does anybody have any experience with both reflectors or some info on why 1 is better than the other?

D

darookie2000

I've always liked the Super Sun 2's, but i have been hearing alot of talk about these Magxxxl's lately. I am looking to buy some reflectors soon, does anybody have any experience with both reflectors or some info on why 1 is better than the other?

I do. The light spread is slightly better on the mags than the SS2, and the heat dissipation is significantly better. I've got my canopy a few inches from the glass in the magnum. It creates a much bigger footprint IMO.

S

sirshamus

use a super sun 2 or anything by sun system really dont get anything by anyone else or it will lack in efficency and reflectivity being uneven super sun 2 or your money back man

i totally agree, the super sun 2 kicked all other reflectors asses in a test on another site.

M

mellofello

If you don't need to air cool then I'd say the grostar is a really nice reflector. I use a mini version with my 600W. Whilst it spreads the heat out I think with a 1000 you may be better with a air cooled hood

peace

mello

Top Bottom