Best and cheapest kind of LED light full sprectrum

• Thread starter Ngrow20
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

And what is the cost of the Ozram far reds. How many are in to board the varied fixtures. Fluence spider 2I are down to 898. Gavita 1700e are down to 998. I really would pay an extra 1k to not have 34 racket straps hanging down in a 10 x 10 tent
Well cost is another thing. As per the ratio... I think most companies are still tinkering. Ratio of spectrum is like nutrients. Optimals change plant to plant and stage of growth. What those optimal are I have no idea but lots of research going on in this area.

Anthem

Anthem

Well cost is another thing. As per the ratio... I think most companies are still tinkering. Ratio of spectrum is like nutrients. Optimals change plant to plant and stage of growth. What those optimal are I have no idea but lots of research going on in this area.
I do know that Gavita added more with the far reds but none of this really matters because everyone of these light threads turns into the same thing. People defending their light purchase.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

This is exactly what I was talking about with the net thing. A light that has controllable ratios. You could turn each spectra up or down.

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

And what is the cost of the Ozram far reds. How many are in to board the varied fixtures. Fluence spider 2I are down to 898. Gavita 1700e are down to 998. I really would pay an extra 1k to not have 34 racket straps hanging down in a 10 x 10 tent
That is one nice thing about my "Grower's Choice." For those who are not familiar with the light, it's similar to the Gavita .... I have far less ratchet straps to deal with, and the light was specifically made for a 5' x 5' tent size. The other is the Grower's Choice uses less wattage than my array of Kingbrites and produce the same/similar results.

Anthem

Anthem

This is exactly what I was talking about with the net thing. A light that has controllable ratios. You could turn each spectra up or down.
This I believe is part of I want to say the Ragging Kush light. @Aqua Man, do you remember the thread about these lights and the lenses? A light that has a spectrum tuning capability is out there but I have not used something like that.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

This I believe is part of I want to say the Ragging Kush light. @Aqua Man, do you remember the thread about these lights and the lenses? A light that has a spectrum tuning capability is out there but I have not used something like that.
If ya search scynce led they have this option yes. Problem is you really need to dig into ratios of spectrums... they have a very profound impact on growth and structure.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

If ya search scynce led they have this option yes. Problem is you really need to dig into ratios of spectrums... they have a very profound impact on growth and structure.
Bugbee gives some ratio numbers in the interview vid, but he gives caveats on economics and such.
If affordable lights had that feature, I bet within 6 months there would be ratio recipes showing up.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Bugbee gives some ratio numbers in the interview vid, but he gives caveats on economics and such.
If affordable lights had that feature, I bet within 6 months there would be ratio recipes showing up.
And I think more plants would suffer if that happened... just like nutrients. How many you see toss shit in without understanding chemical interactions, ratios, cation exchange, salinity and the list goes on.

Give ppl more options and they will fuck it up. For most it's best to stick to a known and tested value.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

And I think more plants would suffer if that happened... just like nutrients. How many you see toss shit in without understanding chemical interactions, ratios, cation exchange, salinity and the list goes on.

Give ppl more options and they will fuck it up. For most it's best to stick to a known and tested value.
For the most part, I agree. But the carrot still should be there to entice those that want to learn and grow.
Let them come with 2 or 3 basic pre-programmed mixes for strain variations.

Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
Ha ha is always turns into this
LOL, it's just a really highly complex subject, and there's a lot of different schools of thought on this subject, I suppose.

Everyone has an opinion about lighting these days, gone are the days of HPS and simplicity. But were far better off also.
It's certainly an evolving science.

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
Simply more diodes could certainly achieve that end, whereas you could turn some off, and turn others on... Depending on developmental cycle.
Having a diode that could do it on they fly would be most ideal.

I think the substrate that they use for the diodes themselves is a limiting factor. Once the composition is created, It's static, (fixed light spectrum) and it would have to somehow become dynamic, or perhaps you would need to filter it somehow, and that would greatly diminish it's efficiency.

Maybe one day they will be able to control something like that with electrical input somehow, but that's far beyond anything I can imagine happening.
Certainly different ratio's could be obtained by adding a small circut brain, then simply an array of various spectrum diodes to control the outputs.

Big dollars...

Personally, I see that there seems to be some standardization that's occurring, especially with the strips. If that continues, people will essentially be able to custom build anything they want, eventually. You really already can, but for the novice, I mean. Sure would be nice if you could rebuild, or update your units for less than buying a new light. I suppose this is wishful thinking on my part.

That's what I want to see happen the most, is more universal ways of doing things. Interchangeability. (like computers) Standardize the strips, the diodes for goodness sake. So things can be easily serviced.

Last edited:
ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Simply more diodes could certainly achieve that end, whereas you could turn some off, and turn others on... Depending on developmental cycle.

I think the substrate that they use for the diodes themselves is a limiting factor. Once the composition is created, It's static, (fixed light spectrum) and it would have to somehow become dynamic, or perhaps you would need to filter it somehow, and that would greatly diminish it's efficiency.

Maybe one day they will be able to control something like that with electrical input somehow, but that's far beyond anything I can imagine happening.
Certainly different ratio's could be obtained by adding a small circut brain, then simply an array of various spectrum diodes to control the outputs.

Big dollars...

Personally, I see that there seems to be some standardization that's occurring, especially with the strips. If that continues, people will essentially be able to custom build anything they want, eventually. You really already can, but for the novice, I mean. Sure would be nice if you could rebuild, or update your units for less than buying a new light. I suppose this is wishful thinking on my part.

That's what I want to see happen the most, is more universal ways of doing things. Interchangeability. (like computers) Standardize the strips, the diodes for goodness sake. So things can be easily serviced.
Or they get wired like Christmas lights and can change color with 5 LEDs at a junction.

Anthem

Anthem

Big dollars...

This is sound thinking on your part. The challenge is the very business practices employees today of planned obsolescence.

PizzaBob

PizzaBob

Well you can buy the ss4000 bloomspect for 199. It has (2) Meanwell ELG drivers with dimmer, 827 diodes mostly a mix of LM301B 3000k and 5000k and adds a couple dozen 660 and a few 760 IR. The drivers are set at 83% so the draw is 400 watts. Not sure how you beat that. You can also buy the ss2000 which is exactly half the former with all same components using (1) ELG driver.
805B4DC1 A456 4C3C 8DE5 00B476CC5244

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Well you can buy the ss4000 bloomspect for 199. It has (2) Meanwell ELG drivers with dimmer, 827 diodes mostly a mix of LM301B 3000k and 5000k and adds a couple dozen 660 and a few 760 IR. The drivers are set at 83% so the draw is 400 watts. Not sure how you beat that. You can also buy the ss2000 which is exactly half the former with all same components using (1) ELG driver. View attachment 1147357
I don't see any dimmer. Have a link other than Amazon?

PizzaBob

PizzaBob

I don't see any dimmer. Have a link other than Amazon?
I think only Amazon. It describes the dimmer. Make sure you are looking up the SS lineup as the older did not. I bought a few of the SS2000 and it has dimmer. Bloomspect.

Thedevilslettuce83

Thedevilslettuce83

I need to know the best LED grow light I can get for cheapest amount of money that I can use for a 10x10 tent and how many I will need, thanks
I just got the spider farmer sf-4000 for a 5x5 flower. You could do 2 of these i did a lot of research and had a bunch of different led lights. These will definitely get the job done. $529 each don't go for any names you haven't heard of and of it sounds too good to be true it is.

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
Yea, take it from me, the "best" for the cheapest, isn't a very congruent statement. There is cheap, then there is "acceptable" cheap, and SF highly fits into that category.

I think that's what the OP here need's to come to terms with. You can surf the web, and look for LM30? whatever diodes, and they maybe could have put them into there and they work, but... There are verified distributers in this area, and there's the "rest" of everyone.

That said: Mars hydro, the newest ones are probably "acceptable" also.
The real key with lighting is the engineering spec, and getting the lighting intensity, photon flux, spectrum and ratio's correct. SF has proven track record.

Some hack sitting over in China who's copying the "other" light, isn't necessarily going to be "cutting edge" by the time you get it. The SF panels, and especially the SE series lights represent the closest thing to a Gavita Pro series light, for a fraction of the cost. ie. Not only excellent diodes, but the spectrums are dialed in efficiently.

This guy actually listens and looks at feedback. LED technology has made quantum leaps in efficiency in the last year maybe year and half.
Lights are the one thing you want to get from a reputable source. Does anyone in here actually know what a LM301H diode looks like? or able to discriminate the real ones, from fakes?

Last edited:
Ponky

Ponky

The best cheap LED lights is a system Called HPS. Cheap. Works. Reliable. Cheap. Grow weight for <200.

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
The best cheap LED lights is a system Called HPS. Cheap. Works. Reliable. Cheap. Grow weight for <200.
Bingo! If someone wants them I've got the HPS bulbs, backups, MH bulbs, backups, two double ended 1200w hoods with big airflow, two ballast, a huge monster sized high output fan. 2 high end grow systems, that have produce monster buds several grows, free.

Anyone that can come get them, can have them.
Seattle, Washington.

I can't imagine what shipping would cost on that stuff.

Top Bottom