Best best lights under $350 recommendations

• Thread starter AutoHead420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
hotrod717

hotrod717

I have a total of BP1500 bought one at a time and like them more and more. A 3k or 4 k may be in the future. Regardless, wouldn't buy any other led at this point for price and quality.

Kanzeon

Kanzeon

Look into kingbrite. Better quality and more cost-effective than anything on amazon.

AutoHead420

AutoHead420

I like that to ill have to check it out 339 is perfect in price actually for my space it should be perfect. It'll be alot like tetris trying to get all the light in there 🤣

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Look into kingbrite. Better quality and more cost-effective than anything on amazon.

i would have agreed but i keep seeing prices like $180 shipped. Most amazon copies are from the same factory and cost $200 delivered. I would pay the extra $20 and deal with amazon.

AutoHead420

AutoHead420

i would have agreed but i keep seeing prices like $180 shipped. Most amazon copies are from the same factory and cost $200 delivered. I would pay the extra $20 and deal with amazon.

So @MIMedGrower ive gotten a lot of info from the great people here but yours has been spot on consistently, and I catch a lot of your other comments on multiple forms when I'm sifting for information. What's your opinion on the light if you had 350 to buy any light what would it be. Your crop shows your knowledge as well as reeferRons and thats what I look for. Mouth will say anything but results show. I respect all my fellow farmers opinions because anyone can grow it but to grow a plant to its full potential takes skill and thats why we are all here after all right? To learn and give knowledge and help those who are learning. So once again I appreciate everyone's 2c because its all trial and error right?

ReeferRon

ReeferRon

Yeah I thought about Kingbrite and even went with Alibaba for my flower light. But the light from amazon was returnable for 120 days at the time and here in one day.

Plus IDK if you can find 300watts for $230 shipped even straight from China?

Amazons return policies keep me coming back...120 days I coulda almost grown a whole crop and still returned it if I didn't like the results...that's what sold me.

My flower light... I took the risk and ordered from Alibaba...Best $650 I ever spent.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

So @MIMedGrower ive gotten a lot of info from the great people here but yours has been spot on consistently, and I catch a lot of your other comments on multiple forms when I'm sifting for information. What's your opinion on the light if you had 350 to buy any light what would it be. Your crop shows your knowledge as well as reeferRons and thats what I look for. Mouth will say anything but results show. I respect all my fellow farmers opinions because anyone can grow it but to grow a plant to its full potential takes skill and thats why we are all here after all right? To learn and give knowledge and help those who are learning. So once again I appreciate everyone's 2c because its all trial and error right?

well thank you. And i dont know either. Too many choices. It would be easy if i only needed to light a 2x4 tent. Im eventually going to get an hgl 135 kit for my 3x3 veg tent but for flower i really want bar lights and they are still to expensive. I want hortilux or another high line lamp for my flower room. I bought top of the line hps stuff 7 years ago and it all runs fine still So i want the same quality. And i need 2 or 3 lamps. I cant afford thousands so i bought new bulbs for my old stuff again.

Sorry i cant help more. I dont want to settle for knocknoffs i dont trust.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Yeah I thought about Kingbrite and even went with Alibaba for my flower light. But the light from amazon was returnable for 120 days at the time and here in one day.

Plus IDK if you can find 300watts for $230 shipped even straight from China?

Amazons return policies keep me coming back...120 days I coulda almost grown a whole crop and still returned it if I didn't like the results...that's what sold me.

My flower light... I took the risk and ordered from Alibaba...Best $650 I ever spent.

That seems real nice.

Kanzeon

Kanzeon

If I had seen the same models with the same heat sinks on amazon, I'd be inclined to agree. But most of the amazon ones in that price range have those cheap aluminum pie plate heat sinks.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

If I had seen the same models with the same heat sinks on amazon, I'd be inclined to agree. But most of the amazon ones in that price range have those cheap aluminum pie plate heat sinks.

yeah but the cheap finned ones are not much better are they?. 2.5ml thick from most budget lamps.

N

Newber

I'd grab a cmh, can get a nice one for that, like the phantom with remote ballast and huge hood

Screenshot 20210204 151202 Samsung Internet
MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I'd grab a cmh, can get a nice one for that, like the phantom with remote ballast and huge hood

i grew almost a pound (15oz) under my sun system kit and a phillips bulb. Hate how pics have lines through them from the low frequency ballast.

ReeferRon

ReeferRon

That seems real nice.
I was super uneasy about buying a Chinese knockoff, I too am or was a HPS/MH guy for many years and the only reason I decided to change was that the wife said no more running an separate A/C in the basement just for the plants..The only way I could see around that was going LED.

I'm disabled and on a fixed income so I was in awe at the prices for some of these LED lights...highway robbery I tell ya. Even the $1000 I invested on the new lights was a nail biting affair ...lol

The reason I did go with the light is over on another forum (RIU), a guy was using these lights and had great results..after doing some research and discussing the pros and cons with him, I went for it.

Still my first grow with the new lights, but so far I'm happy as a hippy in a dope farm! The plants are I would say right on schedule with the old bulbs with even shorter internodal spacing... I'm at week 5 flower now and like I said I'm happy with the results so far.

So nice not having to worry about heat. I cant attest to yield or potency yet as I haven't got that far, but the plants flowers are getting fat and frosty so I think I'm good.
IMG 1021

IMG 1432

IMG 1401

IMG 1415

IMG 1461

IMG 1412

Kanzeon

Kanzeon

yeah but the cheap finned ones are not much better are they?. 2.5ml thick from most budget lamps.

Neither of mine are as thick as the heat sink from HLG, but they're significantly thicker than those.

@ReeferRon , Kingbrite has 240w boards with thicker heat sinks, far red, and UV that are $180, shipped. I'd get two of those (just email the company, not through alibaba) and call it a day. Nothing on Amazon is close to 480 actual watts with UV and IR for $360.

AutoHead420

AutoHead420

I'm leaning away from cmh only because of heat. And for an additional light the bp3000 seems great for the space. And once again I'll only really need it until may before I drop the big 1500 on a Diablo scorpion which in my opinion is great for my space. I'm running autos because I have one space a room built for it. I have no separate veg and flower room so I can do only one batch at a time . So I'm looking for that dual purpose led qnd I'm not afraid of supplemental lighting. And off topic but @MIMedGrower I have alot of respect for you Michigan growers a good friend of mine rest his soul was from Michigan and grew some of the best reef I've ever seen and his wife's edibles where phenomenal. So I have a hidden respect for Michigan growers they lived in a cul-de-sac with a bunch of old heads and id go once a year for their little community party for exchanges and everyone had a phenomenal outcome, you could tell alot of loved plants where born and bred there.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I was super uneasy about buying a Chinese knockoff, I too am or was a HPS/MH guy for many years and the only reason I decided to change was that the wife said no more running an separate A/C in the basement just for the plants..The only way I could see around that was going LED.

I'm disabled and on a fixed income so I was in awe at the prices for some of these LED lights...highway robbery I tell ya. Even the $1000 I invested on the new lights was a nail biting affair ...lol

The reason I did go with the light is over on another forum (RIU), a guy was using these lights and had great results..after doing some research and discussing the pros and cons with him, I went for it.

Still my first grow with the new lights, but so far I'm happy as a hippy in a dope farm! The plants are I would say right on schedule with the old bulbs with even shorter internodal spacing... I'm at week 5 flower now and like I said I'm happy with the results so far.

So nice not having to worry about heat. I cant attest to yield or potency yet as I haven't got that far, but the plants flowers are getting fat and frosty so I think I'm good.
View attachment 1088213
View attachment 1088214
View attachment 1088208
View attachment 1088209
View attachment 1088212
View attachment 1088211

That all looks great! But unless they last 5 years with no issues i am not interested. I have not seen any reports with budget lights older than a year yet. Im still waiting.

Top Bottom