Best best lights under $350 recommendations

• Thread starter AutoHead420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Moshmen

Moshmen

Look into kingbrite. Better quality and more cost-effective than anything on amazon.
Again fwiw I flower another 2x4 with kingbrites- both the kingbrites and the Mars have advantages and disadvantages, for the price I’d chose kingbrites again ! Lol well the Mars was free thanx marshydro/the farm.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I'm leaning away from cmh only because of heat. And for an additional light the bp3000 seems great for the space. And once again I'll only really need it until may before I drop the big 1500 on a Diablo scorpion which in my opinion is great for my space. I'm running autos because I have one space a room built for it. I have no separate veg and flower room so I can do only one batch at a time . So I'm looking for that dual purpose led qnd I'm not afraid of supplemental lighting. And off topic but @MIMedGrower I have alot of respect for you Michigan growers a good friend of mine rest his soul was from Michigan and grew some of the best reef I've ever seen and his wife's edibles where phenomenal. So I have a hidden respect for Michigan growers they lived in a cul-de-sac with a bunch of old heads and id go once a year for their little community party for exchanges and everyone had a phenomenal outcome, you could tell alot of loved plants where born and bred there.

Lol. Im from jersey. ;-)

Kanzeon

Kanzeon

That all looks great! But unless they last 5 years with no issues i am not interested. I have not seen any reports with budget lights older than a year yet. Im still waiting.

I mean, I've had mine for over a year. Almost 2 years on the first Kingbrite with no issues, actually. The only light that I've had fail was actually an HLG with one of those thin heat sinks- the part that holds the plug onto the board wasn't sautered on there super well.

ReeferRon

ReeferRon

I'm leaning away from cmh only because of heat. And for an additional light the bp3000 seems great for the space. And once again I'll only really need it until may before I drop the big 1500 on a Diablo scorpion which in my opinion is great for my space. I'm running autos because I have one space a room built for it. I have no separate veg and flower room so I can do only one batch at a time . So I'm looking for that dual purpose led qnd I'm not afraid of supplemental lighting. And off topic but @MIMedGrower I have alot of respect for you Michigan growers a good friend of mine rest his soul was from Michigan and grew some of the best reef I've ever seen and his wife's edibles where phenomenal. So I have a hidden respect for Michigan growers they lived in a cul-de-sac with a bunch of old heads and id go once a year for their little community party for exchanges and everyone had a phenomenal outcome, you could tell alot of loved plants where born and bred there.
Another Michigander here...Detroit born and raised ...graduated to the suburbs now...We know how to grow the good stuff in MICHIGAN!

Moshmen

Moshmen

Neither of mine are as thick as the heat sink from HLG, but they're significantly thicker than those.

@ReeferRon , Kingbrite has 240w boards with thicker heat sinks, far red, and UV that are $180, shipped. I'd get two of those (just email the company, not through alibaba) and call it a day. Nothing on Amazon is close to 480 actual watts with UV and IR for $360.
One of the kingbrites complaints from me is the heat sync could have been much nicer for little more additional cost

Moshmen

Moshmen

That all looks great! But unless they last 5 years with no issues i am not interested. I have not seen any reports with budget lights older than a year yet. Im still waiting.
That Mars I got when I joined the farm just over a year old now - got a minute for the kingbrites

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I mean, I've had mine for over a year. Almost 2 years on the first Kingbrite with no issues, actually. The only light that I've had fail was actually an HLG with one of those thin heat sinks- the part that holds the plug onto the board wasn't sautered on there super well.

i admit i keep looking at them. I hear meijju has a thicker heat sink. Anyway i just replaced bulbs to give almost another year to consider.

ReeferRon

ReeferRon

True!
Fingers crossed... if I get one good harvest, its all worth the investment.. anything after that and the light has already paid for itself. I'll be happy with a year.

Moshmen

Moshmen

True!
Fingers crossed... if I get one good harvest, its all worth the investment.. anything after that and the light has already paid for itself. I'll be happy with a year.
This is what marketing has done to our brains. Lol-

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Cept for the shitty weather your getting now I love Michigan ! If the snow would stick and the sun would shine I’d still live there

this winter sucks bad. That said we are getting 4-8” its on the way now.

AutoHead420

AutoHead420

So to put a little incite to this. Kingsbrite, viparspectra, and bloomplus are made by the same manufacturer shenzhen lighting Co. Same diodes, same drivers, same warehouse. I would go with bloom plus. We could get into the 301b 301h argument but the difference is minor if any . The angles are the same. The price difference is even crazier. I'd stay with amazon because alibaba just looks like a sketchball site to me and I'm 2 weeks being generous from transition so speed of arrival is a factor .

Top Bottom