Best best lights under $350 recommendations

• Thread starter AutoHead420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

So to put a little incite to this. Kingsbrite, viparspectra, and bloomplus are made by the same manufacturer shenzhen lighting Co. Same diodes, same drivers, same warehouse. I would go with bloom plus. We could get into the 301b 301h argument but the difference is minor if any . The angles are the same. The price difference is even crazier. I'd stay with amazon because alibaba just looks like a sketchball site to me and I'm 2 weeks being generous from transition so speed of arrival is a factor .

shenzen is a super factory. 100’s of companies all building electronics in there. And there lies the problem. Counterfeiting is the specialty not selling authentic products. So what you are saying is not true at all. One could be fake and one could be real. And tomorrow they may reverse depending on parts availability. They have no patent laws and no scruples about branding.

AutoHead420

AutoHead420

I got 14 inches of that white hell where I am yesterday. But being a snowmobiler ill cope with it. And I agree with mimed on this one I'd hate to waste alot of money on junk I get the pay for itself I spend 20k a year on it to help fight a few health issues. So this is saving me tons of coin. But I'd like to see it last 5 so I can take my time and upgrade. It's an expensive hobby but if you love everything about it it's makes it the best experience. And I see alot of people going for quantity thats cool. For me I want the taste the aroma something to be proud to burn with your friends . It's a great experience if it plays a big roll in your life

Last edited:
Moshmen

Moshmen

I got 14 inches of that white hell where I am yesterday. But being a snowmobile ill cope with it. And I agree with mimed on this one I'd hate to waste alot of money on junk I get the pay for itself I spend 20k a year on it to help fight a few health issues. So this is saving me tons of coin. But I'd like to see it last 5 so I can take my time and upgrade. It's an expensive hobby but if you love everything about it it's makes it the best experience. And I see alot of people going for quantity thats cool. For me I want the taste the aroma something to be proud to burn with your friends . It's a great experience if it plays a big roll in your life
Well said.

N

Newber

my nextlight led's are hotter than my cmhs, I have 4 cmhs over one 4x8 tray and no ac unit... and the remote ballasts helps even further with heat. I'd just maybe swing in a store to check a cmh in person, love mine. But the new LEDs are badass for sure. either way! happy farming!

20210126 113114
AutoHead420

AutoHead420

My girls patiently waiting for me to get home and water them. For veg thears lights are doing great. I haven't had much upward growth don't know if it's good or bad . But bottle nute plants are doing a 100x better than the organic super soil.

Screenshot 20210204 165045 Wyze
Screenshot 20210204 165057 Wyze
AutoHead420

AutoHead420

@Newber I'll check them out I seen a few with liquid cooled ballasts but water and electric being a technician just don't mix in my mind yanno. But I'll check a few out the updated reflectors really changed the heat dissipation factor for the better.

jollycanna

jollycanna

New,Gwan the keeper of the trees...available soon.
Supporter
Looking for opinions on some amazon grow lights. Have a 350 budget and I will be order a hlg Scorpion Diablo in May so I'm just looking to get by for now.
So far I see the mars hydro tsl2000
And the xs2000 that seem to be pretty decent for the price. Looking for any recommendations, and or reviews on your favorite lights in the category.
i bought china specials on ebay they worked well.most accept i think cree if thats the nasa one parts come from china... if you know youtube you can figure out how to get better bulbs in the chinas... but why... maybe it was gravitas... but my china lights got me dank buds but i did put more lumens then direct sun out door i think... those round ufo ones work well...

AutoHead420

AutoHead420

So sorry for the post if you guys are busy but. @ReeferRon and @hotrod717 Ordered the BP3000 Friday and got it today. The general look and feel sofar, definitely not disappointed. Holy the light is strong 💪, what do you guys distance them at for veg ? And another note for my first indoor grow im super pumped about how they look just ending week 3.Using all the fox farms line up, except the trio. Instead using the gh trio and rapid start due to the water solubility, and not being salt based. Also Cal mag plus, a little hydroguard, and silicablast, those all from botanicare. Every now and then the soil (white bucket) gets a recharge only feeding. The fabric pots are coco and dry amendments. Compost tea once a month, and some recharge. Top dressing in another week with some worm castings, guano (seabird and bat), and a dry amendment leaning tword the npk a blooming plant needs. Other notes
Soil:
Ph of 6.3-6.5
Watering to 20 % runoff
Ppm has noted and in range for each week going into week 4 I'll be in the range of 1000-1200
Watered/feed every 3-4 days (currently, they'restarting to drink fast)
Original glue auto x2 (1 is topped)
Lemon pie auto
Northern lights auto
Northern lights auto ( little guy in back who had a rough start to life, just wanna see how long he will go.)
Coco:
Ph of 5.9-6.3
No runoff
They have received compost tea after the first 2 weeks of straight water, and now a recharge every few waterings.
Watered every 2 days.
Originally glue auto x2
Northern lights auto (topped)
White widow auto

Have been performing lst
Lights 20" Above
18-6
Rh of 45-55%
Temps between 70-78°F
4 fans 6"
AC infinity intake and exhaust fans w/ carbon filter
Room negatively pressured
Humidity control devices

20210208 182844
20210208 182850
20210208 182834
20210208 182840
Last edited:
hotrod717

hotrod717

So sorry for the post if you guys are busy but. @ReeferRon and @hotrod717 Ordered the BP3000 Friday and got it today. The general look and feel sofar, definitely not disappointed. Holy the light is strong 💪, what do you guys distance them at for veg ? And another note for my first indoor grow im super pumped about how they look just ending week 3.Using all the fox farms line up, except the trio. Instead using the gh trio and rapid start due to the water solubility, and not being salt based. Also Cal mag plus, a little hydroguard, and silicablast, those all from botanicare. Every now and then the soil (white bucket) gets a recharge only feeding. The fabric pots are coco and dry amendments. Compost tea once a month, and some recharge. Top dressing in another week with some worm castings, guano (seabird and bat), and a dry amendment leaning tword the npk a blooming plant needs. Other notes
Soil:
Ph of 6.3-6.5
Watering to 20 % runoff
Ppm has noted and in range for each week going into week 4 I'll be in the range of 1000-1200
Watered/feed every 3-4 days (currently, they'restarting to drink fast)
Original glue auto x2 (1 is topped)
Lemon pie auto
Northern lights auto
Northern lights auto ( little guy in back who had a rough start to life, just wanna see how long he will go.)
Coco:
Ph of 5.9-6.3
No runoff
They have received compost tea after the first 2 weeks of straight water, and now a recharge every few waterings.
Watered every 2 days.
Originally glue auto x2
Northern lights auto (topped)
White widow auto

Have been performing lst
Lights 20" Above
18-6
Rh of 45-55%
Temps between 70-78°F
4 fans 6"
AC infinity intake and exhaust fans w/ carbon filter
Room negatively pressured
Humidity control devices
Nice !!! That light is gorgeous! As i said cant recommend BP enough for price to performance.
Curious what you think of and make out with topping autos. I personally have had a better time topping them, than training, but that could be me doing LST wrong or not spending enough time working on it.
For Veg i try to keep light around 18-24" over plants.

Last edited:
ReeferRon

ReeferRon

Hey man, What's good. Congrats on the new light! Smart buy in my opinion!

I don't put my plants under the BP until their about 3-4 weeks old, so I don't know about seedlings but teens can take the light at like 16-18 inches with the light running full blast...I dimmed mine once to make sure they worked, bumped them up to full blast 18 inches from the canopy and the plants literally explode!

I let them grow into the light until around 16 inches then I raise it. That string I have tied to the hygrometer is 18 inches long so I always know where I'm at.
IMG 1534

IanGrowSom

IanGrowSom

Looking for opinions on some amazon grow lights. Have a 350 budget and I will be order a hlg Scorpion Diablo in May so I'm just looking to get by for now.
So far I see the mars hydro tsl2000
And the xs2000 that seem to be pretty decent for the price. Looking for any recommendations, and or reviews on your favorite lights in the category.
I think one of the best lights for this price is iluminars 1000W HPS-MH. For the 4x4 tent you have this would be excellent, you should definitely check it out!

Top Bottom