BEST BULB IN FLOWERING FOR QUALITY AND POTENCY?

• Thread starter juggernaut
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Gamrstwin36

Gamrstwin36

Brighter doesnt mean better! brighter means more lumens or lux. lumens aint shit, they are only primarily visible to the human eye. now wavelength and spectrum matter dramatically. Tried the Solis-Tek bulbs with GREAT SUCCESS! i read an article on a bong cleaner site, saw the companies instagram of their grows and decided to try their choice. technology changes, read up on it here 420kushclean.com/light-spectrum-cannabis/

not to mention they have a lot more UVB/UVA then any other grow bulbs out there that i researched. they are the ONLY ONE that use IRON FREE GLASS! and yes they are different the moment you fire them up! i wont grow without my Solis Tek every again.

Not IRON FREE. LOW IRON. so there's still some in there. A bit pricey, but maybe worth it. Sunmaster maybe on their tails though.
Respect

MedicineFarm

MedicineFarm

24/7 garden. i have run hps in the past, all kinds, i did side by side with a dual arc four times to be sure. every time the dual arcs produced more and they had better quality, more resin etc. it is full spectrum. give your plants everything they need for growth and they will give back dense quality flowers. good price too!

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

24/7 garden. i have run hps in the past, all kinds, i did side by side with a dual arc four times to be sure. every time the dual arcs produced more and they had better quality, more resin etc. it is full spectrum. give your plants everything they need for growth and they will give back dense quality flowers. good price too!
Have you ever noticed if dual arc run cooler or if they could be placed closer then reg thouies?

MedicineFarm

MedicineFarm

they are cooler than HPS for sure. when an air cooled reflector is properly cooled and ducted, and if you get a good size hood to spread light, you can get em close and do more work. a few times they got big and all the tops were about 6-8" away no burn.
Veg 10

FatZip818OG

FatZip818OG

I'm liking ultra sun bulbs more and more
These lamps blow the Hortilux blue series out of the water with full spectrum lamps. Also cheaper

http://www.sunmastergrowlamps.com/SunmasterFullNova6000K.htm
THEY SURE DO! i dont use hortilux. their bulbs act funny with e-ballasts and are overpriced. i know a guy who uses all your 6k 600w in his grow. Sunmaster lights are very high quality as well. anyone interested in the a full spectrum should definitely check out the new companies like sunmaster. these new companies seem to be making lights for us cannabis growers unlike the older companies who light my parking lot!

FatZip818OG

FatZip818OG

Rip off?
Not partial to any, engineering @ EYE and Phillips are top notch.
Most manufactorers can't compete.
Plus or minus 10 bucks at the door, graphs?

IF YOUR NOT PARTIAL, then that means your are speaking from actually going to their labs? you have seen their so called top notch labs!!!! yeah sure buddy, you must work for hortilux and tossed in Phillips to seem impartial. do they grow good comersh AAA for dispensaries sure, but can they grow the most out of strain NO THEY CANT! What sold in most dispensaries and whats in AN EXPERIENCED growers pocket is totally different and anyone who thinks they know a dispensary with the sickness then imagine that growers head stash. they lights you like dude they both suck for seeking ultimate quality. thats that! i from the 818, 40 years here buddy, got tons of love and tons of fire cuts and they love the new 4k & 6k spectrums out that Solis makes. im actually seen all the major bulbs growing. Solis has iron free glass that give my girls more uvb/uva then hortilux could ever dream of :)
if you were at (@ EYE and Phillips labs) you would see they grow flowers DAMN FLOWERS as in flower shop flowers! my flowers dont like they same things my roses like. ill do me you keep using commercial lighting. to be truly impartial i seen a spectacular grow with Sunmaster as well. Solis & Sun are the only ones i am aware of that use full spectrum with an eballast the blue from hortilux is a lot more money and does not work well with eballast. a full spectrum bulb does usually yield a little less. more terpines and thc is present with tight buds with full spectrum grows.
the sun is not HPS is closest to a full spectrum halide. GROW LARGE BALL HARD OR GO HOME!

the TOPIC IS SIMPLE STAY ON POINT! THE DUDE IS ASKING WHAT WILL MAKE HIS BUDS THE BEST THEY CAN BE. HE DID NOT ASK WHAT ALL YOU ALL ARE USING FOR YOU GROW. HE ASKED FROM EXPERIENCED FARMERS WHO HAVE MANY GROWS AND MANY STYLES AND MANY LIGHTING TESTS. HE DIDN'T ASK FOR THE AVERAGE TO REPLY, by the way use only 600w they buds will come out much nicer and more personal. a smaller yield but not by much. the quality makes up for it. 1000w anything drys and stress buds.
its for the commercial grows

Last edited:
Lucky777

Lucky777

they are cooler than HPS for sure. when an air cooled reflector is properly cooled and ducted, and if you get a good size hood to spread light, you can get em close and do more work. a few times they got big and all the tops were about 6-8" away no burn.View attachment 401949
dude remove your glass, your cheating your ladies of their full light. you have no idea how much of that light is blocked by that glass. try a side by side and you will toss your glass in the trash!

MedicineFarm

MedicineFarm

dude remove your glass, your cheating your ladies of their full light. you have no idea how much of that light is blocked by that glass. try a side by side and you will toss your glass in the trash!
that is true for every reflector out there, these are some custom reflectors that use more expensive low iron glass. the reflective material is 98% reflective and the lens allows for 96% transmission, with little to no iron you can touch the glass and it is barely warm on a 1000w dual arc.the hood covers a 4'x4' square edge to edge. a bare bulb is too hot in my set up.you would have to hang it far enough away not to burn, imo I'm getting more light energy to the top of my canopy.

KiLoEleMeNt

KiLoEleMeNt

im not sure if anyone has touched on this yet but has anyone ever considered using the dual arc bulbs I am building a 15 x 15 room 3 x 15 vegg 12 x15 flower in flower I will have two 1000 watt dual arc bulbs in triple x2 8in hoods I have run the dual arc once berfor in a four by four and never have seen such lush quick response to flowering and the amount of dry flower in the end was substantial compared to previous grows

MedicineFarm

MedicineFarm

im not sure if anyone has touched on this yet but has anyone ever considered using the dual arc bulbs I am building a 15 x 15 room 3 x 15 vegg 12 x15 flower in flower I will have two 1000 watt dual arc bulbs in triple x2 8in hoods I have run the dual arc once berfor in a four by four and never have seen such lush quick response to flowering and the amount of dry flower in the end was substantial compared to previous grows
heck yes! that is all I'm running start to finish. IMO it is one of the most complete spectrums available.

KiLoEleMeNt

KiLoEleMeNt

heck yes! that is all I'm running start to finish. IMO it is one of the most complete spectrums available.
Super awesome to here bro glad im still o the rite track kind just went my own way for a bit left the forums and ditched the books after so man years you think you grow out of the need but it jus gets bigger and badder every time so you need the know how from others to help you along the way on NEW paths

S

ssteely71

At the indoor garden expo sunmaster hooked me up with a free 600w blue ice HPS bulb. I use it as a transition bulb when moving plants from veg area into bloom tent and I use it for first 10 days of bloom. It performs way better than the brand I was using before. Thanks for the hook up sunmaster!

dirtyshawa

dirtyshawa

that's becasue CFL suck, there is way too mouch dramatic loss in light output every inch with FLOROS. CFL are garbage and a complete waste, they don't do anything to the buds they are too weak.
now you want to read this article http://420kushclean.com/light-spectrum/
look at these pics using a Solameter 6.2
Here is a EYE HORTILUX 1000 HP3 A TINY MEASURE OF 011 ON THE SCALE View attachment 405025

HERE IS THE SOLIS-TEK 4K. WITH A READING OF 172 ! GET YOUR SHINE ON WITH UVB THAT IS CLOSER TO THE SUNS READINGS WHICH IS 170-200 ON THIS METER. View attachment 405027

I WILL BE TESTING SUNMASTER TOMORROW.

HERE'S A FUNNY STORE MY HOMIES JOKE AROUND ABOUT THE NAME HORTILUX. SO IT PRODUCES LOTS OF LUMENS THAT PLANTS CANNOT SEE AS WELL. GOOGLE LUX AND LEARN ABOUT LUX. THEN READ THE BOX ON HORTILUX GRAPHS. SEE WHAT YOUR BUYING??????
HORTI = GROWING OF PLANTS
LUX = LIGHT VISIBLE TO HUMANS
Hmm, that's an interesting lamp. I have the 6k MH & HPS Solis Tek Bulbs running in my 4×8 tent using their splitter. Do you think I will get the same benefits as running the 4k?

Greeneye04

Greeneye04

I second that. Just replaced a room that had 9k to 9 epaps in a 14x17 and I could only turn them up to 825 due to heat issues. Still did better than my run prior with 9k. 4 ton ac is in tomorrow, can't wait to run them full blast.

Latest posts

Top Bottom