BEST BULB IN FLOWERING FOR QUALITY AND POTENCY?

• Thread starter juggernaut
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Rock Star

Rock Star

SunMaster bulbs are garbage. I picked up 20 bulbs as they were bogo. After 3 months they flicker a month later it's dead. No longer firing. Crap made in China. Buyer beware.

^^^ Are you serious bro? Maybe you were running them on old shitty ballasts not rated for the lamp. Also not made in China; fact check yourself before posting mis information on this thread.

Rock Star

Rock Star

From their web-site.

Sunmaster product line was developed by Venture Lighting International to provide optimized lighting solutions for a variety of plant growth applications. Venture is the leader in metal halide technology, having developed more than 80% of the metal halide lamp types in use today. We also lead in developing complete lamp and ballast systems for optimum efficiency.

Venture is an Advanced Lighting Technologies company, a global organization dedicated to advancing light management through new technologies. Along with lamp and ballast development, we’re the world’s leading supplier of metal halide salts and HPS amalgams. For Sunmaster lamps, our dosing technology achieves more usable light energy for plant growth.

Indoor growers, large and small, trust our expertise. And no other light source can rival our metal halide technology in its ability to deliver customized spectral output to meet the needs of plants throughout the growth cycle.

Sunmaster is part of a diverse group of Advanced Lighting Technologies companies dedicated to advancing optimized light management systems.

Venture Lighting, Solon, OH
Developed more than 80% of all metal halide lamp types in use today
APL, Urbana, IL
World's leading supplier of metal halide salts and HPS amalgams

So I guess,... If I read right their made in Solon, OH and APL Urbana, IL by a main company Venture Lighting

T

toquer

^^^ Are you serious bro? Maybe you were running them on old shitty ballasts not rated for the lamp. Also not made in China; fact check yourself before posting mis information on this thread.
I stand corrected...but so do you...they are not made in the US nor are they made in China. They are made in India.

They have been run on the BadAss Ballast and have crapped out, they have been run on Phantom's and have crapped out they have been run on Quantums and have crapped out. I don't have any old 600w ballasts. I wish i would though to be totally honest. Old magnetic ballasts are fixable unlike newer digital ballasts.

Buy yes, my bad, I was wrong.

juggernaut

juggernaut

if i had to set up again i would use 600w . more bulbs more spectrums. my dream house is com in. wish i could do an apprenticeship in cali. 15 yrs under my belt so i say I'm ready.lol
thanks for the 600 trick.

T

toquer

WRONG AGAIN U R
VENTURE LIGHTING IS IN OHIO USA
And the bulb and box both say made in India. I'll take pictures in the morning. I have a few dozen of these worthless bulbs at the shop. Just because a parent company is in the states doesn't mean their manufacturing is also there.

Rock Star

Rock Star

HA no more fighting please lol. I called Sunmaster yesterday and spoke about this thread. Along with some questions about the Full Nova lamps and what could cause a mass failure. He also mentioned the return rate of this lamp line is less than 1% (no clue if that's smoke being blown up my ass) and he ensured me a return at the size listed above was never mentioned to him. Bottom line is yes 80% of the bulb production is done in India ballasts included. This is mainly due to that fact Venture Lighting and Sunmaster are both global companies and India is a pretty centralized location for distribution and low cost production to keep the end user cost down. 20% is done in Solon, OH this includes research and development, new products and special orders.

Lime is right Venture Lighting is pretty much the only company left still massively producing metal halide and high pressure sodium's lamps around the world. So take that knowledge as you see fit, he wouldn't tell me if Venture Lighting "aids" in the development of other brands but I got a chuckle.

VERMONTSKUNKS

VERMONTSKUNKS

I talked to him regularly, he said he ran it full time throughout flower and kept it fairly close to the plants, in a bell shapes reflector to aim the light where it's supposed to go. Speaking of, this light is really bad juju for your eyes so turn it off if you'll be there for longer than a moment- and never go anywhere near the thing while it's running without good uv blocking sunglasses on. For REAL, the point of these bulbs is concentrated high energy radiation, the very stuff that hastens cataracts. WEAR YOUR SHADES, COOL KIDS. End of safety lecture- but they're your eyes.

Caring,sharing explaining unforseen dangers..........truly a gift to the community this cat is! Yeah man!

552313 10151218818871812 290242777 n
T

toquer

next time the bulbs begin to flicker i'll take a video and post it. it won't be long. i only run 3 of these lights anymore. they've been replaced with the ones from AN which get at least 9 months of life before i have to worry about light loss. and the superblue's from hortilux which were always my bulb of preference. i've got one box of 6 sunmasters left. good thing they were buy one get one free. was the only reason i didn't care to bother the guys at the store with the return. what am i going to get? store credit for another bulb? come on, give me a break, i spend thousands of dollars a month i could care less about a few hundred bucks. if they work for 3 months and i've gotten a free one that'll work for 3 months then i've got a 6 month bulb. add to that i get a steep discount at the hydro store and honestly the pennies i wasted on trying SunMaster were a lesson learned.

thus the question i asked earlier... CDL 315w - 24 of them in my grow at $10,800 cash or epap600 - 16 of them for $7200 bucks?

Both drop my overall wattage by a tremendous amount allowing me to fire up flower room number 2.

2040 less watts for the CDL's, equates to $130 bucks a month less to run the CDL's. Will they be sufficient lighting? was told they have a 5 foot penetration and 3 of them can cover a 4x8 sufficiently.

We Solidarity

We Solidarity

next time the bulbs begin to flicker i'll take a video and post it. it won't be long. i only run 3 of these lights anymore. they've been replaced with the ones from AN which get at least 9 months of life before i have to worry about light loss. and the superblue's from hortilux which were always my bulb of preference. i've got one box of 6 sunmasters left. good thing they were buy one get one free. was the only reason i didn't care to bother the guys at the store with the return. what am i going to get? store credit for another bulb? come on, give me a break, i spend thousands of dollars a month i could care less about a few hundred bucks. if they work for 3 months and i've gotten a free one that'll work for 3 months then i've got a 6 month bulb. add to that i get a steep discount at the hydro store and honestly the pennies i wasted on trying SunMaster were a lesson learned.

thus the question i asked earlier... CDL 315w - 24 of them in my grow at $10,800 cash or epap600 - 16 of them for $7200 bucks?

Both drop my overall wattage by a tremendous amount allowing me to fire up flower room number 2.

2040 less watts for the CDL's, equates to $130 bucks a month less to run the CDL's. Will they be sufficient lighting? was told they have a 5 foot penetration and 3 of them can cover a 4x8 sufficiently.

I'd go with the epaps...less shit to have to replace down the road

T

toquer

found a very interesting paper/active excel file that does cost analysis of various types of lights. really makes me second think what i've been told about the CMH bulbs and how many would be needed to cover the same area that my current lighting covers. looks more like 9 of them would be needed to replace the same amount of light that 4 1k's put out not 6 as the hydro store told me. maybe if i were restricted to just trays and didn't want side lighting then it'd be something. the paper doesn't have the 600w or 750w from Gavita and ePapillon. I'll email the guy at the university and see if there's an update on it.

https://cpl.usu.edu/htm/research/publication=15575

We Solidarity

We Solidarity

Honestly I'm gonna state my professional opinion

GAVITA
First off if you read the facts
It's a 400volt bulb powered by a 240 volt ballast which means the bulb itself is not being run but approx 50% it's potenetial
Not to mention double ended lights are not easily swapped out when u want to add spectrums ! They are very limiting in terms of versatility plus holland is old school to me, they haven't been my growing map for years.
I prefer not to jump on each and every band wagon made, IN CASE NO ONE HAS NOTICED, Bloodsuckers are out for the GREEN RUSH. They will say and sell almost anything to us! IF U LET THEM! JUST LIKE A FEW NUTE companies used to put stuff in the nutes that would make yor plants shine and control height like PACLO then when ballers take that shit to lab and have the nutes tested they find shit like PACLO and other PGR's
Just as they have done the weed industry so will all these other hypes
Don't jump on hype
That just my experience

Dude...your professional opinion is way off here...

DE bulbs have two 200v connections as opposed to a standard 200v Edison connection...which means you're not wasting energy or taxing your bulb when you fire it up. Its the reason I don't worry about turning de bulbs on and off, and also the reason they maintain such high efficiency ratings for at least 30 months of regular use. Granted you can't get fancy and add blue light if you want but in my experience it has never added anything to flower, just made them less dense.

We Solidarity

We Solidarity

And also how do you say Holland is old school? They've pioneered horticulture for centuries, the are still on the cutting edge. DE bulbs are brand new technology less than 4 years old and WAY more practical and efficient than anything that's come before it...and they've definitely had time to prove themselves, which is why they are now the new best thing. I've seen a lot of bullshit come and go through the weed scene and these lights are not bullshit

Myco

Myco

Honestly I'm gonna state my professional opinion

GAVITA
First off if you read the facts
It's a 400volt bulb powered by a 240 volt ballast which means the bulb itself is not being run but approx 50% it's potenetial
This does not mean that "the bulb itself is not being run but approx 50% it's potenetial"

Voltage is not a constant in the electrical world. Voltage is a not an actual unit of measurement of energy.

This is just like saying that "powering ballasts on 240v vs. 120v will save you $$$ on power consumption."

I'd like you to further elaborate on technical specifics rather than just what you are simply assuming... but this is a perfect example of 'bro-science'.

I think you are simply against new trends and companies capitalizing off of hype. I'm with you on that one... I'm not the type to jump on a bandwagon just because it's the 'cool shit'. But you don't need to make shit up just to satisfy your agenda.

NOW FOR THE FACTS ABOUT GaVITA
TAKEN DIRECTLY FROM THEIR OWN WORDS

The Gavita Pro 300 LEP is a solid state horticultural plasma light fixture. There are no moving parts in the fully sealed housing, improving the reliability. The light source is a LUXIM STA 41.02 LiFi module which has a rated average life of 30,000 hours. The glass wide spectrum filter allows for low quantities UVB light to pass while shielding you and your crop from UVC. The Vega aluminum reflector generates an even square light pattern. The absence of heat radiation in the light allows you to hang the lamp close to your crop, or to add the light without adding extra heat radiation to your crop.

SO IF YOU WANT TO SHIELD YOUR WEED FROM THE UVB THEY NEED THEN BY ALL MEANS BY GAVITA

WE ARE GROWING AAAAA+ not AAA+ meds here bro
Get that glass out of all your grow rooms
CANNABIS NEED THE REFLECTOR GLASS REMOVED TO ABSORB THE UVB AS THEY WOULD NATURALLY OUTDOORS!

I will challenge anyone to challenge me
I will bring u facts from the companies themselves
They are great for flowers NOT CANNABIS FLOWERS

The thread was asking about lights
All these fuck nuts add every other fixture other than HID
STICK to the topic
BEST BULB IN FLOWERING
Now gavita is not a bulb but an entire fixture ballast bulb setup
The guy who started the thread wanted to learn! He wanted to know bulbs that would work for the best cannabis has to offer
CANNABIS LOVES UVB
SO PISS OFF GAVITA
With your UVB FILTERING GLASS SHIELDS
This is completely irrelevant, as the product description is actually referring to the plasma (LEP, Light Emitting Plasma) version of Gavita, not the double ended HPS that we're talking about.

The standard DE HPS Gavita doesn't have glass in the reflector.

Glass does indeed filter UVB, I'm not arguing that point.

But like I said, you don't need to pull out at all stops and make shit up just to prove a point. Your frantic multi-posting makes you just sound unintelligent and semi-irrational.

I don't even own any Gavitas or DE setups, nor have I really even thoughtfully considered it... So before you get all upset with your caps lock button stuck, repeating yourself and posting several times, understand that I don't even have a dog in this race.

IF ADDING BLUES MADE YOUR FLOWERS LESS DENSE THEN CALLING U OUT
LIAR
HALIDES YIELD SHORTER PLANTS SMALLER TIGHTER MORE FROSTY BUDS
HPS YIELDS TALLER PLANTS WITH LARGER FLUFFIER BUDS!
mixing the lights will be the closest reproduction to our natural sun
Your status as a well known farmer means you got a lot of kids to award you trophies or likes doesn't mean you know much. It means u been on the forum longer as well but it doesn't speak for your knowledge that is in the pudding that's where the proof always is!

THE BLUES... Help to harden buds!
Just as in nature as you increase elevation you increase the UVC, UVB, UVA, PURPLE, BLUE
That is why LAND RACE INDICA IS FOUND AT THE EQUATOR LINE AT HIGHEST ELEVATIONS!

Now sativas are found in tropical areas and lower elevations where forest and foliage cover occurs more frequently blocking the uv raya
Okay, so are you going to call me a liar when I say that I grow rock hard buds simply using HPS with no 'added blues'? I think 99% of the community would agree that HPS produces more dense flowers than MH.

Just as in nature as you increase elevation you increase the UVC
For the record, UVC is virtually completely shielded by the ozone layer. Just had to point that one out.

To conclude:

Chillax my friend. This community here is for intelligent discussion, not flaming. It seems as though 80% of your posts here are you getting all kinds of worked up trying to prove people wrong in a very frantic, illogical, and arrogant tone which really, IMO, is not what the forums are about.

I'm sending good vibes to you, just because I think you need some.

Cheers.

Last edited:
VERMONTSKUNKS

VERMONTSKUNKS

Im gonna really fuck with your heads then guys/gals with my methods, three 4 foot 55 watt 6000 k t-5's alongside my 600 hps cooltube, now i do have a reptile light/bulb but i needed to discern truth from fiction with that bulb before i threw it into the splendor room. Anyway ive learned alot sifting through the arguements here so thanku.

Top Bottom