BEST BULB IN FLOWERING FOR QUALITY AND POTENCY?

• Thread starter juggernaut
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Gamrstwin36

Gamrstwin36

The original poster was asking about the very best light for potency and I'm surprised I'm the first one to mention UVB.

10%UVB cfl bulbs sold for reptile keeping have shown the way to higher resin/thc levels on many occasions. This is a very different part of the UV spectrum than mh or cmh cover.

I haven't seen anyone try this on a scaled up basis, in part because it may be hard to find the right light source; after all, cfl just isn't gonna get it done in a sea of HID lights!

@flowamasta hey buddy, where you at? You want to tell us what you learned with your UVB cfl bulbs? I hope he's still around...

You beat me to the trigger . Im currently using 4 separate uvb bulb fixtures surrounding my vertical cylinder on the outside of perimeters. I learned a few yrs back uvb will increase thc. When in full swing I'll share pics . A buddy had the bc box thing put uvb underneath. His trics were RIDICULOUS! !

ttystikk

ttystikk

Ive never heard of this before, i would be interested to know more im gonna do some research. maybe on a small scale or for some closet growers it could be beneficial. I wonder if you would need to use it throughout the cycle or only during peak flowering times when trichrome production is at its highest.

I talked to him regularly, he said he ran it full time throughout flower and kept it fairly close to the plants, in a bell shapes reflector to aim the light where it's supposed to go. Speaking of, this light is really bad juju for your eyes so turn it off if you'll be there for longer than a moment- and never go anywhere near the thing while it's running without good uv blocking sunglasses on. For REAL, the point of these bulbs is concentrated high energy radiation, the very stuff that hastens cataracts. WEAR YOUR SHADES, COOL KIDS. End of safety lecture- but they're your eyes.

ttystikk

ttystikk

You beat me to the trigger . Im currently using 4 separate uvb bulb fixtures surrounding my vertical cylinder on the outside of perimeters. I learned a few yrs back uvb will increase thc. When in full swing I'll share pics . A buddy had the bc box thing put uvb underneath. His trics were RIDICULOUS! !

What's a bc box? I'm interested in more!

e4ian

e4ian

I'm going to try one of these (new) "solaar" bulbs.Apparantly 3000 extra lumens compared to other leading brands !

Alice D

Alice D

I've also ran every bulb on the market and have seen amazing things since introducing solis tek 4k MH bulbs for flower with their ballast. I've been playing with the double ended bulbs by Phillips and ushio 1000w with the e-papillon ballast but recently been learning about their d-papillon Very interesting stuff Phillips is doing these days. Here is a little info I found on them

The Philips GreenPower and Daylight grow lamps are full spectrum lamps that irradiate the farred and UV spectrum.
The D-Papillon Fixture consists of an Ultra durable electronic ballast which has a 50.000 hours average rated life with a 90% survival rate.
The average rated life of the GreenPower and Daylight bulbs are 16.000 hours with 80% lightoutput remaining.

The heat that is generated on the lamp surface is not transferred directly to the plant, but indirectly, with air acting as a carrier. Using the open reflector concept, a natural air current is created, with which the heat is distributed evenly throughout the environment, thereby preventing the formation of hotspots on the plant. The Reflector allows heat to dissipate away trom the canopy, greatly reducing garden hotspots and increasing overall lamp life (less heat build up).

opentemp.jpg

Daylight lamp
The daylight lamp is optimized in a broad spectrum growthlight with an increased share of blue light. The lamp can be used for the growth stage of the plant.

daylight315w.jpg

GreenPower lamp
De GreenPower lamp is optimized in a broad spectrum with a peak in the 660nm DeepRed area. Because of the peak in the 660nm DeepRed area results makes the plant more generative which results in a stronger bloom of the plant in the flowering stage.

greenpower315w.jpg

Specifications:
Input voltage : 220 ‐ 240 Volt (line—neutral)
Input current : 1,5 Ampere at 230 Volt
Power consumption : 340 Watt
Input frequency : 50/60 Hz
Relative humidity : 25 – 90% (non‐condensing)
Reflector material : VEGA™ aluminium high efficiency reflector

Light source:
Luminous flux : 36,000 lumen
PPF DAYLIGHT: 550 μmol;
PPF GreenPower 600 μmol
Colour temperature DAYLIGHT: 4200K
Colour temperature GreenPower: 3100K

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
UVB lamps works great for late flower stress triggers but not so well all the way thru...we played with all the Sunpulse lamps, swappin them out at all thew suggested growth thresholds as recommended and it worked great but at scale was way more of a pain in the ass than the slight difference we saw in the finished product

Gamrstwin36

Gamrstwin36

UVB lamps works great for late flower stress triggers but not so well all the way thru...we played with all the Sunpulse lamps, swappin them out at all thew suggested growth thresholds as recommended and it worked great but at scale was way more of a pain in the ass than the slight difference we saw in the finished product

Happy you chimed in tk. So use uvb what? Last three weeks?? Happy holidays tk!!

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
3K Lamps
Recommend for the majority of flowering when growing annual plants.

4K Lamps
This is a Full Spectrum light good for all stages of growth.

6.4K Lamps
Popularly used for vegetative growth.

10K Lamps
Use during the last 1-2 weeks of flowering to allow better ripening and finishing.

I am runnin 7500k lamps in veg right now and plants have never looked better..super spectrum for veg

Alice D

Alice D

3K Lamps
Recommend for the majority of flowering when growing annual plants.

4K Lamps
This is a Full Spectrum light good for all stages of growth.

6.4K Lamps
Popularly used for vegetative growth.

10K Lamps
Use during the last 1-2 weeks of flowering to allow better ripening and finishing.

I am runnin 7500k lamps in veg right now and plants have never looked better..super spectrum for veg
Have you had a chance to check out the d-papillon green power bulbs? Also what your thoughts on these double ended bulbs made by Phillips,Ushio ect.? Have you had a chance to work with those at all? Are people really seeing a significant yield increase like I've heard. I have just started running some e-paps 1000w with the Philips bulbs but like I was saying just lit them up. Thanks for your insight I appreciate it. Much respect I like your work. -Alice D.

A

AlterEgo860

I have no idea, I inherited a couple cases of Horti's and then did side by sides with the Agrosun Reds..I still have a couple cases of Horti's
lol if there new ill buy them lol .. ebay and send that shit to me lol.. I need some new bulbs after this run

kushdoctor

kushdoctor

I've used em all , had a friend started using cheap 1000 watt metal halides like sylvania 's and had good results so I tried one the yeild is not as good but they really catch up in the end and finish better with the blue / white spectrum . Lots of farmers use halides in veg , first couple weeks of bloom to limit stretch then , hps until the last couple weeks where they switch back to mh .

e4ian

e4ian

You are 100% correct my friend. they did side by side comparisons with the hortilux at monstergardens and you literally couldn't tell them apart.only difference is genesis are a lot cheaper

I recently got from eBay uk (mixed up!^)an omega Mh bulb that's working excellently
^ very cheap half the price

Top Bottom