1525432 749666555063202 1156143760 n
1422454 749667511729773 49720360 n
WP 20131212 04 25 30 Smart

OB1Ganjobi

OB1Ganjobi

NEWPORT seems The best to me.
I try to only use tane from the UK.
No to Chinese butane.
I used lots of Vector in the past but no more China for me.
I'm using Clipper brand next. It's from Spain and supposedly as pure as NEWPORT.

KEG

KEG

Am I the only one using Vector filtered 14? I only see people talking about 5x and 7x but no 14.

OB1Ganjobi

OB1Ganjobi

IMG 0905 kindlephoto 108943440
Am I the only one using Vector filtered 14? I only see people talking about 5x and 7x but no 14.
This was made with vector 14.
I used vector 14 last run when the local shop was out of Newport cases and it's the best vector most definitely!!! I still think that NEWPORT is a hair better though. I try to stay away Chinese merchandise when I can.
Keep on blastin.
:cool::android:

Last edited:
shawnskush

shawnskush

NEWPORT seems The best to me.
I try to only use tane from the UK.
No to Chinese butane.
I used lots of Vector in the past but no more China for me.
I'm using Clipper brand next. It's from Spain and supposedly as pure as NEWPORT.
I just did a side by side of newport and power today Ill get some pics up tomorrow when they come out of the chamber but seems exactly the same so far. I think power also had a lower ppm of contaminants in a study that was posted recently.

KEG

KEG

Really?! Damn! We also get Newport here, guess I'll just make the switch. Anybody have any feelings or even heard of Stok? I got some pull with the local head shop owner, I can tell him if it's worth something or if he should just stick to their bho containers and leave vintage for the other stores. They make a really nice silicone case but they aren't 100% air tight. Their butane doesn't seem bad but I have good luck with my technique. It comes out hard, almost none waxy, but full melt. Darkest it comes is a peanut butter hue, all the way to near white. With this Stok or any of the vectors.

OilHead

OilHead

Really?! Damn! We also get Newport here, guess I'll just make the switch. Anybody have any feelings or even heard of Stok? I got some pull with the local head shop owner, I can tell him if it's worth something or if he should just stick to their bho containers and leave vintage for the other stores. They make a really nice silicone case but they aren't 100% air tight. Their butane doesn't seem bad but I have good luck with my technique. It comes out hard, almost none waxy, but full melt. Darkest it comes is a peanut butter hue, all the way to near white. With this Stok or any of the vectors.

You can cop lucienne or newport on amazon, ebay or at butanesource.com which is where I get it (out here in bumfuck nebraska lol)... Stok is good, it and Newport are pretty identical, both bottled by Keen in England, as is Lucienne for that matter. hmmmm... hard and full melt sound good to me? lol fuck "waxy", go go rock hard shatter :) -- what's the clarity? what's your technique? cause honestly, it's more in the technique than the 'tane.

Reactions: KEG
KEG

KEG

This, I'm aware. I achieve full melt budder with only whipping and warm water. I dont do shatter because I'm waiting to purchase a vacuum oven. I was just asking because I was always told that vector was the best, but I always achieved the some quality regardless of stok or vector. I guess I was more or less asking just to confirm that vector was just hyped up product.

-K.E.G

KEG

KEG

Here's what I have. No heat, just whipping. It looks waxy but is more of a solid. It's malleable like putty but not sticky. Kind of like play do when it's more dried out.

-K.E.G

-note: this photo was taken fresh. I dry it out for 12 hours so all the moisture gets out and to reduce tackiness. I dont bother with shatter until I have that oven because this knocks you on your ass and is clean as hell already. No popping or sizzling like I see with others around in my area.

Tumblr n1aw3tu3wq1r6t21fo1 1280
Last edited:
KEG

KEG

If I was concerned with my lungs, I wouldn't smoke resin drenched strains like WiFi and OG. Or I'd use the bubble bag method instead of blast butane to insure it's extra pure. In fact, if I was concerned, I wouldn't smoke. See what I'm saying? Point is, I dont want to make a janky setup because my buddy has an oven and doesn't use it enough to get how to operate it so he offered it to me for $600. So I dont know if you're try to talk me into a DIY setup but I'd rather buy the oven off him for that price and help him out with relieving his debt. In the mean time, I'm gonna keep whipping in spite of your rudeness.

-K.E.G

Last edited:
OilHead

OilHead

It seems the 14x is just their new packaging... no price differences and if they're supposedly going from 5x+ to 14x you'd think there'd be a price jump... "14x" isn't exactly quantifiable in any regard anyways... probably just looping through the same carbon filter 14 times lol... no knock on Vector, it's still quality tane... but for the price I still lean towards stuff from Keen

shawnskush

shawnskush

Hey Shawn what kind of tane are you using?
I use power5x. Ive run it side by side with vector,colibri,capitol,and newport with my best results being from vector and power. At half the price of vector and the same results it works for me. Newport gives me taffy every time for whatever reason..my least favorite butane so far.

crumble BHO

crumble BHO

It seems that Vector is recommended by plenty of folks, but when I do the mirror/glass test, there is still a visible coating after dried. Is there a governing body that makes sure the claims made by these butane companies are all true? Triple,quadruple refined? How do we know this? Seems fishy to me...
Yeah, vector has more mystery oil than any butane I have tried. It seems the more times they claim to be refined, the worse off they are. As far as readily availble butane goes, Luicenne is the best, but if you want the purest quality possible without having ANY mystery oil, hexane, pentane, propane, or other impurities, you can order Capital Butane from their website( capitalbutane.com ). I have been exerimenting with diferent brands for about ten years and have never had a better run than with capital. The only downfalls are the high price and limited availability. Even the can pressure is better and smoother than any other brand.

T

toquer

What about n-butanol? Has anybody used it? It's not easy to come by on the consumer level but it's used for other plants oils.

OB1Ganjobi

OB1Ganjobi

Has anyone used Puretane brand? Made in the USA. 99.9998% pure n-butane.
I just got a case and am about to run it....
Puretane Logo Square 600x600

Last edited:
Top Bottom