best butane to use?

• Thread starter Krypto1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
DeRon1

DeRon1

i lost me tube and me tyres still fucked ,,,i'm going to see if the glassboys will make me 1 ,a tube that is not a tyre,
,did u find yours ? if u did, why not bring em down and we'll have an oil making party ,dunno how ya gonna get here now the hempy taxi service has fucked off to spain ,its bloody inconsiderate if u ask me lol,

where do u all throw ya empty cans ? i got a binbag full out me shed ,,the man at the waste site looked funny at me when i tried to dump em ,,dunno if he thought i was a raving gas sniffer or what ,,there was loads it was funny
you guys r bloody hilarious over there.smoke and dab one for me m8's

Dbd143

Dbd143

I've been using this new puretane stuff. 99.999 pure 100% petroleum gas. used 7x filter last run and was unimpressed wutg the tabs for the tubes only vector tips fit. the 9x that i used yesterday didnt come with any additional tips but the final product comes out pretty damn good

Scazoom

Scazoom

stok now has a white can called fyr thats american n-tane. it seems to run through faster still kinda of testing to see if its better then luicenne but whoever hasnt should try luicenne

Myco

Myco

I've never noticed a difference in end product regardless of which brand I use...

As of late I'm using Power 5x, which you can get a 'master' case shipped for $215.

That's like... 1/3 the price of most. I'm not that cheap, but when you see the same results from every brand, why pay 100-200% more?

Dbd143

Dbd143

you may not be able to see the results but you will feel em over time for sure. i normally use vector just ordered 2 cases power 5x bc they were on sale also been playing with this puretane stuff did a blast last week with it and the stuff came out amazing but the price doesnt make it worth it for me as i said earlier the 9x puretane is 10 bucks a can but 9x filtered

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
If you really wanna find the best brand.. Go over to tokecity and find skylanders' thread hes done test on just about every brand out there..

Personally since its all just for me the amount of residue is nothing... You inhale more shit driving down the road breathing in peoples exhaust..

Atm i think whip-it brand 5x is on sale for like 175 a master case on ebay.. Theres other decent brands about the same price..

One would think butane would be alot cheaper now.. it has come down in price ALOT since i started. was paying at one time.. 60$ for a 12 pack :\ *ugh*

Anyway Whatevers cheap works for me. :D

Graywolf

Graywolf

Skyhighler has done a good job of uniformly comparing the different brands and a good list to keep up to date on.

Here are the GCMS results from a sample of R600 & R290 refrigerant from ecogreenindustries.net, which shows the usual green alligators and long necked geese at the Parts Per Billionth levels, but not at levels that are of concern by health officials.

Skyhighler did the residual tests, and has them posted on his thread. Their residuals were well within their posted limits, but are never the less stinky in concentration and so best used for recycling systems, where you can vacuum distill it once before extracting with it.

Check out their pricing, even with shipping, it is more than competitive in these parts with 99.9% n-Butane from Airgas, Praxair, Matheson, or Industrial Source.

Ecogreen R 600 analysis 1 1
Ecogreen R 600 analysis 1 2
Ecogreen R 290 analysis 1 1
Ecogreen R 290 analysis 1 2
LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
Apologies to Skyhighler if he reads it.. Wrote yer name wrong.. muh bad.. sorry :D

Props again to Greywolf for the ms/gc !!

Jeckle

Jeckle

If you can get research grade butane that the best would of thought but if not that , type into google safe butane for extraction a list should come up

Frostynugman

Frostynugman

Newport and Whip it premium come from the same deposit, and leave similar residuals. I think that whip it tastes better in the final product. Also they have bigger cans.

overripe

overripe

well, if you go to the "best to worst" butane manufacturer list Skyhighler made in the Mystery Oil thread on TC, then hit Crtl + F to search for ".000" only one result weighed that little; Puretane. plus the other two results included are among the best on the list. i'm about to do my first run and it's between Puretane and Lucienne.

i think Puretane is just re-canned N-Butane, pretty ingenious way to make money IMO.

Last edited:
Frostynugman

Frostynugman

well, if you go to the "best to worst" butane manufacturer list Skyhighler made in the Mystery Oil thread on TC, then hit Crtl + F to search for ".000" only one result weighed that little; Puretane. plus the other two results included are among the best on the list. i'm about to do my first run and it's between Puretane and Lucienne.

i think Puretane is just re-canned N-Butane, pretty ingenious way to make money IMO.
When I was reading puretane carries more residual than Newport and whip it both those carry .003 and puretane is .006 that's double

overripe

overripe

that was the older product before they started using seamless canisters and "9x" filtering.

i believe you are referring to his first results testing Puretane 8 months ago, here.

i'm referring to his recent results using the new Puretane 2 months ago, here and here.

Frostynugman

Frostynugman

that was the older product before they started using seamless canisters and "9x" filtering.

i believe you are referring to his first results testing Puretane 8 months ago, here.

i'm referring to his recent results using the new Puretane 2 months ago, here and here.
Thanks For the Link!

I was on the teter of getting it and now I will.

Jay Tea

Jay Tea

Ive been blowing nug runs from last year. 50 g per run, BD. X GDP. I just finished a master of whip it 9x and had to resort to P5x and noticed a difference in yield, residuals and overall taste, favoring the9x...have pics if anyones interested.

K

KushNDabs

I scanned through all the posts, and I'm not sure anyone mention Iolite.... I've been using it for a while, anyone else?
Also, on a serious note... Where do you dispose of your empty cans!? I have been wondering this for too long. I have way too many empty cans stockpiled in my backyard. I noticed someone else asked the same question, but I didnt see a response...

Top Bottom