best butane to use?

• Thread starter Krypto1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Midnite Tokr

Midnite Tokr

since Colibri is out of business whats the next best butane to use?
You can still buy colibri. I found a shit ton of colibri 300ml cans, in 2 packs on amazon. Just go under food grade butane. They also have Puretane. Food grade N butane in LINED FOOD GRADE PLASTIC cans, NO LUBRICANTS, no mystery oils. Happy Blasting.

Midnite Tokr

Midnite Tokr

For me instead of butane i use 190 proof grain alcohol. My product turned out more potent and cleaner. I extracted alot more oils with it as well. when i tried butane before i had an after taste and with the ethanol i dont, and its edible unlike the butane. i went to ethanol extraction. hope this helps.
Its edible yes, but only a TRUE edible product if you decarboxalated the cannabis first. That changes the THC-a into THC. THC-a is not psychoactive, and has no effect on the human body. All marijuana used in edibles is first decarboxalated prior to processing. Makes for a far more potent, and surperior end product.

MirrorZen

MirrorZen

Its edible yes, but only a TRUE edible product if you decarboxalated the cannabis first. That changes the THC-a into THC. THC-a is not psychoactive, and has no effect on the human body. All marijuana used in edibles is first decarboxalated prior to processing. Makes for a far more potent, and surperior end product.
Yes and when you cook off Ethanol at 220 degrees it becomes decarbed ;)
Same with QWISO and QWETHO. FYI

Midnite Tokr

Midnite Tokr

Yes and when you cook off Ethanol at 220 degrees it becomes decarbed ;)
Same with QWISO and QWETHO. FYI
In my years of extract making, and experimentation, I have found one thing to be true across the board. The HIGHER your evap temps, the CRAPPIER your extracts will be. You want to COLD BOIL off your solvents. At over 200*, there is nothing "cold" about that, and all you are doing, is baking off your teroenes, ruining your potency, smell, taste, everything about what you are trying to make, will be poop. That's the main reason behind using a vacuum oven. If you do not have a vacuum oven to vacuum purge your products, you are not having a good product, you are not having a clean product, in the end you are having an inferior product that can be purchased from skinny and Ray Ray Down on the Corner for $10 a gram because it's crap, and tastes like rotten asshole. I have found any heat ABOVE 120* bakes away about 65% of your terpenes. How did I figure this out? By churning out qp's of oil at a time, from ONE PLANT, and using different temps to vac purge it, a half oz at a time. Those COLD BOILED, at 120* and below, under VACUUM, had a super ass floral taste and smell, people preferred to smoke that, as opposed to the ones done between 120* and 200*. Those done above 120* the general consensus was that it was inferior, didn't taste as good, and people asked if it came off of the street corner.....Generally speaking, lower cooking temperatures are better. THC is COMPLETELY DEGRADED at temperatures in excess of 392 degrees F, but it starts to BREAK DOWN way before that, avtually long before that, at about 185* The terpenes degrade at different temps, LOWER than that of your THC. So vacing at 200* may be perfectly fine to preserve THC, it is NOT fine to preserve your terpenes profile, causing in the loss of much good aroma, taste, and overall potency. Boiling water never gets above 212 degrees F, a good rule of thumb is, if water is BOILING during vac purge, your temp is WAAAAY too high. The water should not boil, ever. After all, what is the point of rushing your extracts by boiling them, and ruining the quality? The point in making our own, is for a SURPERIOR product than one could buy on the street, not an INFERIOR one, easily found on ghetto street corner. Just saying. Buy a vacume oven. If you cant afgord the $800-$1000 for a decent one, make one for yourself, it is child's play an infant can do. My first one was made out of a large ass glass mason jar, a small vacuum pump, a piece of plexiglass, a vacuum gauge, 2 ball valves, an industrial vacuum seal, and some hosing, and was able to pull over 30mmHg!!! Which is 30 millimeters of mercury, and well enough to make most extracts. I now have one that pulls over 150mmHg ;) make one of these, actually do the extraction process, and rendering processes correctly, COLD BOIL off your solvents, and experiment like I have done. You will be glad you did, as your extracts will be way better.

Last edited:
MirrorZen

MirrorZen

In my years of extract making, and experimentation, I have found one thing to be true across the board. The HIGHER your evap temps, the CRAPPIER your extracts will be. You want to COLD BOIL off your solvents. At over 200*, there is nothing "cold" about that, and all you are doing, is baking off your teroenes, ruining your potency, smell, taste, everything about what you are trying to make, will be poop. That's the main reason behind using a vacuum oven. If you do not have a vacuum oven to vacuum purge your products, you are not having a good product, you are not having a clean product, in the end you are having an inferior product that can be purchased from skinny and Ray Ray Down on the Corner for $10 a gram because it's crap, and tastes like rotten asshole. I have found any heat ABOVE 120* bakes away about 65% of your terpenes. How did I figure this out? By churning out qp's of oil at a time, from ONE PLANT, and using different temps to vac purge it, a half oz at a time. Those COLD BOILED, at 120* and below, under VACUUM, had a super ass floral taste and smell, people preferred to smoke that, as opposed to the ones done between 120* and 200*. Those done above 120* the general consensus was that it was inferior, didn't taste as good, and people asked if it came off of the street corner.....Generally speaking, lower cooking temperatures are better. THC is COMPLETELY DEGRADED at temperatures in excess of 392 degrees F, but it starts to BREAK DOWN way before that, avtually long before that, at about 185* The terpenes degrade at different temps, LOWER than that of your THC. So vacing at 200* may be perfectly fine to preserve THC, it is NOT fine to preserve your terpenes profile, causing in the loss of much good aroma, taste, and overall potency. Boiling water never gets above 212 degrees F, a good rule of thumb is, if water is BOILING during vac purge, your temp is WAAAAY too high. The water should not boil, ever. After all, what is the point of rushing your extracts by boiling them, and ruining the quality? The point in making our own, is for a SURPERIOR product than one could buy on the street, not an INFERIOR one, easily found on ghetto street corner. Just saying. Buy a vacume oven. If you cant afgord the $800-$1000 for a decent one, make one for yourself, it is child's play an infant can do. My first one was made out of a large ass glass mason jar, a small vacuum pump, a piece of plexiglass, a vacuum gauge, 2 ball valves, an industrial vacuum seal, and some hosing, and was able to pull over 30mmHg!!! Which is 30 millimeters of mercury, and well enough to make most extracts. I now have one that pulls over 150mmHg ;) make one of these, actually do the extraction process, and rendering processes correctly, COLD BOIL off your solvents, and experiment like I have done. You will be glad you did, as your extracts will be way better.
Mistake on my part, temps I said were bogus:speechless: something I read from Jorge Cervantes and I took his word as truth (made that mistake way too many times) And yes I agree with mostly everything you had to say, of course I have a vac purge, anything else (besides a vac oven) is inferior. I believe in lower temps as well to preserve terps as well as making a stable product.

Mr Bee

Mr Bee

Yes agreed.high temps burn off the terps and really high temps adds a nasty taste to the gooey black mess that's left after such high temps.

CallMeErrl

CallMeErrl

I think, for bho, puretane is the best butane in a can. anything that says near zero impurities on it or something similar.

Graywolf

Graywolf

It seems that Vector is recommended by plenty of folks, but when I do the mirror/glass test, there is still a visible coating after dried. Is there a governing body that makes sure the claims made by these butane companies are all true? Triple,quadruple refined? How do we know this? Seems fishy to me...

No and all the X's are Madison Avenue. Lighter fuel has to be clean enough to not foul the super fine nozzles on butane lighters with oleaginous waxes.

Here are the test results comparing the different brands to the same standard:

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showpost.php?p=6099306&postcount=28

O

outback28

God I love having a closed loop and being able to distill gas and get rid of all that nasty ass mystery oil!

I was told by a few people that the whip-it premium cans in the 420 ml does not need to be distilled because the company claims to be near zero impurities. Haha yea right! I just showed the pictures to them. You should of seen their faces! .....To everyone out there: please distill your butane before you use it. There is no such thing as clean near zero impurities!

MirrorZen

MirrorZen

I was told by a few people that the whip-it premium cans in the 420 ml does not need to be distilled because the company claims to be near zero impurities. Haha yea right! I just showed the pictures to them. You should of seen their faces! .....To everyone out there: please distill your butane before you use it. There is no such thing as clean near zero impurities!
How many cans did you distill in order to get that much mystery oil?

O

outback28

I like this stuff and i smoke alittle of it.

Colibri Premium Butane 99.999% Pure
Please do not believe the hype. If you are running a closed loop system, distill the 99.999% butane first. If you are open blasting 1 oz of material at a time with 1 or 2 300ml cans of butane, well i guess you have no other option. Just be safe.

J

Jaimevert

For me instead of butane i use 190 proof grain alcohol. My product turned out more potent and cleaner. I extracted alot more oils with it as well. when i tried butane before i had an after taste and with the ethanol i dont, and its edible unlike the butane. i went to ethanol extraction. hope this helps.
What is your extraction technique with the grain alcohol? Try to get away from the tane

S

Stonejh77

Hey all which companys have to most propane in the cans. The 420ml cans only ones I can get with enough ass to blast at -40-55- ... Any help, u currently use whip it premium uk brand 420ml cans and the special blue ultra pure UK brand 420ml that's the exact same thing I think

I would really like a70/30 propane/Tane... Pressure gonna be the issue and no CLS to distille so I can't get big tank, thanks all

RippedTorn

RippedTorn

The last Vector I bought claims 14x refined. They had this in 447ml. Me thinks the Chinese rip artists know what people are buying. What's the standard nowadays 200x? Lol.

Top Bottom