best butane to use?

• Thread starter Krypto1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

Raoulduke420

Last 12 cans or so have been fasfil which is 5per can and seems to be vector with a new logo and runs just as good.
31HJlSe7LxL.jpg

bloads

bloads

Power x5 is my new favorite. Can get for 2.5-3 bucks per bottle, tax free (if you pay in cash), from multiple stores within walking distance of my house. I get the exact same results as with vector, so I see no need to pay double. Just finished 27g of wax w/all power.

R

rbrown13

Power x5 is my new favorite. Can get for 2.5-3 bucks per bottle, tax free (if you pay in cash), from multiple stores within walking distance of my house. I get the exact same results as with vector, so I see no need to pay double. Just finished 27g of wax w/all power.

I have to agree I have been picking up Power 5x for $26 a case and it is every bit as good as vector or anything else...

B

BipolarHiRoller

So powers got 7x now, it's about $42 a case as a posed the $20 something they told me for 5x. Going to give 5x a run I guess. Anyone compare vector to power accurately??

Graywolf

Graywolf

yes lucienne x4

For ya'll that continue to miss this, it is pristine quality and costs under $25 USD locally, per case of 300ml cans.

Volunteer test panels have been unable to discriminate between it and more ostenisbly refined butane. I say ostensibly, because it measures under 15 ppm, which is all the higher "Near Zero Impurities", brands actually certify to.

Made in the UK, so shouldn't be too hard to find. May I suggest that you try it, as oppose to casually dismissing it?

R

rbrown13

So powers got 7x now, it's about $42 a case as a posed the $20 something they told me for 5x. Going to give 5x a run I guess. Anyone compare vector to power accurately??

I have done side by side runs of the same strain using vector vs. power 5X the taste, color, texture everything was the same I have also done three different side by side mirror tests (different cans each time) and all three times you could not tell the difference between the two brands of butane on the mirror, I believe what I hear some folks say that just about anything 5X is good I think some day we are gonna be embarrassed to find that almost all if not all of the 5X butane comes from the same place.

As far as economics are concerned I will always use the Power 5X as long as it's half the price of vector and the quality stays the same.

B

BipolarHiRoller

I have done side by side runs of the same strain using vector vs. power 5X the taste, color, texture everything was the same I have also done three different side by side mirror tests (different cans each time) and all three times you could not tell the difference between the two brands of butane on the mirror, I believe what I hear some folks say that just about anything 5X is good I think some day we are gonna be embarrassed to find that almost all if not all of the 5X butane comes from the same place.

As far as economics are concerned I will always use the Power 5X as long as it's half the price of vector and the quality stays the same.

Yeah I felt silly just having done my first few runs with vector. So much more expensive then power and I didn't notice a single difference when I switched.

R

rbrown13

Yeah I felt silly just having done my first few runs with vector. So much more expensive then power and I didn't notice a single difference when I switched.

I think there are a lot of people that follow the pack and are swayed by cool packaging and colourful graphics and are so loyal to these things that they are blinded to new things and ideas the only reason vector is so expensive is cuz enough people pay whatever price vector and there dealers charge if a good portion of vectors customer started buying power I bet you would see a vector price reduction soon after...

L

lightit

i only used vector for about a year but have recently been using dodo 5x refined as it is about half the price. both are made in korea (i have been told at the same factory) and i did a side by side mirror test and the results were indistinguishable.

Graywolf

Graywolf

Lucienne 4X from Korea and GB, are the best quality value that we have found locally. $22 for 12 X 300 ml cans.

DesiretheFire

DesiretheFire

So I had to choose from Vector or Power 7x. Both were the same single can price. So i chose 7x. Seems to be good to me, cant really tell the difference but whatever:)

Power7x 1
SCFSYNDICATE760

SCFSYNDICATE760

power 5 and 7 are without a doubt the same, and allegedly not just as good but better than vector technically..(according to what ive seen/heard...msds,manufacturer etc.....i know many people will just scoff and be all "he doesnt know shit or blah blah blahwhateverthefuck...
but its true, they are the same and they are supposedly better than vector, so its odd people say they cant tell a difference w mirror test...i think with a smell test if you could do one would maybe work, as propane is pne of the things that smells nasty, and power supposedly has less than vector with more n-butane and no other bs additives..

Graywolf

Graywolf

power 5 and 7 are without a doubt the same, and allegedly not just as good but better than vector technically..(according to what ive seen/heard...msds,manufacturer etc.....i know many people will just scoff and be all "he doesnt know shit or blah blah blahwhateverthefuck...
but its true, they are the same and they are supposedly better than vector, so its odd people say they cant tell a difference w mirror test...i think with a smell test if you could do one would maybe work, as propane is pne of the things that smells nasty, and power supposedly has less than vector with more n-butane and no other bs additives..

Actually propane has less smell than butane, which is why they add ethyl mercaps to it for most applications, as they do for butane and isobutane.

If they are present, you will most definitely smell and taste them as rotten eggs, as low as 2.8 parts per billionth. They typically are not added to lighter fuel, because of the objectional smell and taste that they impart, and because they are in such low volumes, that they don't present substantial danger of explosion if they leak.

SCFSYNDICATE760

SCFSYNDICATE760

ahhh...nice..
certainly good to know..
so the propane thats in the refills isnt mercapped...
and propane as itself is less odoriferous than butane? as long as theres no mercs in it..
no you know ur shit, would not a can of butane with 1% propane vs 11% propane make better cons automatically just because theres more butane?
theres also 6% more n-butane, so it would seem between that and the less propane, the concentrate it would produce would have to be superior to vectors...
starting materials aside..

thnx for all your insight gdub...

**just reread your post gdub, so you are actually saying IT IS possibly mercapped in the butane refills...so then it WOULD be better to have butane w less propane in it?

Hashmasta-Kut

Hashmasta-Kut

Supporter
why do you think butane makes better oil than propane?i think having closer to 10% propane would be beneficial actually.

Top Bottom