Best cash crop

• Thread starter Cort
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
WalterWhiteFire

WalterWhiteFire

Can you access atleast 3 sides of your 4x4? If so, soil bed SCROG is where it's at for yeild. Rabbit fence for a lower trellis, nylon net for upper trellising. SCROG let's you run as many plants as is comfortable. Its just the veg time/space you have that limits it.

Cort

Cort

I get 1.5 sides. Front door opens, Side unzips but cant be opened all the way (intake and exhaust) backside unzips but is against the wall.Stupid AC vent is 3 foot off the wall, so my tent can only go in special way. cant just throw it in the corner.

Tried using screens before, its hard in my set up. I need access to the back

KennyPowers

KennyPowers

fwiw i just ran 15 girls in a 3x3 under a 1000. not properly selected strains for SOG at all. had yields range from 23 to 40 grams. could have fit another row of plants in too if i would have staggered it nicely. that was 2w veg after having nicely rooted clones and then flipped.

im not making a regular thing of this though, just was short a couple lights last time. too much of my plant count would go into that, but it could work on a smaller scale.

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

I do SOG beds of Soil and just pulled 1.17 grams per watt on Sour Diesel. I feel like this method makes it super easy to get massive yields and more of them. I harvest 5 times a year, per room. With a setup like yours I'd follow nMeeks, he runs 2 4x4 trays with coco pots and pops quality beans to make some flawless yields and quality.

Cort

Cort

Gr33n, thanks for the heads up on whos threads to check out. Soon as a finish this turn around its time to hit the books.

If anyone in SoCal knows a shop with quality bean or clones known to be legit could mention where. It will save me from signing dozens of new patient forms. Many dont seem to list that on W'maps

midwestdensies

midwestdensies

If mono cropping may I suggest building a bed and after flush run cannazyme 2 x recommended, replant, top off, bamski. This method works well with sog which is one of my preferred methods. Only con I see with sog is more plants and well could get one into trouble depending on size of grow but yours is well within state parameters.
MW

midwestdensies

midwestdensies

Gr33n, thanks for the heads up on whos threads to check out. Soon as a finish this turn around its time to hit the books.

If anyone in SoCal knows a shop with quality bean or clones known to be legit could mention where. It will save me from signing dozens of new patient forms. Many dont seem to list that on W'maps
Just gotta go for yourself but heard valley green north of LA is quite possibly a dec source.

M

mistergreen206

Strawberrie alien lemon alien white fire grand hustle permafrost I have ran all of theses with good numbers if it's a straight cash crop for real blue dream is a monster I just don't know your market ..... But the top few will sell anywhere .... Good luck I hope your grow gets you what you need...

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
So, ill look into the strains suggested here and see what I can find local. I know a few shops down here have beans, even seen some Raskal gear. If I dont hit on something, Ill check Riverside/IE clubs and eventually LA.
Gonna spend a bit of time checking into SOG pros/cons and think about how it would work for me and look at costs to switch. Im not keen on running big numbers.

Just ballpark, what are we looking at to fill a 4x4? 36 ? 24? 24. like 0.67sf a girl 1 gal pots?

do 9 in 2 gallon smarties.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
I have some right now in 2 gallon smart pots. I water them/feed them every day. They should probably be in 3 gallon though.. but they look great.. If you veg a plant to 12-14" in a 2 gal smart pot, 9 plants can fill a 4 by 4 space no problem. put a screen 6" above the canopy and bend the leading tops over to let the lowers catch up and fill the whole screen for the first 2 weeks, then the last week let them stretch up. week 3 chop out all the larf. Less crowding, more light to all the critical budsites.

There's a million ways to skin a cat though.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
thanks Cap :)

anytime! 9 plants is good because it's a square. 3 x 3. 16 I feel is too many. 4 could work but with a longer veg. I like the 12-14" flip for almost every strain I run. Some get closer to the lights, some don't. I keep my lights fixed. I never raise or lower them in this setup. I imagine a more efficient setup would probably be a 6 x 6 with 16 plants and a dual 600 refector. Growzilla. 1 MH and 1 HPS bulb in one reflector. The foot print is a littel big, but who cares since a few extra tops is better than none.

BCrocker

BCrocker

anyone tried Critical Mass? Obviously heard it yields great.. but who knows

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
I find SOG works best when you think about it in terms of plants per sf, especially when you're using 1 gallon pots. A plant like gsc that grows straight up with no side branching you can squeeze 4/sf, something a little more yieldy like snowcap or blue dream would be 2/sf. Grow to 8"-10" strip everything but the top 3-4 nodes, and flip. That's about 2 weeks of veg time. A 3x3 with a 600 can fit 18-36 plants, yielding a half to whole oscar/plant when dialed. A bed would be even better, but I like to pick up and handle my plants and look at them and breathe on them.

outwest

M

mistergreen206

anyone tried Critical Mass? Obviously heard it yields great.. but who knows
Mass is one of the old school strains that a lot of BC grower ran along with big bud I think it's better then big bud but that's just me it's a cash crop of past years it dose not stand up to blue dream but blue dream is on it's way out to pasture . White super skunk from og raskal will kill a sog grow...

Top Bottom