Best enzyme test

• Thread starter Joe Fresh
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

I want to know if enzymatic action on commercial nutrients creates a sugar or a type of fermentation.

Thegreywizard

Thegreywizard

So what is the conclusion on what the best enzyme product is?

I like how Hygrozyme has 4 or 5 different enzyme strains in it

I was also highly considering buying kelp4less' enzyme powder. But I think this is just a single enzyme strain? It's not multi-strain like Hygrozyme is?

What about the Bio-Cozyme that was suggested?

I'm doing DWC & I know Hygrozyme states that it is safe to use with bennies.

Is kelp4less' powder or Bio-Cozyme also safe to use with bennies?

Thegreywizard

Thegreywizard

So after reviewing the ingredients in Bio-Coyzme, it seems it is not a live/active enzyme culture.

It also contains Natural Occurring Cytokinins, Hormones, Enzymes, Vitamins, Amino Acids And Micronutrients

Since I'm already adding my own amino acids and B vitamins as well as micronutrients, I think I'm removing that one from my choices.

I think it sounds like a great product, just not what I need or looking for.

Can anyone comment on kelp4kless' enzyme powder vs Hygrozyme 4 enzyme strain blend?

Kelp4less says this about their enzyme powder: Water Soluble Enzymes derived from the Pepsin family of Enzymes

Thoughts?

ninjadip

ninjadip

So what is the conclusion on what the best enzyme product is?

I like how Hygrozyme has 4 or 5 different enzyme strains in it

I was also highly considering buying kelp4less' enzyme powder. But I think this is just a single enzyme strain? It's not multi-strain like Hygrozyme is?

What about the Bio-Cozyme that was suggested?

I'm doing DWC & I know Hygrozyme states that it is safe to use with bennies.

Is kelp4less' powder or Bio-Cozyme also safe to use with bennies?
If anyone is reading this far, this late, you are curious about enzymes like myself.

I will share what i have found out so far:
Hygrozyme has a few different enzymes
Canazyme "consists of more than 12 different kinds of enzymes"
Sensizyme "Sensizym contains more than 80 enzymes that help to break down organic matter in the substrate to provide food for marijuana plants"
Prozyme "ProZyme is a concentrate, made up of over 80 different beneficial enzymes. "

there a few others that are mentioned in this thread, but i believe the above are the "best" or at least the most popular by descending order. I have seen a demonstration of Hygrozyme and Canazyme breaking down dead root material, which is really all that matters in this application. While at first I thought I needed the one with the most enzymes, after reading the below, i'm left just as unsure of which one to get. Basically, that enzymes are like sets, and one enzyme will work on one thing, so if the right ones are in there you don't need the other ones

but this is true, even if by one of the companies above, it makes a lot of sense.
The reality is, thousands of different enzymes exist . . . And they’re all pros at very different tasks.
In fact, they follow a “lock and key” mechanism…
Binding exclusively with the molecules that fit into their active site.
And if you rely on the wrong ones, they’ll bulldoze your root zone . . .
Destroying all organic matter they come into contact with.
In other words, using the wrong enzymes is like using a power drill to make a tiny hole in an expensive painting.
They’ll damage your crops, plain and simple.

Top Bottom