Best experiences with strains for ADD/ADHD?

• Thread starter DJLateBoy84
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
diamond2.0

diamond2.0

Only thing thta works for me is low amounts of mushrooms , like take a stem and you dont know im high but can read and retain and work out problems like i had a brain . LSD works too ! I cant do shit right now though. Speed breaks the brain bariar and can fuck you up good ! FUCK SSRI"S . Im making mine better without either speed nor schrooms now. Im chelating the heavy metals that cause it with spirulina and other great stuff. so fun , i can read outloud for the first time in my life without fucking up . im 54. lol. fuck chasing symptoms ! I used to love mixing LSD with PCP . smart on the slow side. lol.

Krypto

Krypto

Long time smoker who's had ADD and ADHD symptoms for even longer. Sometimes it's a god send and sometimes it's a liability depending on what I'm doing.

I'm looking for something that can slow the thoughts down and give me some peace in my head in order to do somewhat detailed tasks and learning (full-time finance student at 30)not looking to get blasted so much (that's for the gym and nighttime for sleep) just want something to improve mood focus and concentration enough so that I can act professionally.

I've read that pure CBD oil works great and similar to adderall can anyone relate?

I've tried cannatonic flower to no effect for this specific purpose (cbd :thc 3:1 ratio) also tried blue jay and harlequin(the best out of all for study/work time).
Does Harlequin work for you? By the way love the Bill Hicks Avatar

G

Glob Barker

I use cannabis for my ADHD. I prefer Sativa dominant strains as they have an "uppy" effect. They put me into "okay, wtf do I need to do today?" mode. However, I use this in conjunction with daily practices to keep me from procrastinating and getting derailed. I keep lists and stick to them. At the end of my day I review and plan tomorrow. The herb alone won't do it. You have to train your mindset. That said, I've been growing Super Sour Og and IMO it has the perfect balance of "dial you in" and "chill you out". Everybody is different so try different things and analyze the effects and changes in your productivity. I should also point out that you use this cannabis with a large portion of natural caffeine through green tea and yerba mate. I stress a natural stimulant is the way to go. I've tried the pharma (concerta,ridilin,adderal) route and that garbage is just prescription amphetemine all the way down to physical withdrawl symptoms such as aching joints when I stopped my regimen.
Hope this helps! Best of luck!

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
However, I use this in conjunction with daily practices to keep me from procrastinating and getting derailed. I keep lists and stick to them. At the end of my day I review and plan tomorrow. The herb alone won't do it. You have to train your mindset.
This. Very difficult, but 100%, this.

Oh! I use Google Keep on the regular, rely on it a lot now. :)

Krypto

Krypto

I use cannabis for my ADHD. I prefer Sativa dominant strains as they have an "uppy" effect. They put me into "okay, wtf do I need to do today?" mode. However, I use this in conjunction with daily practices to keep me from procrastinating and getting derailed. I keep lists and stick to them. At the end of my day I review and plan tomorrow. The herb alone won't do it. You have to train your mindset. That said, I've been growing Super Sour Og and IMO it has the perfect balance of "dial you in" and "chill you out". Everybody is different so try different things and analyze the effects and changes in your productivity. I should also point out that you use this cannabis with a large portion of natural caffeine through green tea and yerba mate. I stress a natural stimulant is the way to go. I've tried the pharma (concerta,ridilin,adderal) route and that garbage is just prescription amphetemine all the way down to physical withdrawl symptoms such as aching joints when I stopped my regimen.
Hope this helps! Best of luck!
Super Sour OG? where ya get that?

mandalaman

mandalaman

Durban Poison number 1
Cindy99
Blue Dream

Those are all excellent for alert awake focused buzzing energy. In my experience. :)

Long time smoker who's had ADD and ADHD symptoms for even longer. Sometimes it's a god send and sometimes it's a liability depending on what I'm doing.

I'm looking for something that can slow the thoughts down and give me some peace in my head in order to do somewhat detailed tasks and learning (full-time finance student at 30)not looking to get blasted so much (that's for the gym and nighttime for sleep) just want something to improve mood focus and concentration enough so that I can act professionally.

I've read that pure CBD oil works great and similar to adderall can anyone relate?

I've tried cannatonic flower to no effect for this specific purpose (cbd :thc 3:1 ratio) also tried blue jay and harlequin(the best out of all for study/work time).
White fire. Hybrid sativa dominate 60/40 works for me

Krypto

Krypto

Durban Poison number 1
Cindy99
Blue Dream

Those are all excellent for alert awake focused buzzing energy. In my experience. :)
I've heard a lot of good about the Durban, and the Cindy, and of course yeah the blue dream, I'm guessing blue dream and probably be the easiest one to get beans fir. Never try some cool stuff like Vortex or Timewreck.

Krypto

Krypto

I'm aunt I would like to try subcool Vortex or timerack.. but anyway I'm using talk to text in case anyone thought I was having a stroke instead... I'm not.

Green399

Green399

I have had ADHD since I was young, I was clinically diagnosed and given medication for years. I can honestly suggest for anyone that has ADHD the best way to help is by starting off with a low THC strain , doesn't matter what kind. I hadn't smoked in years so when I started I smoked canna-Tsu and Rose of Hope. After getting used to the effects I switched to blue dream. I would smoke it about 3 hours before bed and it completely changed my mood for the better. I slept amazing and the next day I found myself doing extra things at home and work because my mood had dramatically changed for the better i had more focus and drive at completing tasks and following them through. I would highly recommend Blue Dream as a late afternoon smoke. Also, for the get your day started strain I smoke XJ-13. This is a wonder strain ,,feelings of happy energetic uplifting focus and drive is exactly what helps me through the day. I'm just getting back into smoking so when I do I take a small hit then wait 10 minutes too see effects ....I would suggest for the new smoker to take 1 hit then wait and see how it effects you because everyone has different tolerances . Blue dream and XJ-13 are perfect for my ADHD. I highly recommend these 2 strains and hope that if people are looking to help themselves they please try these strains if they havnt already

Krypto

Krypto

White fire. Hybrid sativa dominate 60/40 works for me
We have a WiFi x Lemon Alien Dawg. I'll know in another 7 weeks or so. Hoping it will work for me as well. Thanks for the info

Krypto

Krypto

I have had ADHD since I was young, I was clinically diagnosed and given medication for years. I can honestly suggest for anyone that has ADHD the best way to help is by starting off with a low THC strain , doesn't matter what kind. I hadn't smoked in years so when I started I smoked canna-Tsu and Rose of Hope. After getting used to the effects I switched to blue dream. I would smoke it about 3 hours before bed and it completely changed my mood for the better. I slept amazing and the next day I found myself doing extra things at home and work because my mood had dramatically changed for the better i had more focus and drive at completing tasks and following them through. I would highly recommend Blue Dream as a late afternoon smoke. Also, for the get your day started strain I smoke XJ-13. This is a wonder strain ,,feelings of happy energetic uplifting focus and drive is exactly what helps me through the day. I'm just getting back into smoking so when I do I take a small hit then wait 10 minutes too see effects ....I would suggest for the new smoker to take 1 hit then wait and see how it effects you because everyone has different tolerances . Blue dream and XJ-13 are perfect for my ADHD. I highly recommend these 2 strains and hope that if people are looking to help themselves they please try these strains if they havnt already
Thanks for the feedback bro. XJ13 is that G13 and Jack Here?

Green399

Green399

Thanks for the feedback bro. XJ13 is that G13 and Jack Here?
Yeah its Jack Herer and G13 Haze, they made a great mix and the outcome is XJ-13, sativa dominant strain. Not sure of availability else where but I'm located in california and it's seems to be available perty often here, the Blue Dream iv noticed doesn't really stay available for long, it can be found but usually people buy that up quick. Both are great strains and highly recommended.

DJLateBoy84

DJLateBoy84

This is the best discussion I've seen on the net regarding cannabis strains to treat ADHD. I'm glad to have started the thread (getting back to the thread in a timely fashion is another matter:blackalien:).

I agree that everyone's ADHD is different and will have their one or two go to strains. However, I can't say that the strains listed by all of you are not helpful and I have tried all of them.

One strain I had not seen listed here is G 13 (also some G 13 haze phenotypes) both ADHD killers for me! G-13 packs a powerful euphoric punch for me while killing my heavy anxiety/ inner restlessness. The XJ-13 just doesn't have the hammering energizing natural narcotic effect, I find it to be more spacy and head in the clouds similar to any Haze/Blue dream/. Another strain I have right now called the white is one of the most calming and focusing strains I have yet to try. Definitely try The White a magical mix of brain energy, anxiety killer and nice body effect to boot. Green Crack Indica pheno is also awesome for me (buds are dense cone shaped and look/colored like indica but the size indicates sativa hybrid). Sour Diesel is certain phenos is also magic for me. I find most OGs helpful but may get lost in them . . .

The best night time strain I tried was a Purple Kush that had a warm and cozy feeling from within that no other plant had matched. In fact, most Purple Kush's I've tried after that one didn't come close - I believe it was due to the heavy terpenes of the magical Purple Kush. Getting consistent medicine is a topic I won't get into but will mention I find it to be a deterrence in our quest.

Back to the whole CBD discussion started. I still haven't experienced with it as much as I wanted to but am planning on incorporating some in my new treatment endeavor of essential oil vs the constant vaping and sometimes smoking (which I'm doing now).

My stoner gut tells me ingesting the oil may be more beneficial so I'm looking forward to trying it out and am going to be mixing up Sour Diesel Strawberry Bubba Kush Anakin Skywalker OG SFV OG WiFi OG Green Crack Lemon Kush and some CBD strains that still need to be acquired. I'm in So Cal so if anyone knows an organic CBD grower please, please let me know. Interested in a strain called Critical Cure.

I'm deciding in between using Rick Simpson Oil (60 grams in 90 days) or another method using olive oil extraction which uses less product and allegedly yields similar results to the RSO method. I'm looking to do some healing/detoxing and from my research the oil should do just that if ingested heavily over a 60-90 day period.

Let's keep this thread going if we can and hope to hear from some of the early contributors.

Krypto

Krypto

This is the best discussion I've seen on the net regarding cannabis strains to treat ADHD. I'm glad to have started the thread (getting back to the thread in a timely fashion is another matter:blackalien:).

I agree that everyone's ADHD is different and will have their one or two go to strains. However, I can't say that the strains listed by all of you are not helpful and I have tried all of them.

One strain I had not seen listed here is G 13 (also some G 13 haze phenotypes) both ADHD killers for me! G-13 packs a powerful euphoric punch for me while killing my heavy anxiety/ inner restlessness. The XJ-13 just doesn't have the hammering energizing natural narcotic effect, I find it to be more spacy and head in the clouds similar to any Haze/Blue dream/. Another strain I have right now called the white is one of the most calming and focusing strains I have yet to try. Definitely try The White a magical mix of brain energy, anxiety killer and nice body effect to boot. Green Crack Indica pheno is also awesome for me (buds are dense cone shaped and look/colored like indica but the size indicates sativa hybrid). Sour Diesel is certain phenos is also magic for me. I find most OGs helpful but may get lost in them . . .

The best night time strain I tried was a Purple Kush that had a warm and cozy feeling from within that no other plant had matched. In fact, most Purple Kush's I've tried after that one didn't come close - I believe it was due to the heavy terpenes of the magical Purple Kush. Getting consistent medicine is a topic I won't get into but will mention I find it to be a deterrence in our quest.

Back to the whole CBD discussion started. I still haven't experienced with it as much as I wanted to but am planning on incorporating some in my new treatment endeavor of essential oil vs the constant vaping and sometimes smoking (which I'm doing now).

My stoner gut tells me ingesting the oil may be more beneficial so I'm looking forward to trying it out and am going to be mixing up Sour Diesel Strawberry Bubba Kush Anakin Skywalker OG SFV OG WiFi OG Green Crack Lemon Kush and some CBD strains that still need to be acquired. I'm in So Cal so if anyone knows an organic CBD grower please, please let me know. Interested in a strain called Critical Cure.

I'm deciding in between using Rick Simpson Oil (60 grams in 90 days) or another method using olive oil extraction which uses less product and allegedly yields similar results to the RSO method. I'm looking to do some healing/detoxing and from my research the oil should do just that if ingested heavily over a 60-90 day period.

Let's keep this thread going if we can and hope to hear from some of the early contributors.
Hey late boy! Love your avatar by the way! Hands down my all-time hero! I would like to thank you especially for starting this thread and your last post period your review on the xj13 was useful. It's a strain I've been considering for years but have never suck outs the Clone or seeds or any crosses of xj13.
I am a couple of weeks away from popping another couple Harle-Tsu beans:-)
I am especially excited to get a female with a at least 2 to 1 ratio CBD to THC! From everything I've read from the people who created The Strain and other websites the probability of getting a 5 to 1 ratio is very likely! This I cannot wait to experience. I cannot say where I acquired these but I can promise you that they are the genuine Real Deal bona fide strain from from its creator Lawrence Ringo. Rest in peace
I am hopeful that it will be good for my anxiety period and allow me to stop taking my other medication. I plan to do a detailed grow report and review after it's finished and I hope that it might help someone.

S

Starur

Been diagnosed with ADHD for years primarily hyperactive.. I find hybrids are better suited due to sativa sometimes keeping me awake.. I tend to use purple urkle and granddaddy purple.. Blues also helps in particular with sleeping. Sativa is for focus and a daytime smoke

diamond2.0

diamond2.0

speed kills ,lol. Id steal my brother retilans when i was in 5th grade but didnt connect me brain up. Just makes me bizzy. lol. I never found any cannabis to help me . I find micro dosing mushrooms works wonders like lsd for me . Its like having a new brain and you take so little , so little when you give friends some and they start having epiphanies they forget they even took anything. Works great for me. Now i got brain fog on top but taking mass spirolina i can read outloud without stuttering for the first time in my life at mid 50's .lol. I can retain more now when reading too though but directions kick my ass.lol .. I'm fucking challenged when i try to do anything really. Only time i get yelling mad really is because i cant understand directions or i forever forget what im doing. I remember washing my hair again though , woot. Multipull systems atrophy caused by acute toxic phenol poisening from speed gives me alzhiermer\parky like shit on top of all shit. lol. But its cool . I just procrastinate or pay someone else to do my shit . More and more everyday get a little better though. I'm rather proud of my 78 i.q. and how i did my drs and lawyers jobs for them. No highschool either. haha , or first 3 years in school. i may be challenged but i challeng drs and all now ! lol.

Well i hope you find somehting. One thing a strong sativa high when ingesting of trainwrecka accually made me push myself to read faster and articulate words better because my speach was hella fucked up at one time when i was wasting about to die.. lol. eyes didnt even point straight then .lol.

good luck on your journey to peace ,of mind.....
sorry for being os long winded. Theres a reason i dont hardly respond to shit. lol.

Top Bottom