Best products to eliminate Russet Mites??

• Thread starter PizzaBob
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
PizzaBob

PizzaBob

Did the Pylon keep them off throughout flower? I've read that it stays on for 21 days. I would have DM'd and ask you but it says theres a limit
Yes they are wiped out. It also included a deep clean and a delay in the process of veg to flower. Everything at once two times exactly 1 week apart. The active ingredient is translaminar not systematic. But if you can time it such that nothing you harvest will have been sprayed/dunked.

Stev3

Stev3

Yes they are wiped out. It also included a deep clean and a delay in the process of veg to flower. Everything at once two times exactly 1 week apart. The active ingredient is translaminar not systematic. But if you can time it such that nothing you harvest will have been sprayed/dunked.
Awesome, what do you use in Flower just in case? What's in your IPM rotation?

I've also noticed that Phantom has the same ingredient as Pylon at fraction of the cost....not sure if you can use that though.

Last edited:
Mrb53

Mrb53

I have tried @Frankster Dr. Frankenstein’s “It’s Alive” category - bio-animation spray. Bio-stimulant/Fungicide/Insecticide/Surfactant
I know this an add but I got it from him and this stuff rocked it...way beyond my expectations and even made my bud taste better...all Organic and non-GMO...I liked it!..Not everything has to come from a store...
Advanced Colloidal Micelles Nano-technology Insecticide and Fungicide uses USP grade oil, plant extracts, and organic acid mixed into colloidal micelles (supramolecular surfactants). These micelles attract large particles using encapsulation. This encapsulation covers, maintains plant surface efficacy long-term, while increasing general plant health and BRIX score.

Insect Control - Kills sap-sucking insects on several different levels: dissolves the exoskeleton, blocks digest enzyme production, and eliminates ability to digest the plant. These enzymes do not harm beneficial insects, so it can be used alongside beneficial treatments.

Pathogen removal - Removes mold and mildew by cleaning the plant and scrubbing it. Creating a slick surface that it cannot adhere. It will also destroy pathogens creating a clean plant surface. All this while scrubbing but not affecting THC.

Bio Stimulant- healthier, thriving plants increasing systematic nutrient uptake. The micelles attach to fatty acids needed to process soluble and insoluble nutrients directly to the phloem and xylem of the plant, where it can increase overall plant health. contribute to foliar growth and enhance ripening.

Uses: For use to controlling insect, mold on cannabis or food grade crops grown outdoors, or inside.

Controls the following Pathogens and Insects: Broad Mites, Russet Mites, Spider Mites, Aphids, Thrips, White Flies, Botrytis, Leafhoppers, Powered Mildew, Fusarium, Wilt, Downy Mildew, and other molds / mildews.

PizzaBob

PizzaBob

Awesome, what do you use in Flower just in case? What's in your IPM rotation?

I've also noticed that Phantom has the same ingredient as Pylon at fraction of the cost....not sure if you can use that though.
I have nothing for flower that will work. I have grandevo and venerate on the shelf but haven’t used yet and my buddy said it didn’t work on them. But I would attempt those in rotation in flower if needed. You can only use Pylon about 2 times on the same breed of mites. So basically if they are wiped out and a year later you get again you can use again. Otherwise I would use Forbid. My buddy has that if needed.
As far as IPM rotation i don’t use anything unless needed. I keep yellow cards to help warn of issues. My biggest recurring problem are Scairoidea aka fungus gnats. Not always a pest but can spread mites around the room quickly. So you must also kill these if you want to eliminate the other mites or many other pests. You kinda need to drench everything with a pro imidacloprid product like Benefit. But that means not flowering those and starting w fresh cuts. Hence the delay in my process.
Of course the gnats are back and I will use predatory nematodes on them. It only knocks em back temporarily so repeat apps required.

Mrb53

Mrb53

What about spinosad ? Anyone try it for these pests?
Years ago I used it but this day and age, with alll the advancements in agronmy I see no reason to use any products that are not organic, cannot be used during flower or have possible negative side effects. It worked OK as did many other products. Neem was an all time favorite but for as much as they say ORGANIC, the process to expel oil uses nasty chemicals and neem is now on the BAD list for many states. Tried them ALL...even sulfur bombs
Frankster is also investigating a hormonal response to mites that seems to make the plant increase potency...something to do with the sugars from the mite infestation and their digestive systems..

Tracyfri

Tracyfri

Years ago I used it but this day and age, with alll the advancements in agronmy I see no reason to use any products that are not organic, cannot be used during flower or have possible negative side effects. It worked OK as did many other products. Neem was an all time favorite but for as much as they say ORGANIC, the process to expel oil uses nasty chemicals and neem is now on the BAD list for many states. Tried them ALL...even sulfur bombs
Frankster is also investigating a hormonal response to mites that seems to make the plant increase potency...something to do with the sugars from the mite infestation and their digestive systems..
Normally I mix spinosad and Neem but with the small buds I figure I'll hold off on the Neem although I have used it well into flower and it imparted zero off flavors or smells to the buds as some say it will. My sources say spinosad organic (of course) breaks down quickly and can be used well into flower. It's my go-to for thrips and mites in flower .
Those russet mites!!!! I can see ONLY w a microscope. Currently they are getting into all the popcorn buds in my room. Hundreds on a bud the size of a pea!! I've got them outdoor too. This is my first encounter w these buggers. They seem formidable. I'm going to do a heavier than usual thinning out. I'm about week 4 flower now. I thought they were baby thrips at first! SHEEEEET MAN!! Then spinosad every 3 days. Then nuke em till I can't find any or it's the end of flower. I'll be keeping close tabs on these demons. Nasty nasty shit!!!

PizzaBob

PizzaBob

Normally I mix spinosad and Neem but with the small buds I figure I'll hold off on the Neem although I have used it well into flower and it imparted zero off flavors or smells to the buds as some say it will. My sources say spinosad organic (of course) breaks down quickly and can be used well into flower. It's my go-to for thrips and mites in flower .
Those russet mites!!!! I can see ONLY w a microscope. Currently they are getting into all the popcorn buds in my room. Hundreds on a bud the size of a pea!! I've got them outdoor too. This is my first encounter w these buggers. They seem formidable. I'm going to do a heavier than usual thinning out. I'm about week 4 flower now. I thought they were baby thrips at first! SHEEEEET MAN!! Then spinosad every 3 days. Then nuke em till I can't find any or it's the end of flower. I'll be keeping close tabs on these demons. Nasty nasty shit!!!
Have you read the label on spinosad? It’s for insects not mites. Also banned for cannabis in legal states so.,,,
Try rotating grandevo and venerate and if you can find it get pfr-97. Others say micronized sulfur for spraying plants works. Just as long as you haven’t used any oils in past 3 weeks.

Stev3

Stev3

Have you read the label on spinosad? It’s for insects not mites. Also banned for cannabis in legal states so.,,,
Try rotating grandevo and venerate and if you can find it get pfr-97. Others say micronized sulfur for spraying plants works. Just as long as you haven’t used any oils in past 3 weeks.

you can only spray pylon twice in a cycle?

Spinosad is more for Thrips
Grandevo/Venerate not sure about.
PRF-97 you need high humidity for it to be effective.
I hear a lot of people have success with Sulfur Spray and Evaporator.

Anybody know how long they live without a host plant? I've heard all type of things like 2 weeks but then I heard people getting it even after 6 months of not growing 😳

Tracyfri

Tracyfri

That's all news to me. Years ago this is what was recommended as a heavy hitter for spider mites. I don't understand why states would ban this bacteria for use on cannabis ???? I wouldn't know what possible harm it could cause. I will look into this ty.

PizzaBob

PizzaBob

The lable on my bottle includes mites and thrips.
Yes you are correct. I have Conserve and it mentions spruce and two spotted. But not russet, rust, broad or cyclamen mites. Perhaps it’s there small size. I do know I tried and it didn’t work.

Tracyfri

Tracyfri

Yes you are correct. I have Conserve and it mentions spruce and two spotted. But not russet, rust, broad or cyclamen mites. Perhaps it’s there small size. I do know I tried and it didn’t work.
Long post, sry if I am wandering off on your thread.
You tried it and did you have any results at all? Did you use an atomizer? Thad b a major bummer. The wettable sulfer powder (micronized sulfer) sounds promising. I will try that on some and spinosad on some via atomizer. I've got ALOT of 800-1250 mesh sulfer ($3/lb) which is 10-15 microns, for making fireworks 🙄. The wettable powder is in the 9-5 micron range so I think I am good.
Planning first application tonight after I finish pruning and thinning. I'll keep the farm posted on how each one does.
So there haven't been studies on smoking spinosad residue. That's why it's on the "list" in some states. No one knows. Considering we ingest it in small amounts through the products we consume and it is not toxic to honey bees and has low toxicity to many beneficial insects, I am confident that it will not remain on the "list" indefinitely. If it is misused however innocent victims like butterflies etc. get the shaft. Good growers pay attention to that shit👍
I've read some saying that it leaves a smell and bad taste to buds. The next sentence says it is effective against aphids (ever tried that one?) Lol!!
I have, several times in the past with ZERO results except the infestation growing unchecked. I'm taking that one w a grain of salt.
I would love to hear of someone that has had success controlling aphids with it though cause aphids SUCK!

JdMcnugget

JdMcnugget

you can sit here and argue or you can save your plants. up to you . call arbico in the morning

Tracyfri

Tracyfri

you can sit here and argue or you can save your plants. up to you . call arbico in the morning
No one is arguing here. We are passing information to and fro my bro.
Your suggestion in my mind is the best scenario. After this set and an extremely ridiculous cleaning etc I plan on adding bennies to my ipm. Now that Ive had a taste of russet mites my instinct is fight fire w fire👍
Beginning week 4 flower now. I want to beat back as many as quickly as I can. Beneficials yes highly effective would work optimally for me w a little planning is all (which yes I am doing now lol)! Great input though.

JdMcnugget

JdMcnugget

💪💪 never stop never stoppin kill those evil s.o.b's and whoever brought them into.your garden

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
No you need to cure faster than they can breed.

Latest posts

Top Bottom