Best products to eliminate Russet Mites??

• Thread starter PizzaBob
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Tracyfri

Tracyfri

The russet mite damage on my plants seems to be focused on new growth. New fan leaves w matching curling upward and mostly right smack inside the growing tips. In flower same thing but they haven't attacked the colas yet just some of the lower buds making them look burnt. these lower flowers were completely covered. I'm about to put them under the microscope and see how many are dead

Tracyfri

Tracyfri

That's a really s***** picture. Does anyone with experience with these know how to tell when they are dead other than they're not moving? Do they start to change color just curious

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
6CB0557D 88C7 45D0 A7B3 773F7133DB68
Might want to give this a whirl. Can’t testify to it effectiveness. Probably works on mites as well. I got them under control with pure crop in veg and have continued to control them with that. I don’t look at the mites so it may be different than the ones you have. I go by the leaves appearance. If they look better I am winning. If they look the same or worse I am getting my ass kicked. Don’t know about flowers. Better start thinking outside the box. Good luck

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
I also have some of franksters Stuff coming. For a late game ace in the hole. Or earlier if things go south!

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
Go back to page 3 of this thread. There is a description of it. He sells it but it seems reasonable when everything is factored in. I figure sometimes you have to go a different direction. I have heard nothing but good thing about him on this site. I’m not sure what the rules are about posting emails and websites on this site so if you’re interested, message me or let me know to message you, and you can look into it.

PizzaBob

PizzaBob

The russet mite damage on my plants seems to be focused on new growth. New fan leaves w matching curling upward and mostly right smack inside the growing tips. In flower same thing but they haven't attacked the colas yet just some of the lower buds making them look burnt. these lower flowers were completely covered. I'm about to put them under the microscope and see how many are deadView attachment 1165169
Have you looked at those under a 40x scope??? You need to pitch all of that in flower and bomb the room with the nastiest miticide and dunk the mothers in forbid or pylon twice exactly 1 week apart. Then start over w new clones. You will can’t beat em once they’ve progressed that far in flower.

JdMcnugget

JdMcnugget

did you call arbico yet? and Google Suzanne wainwright russet mites. these guys are spinning you round in circles

Tracyfri

Tracyfri

That's a really s***** picture. Does anyone with experience with these know how to tell when they are dead other than they're not moving? Do they start to change color just curious
Answered my own question. They begin to shrivel up like deflated balloons. I haven't seen a live one in 24 hours. Both the sulfer and spinosad sprayed plants have the same everything looks dead. The ones where I mixed them same thing. Gotta b patient and let it work bim going to re apply tomorrow. At least it's some success.

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
Have you started researching, bud washing yet? Looks like you might make it.

Tracyfri

Tracyfri

did you call arbico yet? and Google Suzanne wainwright russet mites. these guys are spinning you round in circles
I am hesitant bon calling them yet as I've said before. I am already well into flower so I'm afraid if I stop my spray applications to introduce predetory insects the population is already large enough that all the predetory will do is maybe at the very least keep from growing exploding into my colas. Maybe... I'm just not ready to take that chance at the moment when the sulfer itself is greatly reducing their numbers already. I realize we it may be years before and if I am ever rid of them but I c the introduction of beneficial bugs most effective vehicle the population of pests are still low in numbers. Then they have a fighting chance at keeping the numbers in check. It's not that I am against them but at this stage I think switching strategies could cost more than I am willing to gamble with..ya feel me nugget?

Tracyfri

Tracyfri

Have you started researching, bud washing yet? Looks like you might make it.
If your speaking w me then yes. I am familiar be bud washing. When these things die they shrivel to nothing and are hard to find infected buds and shoots. Just going by leaf symptoms which I did for long enough for them to gain a huge foothold, I missed them almost entirely. Glad I caught.them!

Tracyfri

Tracyfri

Have you looked at those under a 40x scope??? You need to pitch all of that in flower and bomb the room with the nastiest miticide and dunk the mothers in forbid or pylon twice exactly 1 week apart. Then start over w new clones. You will can’t beat em once they’ve progressed that far in flower.
I've gotta c this crop through. Most all colas unaffected. Al least the small test prices I've broken off and looked at under the microscope..I've got one plant /sq ft in 2/3 of the room then half that on the other third, not including a 2x4 dtw table one gallon coco top feed. They cranking. I pulled one lb out of it last set I'm on deck to do more than that the way these girls are looking. Almost 100 plants in all.
Believe me I wouldn't be trying to save plants where the pests reached the top of the plants and noticably effected top colas. So far they are dying! After I get this harvest I will wholeheartedly take all of the great advice I am receiving. Ty kindly good sir 👍👍👍👍

PizzaBob

PizzaBob

I've gotta c this crop through. Most all colas unaffected. Al least the small test prices I've broken off and looked at under the microscope..I've got one plant /sq ft in 2/3 of the room then half that on the other third, not including a 2x4 dtw table one gallon coco top feed. They cranking. I pulled one lb out of it last set I'm on deck to do more than that the way these girls are looking. Almost 100 plants in all.
Believe me I wouldn't be trying to save plants where the pests reached the top of the plants and noticably effected top colas. So far they are dying! After I get this harvest I will wholeheartedly take all of the great advice I am receiving. Ty kindly good sir 👍👍👍👍
I’m pulling for ya!

Twenty20

Twenty20

Supporter
So what are the products you’ve had luck with. I’m interested in the zero residue for flower and the nuclear shit for mothers and early veg. I currently have Pylon for veg but not yet used. And just bought Grandevo but haven’t used yet.
I’m week from chop and they are not yet swarming the buds so just gonna let it ride. I plan to kick the temp up to 115 for 2 hours this weekend and again day of chop. But I let my guard down so now I’m resolved to killing these insidious bastards. The pic is from last grow. Not as bad this time but will get out of hand soon.
Sulfur is the #1 best product to completely eliminate russets. Unfortunately it can damage the plants too if overused or used improperly. Mix at 2 TBSP per gallon to treat bad infestations and 1 TBSP/gallon for IPM maintenance.

Top Bottom